It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God also woman?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Interesting topic and posting. For myself, I believe God is a female. Only a woman would love her children or creations, no matter how bad they got or how messed up equally along with those who went down the correct path. In all of humanity, when you got hurt who did most of us turn to? It was mom. It was usually mom who made us feel good when we were feeling blue, or sad, it was mom who took away the hurt and pain. A mother would calm a child down from a nightmare and comfort someone in need. If you look at all of the things that are in the bible, several things are true. One is that God has to be a female first and foremost. A male would have prolly squashed us all back to the stone ages by now. And the other in reply to the questions about the difference in the how God is percieved, remember that after JC walked on the earth one of the things he told Peter, what you percieve as truth on earth, I shall hold true in heaven. What makes it kind of bad, is that there are many interpretations of that statement and of what God should do. After all what would you do if you had millions of crys for attention, who would you give it to, and who would have to stand on their own 2 feet?

Just my thoughts.

The above post has me perplexed. You think this way BECAUSE you are looking at the "typical" male behavior and then placing certain Biblical happenings to that behavior. Likewise the same with the female. You have humanized God in reverse. You find fault in human behaviors and then look at Scripture through those lenses and say..."See, the Biblical God must be a women for He acts like......."

What I find also perplexing is this statement by Akraites after your post:

I think your description of a man fits God pretty well. He kinda flooded the world. You know, to kill people. He was angry and spiteful.

Yet of another post, in where the poster also "humanized" God, he/she states:

Forgive me for paraphrasing. What you've done is humanize God, the way one would give animals human characteristics ala Charlotte's Web.

Why the double standard?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join