It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God also woman?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindtrip02
and how are they different. they are both the god of abraham, correct?

please tell me how they differ.

im out
-mindtrip02

No, they aren't. The Jewish God is a God of war. Jesus's God was a God of peace. Abraham's God nuked 2 cities and flooded the world. Jesus's God just hangs back.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
There's no point in talking about elohim unless you're Jewish. The Jewish God and Jesus's God are completely different.

I disagree with this statement. God is God. Jesus said, " I did not come here to change the law but to ful fill it." Gods law exsist no matter who you are. People may want to be careful there. All Jesus did was become the scarfice for the gentiles the commandments are the same in both testaments.

God is a spirit not flesh this flesh is for us thats all.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Shar]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindtrip02
and how are they different. they are both the god of abraham, correct?

please tell me how they differ.

im out
-mindtrip02

No, they aren't. The Jewish God is a God of war. Jesus's God was a God of peace. Abraham's God nuked 2 cities and flooded the world. Jesus's God just hangs back.

the christian god and jewish is both the god of abraham ( look it up) . christianity is derived from judeism.
the god of war and the god of peace that you are referring to is not correct either.
the difference between between a scornful god and a god of peace is between the new and old testament.
example - the old testament says " and eye for an eye"
the new testament says " turn the other cheek"

the people of the god of abraham had never had teacher like jesus. he taught to love one another. no where in judeism does it say to hate one another and wage war with eachother. jesus came back to give people another chance.
en.wikipedia.org...
im out
-mindtrip02

[edit on 15-8-2006 by mindtrip02]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by mindtrip02]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wasn't referring to what the religions taught, but what their Gods did according to them. There is a huge difference between what Jesus's version of God and the typical Judaic God. Read the bible like a science fiction novel and you'll notice a complete and utter change of character on God's part.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
ive noticed that there is a big difference between the bible in the old testament and god in the new testament.
i think what you mean ( and correct me if im wrong) is in the OT there is alot of scorn towards the people and "obey me or else" type of teaching.
and in the NT there is alot of " love thy neighbor" teaching.
i guess that is why god sent jesus here. to teach us a new way of living, to get along and love eachother the way that god loves us.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It wouldn't make any sense if God tried to teach us to love each other after having killed so many of us for so long. It makes more sense to me if they worshipped something completely different from the God Jesus tried to tell people about. If anything, in the old testament God was "the bad guy". Do as I say or I'll kill you, your mother, your father, your children, and then I'll devastate your land and your neighbors land for the next 30 years. In the OT, God hates homosexuals and blows the crap outta 2 cities. In the NT, God tells us to love everyone. There's a distinct difference between the two.

I believe the God of the OT was something more substantial and the God of the NT was more of an ideal. In the OT, everyone saw angels all the damn time and God did stuff and let people know it was him. In the NT, everything just kinda disappeared and became...secretive or something. Makes you wonder if the Hebrews were actually worshipping God or if they were doing what the Mayans did for the Spaniards.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Akraites]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
as you said "Makes you wonder if the Hebrews were actually worshipping God or if they were doing what the Mayans did for the Spaniards. "

and what exactly did they do?

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
People, people-------God has not changed please dont think he has. Jesus evens tell us it straight is the way that leads to life and broad is the way that leads to destruction.
Jesus tells us many will call His name and He wont hear Him sending them to hell.
Jesus says if you love me you will love my Father also. you cannot love me and hate him.

Ok look at like this how pissed would you be if you had some children who got KIDNAPPED buy your own family and turned them against you.
afterwards all you created and loved was getting destroyed before your own eyes.

would you not be pissed if someone came in to your own home and knocked it all down.

Yes God created us all and gave us the laws we are created like him but find him in spirit not flesh.
See our spirit is what is like him
Jesus even transformed himself to spirit to show what he looked like
Created in him image like we have a spirit a soul we too anger just as he does still today.
We get jealous so does God
We hate so does God. He hates sin.
Jesus is like an interperter taking up for us a loving Father think of Jesus as your lawyer however he can only go so far you must obey the laws the conmandments.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A) The mayans worshipped the Spaniards at first because they had been expecting them and they had extremely advanced technology when compared to their own.

B) I didn't say God has changed. I said the God people choose to worship has changed. If you're telling me that God is a spiteful prick who destroys everything when things don't go his way, then I think you might be way off base.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
oh, i remember this. the spaniards came over and the mayans thought that they were gods because that was their prophecy. then the spaniards destroyed all their texts and history that was written down. thats why we only have like 300 of their texts still today ( which used to be thousands ).
then the spaniards destroyed the mayans as well.

i dont think that you were referring to me in you part B) analogy? right??

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nah, it was directed at Shar's post.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

A) The mayans worshipped the Spaniards at first because they had been expecting them and they had extremely advanced technology when compared to their own.

B) I didn't say God has changed. I said the God people choose to worship has changed. If you're telling me that God is a spiteful prick who destroys everything when things don't go his way, then I think you might be way off base.

I dont remember using those words and I never will when speaking of God.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Ok look at like this how pissed would you be if you had some children who got KIDNAPPED buy your own family and turned them against you.
afterwards all you created and loved was getting destroyed before your own eyes.

would you not be pissed if someone came in to your own home and knocked it all down.

We get jealous so does God
We hate so does God. He hates sin.
Jesus is like an interperter taking up for us a loving Father think of Jesus as your lawyer however he can only go so far you must obey the laws the conmandments.

Forgive me for paraphrasing. What you've done is humanize God, the way one would give animals human characteristics ala Charlotte's Web. The God of the OT might have been a giant baby, but the God of the NT is something completely different. I'm not religious, so I don't care which one you pray to or whatever you do. Just know that they aren't the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
To me they are the same. Thats what the kjv teaches me. Nope hes not a baby, yes he has emotions and thats all im gonna say about it. i think were off the subject of this thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think everyone else is done with this thread.

If greed, anger, hate, jealousy etc are emotions we are supposed to rid ourselves of, why does God have them? Why is God committing several of the 7 deadly sins?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Interesting topic and posting. For myself, I believe God is a female. Only a woman would love her children or creations, no matter how bad they got or how messed up equally along with those who went down the correct path. In all of humanity, when you got hurt who did most of us turn to? It was mom. It was usually mom who made us feel good when we were feeling blue, or sad, it was mom who took away the hurt and pain. A mother would calm a child down from a nightmare and comfort someone in need. If you look at all of the things that are in the bible, several things are true. One is that God has to be a female first and foremost. A male would have prolly squashed us all back to the stone ages by now. And the other in reply to the questions about the difference in the how God is percieved, remember that after JC walked on the earth one of the things he told Peter, what you percieve as truth on earth, I shall hold true in heaven. What makes it kind of bad, is that there are many interpretations of that statement and of what God should do. After all what would you do if you had millions of crys for attention, who would you give it to, and who would have to stand on their own 2 feet?

Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think your description of a man fits God pretty well. He kinda flooded the world. You know, to kill people. He was angry and spiteful.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You guys are definitely on to something.

God of war = Mars
God of love = Venus

Men and Women!

If Mars marries Venus, then what?

Maybe that will become our future unity!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

God of love = Venus

I believe you meant
Goddess of love = Venus
also Goddess of perfection,balance and several other attribuites. One of her
symbols is the pentagram which the planet Venus traces in the night sky every eight years.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been away so I apologize for the lack of response on my part. I wish to address a few posts.

Osbert stated:

Bible quoting is counter productive because the Bible often contradicts itself, sure proof that it was written by a number of Rabbis rather one single source.

Take this quote for instance:

"I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)

In Isaiah 14:12, St. Jerome, translated the Hebrew "morning star" into the Latin term "Lucifer" (light bearer), a name commonly ascribed to Satan by Christians, and represents the fallen star, an ancient symbol for the fallen or evil one. The mourning star actually appears as the planet Venus, the brightest "star" in the sky (but the ancients did not know about planets). Venus always appears low on the horizon, thus it looked like a fallen star (fallen angel) to the believers.

I can quote many more but I am already boring myself....

So you seek to disprove Scripture based on a translation of a word? What you must first demonstrate is what John meant of the word(s) and not Jerome. This is in no way contradictory.

Mindtrip stated:

i agree. i think the bible should be re-translated into the real translations. no changing the way it was originally written just so it sounds better to certain people. i wish i had the actual hebrew bible ( and that i spoke hebrew to understand it)
thats the only thing that i hate about reading the bible. i never know if that is exactly the way that things are supposed to be said , or done.
also there was alot left out. so who really knows if we are missing some really important stuff that we are supposed to be doing.?

Do you really pay attention to what you are typing or thinking?

First you state that there should be "no changing the way it was originally written" and you also state ".....also there was alot left out. so who really knows if we are missing some really important stuff...."

How do you know it's not as it was originally written? Please list what was left out and also your references.

OR... is this just your opinion that stuff has been left out and your opinion that it's not original?

Akraites stated:

The Author of Scripture is the one and only God. The God of the OT being called a war monger and then stating that the God of the NT is a God of love, thus there are 2 different Gods is complete nonsense.

In the OT we have a God of Love, Compassion and yes Wrath. In the NT we also have a God of Love, Compassion and Wrath...plus a host of other attributes and characteristics. God had compassion on Nineveh and when the people repented He did not destroy them. God also wiped out those who continued in their sin.

In the NT God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to die for sin and in this His Wrath was appeased. He has compassion on whom He pleases and likewise His wrath. Again, it's that same God, the only God.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join