It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin is Dead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Sad to see anyone die I guess there wont be any more crocodile dundee films.

Rest in peace

That's the wrong guy. That's Paul Hogan not Steve Irwin.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by Shamanator
Sad to see anyone die I guess there wont be any more crocodile dundee films.

Rest in peace

That's the wrong guy. That's Paul Hogan not Steve Irwin.

Haha, quality stuff...

I am sad to hear this though.. poor bugger.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Sad news indeed, but the man died doing what he loved,

RIP Steve,

My thoughts are with his wife and his young children,

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
apparently its very rare to be killed by a stingray

but this is said news

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Very true howlrunner

Except, just being you dont respect someone, doesnt give u the excuse to be heartless, especially when there are people obviously saddened by this tragedy, whom are in the forum your posting.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Wow, at first I couldn't believe it, and that's strange because he's had a few close encounter before but I guess after a while you tend to think of some like that as invulnerable, which he was sadly not.

But look on the bright side, what have we learned today? If you're going to mess with Stingray's wear a bulletproof vest.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
apparently its very rare to be killed by a stingray

It is rare to be killed by a stingray but it is also rare to live life as Erwin did.

The doctor said the accident was very rare but so was Erwin. This is how he lived. He died as he lived ... on the edge.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Extremely rare, i believe it wasn't necessarily the venom but the leaceration that killed

What a great guy, energy, passion, love, respect. A true LEGEND

Too those who continue to slander the guy, He hasn't been seriously injured in all these years, he has respect for the animals and continues too care for them. The guy even ran into bush fires too save them from CERTAIN death. How the hell do you know that the way you do things is benefical to anyone or anything the last time i checked animals have no voiced opinion. If your that perfect why aren't you contributing to the world and nature in the way that he did?

GOD LOVE HIM AND REST IN PEACE
"THE CROCODILE HUNTER"
STEVE IRWIN

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It is rare to be killed by a stingray but it is also rare to live life as Erwin did.

that most truly reflects it I believe, as for the conspirators who think that one of his crew accidentally speared him with a gun just give it a rest it isnt that rare to be stung by a stingray the fact that he got stung in the heart might but like the quote above st8s he was an extraordinary human being, I will defo miss his tv shows , guess i will just have to watch those repeats. the guy had an unbelievable aura round him the stuff he got away with when either a venomous snake or Croc shouldve got him he always done the wackiest thing and entertained. thats what he was on of the greatest Entertainers as well as all the serious stuff he did to protect the animals and wildlife he breathed for.

[talks with an Aussie accent] Steve yer a Legend M8, May you RIP

L3X

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
the news is arrived also in Italy and his tv program was on La7 (public channel) and Discovery Channel

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
RIP Steve.
Our prayers are with yuor family.
This guy entertained the masses while educating them about dangerous animals,He enjoyed what he did and died doing it.
Good wishes to his wife Terri and their son.
Steve was a legend.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Steve brought the wildlife into peoples homes so we all could understand nature better. RIP Steve

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Living the life he did this was inevitable. It's like Nascar drivers. I don't have sympathy for people who needlessly endanger their lives. Steve Irwin may be a bit different in that at least he did something productive as a nature enthusiast.

brill

[edit on 4-9-2006 by brill]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I was awake tonight when it all unfolded.

This is what you would find if you searched stingray on wikipedia for about half an hour:

img314.imageshack.us...

Warning, it contains the F word.

[edit on 4/9/06 by Jugg]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
damnn, those were some of my favorite movies. I especially like the 'You call that a knife, THIS is a knife!! ' scene.

Also, I guess they are gonna need a new guy for those subaru outback commercials.

RIP

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It truly is a sad event... Steve Irwin was a significant contributor to cryptozoological causes-- especially dealing with the Tasmanian Tiger.

My thoughts go out to his wife and two kids... he will be greatly missed.

(Story from CNN.com)

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Great guy to watch on the t.v., He had alot of guts and ba**s for what he did.

R.I.P. Dude alot oare gonna miss what you do

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Very strange indeed, I heard the news this morning and i couldn't believe, I thought he was invencible in my childhood.
God bless him and all his family.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
sorry, did not see this thread and tried to start one on the same topic.
for all the work and knowledge he contributed to our understanding of the natural world, he will be very missed.
god speed, mate.

on a side note, i have always wondered who his medical insurer had been. could you just imagine him going into an insurance agents office? "you are who and you do what!? no way!? unless you want your deductible through the roof!"

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Steve Irwin, an icon of my generation is no more. Good bye Mate. This Fosters is for you.
I love you man

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join