It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
See, wouldn't it make more sense for him to kill Kate then? So Sawyer knows how it feels?

no, because they don't know that sawyer loves kate...

Jack once again showed why he's the shiz. I knew he had a plan, just didn't know what it would be/ Problem is, as you said, he has no idea he's not on the main island.

yupp...

i like jack and i am glad he had a plan of his own, instead of just blindly believing ben's word or believing juliet...

Look up and to the north? What the heck is that about?

its eko trying to guide locke...

but to what???

maybe another hatch or the others' village...

honestly it could be anything...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i like jack and i am glad he had a plan of his own, instead of just blindly believing ben's word or believing juliet...

I like jack too, and am glad he didn't side with Juliet, and lulled Ben into a false sense of security.

You know, I remember Ben stating to Jack something like "haven't you noticed Juliet has a striking resemblance to your ex-wife?"

And I kept thinking, "no, she doesn't look anything like Julie Bowen, who is much much hotter, especially when dressed as a hot to trot lawyer."

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You know, I remember Ben stating to Jack something like "haven't you noticed Juliet has a striking resemblance to your ex-wife?"

yes...

that line was confusing to me...

i guess it was another way of manipulating jack...

ben wanted to gain jack's trust through juliet...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
BTW, Spiderman 3 trailer hits tomorrow at 10pm EST.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
New Rules On "Spoilers"...

I know (from personal experience) that "spoilers" (information that hasn't been aired, but will in the future) ruin the experience of watching the actual show. If you desire to post a spoiler, please warn the reader that you are about to do so. This way, we can all enjoy 'lost' in our own way. This rule goes into affect two weeks before the seventh episode of 'lost' season three airs (January 24, 2007). For now, spoilers may not do that much harm (and they make great discussion) and this is why the rule doesn't apply until then. I know that I personally will not view any spoilers during the show's airing season because I ruined bits of last season for myself. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   

BTW, Spiderman 3 trailer hits tomorrow at 10pm EST.

this is great news but, please, let's stay on topic (even though the show is on hiatus)...

thanks...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

this is great news but, please, let's stay on topic (even though the show is on hiatus)...

thanks...

Just said it because of your avatar.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

no problem, thanks...

please see the dedicated thread for the spider-man three movie in the 'movies' forum...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
here we go:

- episode 3.7 - 'not in portland' (juliet-centric)...
- episode 3.8 - title unknown (charlie / others-centric)...
- episode 3.9 - title unknown (jack-centric)...
- episode 3.10 - 'tricia tanaka is dead' (hurley-centric)...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow. That episode was great.

However, why do I have a feeling that The Others will indeed find a way out of this, save Ben, and keep the 3 on the island?

The Losties always seem to get outsmarted.

Although, Kate could tell a fake story if they try to force her to radio in that she is OK...

Ugh..

1. When do the new episodes start?

2. And can anyone give a more thorough breakdown of the "Next time on Lost" part? I didn't see that.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

no problem, thanks...

please see the dedicated thread for the spider-man three movie in the 'movies' forum...

In the future, I'll try to refrain from giving anyone a "heads up" about anything outside of the "official forum" for aforementioned "heads up."

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Look up and to the north? What the heck is that about?

It'll be so he can find Jack, Kate and Sawyer. They'll probably meet half way as they try to get off the small island back onto the main one. Locke will be the man to get them home and save the day though. Why? 'Cause he rules this show!

Jack's done my head in for a while now but I must admit he was great in this episode, he's just totally got them over a barrel. I felt sorry for Ben though, I honestly believe the guy is genuine, it's Juliet who's the evil one.

Obviously the french woman's daughter (don't remember either name) is Ben's girlfriend. Maybe he left Juliet for her? Up until now we've been given the impression to believe that Ben was the bitter one as Juliet left him, but now it's obviously the other way around. Juliet through her bitterness is trying to get rid of Ben or take over. Obviously she must have a small following as well and the French Woman's daughter has got on to it.

It was a good episode I was steamed it was Kate-centric! Her back story did nothing to push the plot forward and concentrating on her and Sawyer for pretty much the rest is pointless. We know how they feel about each other!!! I couldn't care less who she screws but they seem to think that we do. Nice way to drag it out for a cliffhanger! Annoying but I'll over look it for this episodes good points.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by John Nada]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Obviously the french woman's daughter (don't remember either name) is Ben's girlfriend.

Wha?!?
Alex looks like she is a minor (The actress is actually 18) and Ben could be 50 (Actor is really 51!).
Alex's boyfriend is Karl, the kid that attempted to escape in the first episode of this season.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Wha?!?
Alex looks like she is a minor (The actress is actually 18) and Ben could be 50 (Actor is really 51!).
Alex's boyfriend is Karl, the kid that attempted to escape in the first episode of this season.

Yeah that could be my bad (I thought her boyfriend was Karl as well), but she comes in screaming "Where's Ben?!?!....they'll kill your boyfriend like they've killed mine" e.t.c. Obviously though she could be looking for Ben to find out what happened to Karl, I wasn't thinking there.

I just thought it was strange that on the operating table Ben asks if Alex has asked about him, and Juliet says no (even though she has). I guess that's why I took the quotes in the above paragraph the wrong way.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yeah, what was up with that? It is odd that he asked about her before going under the knife.
Maybe Ben "adopted" Alex or something?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It'll be so he can find Jack, Kate and Sawyer. They'll probably meet half way as they try to get off the small island back onto the main one. Locke will be the man to get them home and save the day though. Why? 'Cause he rules this show!

i can't see this happening without a boat or a submarine (or the like)...

Jack's done my head in for a while now but I must admit he was great in this episode, he's just totally got them over a barrel. I felt sorry for Ben though, I honestly believe the guy is genuine, it's Juliet who's the evil one.

jack was great...

and, yes, i felt a bit sorry for ben too (especially because of his "see you on the other side" line)...

he seemed worried, hell i would be...

Obviously the french woman's daughter (don't remember either name) is Ben's girlfriend.

no way...

she is too young and ben is in the 40-ish area...

besides, her boyfriend is dead (he was killed by the others)...

Ben could be 50 (Actor is really 51!).

jack said the x-rays belonged to someone in the 40-ish area...

your point is still valid though...

anyway, was it confirmed that her boyfriend was karl???

it makes sense, if true...

I just thought it was strange that on the operating table Ben asks if Alex has asked about him, and Juliet says no (even though she has).

it was strange...

Yeah, what was up with that? It is odd that he asked about her before going under the knife.
Maybe Ben "adopted" Alex or something?

niiice thought...

maybe the others can't have relations with one another...

better yet, maybe they are all infertile...

[edit on 9-11-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
desmond scene...

Same London street, but perhaps a very different time. Desmond is no longer wearing his dapper suit, but rather, a drab coat and scarf, looking somewhat destitute. He's wandering around the entrance to the London Underground, ranting like your typical neighborhood schitzo.

He spots and sits next to an elegant, older, white-haired woman in a purple gown.

They converse. Suddenly there's a crash! People panic. It's a construction accident nearby, and Desmond stands, distressed.

the actress in this scene is noted to be fionnula flanagan...

charlie and desmond crossover...

Charlie crossover confirmed. Henry Ian Cusick and Dominic Monaghan were rehearsing a quick scene. Charlie is playing guitar on a street corner, and Desmond comes up and talks to him. It seems as if he has an epiphany. "This is happening!" Hmm.

The crossover, of course, is just a bit of whimsy. The main scene is Desmond storming out of Widmore Industries and throwing his tie to the ground. Guess a meeting didn't go well.

nikki and paulo get flashback...

Yes, folks, it's true. Nikki and Paulo do get a flashback episode. The interesting thing is the flashback portion takes place ON THE ISLAND. We will see what Nikki and Paulo were up to while the gang was off on an adventure. I'm interested in seeing this from the other point of view; particularly since we assume nothing interesting was happen.

great read: 'ask ausiello'...

here are some bits from it:

One other complaint I'm hearing this season is that new mysteries are being presented before old ones are solved. Can you say anything about that?
Carlton: We're always in this sort of balancing act. [We want] to keep the audience engaged by the underlying mysteries of the show, but we also want to try to answer questions and give people some satisfaction. And I think maybe the pendulum has swung a little too much into the “Well, we need more answers” category, and we try to be attentive to that. I think there are some upcoming episodes — after the break in the spring — that will answer a number of the open questions. We certainly plan to tell the audience this year how Locke got in the wheelchair.
Damon: We'll be getting a lot more detailed about what happened to Locke, Eko and Desmond following the immediate aftermath of the hatch exploding, imploding or potentially doing something else.

OK. Another reader, Baude, wants to know when we're going to find out what happened to those kids who were abducted.
Damon: I think you'll begin to get a real sense of the answer to that question in about the second episode back after the break — a very real sense.

You guys have been quoted as saying you're going to drop a "bomb" during the second half of the season.
Damon: There are two bombs being dropped, one of which is a character bomb, and that will happen within the first three episodes after the break. And the other is a more significant story bomb, a game-changer, as it were, and that will happen shortly after.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You guys have been quoted as saying you're going to drop a "bomb" during the second half of the season.
Damon: There are two bombs being dropped, one of which is a character bomb, and that will happen within the first three episodes after the break. And the other is a more significant story bomb, a game-changer, as it were, and that will happen shortly after.

I think said character bomb is that one of the Losties is actually, an undercover Other. My bets are on Paulo. I think he may be the "Jacob" referred to when that Other mentioned that Jack "wasn't even on Jacob's list." Or, as you guys/gals have mentioned, it could turn out Juliet is the bad one and not Ben. I still don't trust her.

Story bomb? Hrmm....game changer, that'll have to be big, really big for it to be a game changer. "Fog" monster related? Nah, not big enough. Island related? Maybe. My bet, we get to see what Dharma was really up to on the island, which will put all of the events in a completely new perspective.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just watched Episode 6.

Great one!

I like Jack with a nasty plan of his own - actually, I understand him, since he saw the video camera, showing Kate and Sawyer togather in the cage. So, did he want to save both of them, or just Kate with his new plan?

Anyway, I just HATE it when they end the episode this way!

Makes it even harder to wait a week!

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Makes it even harder to wait a week!

:bnghd:

errr...dude, hate to break this to ya but you're going to be waiting until February.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join