Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Do you suppose the DAYS of delays to follow this critical threat level will harm the AL biz? Do you think, even if this were all bollocks (pardon the expression), that the UK would hurt commercial airlines like this for fun?

Yeah that too but that wasn't what I was getting at, my bad, I meant even in the long run, if an AL is going to hold this policy I wouldn't fly with them. And many do find this more concerning than a 'terror alert'. But I doubt they were thinking of the airlines at all. Not that I pity them, just saying who is going to want to fly to and from the US and UK now ? And I don't say this because of the terror element, but of the process one would have to go through now just to fly. Think about it. Vacations will be booked for 'safer' destinations now. How many people swore off flying after 911 (and actually did. I know many) ?

The 'extra' security measures put in place after 911 were a joke and to be honest they never even were implemented properly ... well not when all an even slightly attractive girl has to do it change into a halter top and tight jeans efore de-planing, she will slip right on through all that ... so imagine a real pretty girl ? lol seen it many times and have even been subject to more than one male in customs exerting more energy trying to get my phone number and try lines on me than check my luggage
Even most of the women I have encountered on my travels were too busy runnin their mouths to do their job even half-assed. So all that hype doesn't hold much weight with me, they don't care as much as they want us to think they do about security.

And that's why I take all this with a grain of salt ... as just a means to instill fear in the masses. And I ain't bitin

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
And we all know that CIA is financing pakistani secret services, and some of them were implicated in the Mumbai bombing, so why not this one?

CIA = Pakistani secrets services = Britain terrorism.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
hmmm. Could this possibly have something to do with the missing Egyptians?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A remarkable set of reactions so far to a major breaking news story.

"propaganda to push their ``terrorist`` agenda"
"Another cut in our liberties"
"Their is no terrorist threat, think about it"

(along with some far more thoughtful and rational comments for sure.)

What would follow if an attack took place and hundreds died with inadequate response from security services?

...Government complicity
...foreknowledge
...inside job
...security failures

[edit on 10-8-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by arkansasmedic
hmmm. Could this possibly have something to do with the missing Egyptians?

No silly, the missing Egyptians are in on this new foiled plot in Dearborn Michigan U.S. today.

Two men were charged Wednesday with money laundering in support of terrorism after authorities said they found airplane passenger lists and information on airport security checkpoints in their car.

Deputies stopped Osama Sabhi Abulhassan, 20, and Ali Houssaiky, 20, both of Dearborn, Mich., on a traffic violation Tuesday and found the flight documents along with $11,000 cash and 12 phones in their car, Washington County Sheriff Larry Mincks said.

[edit on 8/10/06 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
US flights have been put on hight alert in the States. Numerous countries are banning flights into to the UK.

UK is now on the highest terrorist alert (critical).

Armed police are searching cars at numerous airports.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

What would follow if an attack took place and hundreds died with inadequate response from security services?

...Government complicity
...foreknowledge
...inside job
...security failures

Anyway, that's not a reason to destroy our liberties. Fark them. Our government do shat in the Middle-East since Israël is there, that why terrorists exist. The main cause that lead to terrorism is foreign policy and finance of dictators.

Dictators-poverty-war leads to desperate people leads to extremism leads to terrorism. We need to stop the base problem, what is doing shat in this part of the world. And of course, some people in the government work to take away our liberties, making money on our fears and gain power.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Also, for clarity

The only people using the words "thwarted" and "foiled" appear to be media sources. Official statements only use the word "disrupted" which probably indicates why the hugely enhanced security checks are operating for the time being.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Something doesnt add up. If the attack was thwarted, then why the critical alert and why are they now banning carry on luggage?

Is something happening that authorities know about and they found out to late and this is their best attempt to try and prevent the enevitable? Did British Police claim to have thwarted it to try and confuse those that might be doing this??

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Its just a lot of drama and that all it will be. I know the government and police are using "disrupted" meaning it can still happen, but the likely hood is that it won't. UK is on its highest alert now, and if someone attacks now, we'll end up in a police state.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Anyway, that's not a reason to destroy our liberties. Fark them. Our government do shat in the Middle-East since Israël is there, that why terrorists exist. The main cause that lead to terrorism is foreign policy and finance of dictators.

And what in the name of all that is holy does that have to do with the reaction to a perceived imminent large scale threat to the public? Just how happy would you be if a couple of tranatlantic planes were brought down and the security forces response was...

"well our foreign policy has been leading to this for a long time and I suppose we just have to put up with it because we've ballsed up the Middle East over many years. So all in all we decided not to bother to try and stop the attack on the basis that it would screw up people's civil liberties"

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
BBC is reporting that Heathrow is closed to all flights that are not in the air.

Police are still looking for two more people.

12 British muslims were arrested, US flights were targetted and BAA said to the UK airspace is now closed to all incoming flights. People have been told not to go to Heathrow.

'cause two have gone "missing", expect the army to go walking soon lol i live near an army and activity is VERY high.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its just a lot of drama and that all it will be. I know the government and police are using "disrupted" meaning it can still happen, but the likely hood is that it won't.

Your probably right. The U.S. AP is reporting

"We believe that these arrests (in London) have significantly disrupted the threat, but we cannot be sure that the threat has been entirely eliminated or the plot completely thwarted," said Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff

Not that he knows his ear from his toe...

The report did the stress on liquids again.

"Due to the nature of the threat revealed by this investigation, we are prohibiting any liquids, including beverages, hair gels, and lotions from being carried on the airplane."

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
the words used were

"This could of been bigger than 9/11".

Liqiuds were used because it cannot be picked up by airport security.

Army helicopters are in the air, i can see them out my _

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
"well our foreign policy has been leading to this for a long time and I suppose we just have to put up with it because we've ballsed up the Middle East over many years. So all in all we decided not to bother to try and stop the attack on the basis that it would screw up people's civil liberties"

I didn't say that. I said go look for them but with the means you had pre-9/11. Give us back our liberties. Hell they are saying that the world we live in is more dangerous than ever! Ooooo boogeyman. Anyone remember cold war when the world was about to end in only a button push? And islamic extremists are dangerous? Do you know what's the odd of dying in a terrorist attack? It's 1:9 millions. It's 1000X higher than being strike by lightning and I don't see the Lightning Act.... We should stop spending money in crappy wars and spending money in solving medical issues that really could saves millions of lives.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
American flights are to have secondary search.

All passengers must be hand searched, all items x-rayed.

BAA spokesmen speaking.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I woke up after not sleeping well and turned this on. And eek!

I'm watching the the Press conference right now, and I am thanking myself that I am committed to keeping my feet on the ground.

Something that perked my tired ears up was when they said that baby bottles could be carried on board, but the passenger had to taste the formula before boarding.

I sat there and nearly bug eyed

They are saying that (they being the British news service) that they have never seen the British security be so alert, even right after 9-11.

This is something that we do need to keep an eye on...*puts coffee on*

[edit on 8/10/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Anyway, that's not a reason to destroy our liberties. Fark them.

So which liberties have actually been "destroyed" this morning (in a temporary measure to combat a threat)?

the freedom to take a laptop on a plane...
the freedom to take your own drink on a plane...
the freedom to carry a cellphone with you every minute of the day even when you're not allowed to use it...

and all in the name of avoiding the deaths of hundreds of innocent travellers and holidaymakers. Its a police state we live in for sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Heathrow is now closed by the way to all inbound traffic that isn't already in the air

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Being described as a "very ambitious plot" with up to nine terror cells working together - that just on the BBC News 24 Rolling Feed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join