It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling Of Muslims

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I am certain this will cause numerous problems with the various non-whit communities in the UK. I expect tension will increase with the communities, and if there are further cases, I expect riots.

And that is what sets up these second geneation western living muslims to side with the lunatics and extremists. They are told by the majority society to assimilate and drop being muslims, this pushes them to react in an extreme way. Witness that in france, muslims rioted en mass, in england, its british born muslims that carry out the attacks, but in the US, the muslims, both recent immigrants and second generation, didn't carry out the 911 attacks, they had to literally be imported from the other side of the world, to find muslims willing to kill americans. THats because we don't bother with nutty wastes of times like racial profiling at airports, or require 'loyalty tests' on a daily basis from the americans that happen to be muslim.

That isn't saying it excuses the native born terrorists, they should simply be shot once caught, but common sense dictates that if you treat a people poorly, they're going to resent it, to various degrees.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree, Marg..and those who really know me know i'm compasionate to a degree.
I lose it when my 80 year old mother gets the third degree at the airport. I go bonkers. Its not fair. I havent heard of an 80 year old bomber yet, and it makes her blood pressure rise (another sign someone's up to no good) and by the time the poor woman gets where she's going she's nauseaus and very upset. :shk:

That's why i say, for heavens sakes, check those who fit the profile, but leave the rest of us alone. Its not as if its true, that muslims want to blow us up, anyway.

There's a couple of stories by other posters here that reassure us that this is just BS.
The cellular phones a few days ago....FALSE

The plot to bomb 10 airplanes mid air- the accused didnt even have passports

If you look at the whole picture, it just makes you gag.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A Muslim person is a person who follows the Islamic religion, it is not a race. There could be white Muslims, as well as black (Malcolm X for example) and of any other race or nationality.

I think it is RETARTED to search the browns that go to the airport, and not someone else (the majority at least). ANYONE FROM ANY RACE OR NATIONALITY can be a potential threat to security. It is unfair to racially profile, it can end up creating hate from one race to another, and vice versa. It is just stupid.

Forget it. I agree with people that posted earlier, this is turning, has turned actually, racist and retarted. I won't go on with this BS.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
WHAT does a Muslim LOOK LIKE?!?!?!?

Let's start with the OBVIOUS:

1. Human Being
2. that about wraps it up.

For crying out loud people, Islam is a RELIGION NOT a RACE, just like Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism, and any other "ism, "ish" or "ist"! HOW do you "racially profile for a RELIGION?!?!?

Sheesh!

Springer...

Edit to remove "behavioral profiling" after learning new info.

[edit on 8-16-2006 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I would go for racail profiling if all the terrorist attack wernt government this just another way for the government to get more security in America.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I cant see the muslim community being happy with this this seems like racism at its highest.

Who cares? They can do something about and always could but they choose not to.
Is this the way things need to go in order for everyone to feel safe?

Im all for makiing it safe and performing the neccasary checks but if this comes into action i can see relations between ourselves and Muslims getting out of hand

What color is the fricken sky in your world? We are at war with them. They started it along time ago with their "holy war" junk. Did you not notice the latest attempt at blowing up thousands of civilians?

It's only common sense. Why question an old bhudist lady and allow the young muslim to go through unquestioned? That's stupid.

Do I feel all warm and fuzzy for my beliefs? NO but that doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
Why question an old bhudist lady and allow the young muslim to go through unquestioned?

Maybe because there is no way to tell whether they are muslim or other. If you are declaring war against arabic and brown skinned people then be my guest, just dont be surprised when people call you racist.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Maybe because there is no way to tell whether they are muslim or other. If you are declaring war against arabic and brown skinned people then be my guest, just dont be surprised when people call you racist.

Brown skinned people? Huh? Now you're reaching. There's a very good chance that a bhudist is darker than an arab or any muslim in general. Maybe I should've used black? Maybe you're not in touch with your latent feelings?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Maybe I should educate you on the murders committed on black Africans by muslims in Africa?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Which side is the racist? Please tell me. I'm very interested.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
One side also want's to wipe the Earth clean of every Jew on the Earth. Again, who's the racist?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Maybe I should educate you on the murders committed on black Africans by muslims in Africa?

You mean the murders committed by black Africans on other black Africans? If you are speaking of the Sudan, then you should note that the same regime killing black Christians & animists in the south were also massacaring black Muslims in Darfur.

Maybe after you get done ranting about Muslim extremists, we can start talking about other extremist groups we should consider profiling for, like the Christian Lord's Resistance Army in Africa because of their "widespread human rights violations, including mutilation, torture, rape, the abduction of civilians, the use of child soldiers and a number of massacres."

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
notbuyinit I cannot see how you can say the things you JUST said but still think we can racially profile and have it work. You say racially profile muslims...BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE MUSLIMS?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He can say it because he has no idea what he's talking about. I've noticed that - it gets easier to say really nonsensical things when you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Didn't read the thread, but I'll respond to the topic...

I'm all for it. I bet if you could take a census of terrorists out to harm America, 98% would look like the stereotypical middle eastern man.

Profiling? Sure is.

Kind of like making a curfew for everyone when a couple of people are out vandalizing every night.

A small group of people can ruin it for everyone.

Whatever it takes to make this country safe. If you have nothing to hide, suck it up, get probed, and move on with your life.

Edit: Upon skimming, I see this turned into a "how do you identify a muslim?" debate. I think in today's society, muslim has become synonymous with arab. It's a fallacy, but thats the way it is.

[edit on 8-16-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
cutwolf and dg are these really your beliefs? Are you being serious? Im not asking this to act as an attack I simply dont believe what Im reading.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You mean the murders committed by black Africans on other black Africans.

You wish.

Maybe after you get done ranting about the Sudan, we can start talking about the Christian Lord's Resistance Army in Africa and their "widespread human rights violations, including mutilation, torture, rape, the abduction of civilians, the use of child soldiers and a number of massacres."

en.wikipedia.org...

Hang 'em. That's my belief. If they are attacking civilians for terroristic reasons, Then hang 'em. Not that wiki is a reliable source BTW LOL.

Could you help me please? I'm trying to look up hezzbolah, I get nothing. That's kind of odd but maybe you could help me look up hezzbolah on wiki??

What does the world of Islam have to say about the hundreds murdered and attempted murdered daily?

Keep in mind, you're the one that brought up race. Got a problem with black folks or what? Most black folks I meet are hard working, decent folks, even the few I've met from Africa. What's your problem? Maybe you don't have one? Maybe you just prefer to feel all warm and fuzzy inside no matter what?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
wow notbuyinit, just wow. You do understand the way to racially profile some one is based on RACE right? You cant religiously profile some one because you would have to ask them what their religion was, and they could just say "Im jewish" or "Im christian" rather then muslim and they are off the hook. How do you not get this??

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Profile muslims. Sure, just like we here in the UK profiled the Irish during the terrorist out rages they commited.

Sure as eggs stopped alot of damage being done as it stopped alot of them dead in their tracks.

They didn't like it, they moaned, sure they did, but their terror got stopped.

if the Muslims don't like it, then they should help stop the terror - OR, be tarred with the sympathisers brush and double checked at airports.

They chose to stand with the camp that flew planes into buildings and uses women and children as suicide bombers. So profile them - and when you catch some more of these people trying to commit murder, stand on the ramparts and shout -

"TOLD YOU SO!"

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
He can say it because he has no idea what he's talking about. I've noticed that - it gets easier to say really nonsensical things when you don't know what you're talking about.

Just for you I'm gonna expand.

When was the last time an Isreali plane was bombed or used in a terroist attack? Sorry I lied. I didn't expand at all or did I? But why wouldn't the biggest target in the skies be bombed? They fly over muslims for gods sake!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join