It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK falling apart!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
well im from the us of a and i feel the same way and it seems this thread had turned toward immigration so back to the original thread..i think that theres no way things will ever be like before..the war with terrorists(islam) has changed everything..even if we bomb back to the stone age, western culture will always be under attack and always hated. so i feel that all western cultures are going to #..why?because there is no solution......

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I live in the US this whole Arab Islam thing is getting under my skin its like a plague. I so sick of hearing about these brainwashed idiots it isnt even funny. They want jihad lets give it to them.

Did you ever consider the brainwashed idiot is you? Maybe you've been subject to a carefully manipulated propaganda campaign to create the next great enemy of the United States and "the free world" and you don't even know it. It seems unlikely that a grossly underfunded, undertrained, and tiny number of extremeists could cause the amount of mayhem suggested by the government and the media. Next time a car alrm goes off in your neighborhood, and you run out in the street and start shooting, make sure that car alarm was yours and wasn't just from the movie of the week on the boob tube.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OMG THERE ARE BOMBINGS AND CRIME THAT MUST MEAN THE ENTIRE NATION IS FALLING APART OMG!

Listen to yourself, jeez.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm also beggining to feel that the Islamic Terror issue is simply filling in untill the Chinese get their act together. Just think, the fastest growing economy in the world, the most populous nation with the largest Army, a Nuclear power with it's own space programme! I'm feeling faint already. Sino-Phobia, it's the new black.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I totally agree with the OP, the UK is indeed sinking, so much deciet, so many lies, it's hard to tell whats real nowdays. Their is going to be a hell of a mess for future governments to clean up, after the damage the tyrant labour party AND G.W.Bush have inflicted.
The ones making a quick buck are too blind to actually see whats going on, the lesser of us have very little real voice, but we know whats happening.
It's tempting to follow the sheep, but theirs nothing to lose from us feeling the fear and doing it anyway.The NWO can't buy bravery, the word has no meaning to the soul-less people's agenda.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
OMG THERE ARE BOMBINGS AND CRIME THAT MUST MEAN THE ENTIRE NATION IS FALLING APART OMG!

Listen to yourself, jeez.

This is what we're dealing with here. people that believe what they're told.

John, the bombings are just the pudding, who put the ingredients together is the part of the recipe you're missing. I guess you'll think i'm trying to implement Jamie Oliver into terrorism now huh.

People like you are partly responsible for what we've become, so when it hits the fan, don't say you wern't warned, in your old age etc etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I would just like to say, that after all I have ever read on this site.

Of all I ever written on this site.

Maybe all I have ever written, heard or seen in anything I have ever read..

There is nothing more true then that statement right there. Pure, simple, blunt and wise.

What makes a country a country? What makes a scott a scott, a english man different then an Irish man? What is the difference between the French and the English??

Soooo much is different, HISTORY is different, culture is different! That is what makes a nation a nation, what gives it a identity that all who reside within it's borders can claim.

We want to be nice to everyone, we want to let the other nationals in, mix the races, forget cultural identity, forget your history, you must become a bland, politically correct, faithless dumbed down society with nothing to hold onto..

It will destroy you in the end.. you cannot survive as a people without any common ground and history, that is all you have, and when you steralize your culture, when you Americanize it... you will loose it all.

*SNIP* hiporcrites! The english are nothing but immigrants too! Or do you really believe you own BS and think that england as always been there? That the english made Stonehenge and Briton was just a country full of cavemen till you invaders came along? Learn some history before you spout off about immigrants wanting to kill the locals will you! Its what england is made from!

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a few things:

all economic indicators show that population density lowers everyone's standard of living. high pop. density is not a 'desirable' in economic analysis. these people need to move to the US, canada, australia etc. when they argue that immigration helps the economy, all they really mean is that supply is being increased to meet demand thereby suppressing wage inflation. this is not in the interest of the working man or woman. very very not Labour. i see no reason any more for the working class to vote for Labour. if we have a worker shortage it's because we are not producing offspring in the way we should, and that it a result of the decadence which has infliltrated our society since the supposed enlightened and revolutionary 60s.

i have spoken to enough people who came of age during the 1930s and 40s to understand that they were truly a great generation of men and women with values, humility, integrity, and industry. what happened in the bay area of northern california during the 60s and which then spread like a virus throughout the western world has done nothing for us as a civilization. to an extent, the islamists are right, we are a decadent society. the difference between them and us however is that our system allows people to choose to be decadent i.e., we are free.

someone above referred to this present "war" "crisis" etc as just a bunch of underfunded and disorganized extremists who really present little harm to us. that was a very ignorant (in the sense of unread, uneducated) supposition.

go learn arabic, farsi etc and the various dialects. translate what many of their leaders are constantly saying to their people. a good 5-10% of the muslim world sees the west as decadent and is willing to take up arms against it. that's a lot of people. the surrounding arab countries have gone to war with israel on more than one occasion in the past 60 years. it WILL happen again. 9/11, madrid, 7/7, almost 10 planes blown out of the sky, the mideast recently almost exploding into war yet again etc. this is not some 'no big deal'.

najad in iran is uncannily akin to hitler in the 1930s, who like najad also threatened a neighboring country with a large jewish problem. we ignored him at our peril.

the british people are a great people because of their virtues. there is ample historical evidence to support our near eastern origins. we are the descendants of some of those ten lost tribes who were taken north after the assyrian invasion of palestine almost 3000 years ago. obviously we are pretty mixed, but the blood of israel (of which the jews are just one tribe) runs through our veins, as it does through the veins of most europeans, north americans etc.

if you want to know why western civilization has been the most successful in all of history, go read the book of genesis. this is truly a clash of civilizations. the west is israel, not just some tiny wales-size state on the med. the war goes on. israel pitted against the amorites, cannanites and every other form of ites. we could call them islam-ites.

i am so proud of my british heritage. we were, and hopefully still are, a virtuous and chosen people. our very history bears testimony to that. but in the past 50 years we have forgotten who we are and where we come from. we will reap the whirlwind if we do not awaken to our latterday calling.

god save the queen, and god bless the united states of america.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's called cultural diversity. Stop being a racist. Shut up and take your beating. You deserve it, after all becuase you advanced beyond the bronze age.

The UN will protect you. Kofi and his buds have a very good track record.

Die the good death infidel!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
Great cultures and empires have existed that grew richer (culturally) by being transformed as they absorbed whole nations. One generation that resists integration is hardly the death knell of society as we know it.

I come up against your type everyday since I became an advocate for reduced immigration to first world countries. You guys have never bested me yet despite all your so-called logic.

Even your bogus economic reasons don't hold water under scrutiny.

The fact of the matter is that globalists want to destroy nations and nationalism and one of the fastest ways to do it is massive immigration from the third world to the first world.

A country exists to serve its people and not just the elites that have no loyalty to it and pay little if any taxes. Newcomers of highly dispariate cultural backgrounds will never integrate and they will never be loyal to their new found cash cow.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
you know what i find funny about all this posturing from brits who complain that their culture is being attacked by immigrants?
Its that we (the Brits) are (or were) the absolute BEST at attacking other cultures via imperialism. My God, i just read recently that in India, they are asking that Judges stop having to wear wigs....because its a throw back from the English days.

I watched a documentary on CNN the other week about immigrants, who, despite popular belief, are not coming here "to sponge off welfare", but because alot of them feel we as Britain, hold a place in their hearts from a time not so long ago, when WE invaded THEIR countries.

When it comes down to it, the simple fact is this. If the wealth of this world was spread a little more equally....people wouldnt feel the need to come over to different countries. If trade was truly fair and people could earn a decent living in their place of birth, do you really think they would risk life and limb to get over here?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

but because alot of them feel we as Britain, hold a place in their hearts from a time not so long ago, when WE invaded THEIR countries.

That does not make sense. Not that I live in Britain but...are you saying the large amounts of Middle Easterns [which you call Asians?] and people from poorer countries in Europe that immigrate to England are because of imperialism?

I doubt any of the immigrants go to England because they hold a "place in their hearts from a time not so long ago..." I think, like you mentioned about India, that they want all British influence out of their countries and cultures and just want jobs. That is all.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
but why do they want jobs here and not in their home countries?
because the wealth of this world is appallingly spread out.
i didnt say ALL of them came here because of imperialism. And me saying "a place in their hearts" maybe should be translated to..."feel that we owe them something"....and Pakistan and India are not Middle Eastern countries by the way.

EDIT to add that i saw you didnt actually say Pakistan or India WAS a middle eastern country....sorry

but yes, we call them Asians....we call arabs, Middle eastern....and chinese, we call....chinese i think...?...

[edit on 31-8-2006 by geek101]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Why did this discussion suddenly become an either/or argument about immigration. That is only one factor to take into account with regards to the original question. I'll reiterate immigration per se is not a real problem as long as it's dealt with sensibly, getting away from the two more extreme ends of the spectrum ie all immigration is bad and wicked or unlimited and unchecked immigration is some kind of recompense for our imperialist history.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
[
#ing hiporcrites! The english are nothing but immigrants too! Or do you really believe you own BS and think that england as always been there? That the english made Stonehenge and Briton was just a country full of cavemen till you invaders came along? Learn some history before you spout off about immigrants wanting to kill the locals will you! Its what england is made from!

hehehehe its amazing how little the English know/admit to their own saxon germanic/norman french heritage......lest we forget the german queen Lizzie 2 saxcoberggother-meiten (or whatever her real name is) "Windsor" indeed

Not that this is a bad thing (heritage/immigration) populations have always migrated. Just dont hold yourselves up as the epitome of a pure british bloodline in the face of all these horrid immigrants

Things change. adapt or die.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You want to know what happens when people move to your country and start living there old way.? Come To Sydney and have a look around. Can you believe this place. A bloke has to speak Chinese or Arab to get a job. Its no Joke! Its just bloody sad. Cant say anything tho. Or your a Racist.......Bloody Mongrel's

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

That does not make sense. Not that I live in Britain but...are you saying the large amounts of Middle Easterns [which you call Asians?] and people from poorer countries in Europe that immigrate to England are because of imperialism?

I doubt any of the immigrants go to England because they hold a "place in their hearts from a time not so long ago..." I think, like you mentioned about India, that they want all British influence out of their countries and cultures and just want jobs. That is all.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

It is relevant - the UK was, on the whole, a positive influence on the countries it colonised. We are seen to be be decent , law-abiding etc. so the UK's immigrants do perhaps have a view of the UK (right or wrong) as a good place to relocate to.

It's also relevant in that the UK does certainly suffer from a 'guilt of empire' and doesn't criticise immigrants or foce naturalisation processes on them due to a hangover of feelings from the Empire days.

Oh and this is absolutely in the wrong forum - are the mods asleep? Nothing at all to do with WoT

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Anyways. To comment on the original comment about things getting bad or worse. It is. All over the world. No matter where you look read or hear. The year 2012 is fast approching. Look up on the internet about 2012....? Where in the last days of Steel and money. Last days where money is a thing of value. In the not to distant future food and water will be the most sort after item. There is about a 100 period of hardship (like the 1930's depression) and about 35 years of war. No one person will be un effectec by it.
If you stop and sit quietly you can feel it. Most people can feel something coming in the near future. On the deeper level, most if not all know what is taking place now and know what the future holds for us. Its going to be hard. Can be changed, but there is to much paranoia, to much greed, to much need to control others sadly. So the time of troubles will happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Wandjina this was to be an intelligent discussion. I agree that everything and everyone and every country has problems growing, but save the 2012 end of the world prophecies for the prediction/prophecy section of the board.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I come up against your type everyday since I became an advocate for reduced immigration to first world countries. You guys have never bested me yet despite all your so-called logic.

No doubt the world is a better place ever since the day you became an "advocate for reduced immigration to first world countries" (ARIFWC for short)..... a lofty title indeed.

In an inevitably foolhardy display of "so-called logic", I suggest we tackle the precieved problem of immigration at the source. Dispatch the ARIFWCs to these 2nd and 3rd world countries. No doubt their cast iron logic and debating skills will utterly convince the inhabitants that it would not only be bad for the first world countries, but could also spell disaster for them and the entire world...(by helping bring about the New World Order no less! Under who's tyrranical thumb we be brainwashed into inhuman acts, like not going to war all the time, not minding about homosexuals and other such unmanly notions).... I would also propose that these missionaries of national segregation remain abroad, preaching their message of Peace, Love and Unity for ever.

I imagine, though, that I remain utterly bested

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join