It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If true, this is a MAJOR concern for us all. Van Allen belt TAMPERING!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

Sorry about the link to another forum, but it needs to be seen by as many people as possible due to its potential to affect massive amounts of us around the globe.

In a nutshell, DARPA are going to try and alter the Van Allen belts around the earth. yes thats right, ALTER for military use, the Van Allen belts.

They admit it may affect HF communications, GPS, satellites ect, but they are planning on going ahead with it any way.....

Now im no science teacher, but even i know that if you start messing with things that protect us from fatal harm, you had better be 1000% sure of what your doing, or leave it the hell alone.

This is madness of the highest order.

here is the story in full. Bloody madness is what this is
[edit on 22-8-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

www.arrl.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
And its also going to have 'short term effects' on the ozone layer as well, but they 'think' that it won't last long.....

ok people i think i want to stop the ride and get off now - we as a race seem to be hell bent on messing this planet up.

I want off.

TAXI!!!

Bez

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This does seem CRAZY! No way should we be messing with things we dont fully understand, this could have serious implications if it goes wrong

Make that a taxi for 2 D4rk Kn1ght

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Bez]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yeah I think when this gets out were going to need a winnibago caravan convoy for all those who feel that this just may be one step too far.....

Oh and did you read how it will be useful if there are high altitude air burst nuclear weapons detonated...

Oh freaking hell......

TAXI ON THE DOUBLE!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Don't worry, we are all going to die sooner or later.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I just cracked another cold one, I think will all be fine in the morning. Why so many people predicting death and destruction ?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Got a seat for me D$rk Kn1ght? I really think some people are just too arragent, as to go so far as to do something that could potentually cause so much damege to other people. They say terrorists are bad, but these guys might take the cake.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Acctualy obesity and cigarretes take the cake, that is of course if you speaking about people dying.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Don't worry all the people in telepathic contact with ET's will just telepath them and be like hey fix it. kthx.

or ya know IF any thing serious was going to happen Sylvia Browne would warn us all, or David Blaine would cast a spell and protect us.

Relax.

Death is only eminent.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
From what I read here
www.arrl.org...

the project would help protect or possible save low earth satellites in the event of a major solar storm or nuclear weapon particles in the atmosphere. I believe I read further testing to prove out this theory may be going to take place. It sounds interesting and I hope they know what they're doing. If we lost all of the low earth satellites, that would be a much bigger problem than losing some radio signals for a few days in my opinion. However, I'm certainly no expert on this.

From what I read, the independent research group studying this was mainly concerned about radio blackouts that may affect airplane pilots and ships around the world causing them to lose radio contact. GPS may be disrupted as well. I didn't read any concerns about any sudden death concerns though.

[edit on 23-8-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok, just a quick thing here.

Now, I have'nt researched the van allen belts, but are'nt they just where
all the bad particles that the Earths Magnetic keeps from reaching the
planet go?

I mean, if that's the case, than unless they want to lower the belts
into the atmosphere somehow, I really don't see the big deal.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The Elite are planning on a man made induced water shortage to turn freshwater into a commodity from massive drought & crop failure. This is how they will do it.
This is their plan for population control. Only obedient slaves get cashless credits to buy food. Not too much food cause it will be efficient & profitable. Remember we must protect television & gov't monitoring at all costs! Can't have the sheeple escaping or becoming self sufficient!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I do believe that the U.S. will do almost ANYTHING to be the first to augment/control space. This will get more interesting in the next few years.

However. I think this particular technology is beyond what they are willing to try manipulating at this point. There are a lot of smart people running these projects. Too many of them watching to allow such idiodic moves.

- Relax -

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thay have been doing just that for a long time now actually. Think of all those Detonations in the upper strato, the nuclear ones before testing was taken under gound.

Now going by those older tests, it isn't hard to imagine what todays nukes are capable of.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I know not of what you speak (upper atmosphere nuke detonations?)

Tell me more. (linkage)

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The U.S. Department of Energy maintains a Human Radiation Experiments homepage containing thousands of reports and declassified documents, including information on specific atmospheric nuclear tests in which Navy and Marine Corps, as well as civilian employees participated.
Atmospheric Nuclear Testing

This and other information have been mentioned on ATS prior. Do some digging and you will see this is not news in the slightest.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thank you. I'll check it out.

(I don't get the Roo's behind Uncle Sam

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The below info I figure is of historic value because of it's obvious signifigance. There is plenty of available sources and information on this subject. Not sure what is really in store, but what ever it is I bet it has more to do with getting safely past the Van Allen than anything else.

This is just a handful of the dates involved, others may be more current;

Jan. - Enrico Fermi and Neils Bohr meet to discuss possibilities of nuclear chain reaction

Aug. 2 - Einstein signs letter to President Roosevelt warning about atomic bombs

Dec. 6 - President Roosevelt approves program to develop atomic bomb

Dec. 2 - Nuclear reaction sustained in Enrico Fermi's atomic reactor at U of Chicago

Jan. 31 - U.S. Explorer I put into orbit - led to discovery of Van Allen radiation belts
Oct. 1 - National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) formed
White Sands Missile Range

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There must have been some major changes if the effects of all the Nuclear testing and the 2 bombs that were dropped affected the accuracy of carbon dating anything after the 1950's from now until whenever.

Ox

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When did the US become god? Did I fall asleep for a few thousand years and miss something? What gives the US the right to think they can affect the entire world? When is someone going stop this abomination?... So.. protecting low orbit satellites is more important than say.... The Human Race? ugh.. The United States is increasingly becoming the proverbial "Red headed step child" of the world..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join