It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you all come here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hello. I have been here a little while now and have set myself up with a nice community. From ever since I can remember Ufology has been something of major interest to me, that's how I ended up here.
My pivitol moment was watching Close Encounters when I was very young and since then the subject has always with me.

The question I have to you all is what brought YOU here? What spurned your interests in this subject, what was your pivotal moment that made you start taking an interest? Was it simply out of curiosity or did you experience something you couldn't explain and came searching for answers? What case has fascinated you the most and why?

Please write what you think!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This has been asked many times. Everyone has a different explanation.

I was looking for prophesies and wound up here.

I'd like to know what makes people leave

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Do you mean to this site? Or to the search for truth?

To this site, boredom broght me here. For the search for truth, just my interests in Astronomy and Astrophysics, and the occasional bogus claim like stations on the moon and aliens watching over us. heh.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was first brought here on account of finding more about aliens and other sci-fi Hollywood stuff. Entranced and almost giddy about the daring threads, snappy come-backs, and some of the coolest hoaxes I have ever heard; my world has completely been altered and hopefully for the better.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I stumbled across ATS while researching the moon landings,and I've enjoyed my experience ever since. The knowledge of the community in an array of different areas is inspiring.

BTW the first thing I learnt was the moon is made of cheese and I have proof.

Zoom right in
googlemoon

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
People at high positions in government told me that the public has no clue what is going on in the world or why, including academics and the media.

Also, I was told that most research in my field had already been done, and I was wasting my time in the civilian world.

Also, various people have told me stories over the years about things entering the atmosphere, friends of friends of foo fighters, and so on, that got me interested.

Also, my brother saw something interact with a high-altitude aircraft for which logical common explanations don't seem to fit.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Man the moon IS made of cheese!,

I was thinking more about what brought us here,not to this site but ultimately the truth.

I guess the Rendlesham case really woke me up too, after hearing Colonel Halts transcript it really freaked me out

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I was thinking more about what brought us here,not to this site but ultimately the truth.

I guess the Rendlesham case really woke me up too, after hearing Colonel Halts transcript it really freaked me out

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by October

Sorry guilty of charged for skim reading ...It's a fair cop

In answer to your question I was attracted to the UFO phenomina by my Dad ...He's a bit off the wall.He had books on all sorts of things when I was growing up and his books on UFO'S really interested me.
Unfortunatly I have never witnessed an event for myself, and while I believe there are a lot of dillusional people outthere,there are also a lot of credible witnesses and some good evidence that there is somthing going on here.

I hope that is a better answer and that you enjoyed the moon joke ....cheers Kuhl

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The question I have to you all is what brought YOU here? What spurned your interests in this subject, what was your pivotal moment that made you start taking an interest? Was it simply out of curiosity or did you experience something you couldn't explain and came searching for answers? What case has fascinated you the most and why?

Good question...

I was searching for a good friend of mine, who spent a lot of money on me, and he was a regular member on ATS. I used the search engines, typed in simple keywords, and this forum came up among several others.

This forum seemed to be neat, well moderated, compared to other forums where he used to be. I decided to stay here, my interest is now in Aliens, and I like this place especially now, because somehow this website is more free than a year ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah I agree I literally stumbled on it and i seriously don't know what i would do without it now!,

nice avatar!!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hello. I have been here a little while now and have set myself up with a nice community. From ever since I can remember Ufology has been something of major interest to me, that's how I ended up here.
My pivitol moment was watching Close Encounters when I was very young and since then the subject has always with me.

The voices in my head told me to come here and I had no other alternative.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
why am i here?

2 words

deny ignorance

that's my goal in life, and this is a good place to warm up and gain practice

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i think i found this site while searching about aliens on google and i found this site and the rest is history lol

but ive been interested in ufo and cryptozoology ever since i was young watching the x-files and programs about bigfoot and the loch ness monster

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was reading an article about john titor on a website and i found a link to this one on it.
I luked for 18 months then joined cos i wanted to have a bit of a rant.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i heard ATS has the best chicken salad around.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a forum in ATS, where 1-liners will be discouraged. The question is an honest one and deserves an honest answer.

I came here because someone told me (among other things) about the 'soul-collector' on the moon and that story intrigued me. I asked where he got this stuff and he told me about ATS.

A little Googling and the rest is history.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
very good question.

i came hear to research chemtrails and other fragile earth issues about a year ago.
i only joined though about a few months ago so i could join in and post.

i have found it an amazing site, in fact i must go on here at least 3 times a day.
overall it is an amazing informative site,it is good to get diff views from people from all over the world.

keep up the good work ATS !!!

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My intrest in astrology brought me here. I guess it must have been via google. I've always had an intrest in anything space related. So i'm into the whole UFO/Alien side of the site as well as the space exploration.

But that does'nt mean I don't read all the other goings on here on ATS, it's all great stuff. Knowledge is power as they say, you should never stop learning in yourlife time. I know I won't.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i was searching answers for the ABC's Lost serie, i typed coverup in antartica and i found this wonderful site who opened my eyes on alot of things. At first i was like mehh a forum, must be boring, but lol i was wrong.

btw you should look that tread about antartica , nice info in there , in here

[edit on 25-8-2006 by eagle eye]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join