It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin is Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Stung in the chest by a Stingray while shooting an underwater Documentry in Far North Queensland Australia at around midday Australian time.

mod edit: typo.

[edit on 3-9-2006 by Nerdling]

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Slaine01]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow, that's too bad but not surprising given the risks that guy took.

Do you have a supporting link?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wont believe it without a link, dude. My kids will be crushed if this is true..

[edit on 3-9-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Lead story

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Looks like someone has already updated wiki on Steve Erwin's death

Stephen Robert "Steve" Irwin (22 February 1962 - 4 September 2006) was the owner and manager of the Australia Zoo at Beerwah,

*cut*

On Monday September 4, 2006, Steve Irwin was killed by a Stingray barb that punctured his chest, whilst filming a documentary off the Low Isles, Queensland.[1]

Sporty

[edit on 3/9/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's on SkyNews here in the UK.

SKY AUSTRALIA: Australian Naturalist Steve Irwin Dies In A Marine Accident.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I've seen lots of news articles supporting this claim so far. Yeah, I actually thought a Crock would get him in the end.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
wow!

But really not a surprise.

I wonder when the tapes of his death will be leaked to the internets.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
That is a terrible loss, that guy made a lasting impression on my son, he watched him all the time. he will be missed.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Some prats already vandalized the wiki stingray article:

en.wikipedia.org...

(Edit - mind the mouth)

[edit on 4-9-2006 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Man that is unbelievable, you would of thought all those times he was sticking his head right into the face of a croc woulda done him in.. but in the end it was a stingray. I am really going to miss this guy, even though he had a way of talking that annoyed the crap out of me sometimes, he was an all around good guy who cared for the animals and his family. And to send him off...Crickey..He will always be remebered.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i was gonna ask did a croc bite his head off??? kind of ironic that "the crocodile hunter" looses his life to an eel.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yep, here's a link right here,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah, the world needs all the positive and passionate people it can get.
It's funny that all the good ones go early yet the crack addict down the street will live forever.....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Truly a shame.

This guy made the study and preservation of animals interesting again.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Damn, it's a shame. I used to watch some of his episodes and I used to be on the grip watching some of the crazy things he used to do.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It is worth noting that Steves death hasnt been reported officially by likes of Australia zoo or his family.
Assuming there hasnt been some kind of mistake I am sadend by Steves death.
I wasnt a huge fan of Steve Irwin style but I have a lot of respect for the work he did and the knowledge he had and shared with people via his TV show.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is terrible. Whether someone believes he was a nut or not, he did alot for wildlife and was honestly a joy to watch. I will miss seeing him.

I don't remember him ever putting his head in a crocodiles mouth. I always thought he was the epitamy of safety when dealing with wild animals, and to hear that a stingray killed him, is just goofy.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe a stingray killed him. When I was a kid, they let us pet those things at the aquarium. I guess there are different kinds of stingrays because I doubt they'd let us pet them if they were so leathal.

I always thought he was a pretty cool guy, aside from that one bonehead incident where he held his newborn child above a crocodile while feeding it raw meat. He's lucky his child wasn't taken away for that stunt.

I also got many laughs out of all the Steve Irwin impersonators. Especially the one on the "Bum Fights" DVD that treated homeless people like they were crocs. He would sneak up on one and duct tape him like a crocodile, and then show the camera his teeth and talk about what kind of species of bum it was. I know, its terrible and I'm probably going to hell.

RIP Steve Irwin.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I wont believe it without a link, dude. My kids will be crushed if this is true..

Mine too. I'm not looking forward to telling my son.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join