It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain Radical Islam?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've researched radical Islam for about a year now, and I've come to the conclusion that those who want to murder, maim, and destroy western civilization are not being taken seriously by the western nations. this Is why I would like for a real Arab Muslim to explain to us "westerners" what exactly is it that makes people want to strap bombs to themselves or their children to inflict punishment to westerner's.

My opinion on the subject is that the Islamic nations Syria, Iran, Iraq, along with the rest of Islam in general has not "reformed" the Quaran, I mean the Bible and Christianity has been "reformed" so "nutters" no longer murder in the name of God.

Also if you look at Arabic history, specifically 800-900 years past, you see a steep decline in the scientific and engineering progress, and a steady route to wanting to destroy Christianity and Judaism. Also I'm well aware of the long simmering hatred of Jews in general, this is where I become conspiracy oriented, could it be possible that the Zionist conspiracy of Greater Israel purposely "planted" this hatred of Jews throughout the greater Arab World?

And look at the recent history of the middle east, if it was'nt for western nations developing the oil fields there, they'd more likely still be tribal nomads. Also Inbreeding, tribal warfare, conquering other non-Islamic states, ect, can someone
explain What the Heck happened to that part of the world? Why no Progress?

Also if you look at Modern Islamic culture, it's rife with "conspiracy nutters" even more so than western nations, especially the "Zionist Conspiracy" could this have been planted on them?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanterrible
And look at the recent history of the middle east, if it was'nt for western nations developing the oil fields there, they'd more likely still be tribal nomads. Also Inbreeding, tribal warfare, conquering other non-Islamic states, ect, can someone

Also if you look at Modern Islamic culture, it's rife with "conspiracy nutters" even more so than western nations, especially the "Zionist Conspiracy" could this have been planted on them?

Faith, please, for there is progress except for the entire Islamic world all at once. Reform is happening and it's name is Emaar: The world's biggest real estate company. If you would only look more closer at the Arabian Gulf than you would see that Dubai alone has one quarter of the world's cranes. The change going on over there is quite unprecedented and judging how the economies of Asia are going, oil prices aren't coming down anytime soon. Accordingly, the UAE's economy posted some 16% growth and the Egyptian economy is at last finally coming around.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
forgot to add the "hidden masonic hand" behind Zionism.

www.threeworldwars.com...

Readers who argue that the terms Nazism and Zionism were not known in 1871 should remember that the Illuminati invented both these movements. In addition, Communism as an ideology, and as a coined phrase, originates in France during the Revolution. In 1785, Restif coined the phrase four years before revolution broke out. Restif and Babeuf, in turn, were influenced by Rousseau - as was the most famous conspirator of them all, Adam Weishaupt.)

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

Since the terrorist attacks of Sept 11, 2001, world events, and in particular in the Middle East, show a growing unrest and instability between Modern Zionism and the Arabic World. This is completely in line with the call for a Third World War to be fought between the two, and their allies on both sides. This Third World War is still to come, and recent events show us that it is not far off

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by risitar

Faith, please, for there is progress except for the entire Islamic world all at once. Reform is happening and it's name is Emaar: The world's biggest real estate company. If you would only look more closer at the Arabian Gulf than you would see that Dubai alone has one quarter of the world's cranes. The change going on over there is quite unprecedented and judging how the economies of Asia are going, oil prices aren't coming down anytime soon. Accordingly, the UAE's economy posted some 16% growth and the Egyptian economy is at last finally coming around.

Yes I know but, what about RADICAL ISLAM? Why has'nt it been reformed? why are the innocent muslims not condemming the crazy jihadist?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yes I know but, what about RADICAL ISLAM? Why has'nt it been reformed? why are the innocent muslims not condemming the crazy jihadist?

They are, of course in a Christian-dominated country like the US driven by sensationalist news, the only time you will see a Muslim on television is if they are saying something crazy.

Here, I search Google for 'muslims denounce terror', here is what comes up, maybe it will help you see the reality of the situation...

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

They are, of course in a Christian-dominated country like the US driven by sensationalist news, the only time you will see a Muslim on television is if they are saying something crazy.

Here, I search Google for 'muslims denounce terror', here is what comes up, maybe it will help you see the reality of the situation...

www.google.com...

Yes that's true but, again I don't hear of the peace-loving muslims in Iran or Syria doing this, or are American's purposefully being denied this info? Look, It's clear to me radical Islam is a genuine threat, these crazies mean business, this is why I think the "controlled lamestream media" is convincing the sheeple that Islam is not peaceful, but is it really? I seriously have my doubts, I live in the U.S. and most muslims here are somewhat peaceful, but that's seems to be changing on a daily basis. The Quran does say Jews and Christians are worthy of being slaughtered (infidels) does it not? this is what I mean, the Quaran has to be "revised" just like the Bible, for Earth's sake!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I'm afraid all I have is good news in the creation of this second Europe however gruesome it was in getting there:

UAE ready to invest $100b in Iran:MP
Egypt might contribute to Lebanon force
Malaysia, one of few very successful developing nations
Sudan asks for Turkey's support in $5 bln agriculture investment

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yes that's true but, again I don't hear of the peace-loving muslims in Iran or Syria doing this, or are American's purposefully being denied this info?

Most of the people in Iran and Syria are being oppressed by their governments and are told that it is not the government who has caused their problems. There are lots of peaceful muslims in those countries that are hostage to their governments. Many of the lucky ones made it out and live in the US, maybe you can find one and talk to them yourself and see how peaceful they are.

Look, It's clear to me radical Islam is a genuine threat, these crazies mean business, this is why I think the "controlled lamestream media" is convincing the sheeple that Islam is not peaceful, but is it really?

The media focuses on sensationalist news and will only show the extremists because that's what gets the ratings.

I seriously have my doubts, I live in the U.S. and most muslims here are somewhat peaceful, but that's seems to be changing on a daily basis.

How so?

The Quran does say Jews and Christians are worthy of being slaughtered (infidels) does it not?

The Qur'an doesn't state anything like that. Can you find a quote where it says that? There is one copy of the Qur'an that somebody has revised in an attempt to demonize Islam. If you come across that, compare that to USC's website which has 3 different translations of the Qur'an: www.usc.edu...

You will find that people are trying to demonize Islam. The Qur'an is actually quite peaceful and only advocates violence as a last resort when people are being oppressed. It even states that Allah knows the people do not like violence but that sometimes it is necessary for them. It also states that Allah does not want his people to be the aggressors.

There are over a billion Muslims in the world and only a hundredth of a percent actually support terror. That should tell you what the average Muslim believes.

this is what I mean, the Quaran has to be "revised" just like the Bible, for Earth's sake!

That's actually why Muslims don't read the Bible, because they think it is not the true word of God anymore. They believe in the writings of Moses, David, Jesus, etc. etc., but do not believe the versions of those writings in the Bible are accurate.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Radical Islam and Islamo-fascist are concepts of Neo-Cons promoted and encouraged by most of those on Talk Radio. I know educated people who really believe that those concepts are true only because they listen to too much Talk Radio. Sometimes its just downright embarrassing to be part of the so-called human race.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Radical Islam - The effect of tightening the rag to tight around ones head and cutting off the blood supply to the brain. Usually followed by the need to go out and kill yourself and attempting to take as many innocent people with you, and then attempting to justify it.

Have you ever noticed that you don't see the leaders of these Islamic morons (the radicals) willing to strap a bomb to their sorry butts and die for the cause.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by simtek 22

Radical Islam - The effect of tightening the rag to tight around ones head and cutting off the blood supply to the brain. Usually followed by the need to go out and kill yourself and attempting to take as many innocent people with you, and then attempting to justify it.

Have you ever noticed that you don't see the leaders of these Islamic morons (the radicals) willing to strap a bomb to their sorry butts and die for the cause.

Simtek 22, I find your post offensive and insulting. There may be a place for this kind of display of ignorance and racial slurs but its not on ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It'll all solve itself in the end. I mean, it's not like the pot of lard at the end of the rainbow is worth it anyways as such they simply aren't missing out on much. We live in a world, believe it or not, in which China has gotten so past poverty that one in five is actually is overweight.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Radical Islam and Islamo-fascist are concepts of Neo-Cons promoted and encouraged by most of those on Talk Radio. I know educated people who really believe that those concepts are true only because they listen to too much Talk Radio. Sometimes its just downright embarrassing to be part of the so-called human race.

They are not concepts they are facts, however political correctness is part of the liberal agenda which attempts to dilute percise definitions for that which would be considered 'less offensive'. My point is that radical islam and islamo-fascists are entirely appropriate terms when it comes to describing terrorism which runs under islamic influences.... Whether you agree with their interpretations or not. As far as Radio shows go, I don't listen to them or care for them. I don't even like Hannity, but that does not stop me from realizing that there is indeed a strong movement in the Islamic world against Western culture.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Simtek 22, I find your post offensive and insulting. There may be a place for this kind of display of ignorance and racial slurs but its not on ATS.

Killing oneself over a religious reason seems pretty stupid to me.

I spent some time in Saudi Arabia and got to know a lot of Muslums. There is a clear difference to me between the two. Most of the Muslums I dealt with were nice folks, the ones I am referring to here (the radical convert or die element) can be insulted by my rant all they want, that's my intent. If the shoe fits......

[edit on 20-8-2006 by simtek 22]

[edit on 20-8-2006 by simtek 22]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I was not attempting to be insulting or offensive, the point I was going for was the fact that these radicals aren't exactly the cream of the human crop. Killing oneself over a religous reason seems pretty stupid to me. I guess I could have used better wording than that.

First of all, the Muslims beg to differ of who really is better henceforth a certain amount of pride in being apart of the gigantic Islamic religion.

Killing oneself over a religous reason seems pretty stupid to me.

It always was.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Killing oneself over a religious reason seems pretty stupid to me.

Really? Would you die for your country? Would you die for the United States of America?

Regarding the bombers in Israel you possibly don't know the history of Palestine. Those 'bombers' are doing exactly what you would do if Russia or China marched into your town and started telling you what to do.

Regarding Iraq, those 'bombers' are trying to get rid of the 'terrorist occupation force' that is in Iraq on behalf of Israel and the U.S. quest for oil.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Originally posted by laiguana

They are not concepts they are facts, however political correctness is part of the liberal agenda which attempts to dilute percise definitions for that which would be considered 'less offensive'. My point is that radical islam and islamo-fascists are entirely appropriate terms when it comes to describing terrorism which runs under islamic influences....

And how would you decribe the "Christian U.S. Army" occupation of Iraq on behalf of Israel? Friendly? An act of Brotherhood?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i'd describe US occupation of arab lands as a self serving act to gain wealth....

it's sad that it's a very economicly sound decision, but it's just a wrong decision

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i'd describe US occupation of arab lands as a self serving act to gain wealth....
it's sad that it's a very economicly sound decision, but it's just a wrong decision

I agree.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
some say that islam is having problems keeping up with modernity.

"There are others, however, who view modernity with suspicion, seeing it not only as a Western concept which threatens Muslim values, but also as a sinister attempt by Western powers to dilute and weaken Islam."
news.bbc.co.uk...

could it be that what you are seeing by radical islam is a response because of modernity ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join