It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting theory - Evolution against humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is kind of just a stupid theory/question of mine, but does anyone think that there will ever be an animal that evolved for the specific purpose of killing humans? I mean, there are animals that specifically pray on certain types of animals, and seeing as how humans are a threat to most animals, it would make some sense. Most likely, the animal would have to be a lot smarter than us though...

Just an interesting thought!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
chupa cabras, dude. haven't you been watching sealab 2021?

i hope i live long enough to see someone genetically engineer treants...carnivorous, aggressive trees would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The only predators I can think of would probably come from another planet, ie a War of the Worlds type scenario, humanity doesn't give anything on Earth a chance to evolve really, in case you haven't noticed, we're kind of killing absolutely everything in the name of the economy.

Even if something dangerous did evolve, we would just build another weapon and GW would proclaim the War on Wildlife Terror.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Evolution is taking place much more rapidly than many appear to believe. You see. We earned our place on this planet by adapting to many microbes and cancer causing agents. Radiation is engineered perfectly for us now. Our thinning atmosphere causing cancer percentage to skyrocket due to high levels of radiation now in our ozone layer.

We are evolving through machines. And soon our organic components will merge with mechanical ones, creating a cyborg like race. Or perhaps, nuclear winter will drench the air and form new creatures evolving from the survivors and forming humans with dense molecular stucture and x-ray vision. It's not comic book tale, but If there are survivors from nuclear war then the evolved human 2.0's will treat the survivors like we treat the apes. We will be in slave camps like some sort of zoo. We will be observed by new humans and they will say they came from us, like we do of apes.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As we kill those animals that have a tendancy to eat us, it's not likely. Most of those animals that would hunt a man are old and feeble...not likely to reproduce, anyway.

You do have to worry (minimally)about another animal making us their food, but it's not likely to become consistant.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Animals only evolve to hunt a certainy type of prey in the absence of a varied selection. Hence the animals better suited to hunting the only animal around (by becoming faster, stronger whatever) survive and pass on their genes.

As humans are not the only prey of any creature it is unlikely there will ever be a product of evolution designed to specifically target us.

PLus as jlc said, we kill anything that poses a threat.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
oh, uh, yeah.

viruses, dude. bacteria. we are freakin easy prey for those little bastards.

at least until tarvacin is done being tested...then it's open season. i so can't wait until medical science cleans us from the food chain entirely.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Not just anything that poses a threat, but anything that is rumored to pose a threat. (Mob mentality.)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I think humans are still evolving. So, the worst thing we have to worry about is ourselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
I think humans are still evolving. So, the worst thing we have to worry about is ourselves.
We already have to worry about ourselves. *Leans agains a wall of the Angola Prison*.

Dae

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
viruses, dude. bacteria. we are freakin easy prey for those little bastards.

Bingo! Thats what I think too. I also think they are responsible for altering our personalities and moods. And if I push it further, viruses could be in complete control of us - perhaps the NWO people are just a specific strain of virus...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Not just anything that poses a threat, but anything that is rumored to pose a threat. (Mob mentality.)

In animals? Yeah, there's hunting, but we don't kill animals because they seem to pose a threat, otherwise there wouldn't be anymore bears, killer whales, sharks, lions, tigers, etc. etc. Our weapon was our mind and the ability to outsmart anything and adapt.

Those stupid little viruses....or would that be Viri?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
This is kind of just a stupid theory/question of mine, but does anyone think that there will ever be an animal that evolved for the specific purpose of killing humans? I mean, there are animals that specifically pray on certain types of animals, and seeing as how humans are a threat to most animals, it would make some sense. Most likely, the animal would have to be a lot smarter than us though...

Just an interesting thought!

Don't we already have enough human predators?

Seriously, predators include wolves, bears, tigers, lions, leopards (very efficient), hyenas, and jaguars -- the large meat eaters. We've moved ourselves so they can't attack us efficiently, though some still do.

Other types of predators include parasites and viruses.

Does the hunter need to be smarter than the prey? No. There's plenty of counterexamples -- anemones (which basically have no brain) prey on fish (with organized nervous systems and brains.)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
no..most virus and bacteria is not much of a threat at all people. This thread is backwards. Do you think it's plausible that we might be antibodies ourselves? . We are small and insignificant when compared to the size of a planet. The earth is an organism and we do nothing but infect it with high levels of Co2, Oil spills in the oceans, global warming and ruining the ozone layer. The sun is no longer sustaining our cells, it's killing them off shorter than their expected lifespan. We are the culprits of our doom.

We are advanced beings yes, and alternative medicine can cure much more than chemotherapy can. I know that colloidal silver is a bacteria serial killer, never failing and it's trying to be taken off the shelves of healthfood stores by FDA saying it's unhealthy. I also think certain cancers like hodgkins for example can be treated with intravenous vitamin C versus the chemo therapy. HIV can be isolated with Bio Electrification which is a process that emits electric pulses engineered to destroy the particular virus . Drink green tea everyday, you probably will never get a cold again.

[edit on 8/17/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
HG Wells biggest fear is Humankind become All Brain No Brawn Carnivore that armed with over the top Intelligence and Technology attempts genocide to the Humanity and Life on earth whilst do the math.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

Says it all in my sig.

I think we are heading for our own destruction.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I guess I'll bring the question of dominance to the table. The only way this could ever happen (even though in the wilderness there are species that will prey on us.) and the only way another species could become dominant over us is:

1. They develop some (maybe not equal but some) level of higher intelligence.

2. They can out do us in every single way physically. They must be superior to us in strength, stamina, agility, and stealth.

3. They would have to be bullet proof. Keep in mind we have depleted uranium rounds and elephant guns.

4. They would have to be able to overcome all our other nifty little gizmos some of which we don't even know exist.

Sorry but I don't think it could happen. The only way I would think we could be preyed (significantly) upon would be some sort of independence day scenario where an alien race finds us and invades. I'm sure there are some out there, not all alien races can be goody goodies or slave drivers. I'm sure there are I bet there are some extremely hostile races abroad. Some races that are merciless bloodthirsty killers (more so than us).

[edit on 29-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I thought that there was a theory stating that when an animal becomes a burden on its environment, something evolves to kill it. Anybody know the name of this or some examples?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
How about a Neanderthal-like Herbivore with Pitch Dark Skin and Hairy Body that Unintelligent but Physically, Psychically, and Biologically Superior to humans slaughters Humanity to extinction in blink of eye by nothing but Brute Strength, Agility, Savagery, and Psychic Powers and to make thing worse it has All known Fighting Style and have unparalleled Martial Arts Skills.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Vampires, of course. They're not humans affected by some virus, they're a different species that evolved to mimic humans in order to get close enough to suck human blood.

(jk
)

top topics

join