It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mundane conspiracies in the Holy Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
still spillin misinformation?
just keep it real and the truth will set you free...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

still spillin misinformation?
just keep it real and the truth will set you free...

Would you be so kind to clarify your statement? What misinformation? Are you or are you not calling me a liar? Do not hide behind mystic cryptic comments - spit out what you mean in plain English. Also I do know the truth and indeed I am free.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
who said you were caged certainly not me...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
not explanations centuries old explaining why some people have and others can't...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

i believe the topic is mundane conspiracies in the bible...

not explanations centuries old explaining why some people have and others can't...

Again a posting which does not make any sense at all. Is English you native language? Please make a post clarifying what you mean by "misinformation". Somewhere above I made a reply why only the four Gospels are now part of the Bible as per the topic of this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
may want to work on your participle phrases...

but anywayz...

the topic is conspiracies in religion specifically in the bible...

IN being the operative word...

not OUT...

first conspiracy that i mentioned earlier that i will expound uppon, extraterrestrials mentioned in the bible...
num.21:6,8
isa.14:29

second conspiracy that i mentioned earlier that i will expand knlowledge uppon,jesus did not die for us to kill each other and live in sin but for us to recgonise a sin against the son of man, and god said he shall send his one begotten son, to lead the wild in the ways of the man...

third conspiracy that i will reveal to you is the sin of the church exposed by jesus himself mark7:7-13

learn about it...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

to lead the wild in the ways of the man...

So I am not the only one who makes typo's.

first conspiracy that i mentioned earlier that i will expound uppon, extraterrestrials mentioned in the bible...
num.21:6,8
isa.14:29

Numbers 21:6
6. Then the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died.
7. The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people.
8. The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live."

I do not see any ET's here, only poisionous snakes (cobras maybe).

Isaiah 14:29
29. Do not rejoice, all you Philistines, that the rod that struck you is broken; from the root of that snake will spring up a viper, its fruit will be a darting, venomous serpent.

Hmm- still more snakes. Snakes are not ET's. They are native to this planet.

Perhaps you are thinking of the Book of Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 1:4
4. I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north--an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal,
5. and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man,
6. but each of them had four faces and four wings.
7. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.
8. Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings,
9. and their wings touched one another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.
10. Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle.
11. Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body.
12. Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went.
13. The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it.
14. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.
15. As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces.
16. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.
17. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went.
18. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.
19. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose.
20. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
21. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
22. Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome.

Also I suppose that you have an interesting purport for Mark 7:7 which you will reveal to us (and I suppose that it will be some new teaching on the subject)?

7. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'
8. You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
9. And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!
10. For Moses said, `Honor your father and your mother,' and, `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'
11. But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: `Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God),
12. then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother.
13. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
and for clearing that up...

what version of the bible is it you possess?...

isa.6:2,6

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by bigsage]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The quotes were from the NIV, but I also have CD version of the ASB and the KJV (all with Strong's references).

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
that would clear up a large portion of the misconception...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It is interesting how people always look for answers to their questions in religious texts. I have always viewed religious texts as GUIDANCE to finding answers yourself, not as THE answer.
You can write tons of books about inconsistencies in Bible, Quran, Torah and completely miss the point of those books. Whether Abraham wated to sacrifice Isaac( as Jews claim) or Ishmail (as muslims claim) is actually completely irelevant. The whole point of the story is his faith in God.
Same goes for all other "mistakes" in Holy Books, lot of those are mantioned in this discussion. People focus on semantics, "logical" mistakes and completely miss the point of religion. Religion is not exact science, it doesnt hold answers, it holds guidance, thats why the big picture is far more important then the actual date of event, names, etc,etc.

Well, might be off topic here, but thats my rant for this morning

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I just looked at the passages quoted in my previous posting (Numbers 21:6 and Isaiah 14:29) using the Literal Bible with Strong's # and they still come out to be snakes (or serpents). Stick with Ezekiel for your ET in the Bible theories, unless you have some new hypothesis to indicate that snakes in the Bible equals ET's.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
its ok i know im a little cryptic at times...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Quote from Paperclip
People focus on semantics, "logical" mistakes and completely miss the point of religion.

I concur to a great degree, but there are no "logical" mistakes in my Bible. Every sentence in my Bible is the Word of God.

Isaiah 6:2
2. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.
3. And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

So bigsage, are you saying that ET's look like Kosh from Babylon 5???

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by jagdflieger]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
their is a great deal of symbology in tell a vision...

and these seraphim are they also related to the other descriptions at all?...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well bigsage you are supposed to be the ET in the Bible expert. I just view these descriptions as being angels of God, His messengers. I never spent much time considering how one angel's appearance coincides with another. I thought the people who claim that these descriptions were contacts with ET's had already done that. They are messengers of God (angles) not ET's. By the way if you really want to blow your mind with advanced technology in someone's holy writings, go to a Krishna site and download Srila Prabhupada's book "KRSNA, The Supreme Personality of Godhead!" Be sure to read the part about the Battle of Kuruksetra.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by jagdflieger]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
and i am no expert, maybe a sage but no expert...

yet in the bible jesus mentioned how the "living god" of abraham was indeed taken incorrectly by men and men were creating sin from their attempted idea of perfection of worship...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
No what Jesus was hammering on was that men were following the Letter of the Law but not the intent of the Law. The Law was supposed to make men conscious of sin. Following the Law did not relieve the man of sin but should have made him aware of sin. Many Jews thought that by living by the Law that they did not sin. But no one can live by the Law without sinning. Things such as true charity and justice had been forgotten.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
but ultimately i agree with you previous post...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
No what Jesus was hammering on was that men were following the Letter of the Law but not the intent of the Law. The Law was supposed to make men conscious of sin. Following the Law did not relieve the man of sin but should have made him aware of sin. Many Jews thought that by living by the Law that they did not sin. But no one can live by the Law without sinning. Things such as true charity and justice had been forgotten.

Didn't God give Adam and Eve a "Conscience" of sin after eating the fruit of the forbidden tree? It should be automatic then also known as morals/common sense which is really what having a conscience is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join