It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

God also woman?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
God and Woman

In Genesis 1:27 the Bible says: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Thus, every person on earth is initially made in the image of God, because all are descended from Adam and Eve.

However hard I try, I cannot help but to imagine God as a kind of Patriarch figure, long white beard, a bit more severe looking than Father Christmas; all I see is his bust coming out of some white clouds.
But my imagination must be wrong on many counts because:

Physical aspect
Since the world population consists of at least 50% women, did God have multiple genitalia?

Psychological aspect
Women and men are quite different in their attitude to life, where is God’s female psychology described or emphasized in the Bible?


What do you think?



[edit on 12-8-2006 by Osbert]

[edit on 12-8-2006 by kinglizard]




posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Mary, the Great Mother-of-GOD.....she has the total Fe-Male of GOD and we all do in/with Her ! as well as the Male !


LOLove n Luck etc... Ave Maria !

[don't agree with all the stuff in this site but he does make some great points ]

www.maryisgod.org...

www.scborromeo.org...



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The word used in Genesis, "image" does not imply nor mean an exact duplicate, like a Xerox copy.

The meaning of "image" implies that we, like God, have the ability for rational thought, reasoning, we have morals. In other words we are a finite reflection of God but not in the sense of physicality as God has no body for He is Spirit.

God is spoken of in terms of both male and female yet He is neither. We use anthropomorphic language to describe God, His nature and attributes.



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I also don't believe that the "image" of God means that we physically look like God. I believe that our souls are made in God's image. I can't imagine God having any gender.

That's my opinion anyways.



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
God loves male and female alike. God is male but believe me (I love women immensely), there is no shortage of love for women!!!



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
God and Woman

In Genesis 1:27 the Bible says: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Thus, every person on earth is initially made in the image of God, because all are descended from Adam and Eve.

However hard I try, I cannot help but to imagine God as a kind of Patriarch figure, long white beard, a bit more severe looking than Father Christmas; all I see is his bust coming out of some white clouds.
But my imagination must be wrong on many counts because:

Physical aspect
Since the world population consists of at least 50% women, did God have multiple genitalia?

Psychological aspect
Women and men are quite different in their attitude to life, where is God’s female psychology described or emphasized in the Bible?


It is on its way. To Earth. As we speak. That's a good thing that you've said.

The image is a reflection. A likeness of that is a shadow.

But the reflection is not of anything tangible, it is MIND.

And the roles of men and women, together, in the ideal roles as partners and parents....well that is the complete perfection of God!

So many want to say that to say the Mother Earth is our mother is IDOLATRY.

No--worshipping the creation over the Creator (loving the material more than the non-material which is energy such as LOVE and ANGER, etc) that is idolatry.

BUT we are to honor our mother AND our father! Honor is not worship. It is 'to care for' and 'respect.'



Get it?



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They're all wrong. God is a balding guy in a white robe and a long beard. He drinks beer, smokes weed, and likes to see things go boom.

Personally, I worship the flying spaghetti monster.



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents. IMO,god is neither male/female. To try to portray god as a physical being is futile. I guess the way i see it is,god is everything,and everywhere. Ever stare at the ocean and get that feeling of peace,and amzement,that sudden realization that you are but a speck in the infinteness of this universe? That is god. The electo-magnetic bonds that hold everything together is god. I guess,a way to explain would be that singular feeling one gets while meditating. The feeling you get only after you clear your mind,and notice how cluttered your mind really is. That wholeness,that feeling of peace and understanding you get from meditation.

This was more difficult to get across than i originally thought
. I hope this somewhat makes sense to you who read it,because like i said earlier its a difficult thing to try to get across.



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a transexual hermaphrodite



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
This was more difficult to get across than i originally thought
. I hope this somewhat makes sense to you who read it,because like i said earlier its a difficult thing to try to get across.


No I understand. God is ENERGY. Or something. I know that beauty in the Earth...that is God's wife (Mother Earth is our Mother) and her beauty is the complement to the Father (which is Spirit(love) and Truth) and the glory of the Father.

I see the Father Mother thing in those terms because the spirit is the seed (sperm) to the flesh which is the land (egg). It is like the 'donate' and 'receive' balance thing...or the only manner in which one can stack magnetized bars:

+ -
- +
+ -

etc...

I know that wasn't a good detail. Maybe you'll understand because I think I understood you.



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
...you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, and neither do I for that matter.

God isn't impregnating the Earth with his cosmic sperm of holyness. If that's what it call comes down to, then life just isn't worth living.



posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
lol ^
How do you know? Maybe that's what shooting stars are huh? Ever thought about that!?



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
....God fires his galactic warriors from a cosmic cannon?!

Oh my.



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA
The word used in Genesis, "image" does not imply nor mean an exact duplicate, like a Xerox copy.

The meaning of "image" implies that we, like God, have the ability for rational thought, reasoning, we have morals. In other words we are a finite reflection of God but not in the sense of physicality as God has no body for He is Spirit.

God is spoken of in terms of both male and female yet He is neither. We use anthropomorphic language to describe God, His nature and attributes.


Isn't it funny how sometimes you have to understand the Bible literally and other times you have to read between the lines...One wonders why the word "spirit" was not used instead of "image"

Infact , the word used in the original Bible language (Aramaic) to name God in Genesis is: Elohim.
The early Hebrew name.. Elohim, is the combination of the word Eloh, a goddess, and Im, the masculine plural Hebrew suffix.... And so an accurate translation of "Elohim" is not "God" but rather "the Deities" or "the Pantheon." One wonders when the official translators will have the honesty, or perhaps the courage, to translate this word correctly?



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan

That wholeness,that feeling of peace and understanding you get from meditation.

This was more difficult to get across than i originally thought
. I hope this somewhat makes sense to you who read it,because like i said earlier its a difficult thing to try to get across.



Akraites was talking about weed, have you been smoking "funny substances" man?



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I get what you're sayig queenannie. I feel better knowing at least 1 person understood what i was gettin across.



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osbert
God and Woman

In Genesis 1:27 the Bible says: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."


I've read many versions of Genisis, and have been exposed to the idea that the original translation was a plural "Elohem" (varient spelling exist), so the above quote would read more like "So they created man in their own image".


Physical aspect
Since the world population consists of at least 50% women, did God have multiple genitalia?


I really don't make it a point to try to imagine God with a penis or vagina. Perhaps many may think i am way off, but I'd like to offer a point of view i have in a question for your personal reflection .....

How dissapointed would you be in a universe that is dated conservatively by scientific measure as being 18,000,000,000 years old that has to date not produced any intelligent life that has visited our planet, considering mankind has only existed for approximately 1/9,000th of the age of the universe?

I know many scoff at the idea, but perhaps our pro-genetors that preceeded us would resemble us if indeed we were created in thier image.



Psychological aspect
Women and men are quite different in their attitude to life, where is God’s female psychology described or emphasized in the Bible?


If you were a male God, would you create the male gender first? Would you long for the companionship of another male? Sounds a bit gay to me. Not that i find error with being homosexual. However, let me add: i am hederosexual.



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
I get what you're sayig queenannie. I feel better knowing at least 1 person understood what i was gettin across.


I was only joking when I mentioned weed, please don't take offence..



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Esoteric teacher

With the Elohim bit you are repeating what I said about three posts above...

The rest of your comments are too deep for me, are you saying we should look like monkeys?

What are you talking about gays for? Did anybody mention gays?
Hello, is there anybody there?
It was you on the weed, not Spanishcaravan.

Truly I cannot fathom what you are saying, is there some other way perhaps to tell it without mentioning 18.000.000.000. or 1/9000, please make allowances for my ignorance.



posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Maria/Jesus have the best sense of Humor [as this Thread shows] Jesus/Maria also have the best sex too and we all are parts of that... so enjoy Galore ! ... Infinity

Lolove n luck n good sex/emotions/passion/humor/health... Ave Maria ! the best part !

Holy Dora Dyke, Robin !



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join