It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof About Fake UFO Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I made these using photoshop, to proove how easy and simple it is to make "fake" ufo sightings, i took 3 pictures of my sky and made fake ufos on them, they took me about 3 minutes, i hope this prooves how easy it is to make fake ufos on photos, please leave your comments.

Fakes:

Image:1
Image:2
Image:3

Here are the original pictures(sorry i had to use this)

Download

Please notice how i used bluring the "ufo" and putting the quality and size of the original picture down.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
And the other side of that coin being just how easy it is to determine the photo is not the original or has been tampered with.

From the image information:

Creation Software = Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows

for starters.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If some-one claimed them as real photos, you know quite alot of people would belive them to be real, they do look convincing, well i think so adleast

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I really don't know what you're trying to achieve here besides getting some points from the die-hard skeptics that lurk around.

Even a non trained eye will raise suspicions about your shots and i really don't think you could fool anyone with these.

And you're a long shot from proving that all photoshop-era pics are fake.
You're also ignoring all the pics that were taken before people had computers at home, radar recordings...

So your theory is : "look at this, they're fake ; so all the others have to be fake too" ?

I kinda ask myself sometimes what are the motivations behind such self-inflicted ignorance.

You're not even arguing anything with this : believers go on with the thought that if one shot can be considered as proof, then its enough. You're not going to convince with that kind of exercise so people will raise more examples and it will go on forever.

Skeptics allways go on with the same scheme. First they ask for proof, then they say it's fake. When the document doesn't bring consensus, they move on to personnal aspects aka "tell me who you are, who are your friends, what do you read..." to finally question the person instead of the documents.

You question peoples motives so i guess i can question yours too.

Why do you care about having less people believe in aliens ? What's your interest behind this ?
Are you affraid that if the polls show an amazing number of believers that your government (maybe your employer too for that matter) might have to move towards disclosure ?

Sometimes skeptic/hard to convince people ask what religion are people into. Now that's something that amazes me and i don't quite grasp why. Why would an account from a christian have more weight than the one from an agnostic, a muslim person...
Are ufos somewhat linked to a particular religion ?

Now i guess i have to apologize for having gone such a long way but these are things that i just had to get out of my chest.
I don't go around questionning other people's beliefs and if a forum has a purpose, it is to allow everyone to express what they want and talk about it.
Not going around waving arms in the air screaming "thou arst all foolz!"

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ok, [insult removed] i wasnt saying that at all, i was showing how easy it is to make fake images, i was not saying all photos are fake, i was not saying that people that beilve in ufos are stupid, and i am not trying to score points with sceptics, i did this to show how easy it is to make fake ufo sightings and the fact that you give me some lecture and say i think every1 who belives in ufos are dumb or as you so unpolitly put it

"thou arst all foolz!"
, and you started talking about religons, wtf has that got to do with anything, so to round this up, yes i do belive in ufos, and no i am trying to say that all ufo sightings are fake, just its really easiy to make a fake picture...

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/28/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

and say i think every1 who belives in ufos are dumb or as you so unpolitly put it

I'm not sure if telling people "thou arst all foolz" is any worst than telling someone they're dumb.
Look, anyone basing their opinions on a few photos from an unknown person IS dumb. While photos and videos are fun to look at, unless you have an expertise in examining such evidence I wouldn't put much stock in it.
I would encourage those just starting to get into the subject to research the meaning of "Fermi's paradox." Get familiar with Project Blue Book, the Condon Report.... basically do a little reading. Whenever someone is trying to get their point across (whether skeptic or believer) ask yourself questions... Do they have anything to gain? Anything to lose? What are their credentials? Is the report vague? Are there other witnesses or people who can corroberate the story? Did it draw the attention of local media? Did the wire services report it? Etc etc...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

i did this to show how easy it is to make fake ufo sightings and the fact that you give me some lecture and say i think every1 who belives in ufos are dumb or as you so unpolitly put it

This is what i said not that all people who belive in ufos are dumb...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
An important point that few like to discuss, is that most "proof" provided are usually out of focus, blurry, hard to make out, etc etc... why?

Why can't there just be some sort of undeniable proof? I know that I personally have no idea what the truth is, which should also be true fro the rest of us. None of us travel in space, none of us really have the power to see thousands of miles into space. We don't know. However, I think that if we are visited, and visited often, there would be some sort of irrefutable, IN FOCUS proof. Until that comes, I'll just believe what I want to believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I completly agree with mouth, i belive we are visited by outsiders but we still have no official proof, well that the government have let us seen.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And then, what would be your proof ?
Some people will never be convinced by a picture, others will be more enclined to believe in video footage.
Some don't believe at all corporate or even local press.
Some will want to see with their own eyes while some others even when seeing it will think its a fake set up.
Well, you see my point, truth is relative.

But making a thread to say some pics are fake, well...
You probably haven't read much threads around since any pic posted is scrutinized, analyzed, doubted and everytime rejected by some.
Yes, everytime someone posts a pic, someone will come and say its fake.
So, no big news here.
Next time bring on the big guns, toshop is just a toy for fakers.
There is CGI, photocompositing and such.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
In this day and age video and in particular photos/pictures are very easy to fake.
For nice video hoaxes just do a search on YouTube or Google.

Now take into consideration - Everything is Unidentified. Unidentified means just that. No soul can identify the object or vehicle. One can not and should not presume to assign an unknown object as being from an out space visitor without the "Proof" to back the claim up. Who is qualified to do that?

That is what the problem is with the acronym UFO. The presumption that something unable to be indentified makes it of alien origin. How so? Not one of us has one alien aircraft/spacecraft to compare it to. If we had a real alien spacecraft we could study it and then our UFO's wouldn't be UFOs anymore. Until we get beyond testimony, pictures, videos, and associated theories we can not conclusively presume anything is extra terristrial.

It's fine and OK to have faith, but claims based on faith are not justified enough to proclaim proof.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by nullster]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ok great. Now that you've shown us your limited ability to fool noone with your sad attempts at fake photos what's next? A demonstration of how multiple witnesses can be confused by a military flare?
Even better yet show us how a secret balloon that was never launched ended up almost twenty miles away and was misidentified by people who would have known better.
Fake that one.
[spits] This entire thread should be sent to the trash.

top topics

join