It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling Of Muslims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
use ur brain cells

Thanks bodrul, for those kind words.

Threads like like this are very good and an eye opening as to how our country has been so well brainwashed as who to hate and be confuse about it also.

Is just very amuzing reading some of these post. . .

Amuzing.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Okay,
If members of the klan were hijacking planes and flying them into federal buildings, would it be appropriate to profile white males in the same way as we are profiling arabs? Do you think it would be as tolerated?

YES! It would absolutely be tolerated. And I can guaren-damn-tee you that white people would publicly condemn the KKK at every turn, as they already do. The one and -only- allowance Americans have made for the KKK is to allow them the same Freedoms enjoyed by everyone else: the right to assemble, and the right to free speech.

And I can tell you right now, if some blond-haired, blue-eyed, white man in a nazi uniform or a KKK hood showed up at an airport, he would be IMMEDIATELY profiled, strip-searched, and probably denied admission to the plane without far far more intimidation and removal of the offending garments.

And furthermore, I can tell you that me and everyone else in line wouldn't bat an eyelash except in possible disgust at the nazi/KKK member being led away.

Finally, in yet a different scenario, if some obscure extremist tribe of Native Americans suddenly went on a decade-long spree of suicide bombings and plane hijackings and slammed them into the White House, then you can bet your arse that someone named "Douglas Whitecloud" would be profiled and screened more thoroughly than Cho Chang, or Maria Lopez, Lenny Steinberg, or Vijay Patel, until someone learned the differences of how to tell one Native American tribe from the others.

Who murdered a series of young men then ate their corpses?
Who raped and strangled at least a dozen young women in Boston?
A middle aged white man
Who skinned local women and wore thier skin as a suit?
A middle aged white man
Who shot dozens of people and gave notes to the police identifying him as the Zodiac killer
A middle aged white man.
The list goes on and on.

Okay, we get it. White people love themselves some killin', canibalism, an human-skin wearin'. Thing is, IT'S REALLY HARD TO DO ALL THAT ON A PLANE. It takes time to properly skin and cure your prey and even longer to harvest and cook the meat. By that time, I'm pretty sure the rest of the passengers on the plane would have responded in a negative fashion, and beside that, it's a whole lot of effort to kill someone and then rape them or carry off their body. Most whites are too lazy to go to all this trouble, which is why THESE INCIDENTS ONLY OCCUR ONCE EVERY HALF-DOZEN YEARS OR SO.

So, yeah, next time I read in the news that some crazy mofo cut the face off of a child and ran up and down the street singing about eating babies, then, yeah I'm going to assume it was a white guy. Maybe that's not a FAIR assumption, but it certainly has historical data to back it up.

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think the point Rasobasi420 and the others are trying to make is... Should a whole group be treated a certain way because of the actions of some of the people in that group?

No, absolutely not.

But when a crime itself has become rampant (not just an occasional risk, but an active, rampant threat), and that crime is committed almost exclusively by one age and ethnicity, then I see absolutely nothing wrong with paying a little closer attention to people who fit that profile at security checkpoints.

It doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking to anyone who is a member of that ethnicity, or stop doing business with them, or stop giving them any less degree of common courtesy than I would give anyone else.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, I think if your intention is to persecute Muslims for their religion, you should definitely start a petition to have them branded and demand your government search their houses on a regular basis - without warrant or notice.

Until we get to your planet, I think we ought to approach public air transportation like we are - using the most objective criteria that minimizes the impact to the majority of travelers, and treats all people - even the ones that get a check in a box - with the most respect we can afford.

Maybe Utopia exists some where - it's not here.
There is no Utopia, but there never has been. On my planet, Vall, things are a lot smoother. If Hispanics were terrorists, i'd go thru with your and the governments plans happily. After all, my own people are suspect and now, through no fault of my own, i must pay.
Since Muslims are the suspects, THEY imo, are the ones who should be put out, cross examined, etc.
I think they should all be branded. Yes. Its a rough world, planet Earth. Let them go thru the BS.
I want to be left alone.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Well if were going to use racial profiling in the UK to help stop terrorism, I want all Irish people checked after all there is still a small group of people who would like to bring the IRA back. I would also like all Americans checked and any other nation that supported the IRA and other terrorists. OH i know why not just search people, regardless of race or colour, it would make things so much safer.

And no this isn't a Anti US or Anti Ireland post, i was just making a point.
I totally agree. If i were in England, and they wanted to take DNA samples of me, i'd cooperate and be happy. I can understand your point about the Irish as well.

As long as i live in the United States, i'd expect MY people not to profile me. Let another nation do it. After all....look at us.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I wonder how many people on this thread have actually been stopped and harrassed due to racial profiling. Does anyone know how humiliating it is to be judged based on skin color or clothing?

Edit:
Just because most terrorists are 20 something Muslims, doesn't mean most 20 something Muslims are terrorists. As a matter of fact, I'm sure the number is a small percent, just a very vocal one. Once again I pont out that by the very same logic, I can assume all white people are klansmen until I search them, or interrogate them, and find otherwise.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Rasobasi420]
Absolutely correct- HOWEVER....they are the ones under the microscope, unfortunatedly. I like Muslims. As i said, i have them in my family. My cousins are married to Arabians and they are the most wonderful people i know- BUT...according to our president & Co. they are out to get us. "They" to me, means all, or most. So, check them and leave the rest alone.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

again i say this muslims are from all ethical backgrounds.
using this racial profiling wouldnt do jack all since you can get a white convert to islam who has chosen the radical path and do a terror attack.

use ur brain cells
Just how many muslim whites have done terrorist attacks in Europe or NA?

Im sure you'd change your mind if one of your close family was killed in an attack due to the authorities refusing to search an arab for PC reasons and instead chose to search a 60 year old white woman in order to keep their quota up.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Just how many muslim whites have done terrorist attacks in Europe or NA?

Im sure you'd change your mind if one of your close family was killed in an attack due to the authorities refusing to search an arab for PC reasons and instead chose to search a 60 year old white woman in order to keep their quota up.

lets see 1 was black the other 3 were pakistanias

dont bring im sure youd change your mind BS into this as it has nothing to do with eqation, did i say they shouldnt search asians/arabs or did i say racial profiling would do jack all since not all arabs are muslim,

forget it this topic is just full of pur racist and ignorance
i bid farewell

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I can do nothing but shake my head at the stupidity of racial profiling. I cannot understand why people think a white, black, or some other race, won't do the same terror attacks. Now even though I think the whole terrorist threat is completely exaggerated and I have my personal opinions, you do remember what race the people planning to blow up the sears towers in florida were right? Black. They were arabic or something, they were 6 black men. The stupidity just never stops.

First you will say "well we should racially profile arabic looking people...its probably better" then it will be "its not enough, I think we need to stop allowing arabic looking people on airplanes and buses." because lets face it, it won't be enough...YOU STILL won't feel safe. then after that you will eventually say "maybe we should start 'containing' them because they are still a possible threat" because we know all white people are redneck racists that would love to see 'minorities' contained.
hell maybe you even get to the point of killing them, because white people tend to be nazis right.
I mean, hell, Ive heard that phrase "not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are muslim" well "not all white people are racists, but all racists are white people"
believe me, its just as inaccurate when you actually use your brain and think about it.

Then again this is the US of A and it seems that we love enemies. I mean that literally. How so? Well where there is an enemy, there is a war to fight them. USA will always have some common threat or common enemy, because that means there is a war to fight. And where there is a war, there is a large profit to be made. Connect the dots. Last week it was communists, this week its terrorist/muslims/arabic people, whats next week guys, drug users lol....O wait, we already used that one. So what will be the threat next week? Im eager to know what threat the american people will fall for next. Long as theres a profit whats some death and violence here and there. Sometimes I wonder how america has managed to last this long with so many gullible people in the population.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Grimreaper,

I know they come in all colors, nationalities, sizes, sexes....So i say anyone of the Muslim faith should be made to "register" much like sexual offenders do. This way, the airline industry would know who's about to fly and who they should concentrate on. Or have them "branded" so we know who's who.

I know its drastic, non-PC, unAmerican, bla bla bla....but since we MUST fear them, then lets do it right. huh?

[edit on 16-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Also, Id like to know why mexicans and puerto ricans refer to themselves as "Latinos' since its their native side they are proud of and not the european and hence "latin" ancestry?

Obviously you have not taken the time to see from where the Latino came from is actually from the romance languages and Latin was the language from were Spanish was born.

Latino is actually a language base and people that speak Spanish.

Latin America is mostly from where Spanish is mostly spoken.

But many groups claim Latino as a race on its own looking for identity and completely has change the meaning of the word.

I know my roots and I know my heritage and I can tell you this much We latinos are not a race but a mix of many I am proud of it too.

So I careless about some spanish speaking groups wanting to make it into a racist issue, because I know my history.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by marg6043]

Ok, thanks for the clarification
, I was aware that french, spanish and Italian are all latin root languages. I wasnt aware there was a latino language.

yup latinos are a mixed group...just as creaoles are a mix of spanish, french, carribean and african.

I dont think many european americans realise we are related to Latinos through our european roots. I think the same works both ways sometimes. we are more alike than we are different

Im glad I talked to someone educated on the matter though.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Okay,
If members of the klan were hijacking planes and flying them into federal buildings, would it be appropriate to profile white males in the same way as we are profiling arabs? Do you think it would be as tolerated?

unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, the Klan Yahoos aren't blowing planes out of the sky, blowing up restaurants or other places full of innocent civilians. It is, most unfortunately, male muslims.

Is there an easy way out of this? No, not even close. We (all of us on this planet) are human and given to our quirks, foibles, and cultural conditioning. People, naturally, tend to become lynch mobs. This profiling is the "civilized" presentation of the lynch mob mentality.

I don't see any way out of it for the time being, and thank the Good Lord (a figure of speech here), it is not part of my life to come up with an alternate method. Because, frankly, I don't believe there is an alternate when given all the considerations.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
well in israel they profile EVERYONE!!! i think that it should be more along them lines. with blacks and muslim "looking" people a lil more so, only because alot of people forget how many black muslims there are

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Grimreaper,

I know they come in all colors, nationalities, sizes, sexes....So i say anyone of the Muslim faith should be made to "register" much like sexual offenders do. This way, the airline industry would know who's about to fly and who they should concentrate on. Or have them "branded" so we know who's who.

I know its drastic, non-PC, unAmerican, bla bla bla....but since we MUST fear them, then lets do it right. huh?

so can i expect me and my family rounded up anytime soon and put into gas chambers?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Bodrul,

Not at all. I pray not. What i would expect is that every Muslim be identified. I want the heat off me, i'm not a Muslim. You're a good Muslim, i assume, so nothing to fear. You will be cleared as a good Muslim.

Our president is hell bent on finding them terrists, and according to him, radical Muslims want to kill us. You only would have to prove you dont want to kill us.
Good luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I know its drastic, non-PC, American, bla bla bla....but since we MUST fear them, then lets do it right. huh?

Dg you got me there, you know exactly the point been geared to the issue here.

Fear . . .

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Bodrul,

Not at all. I pray not. What i would expect is that every Muslim be identified. I want the heat off me, i'm not a Muslim. You're a good Muslim, i assume, so nothing to fear. You will be cleared as a good Muslim.

Our president is hell bent on finding them terrists, and according to him, radical Muslims want to kill us. You only would have to prove you dont want to kill us.
Good luck.

why would i want to prove my self?
why should i have to prove that i dont want to cause any harm.
i dont care what your country thinks of me nor do i care what you think of me (aslong as the people i know, know what i am capible of i am happy)

if this is the case i want every bishop or what every they are called to prove that they wont mollest kids

i want every white person to prove that they arent racists and dont want to clense the planet of us,

list can go on

your president is hell bent on finding these radicals, well it would help if you stoped funding these radicals for your bennifits and then lose control of them.
it would help if your country didnt create thousends of fantaics by destroying millions of lives by killing countless thousends just so you can get cheap gas for your monster of cars.

it would also help if your country wasnt so double standerd with people in the middle east by arming one and attacking another.

sorry but this topic is JUST BS and to get heat of you by identifying every muslim just start handing out the yellow ribbens (and let the new holcast begin)

[edit on 16-8-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
And how do they tell if someone is a young Muslim? His skin color? Skin color doesn’t determine religion, affiliation, or intent.
This is racism. Racial profiling is racism period.

This is also a free pass to everyone else who want to transport drugs bombs or whatever if they are not brown in color.

Racisim for convienience. Briliant.
For all those in favor. Wait ‘till it is your day to be singled out just because of the color of your skin. This is sick.

Yawn! It isn't racism at all. It's called logic. You have to put your liberal views aside.

Here is an example, let's say the police are looking for drive-by suspects driving "white" cars. Now do the police stop brown, black, yellow, green and pink cars at a checkpoint or just the white cars?

I have no problem if the police were looking for a serial killer and stopped me to ask some questions. I fit the description of a serial killer by being a white male in his mid-30's. Do I start crying racism? No, because I am intelligent enough to realize what is going on around me.

If the airport was targeting white people only nobody would be whining at all. Why is that? If they were targeting Mormons nobody would be whining either.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I know they come in all colors, nationalities, sizes, sexes....So i say anyone of the Muslim faith should be made to "register" much like sexual offenders do.

I know, stamp their passports with a big J.. I mean M.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler
Yawn! It isn't racism at all. It's called logic. You have to put your liberal views aside.

Here is an example, let's say the police are looking for drive-by suspects driving "white" cars. Now do the police stop brown, black, yellow, green and pink cars at a checkpoint or just the white cars?

I have no problem if the police were looking for a serial killer and stopped me to ask some questions. I fit the description of a serial killer by being a white male in his mid-30's. Do I start crying racism? No, because I am intelligent enough to realize what is going on around me.

If the airport was targeting white people only nobody would be whining at all. Why is that? If they were targeting Mormons nobody would be whining either.

You can't tell the difference with that super logic of yours?
If you fit the description of a suspect and you get pulled over, sure that makes sense.
But in this scenario there is no suspect. It is just picking out men with brown skin to be searched. There is no suspect here, only assumption that Muslims are terrorists. It would be different if airport security was warned to look out for so-and-so who is traveling alone, has beard, dark skin, and a long coat.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

lets see 1 was black the other 3 were pakistanias

dont bring im sure youd change your mind BS into this as it has nothing to do with eqation, did i say they shouldnt search asians/arabs or did i say racial profiling would do jack all since not all arabs are muslim,

forget it this topic is just full of pur racist and ignorance
i bid farewell

So blacks and Pakistanis are whites now?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join