It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Issue in Relation to Revelations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Found something interesting, to be quite honest I am not posting this over some sudden change in personal orietnations.

Fact of the matter is what I am presenting is subject to all kinds of interpretation.

So without further delay lets begin....

A review of the Old and New Testament
of the King James version of the Bible.
Results in isolating only four places
where the numbers 666 are apparent,
in relation to chapter and verse.

If anyone finds any others let me know

Old Testament

I Chronicles chapter 6 verse 66

"And the residue of the families of the sons of Ko'hath had cities of their
coast out of the tribe of E'prah-im.

Pslams chapter 66 verse 6

He turned the sea into dry land:
they went through the flood on foot:
there we did rejoice in him.

Isaiah chapter 66 verse 6

A voice of noise from the city, a voice
from the the temple, a voice of the Lord
that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

New Testament

Saint John Chapter 6 verse 66

From that time many of his disiples
went back, and walked no more
with him.

-----------------------------

Now far be it from me to claim that some riddle exist here. But it does sound like something interesting to discuss.

To all....

What are your thoughts?

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't know how to piece those seemingly unrelated passages into one main idea. I have heard that 666 stands for 'man' though.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello Toltec.

There is nothing to discuss.
You must remember that in the original scriptures there was no chapters or verses. They have been placed into the bible in latter times for quick reference, being that the bible is so long.

There is no sin or mistakes in gods word, It is pure and infallible. The bible can be compared to a car instruction manual. In order to know how to operate the car you have to read the instruction manual for that car. So the bible is an instruction manual for mankind so that they know how to come back to being the perfect man in Gods sight.

Phunky Monkey, How are you doing?

actually the number 666 is to what the bible speaks as a human number but it spiritually speaks of fallen angels.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Take into consideration the contex in relation to the chapters.

Also what does residue mean?

[Edited on 2-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm doing great. I'm in a good mood right now. Thanks for asking

Yeah, that's right! The chapter and verse numbers were added later. I had forgotton about that. I actually spent some time racking my brain, trying to figure out how those Bible passages were connected. Everything I read about that 666 number just confuses me even more. I hear more about 666 representing 'man' (Adam?) than anything else though. I haven't heard much about 666 representing a specific person. I don't think the Bible gives us enough clues to know for sure what 666 means. We can only speculate.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Don't quite your day job guys, the only advantage in numbering a text is that
its easier to count the Chapters and verses. Unless your saying the bible was incorrectly prepared, or its meaning altered.

The count is just the count.

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 09:47 PM
link   
chapters and verses -much later, as said -and something our modern Arabic-numeral decimal notation may appear to demonstrate entirely obscured in Greek or Hebrew notation.
For example, "666" may not be a number -it could be something denoted by the relevant three Greek letters -and so you go....
And "residue" means "threads like this"

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Estragon when exactly was Revelations Written?

And was the person who wrote it ingorant of what had been written in the past?

Keep in mind we are discussing a Vision which by the way to some, is the result of a type of residue.

[Edited on 2-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Toltec, Hello again

you said that the advantages of numbering a text is that it is easier on counting the chapters and verses, and that the count is just the count. Well I don't think anyone is really interested in counting verses and chapters, It does not edify our soirit at all. It is purely for reference, for example if someone wanted to ask another where it was in the bible when Jesus preached the sermon on the mount, they would take him the start of the sermon which is Matthew chapter 5, verse 1. So you see that it is purely for quick reference, so that you can remember better where certain passages are in the bible.

Also concerning when the book of Revelations was written and who wrote it.
It was written by Christs apostle John, who was one of the twelve after recieving these revelations from an angel sent by christ. John was at that time one of the only original apostles left alive. John wrote the book of revelations in about AD90 ( I think)

Phunkey Monkey

I have a little more information concerning the number 666.
Rvelations chapt 13 verses 16-18.
"And he (the Devil) causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to recieve a mark in thier right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that have understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.

So we see here that during the time of the Tribulation The antichrist will cause all mankind to recieve a mark. This mark whatever it will be will contain the number 666 in it by some unknown way.
The people who choose to accept this mark, I don't think will even know that the mark will bear this number.

Harrowing times are ahead, but to him that overcomes this world shall escape the coming trouble.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The point is Steward that the mind perceives those common experiences (verses to numbers) even if the numbers are not there. The brain is able to generate visions as well as dreams. And apparently the belief exists that it can predict the future.

When people say they have had visions and those visions are. In some way established by others as correct. In relation to events in the future? The event is not only occurring in
another time but as well, at another location in space for the earth.

When a person sees into the future they are doing something which, involves traveling through space and time.

The first is a name
The second and Accomplishment
The Third the punishment for bad deeds.

And the fourth an effect, of those bad deeds.

That is not to say I feel the problem is over.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 03:46 PM
link   
An interesting point in relation to religions.

Politics is more important.

Find four places where in the bible, 666 is represented and the politics take over. Does anyone out their want a definition for the word "residue"? In this thread that word is best-represented in relation to the responses.

What are your thoughts?

top topics

join