It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If true, this is a MAJOR concern for us all. Van Allen belt TAMPERING!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
When did the US become god? Did I fall asleep for a few thousand years and miss something? What gives the US the right to think they can affect the entire world? When is someone going stop this abomination?... So.. protecting low orbit satellites is more important than say.... The Human Race? ugh.. The United States is increasingly becoming the proverbial "Red headed step child" of the world..
Illegitimate red headed child, that is. More fear.
More terror. What if all the electricity in most of the world went out?? Can you say PANIC???
That, my friends, is the goal.

Ox

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well of course that's the goal... Wide spread global chaos. But WHO is going stop this?
The USA is looking more and more like a terrorist state than ever, disrupting something that very little is known about.. especially on a cosmic scale, would be insanity. Who is giving the green light on this? How can these people feel comfortable and safe in their own minds knowing what they are going to do?

This needs to stop.. People need to speak up and act out NOW...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No dude, its not paranoia, it is an awarness of the fact that if we keep tampering with the unknown, at some point it will come back to haunt us.

I live in the UK, and do not see how the USA can decide to 'pull down' parts of the van allen belts and have it as a shield or reflector for their use.

It is there to protect us from deadly harm from the sun and cosmic radiation, and the earths own magnetic fields are the last line of defense so to speak. i do not see how the USA can weaken such an important part of our PLANETARY defences put in place by nature.

Make no mistake about it, the van allen belts keep us alive. pulling parts of it down and weakening what is there doesn't sound like a sound idea to me.

OH and Ox, I agree whole heartedly with you - this needs to stop before it harms us all.

This is earth, all of our homes, not a play thing just for the USA.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox

This needs to stop.. People need to speak up and act out NOW...
Hmmm...easier said than done. You know what happens here when we speak out against such blasphemies (sp).....some call you nuts. I guess we could all take to the streets with sandwich boards, but they'd encarcerate us.

I'm open to suggestions.

Ox

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No it's not a good idea at all, It's stupid, ridiculously stupid.

And why are they doing this now? A path to a future moon landing perhaps?

Messing with something on a cosmic scale is going to have reprocussions on a cosmic scale... How can this be allowed? What ULTIMATE world power was given to the USA and when?

I used to like living here too.. Such a shame

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It certainly is a nation i can no longer understand, and barely tolerate. I can only hope this is a bad looooong dream, and i'll wake up sweating profusely...but it will have only been a nightmare.
:shk:

Ox

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I... unfortunately have to agree with you.. I emmigranted here 9 years ago.. When the country was NORMAL, before it fell under the Nazi like regime that occupies now. The US government is out of control, period.. Someone.. ohh like THE PEOPLE, need to stop acting like sheep and stand up for themselves, WE vote these decision makers in.. VOTE THEM OUT.. Or.. Just dont vote at all.. A nation that doesnt vote at all? Can anyone be elected?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
dg i'm with you on that one. Heres the frightening thing about it.Read this. Its very technical, but a basic understanding of chemistry and physics will get you through it.

To sum it up.

A dramatic change in the chemistry of the atmosphere.

www.physics.otago.ac.nz...

No ship people, they KNOW it will give a dramatic change to the chemistry of the atmosphere.... And there still doing it any way....

Lord above help us.

10 satellites is all its going to take as the article states, and they will be able to have a totaly human controlled van allen belt.

Great idea for killing loads of us in one blow is it not??

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
A nation that doesnt vote at all? Can anyone be elected?

You have been here long enough to know better, congress will just appoint some one....

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ox,

I dont believe we vote anyone in. Dont forget the new and improved voting systems.

Dont be fooled into thinking we actually appoint anyone anymore.

Even if we did, who do we trust??? All branches are the same- they all have the same agenda. tsk.

Ox

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ahh dg... Youre so RIGHT.. and when youre right.. you know the rest of that...

Acutally.. just to touch on the subject of the new voting system, look a the link in my signature, there is a post on that site that goes into detail about the new voting system, also there is a video of testimony from a software writer who is giving his deposition to a congressional hearing about how he wrote the software to change votes in the new voting machines.. Rather interesting stuff

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
people thats down right scary.

But back to the subject in hand, did you read that they have already done 'many' of these experiments already using a 'ground station' some where in the USA????

Freaking hells people, i wonder if the canadian black and others in the USA out was a set of accidents after all!!!

tampering in this manner is going to lead us to nothing but trouble, especially as it strips the high altitudes of its chemical make up...

BAD STUFF!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Advisor

the bombs that were tested in space are bigger than most of the arsenal now - they were for the original US ABM system *safeguard*

srmsc.org...

They used megaton class warheads , of the enhanced radiation type *neutron bombs* for the simple explanation - although neutron enhance weapons are but 1 type in this class - the outer surface of the bomb `s core gives the characteristics of the enhancement - gold is used to enhance x-rays for example.

anyway - the EMP effects in space were discovered when Telstar was launched in 1962 - the day before starfish prime detonated in the same area , and the satellite failed from teh increased radiation very quickly only 5 months later after launch.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
But back to the subject in hand, did you read that they have already done 'many' of these experiments already using a 'ground station' some where in the USA????

My guess is Alaska? Does HAARP have any ties into it's capabilities in doing this? I don't really know, I haven't cracked those books open in a while, maybe I should. A lot of people talk about weather modification potential with HAARP, but wasn't it supposed to do more with magnetic fields and the ionosphere?

What a shame that one country feels the need to do something that can affect the whole world in this way. Not saying that it would for sure, but the potential is there.

So how many of us are going to do what I'm doing today? Calling our congresspeople? It may not help a lot, but we should be trying something. Some of them up there in DC are at least willing to give more information on subjects where they can. These are the times, if enough people called, at least there could be some sort of fear instilled that they may have opposition and people do pay attention.

I remember the lyrics to a Jewel song that always sticks to my mind when I hear about stuff like this, "Birds always grow silent before the night descends, cuz nature has a funny way of breaking, what does not.. bend." Pretty accurate from my experiences dealing with nature's wrath. Amazing that some still believe they can bend science to their will. :shk:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting stuff,

[ door opens... in walks the 'Conspiracy Theory']

Ulterior motive:

What if you could control 'all' satellite feeds in world.

Being able to shut down any communications across the world, let alone being able to off set a missile launch being controlled by satellite feed?

Could this also be part of their 'Tests'.

( couldn't help it, it was all just sitting there )

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I find the names of these programs to be slightly disturbing and very telling...

SOH = Sleight of HAND

Sleight means trickery, deception and HAND being High Altitude Nuclear Detonations

the phrase sleight of hand should not be associated with nuclear weapons imo

can it stop getting scary now?

[edit on 8-23-2006 by worldwatcher]

Ox

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You make a very valid point
How about the disruption of enemy satelittes so they dont see a major attack coming?

I just dont see how this is going to protect low earth orbit satellites..

It's a farce, there's always an ulterior motive

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The truth is often scary, and people need to be prepared for both. These sort of problems are like teeth, ignore them and sure they will go away, but in turn make things all that much worse.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

My guess is Alaska? Does HAARP have any ties into it's capabilities in doing this? I don't really know, I haven't cracked those books open in a while, maybe I should. A lot of people talk about weather modification potential with HAARP, but wasn't it supposed to do more with magnetic fields and the ionosphere?

From the document itself

Sleight of HAND

Unclassified US Department of Defense budget documents from earlier this year propose at least initially using the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Project (HAARP) near Gakona, Alaska, “to exploit emerging ionosphere and radio science technologies related to advanced defense applications.” HAARP is jointly operated by the US Air Force and the US Navy. The project appears to be included under a program called “Sleight of HAND” (SOH).

“The effects of High Altitude Nuclear Detonations (HAND) are catastrophic to satellites,” the budget report explains. “HAND-generated charged particles are trapped for very long periods of time, oscillating between the earth’s north and south magnetic poles. This enhanced radiation environment would immediately degrade low-earth orbiting (LEO) spacecraft capability and result in their destruction in a short period of time.”

The military budget documents refer to the SOH program as “a proof of concept demonstration” of technology and techniques to mitigate the HAND-enhanced trapped radiation, with the goal of accelerating “the rate of decay of trapped radiation from the LEO environment by a factor of 10 over the natural rate of decay.”

Phase 1 of SOH would use a high-power ground-based source of VLF radiation - at least initially using the HAARP facility - “propagating through the ionosphere to deflect the trapped radiation deep into the atmosphere.” If that proves valid and cost-effective, space-based demonstrations and tests apparently would follow.

Source

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i heard once that the military had a device that used a laser to "link" to the van der belt and could actually get energy to power equipment with it. the person also said that when they'd use this device it'd create a little color prism in the clouds/sky. the man who told me this was friends with the guy who invented the car that ran on water and later went to work at wright patt military base. so the source was pretty credible. anybody hear of something like this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join