It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aug 22 wierd stuff

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindlessinsanity
Has that letter been leaked to the public?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
not into time and all that but is there a time when the whole world is in the same date ? or is that impossible ?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Gold prices spiked big time today. Obstensibly due to oil fears and geopolitical issues (re: Iran's refusal of U.N. mandates).

Watch metal prices. When they go up, that typically means investors are fleeing to safety. When investors flee to safety, it means something is happening in the world that will likely affect the economy in a negative way. And typically that something is geopolitical in nature.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Gold prices have doubled since August 2001. We're at gold price levels that havent been seen since 1983 and the stockmarket crash.

15 mins out til August 22nd in Tehran. Are we to assume that the lights will come in the night time for the region? That would be in the next 6 hours til sun rise in the region, then obviously the few hours after sun set.

[edit on 21/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why are gold spikes important? What does it mean if they continue to rise?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV
Why are gold spikes important? What does it mean if they continue to rise?

A spike in gold prices typically proceeds a major crisis.

Gold is a safe investment; it's tangible, has true value. That's why there are some people who still bemoan the government from detaching the U.S. dollar from the gold standard -- i.e. when your dollar was actually backed by a certain, fixed amount of gold.

Economic/geopolitical watchers often track metal commodity prices -- especially gold -- for signs that there's a concensus of something bad happening (recessions, wars, etc.).

The overall rise in gold prices over the past year is more attributable to economic malise, fear of inflation and general slowdown in GDP growth than any hotbutton issue like Iran or Iraq. But given the sheer publicity Aug. 22 has been given, even in the mainstream media, I'm not surprised Gold spiked today, a hedge for the "just in case" scenario that Iran does something stupid and the nukes start flying.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's pretty safe to say that Gold started it's metoric rise starting from March 2003 (Iraq invasion) and has not looked back. I attribute the rise to a combination of both woeful economic management of the Bush administration coupled with geopolitical turmoil in the Middle East such as the Iraq invasion and subsequent quagmire for the US, Iran's nuclear confrontation, Israel's unilateral withdrawal from Gaza and Sharon's incapacitation. They are all no-brainers to see that they will have a prolonged effect on markets.

Also the price of oil has people in a panic. Every day that oil stays over $55/barrel it is harming economic development and growth in all industrialized economies. With predictions for oil reaching $100 should Iran shut the Straights of Hormmuz in retaliation of any UN sanctions our economies will nose-dive.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Originally posted by thesneakiod

The fact that his "prediction" has been on fox is a joke, just like the network itself.
He never predicted it, so stop talking rubbish.

Well you clearly didn't listen carefully enough.. or perhaps with 'selective hearing mode enabled'. I will transcribe some of the things Alex foretells regarding 9/11.. it's black and white:

1) Implicates Bin Laden = CIA "the boogie-man they need".
2) Globalists want to bring US down, using 'terrorism' as pretext to get it done.
3) 4 million will die, ushering in martial law. I think Alex is referring to their wider plan here, and ties in with this new statement regarding between now and October.
4) "..if any terrorism comes, we know who to blame"
5) "..we know the government is planning terrorism"
6) "..we know Oklahoma and WTC (1993) was terrorism"
7) "we know the Joint Chiefs of Staff want to blow up airliners"
8) "..if you do it, we're gonna blame you because we know who's up to it"
9) "..or if you let some terrorist group do it like the WTC (referring to '93 obviously) we know who to blame"

Is that 'real world' enough for ya?

[edit on 20-8-2006 by RiotComing]

Ok if we do all die tomorrow, Il come on to this thread and admit i was wrong

Seriously though i wasnt being disrespectacle to you, i dont like it when people on
this site say the world is gonna end with such conviction. I have a gorgeous little girl and i want to see her grow up.
see them grow up

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The end of the World is a bet melodramatic. I dont think any politician has that much religious conviction that he would be willing to sacrifice his own life for ideology. Anyone in the position to wield such power now would of forsaken their morals decades ago.

End of the World, definately not. Big false flag terrorist attack, probable.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This guy just never ceases to amaze me. Check his comments last week.

Following are excerpts from a speech delivered by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, which aired on Iranian News Channel (IRINN) on August 15, 2006:
[...]

If you want to have good relations with the Iranian people in the future, you should acknowledge the right and the might of the Iranian people, and you should bow and surrender to the might of the Iranian people. If you do not accept this, the Iranian people will force you to bow and surrender.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm new to this site and have to say that this is an interesting thread, a bit nieve though, I believe a lot is based on the fact that it is supposedly a meaningful date in the islamic calender and the date that Iran have said they will reply to the UN's offer/demands.....

However, I am watching CNN now and Iran do seem to be preparing for something, whether they are expecting America to attack (which would be stupid) or getting ready to attack Israel...

If America attack Iran it will be one massive mess!!!!! other nutters will start to get involved and it will escalate into a world war with the use of nuclear weapons, surely the US don't want this (unless of course they do have Star Wars up and running or that they are confident that the Iranians cannot reach their shores with their missiles)...

Anyway, here's to an anxious night!!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Chandra Levy coverage made us look the other way before 9/11. Is the JonBenet Ramsey coverage making us look the other way now?

The media seems very intent in covering every move of this case with all of the other events going on in the world.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by rockieboy]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockieboy
Chandra Levy coverage made us look the other way before 9/11. Is the JonBenet Ramsey coverage making us look the other way now?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

PARANOIA!!!!!!!!!!

NO NO NO NO NO

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayotollah Johnny
However, I am watching CNN now and Iran do seem to be preparing for something, whether they are expecting America to attack (which would be stupid) or getting ready to attack Israel...

Are you talking about the military excercise Iran is holding?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth

Originally posted by Ayotollah Johnny

Are you talking about the military excercise Iran is holding?

Yes,,,
they have already said that they want Israel wiped off the map, and they are unstable psychos so who knows what they might do and Bush is as nutty as them!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The End Is Near!

Or not.

I'm moving this thread to Other Current Events because:

1. I don't think we're really discussing prophecy now, and

2. This is now a genuine current event.

As always, if anyone disagrees with this move, please let me know (shoot me a U2U).

Meanwhile, I just want to add a gentle reminder:

Originally posted by SimonGray
1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

And...

Originally posted by SimonGray
2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Even if the world ends on 8/22, I predict that the T&C will be enforced, and on this, I know I'm not wrong.

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled apocalypse...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
I always like to compare days that come up of interest
www.answers.com...

Hmmmm.. weird.. :

1914 - World War I: In Belgium, British and German troops clash for the first time in the war.

# 1941 - World War II: German troops reach Leningrad, leading to the siege of Leningrad
# 1942 - World War II: Brazil declares war on the Axis powers (Germany, Italy and Japan)
# 1944 - World War II: Last transport of French Jews to concentration camps in Germany
# 1944 - World War II: Thirty-two Spaniards & four French Maquis tackle a German column (1,300 men in 60 lorries, with 6 tanks & 2 self-propelled guns), at La Madeiline, France. Three Maquis are wounded, with 110 Germans killed and 200 wounded.

World War I and World War II both were started on August 22!!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Okay, it's 01:10 am in the morning in Germany. I'm off to sleep. I'll be going to school when I wake up. And when I return, everything will still be fine. The whole day long. No nukes. No WW III. Nothing.

Let's do some meditation exercices, shall we? Peace shall be our mantra. If you're christian, jew or muslim, pray. I've been told that helps. We've just got to believe.

If it doesn't work, then at least we've witnessed a prophecy come true. Either way we'll have some reason to believe.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's 22/8 here in New Zealand. Other than waking up with a headache, and the fact that it is stormy and cold, I'm quite fine.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Another normal date that's been blown out of proportion. Give it a rest guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join