It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Debka file

The suspects are all British-born Muslims of Pakistani origin.

SkyNews -TV

"all arrested were british muslims, booked on consecutive flights from london, glasgow, birmingham, manchester, all on american carriers"

infinite
People have been told not to go to Heathrow. 'cause two have gone "missing",

I heard the same. I also heard about mothers required to taste test baby milk before they could take it onboard.

Lots of International flights to U.K. canceled.

Interview with Scotland Yard up next on TV.

[edit on 8/10/06 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If traveling isn't important, dont bother coming to heathrow.

Cooor....things must be bad, the liberal democrats are even calling for tougher actions and their liberals lol

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Guy on Fox saying that there were 6 planes targeted for blowing up in mid-air over Atlantic.

Also, the threat level for flights from the UK is up to Red, and Domestic US flights are still Orange.

Scotland Yard briefing supposedly in a few minutes...

EDIT: Oops, didn't clear my eyes before typing. It's the Atlantic, not the US they wanted to blow the planes up over. *bangs head to knock out the cobwebs*

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLR Jester
Being described as a "very ambitious plot" with up to nine terror cells working together - that just on the BBC News 24 Rolling Feed

Good Lord
!

US are saying 50 people are involved in terror plot

Two people (terrorist if you like) are still be looked for.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm just curious, but has anyone heard to what cities these planes were destined for? I know it may be a mute point right now, but I am wondering if maybe the plan couldn't have been city specific...

Of course this is coming from a guy who has hardly travelled the US, and hasn't been on a plane before...so I don't know much about trans-Atlantic travel.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
They haven't mentioned anything like that on the beeb yet. Currrently they have an explosive expert on confirming that liquid explosives are a very real threat and easy to get hold of.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLR Jester
They haven't mentioned anything like that on the beeb yet. Currrently they have an explosive expert on confirming that liquid explosives are a very real threat and easy to get hold of.

Yeah, of course.

Look in your kitchen, you'll find plenty.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hmm.... Imagine that. Muslim wackos causing trouble yet again. Lets see how long it takes for some people to blame this on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or the war in Iraq, NWO BS, Illuminati, and those pesky Freemasons. Anyway, I applaud U.S. and British authorities for uncovering this evil plot attempted by evil muslims and saving the lives of hundreds of innocent travelers . Great job guys.

God Bless America, Isreal, and the United Kingdom

Oooo-Rah

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I'm just curious, but has anyone heard to what cities these planes were destined for? I know it may be a mute point right now, but I am wondering if maybe the plan couldn't have been city specific...

I don't know, but there are only so many international airports on the U.S. east coast.

About the 2 they are looking for

August 10, 2006, 11:05 AM (GMT+02:00)

Two people still sought by the police after 20 overnight arrests.

Heathrow cancels all incoming flights amid chaotic queues in the terminals and disruptions at all British airports.
Reference

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I'm just curious, but has anyone heard to what cities these planes were destined for?

On the basis of the reported departure points and the use of US carriers there can be no single target city and the reports talk of plans to blow up the planes over the ocean.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by War_Monger
Hmm.... Imagine that. Muslim wackos causing trouble yet again. Lets see how long it takes for some people to blame this on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or the war in Iraq, NWO BS, Illuminati, and those pesky Freemasons.

Um, you are the first to bring up Bush et. al. Why badger other people to join you in the mud?

But on a related subject, I never have carry-on luggage, it's too much of a pain to carry around, and a hassle to stow.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have a theory

first it was trains and a bus (7/7)

now its airplanes, ferrys and liners are next to be targetted?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thank you Zaphod58. I did not know that.

Shortly before Ramsey Yousef was caught, he flew on a Philippine Airlines 747. After he disembarked in the Philippines, and the flight continued on to Japan, there was an explosion onboard, killing a Japanese buisnessman. It was later determined that the explosive had been hidden in a bottle of contact lense cleaner, with a new type of detonater that had been specifically developed for this operation. This flight had been a test run for Operation Bojinko, and deemed a failure, however, it only failed by a matter of inches. The seat that Yousef had been assigned was the last seat over the main wing spar. One seat over and he would have been directly over the center wing fuel tank, and the plane would have exploded killing everyone instantly, with no one figuring out what happened as the plane was over open ocean between the Philippines and Japan.

That's the reason they are confiscating liquids from passengers.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yeah, apparently this has been tried before, during the early 90s. But it failed.

Its weird, im looking out the window and the sky is so clear, no planes. Its weird.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Authorities are saying that the plot included blowing up ten planes, possibly more

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I don't know if this is related, but I am in Singapore now. My flight from the military base here, to the military base at Diego Garcia, was canceled. Maybe, just as a precaution, all military flights were canceled?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by curme]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by War_Monger
Hmm.... Imagine that. Muslim wackos causing trouble yet again. Lets see how long it takes for some people to blame this on Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or the war in Iraq, NWO BS, Illuminati, and those pesky Freemasons.

You have voted War_Monger for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

link   

Originally posted by infinite
I have a theory

first it was trains and a bus (7/7)

now its airplanes, ferrys and liners are next to be targetted?

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

link   
The MET have just announced that this was a plot to commit mass murder on an unprecedented scale, and now have 21 people under arrest, that's three more then.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"confident they have foiled terror plane"

I dont like it when they put it that way. It means there is still a risk and what happened to those at large? its kinda worrying.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join