It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the Jews?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Most of them don't believe that helium3 they are just pretending to believe--just like most christians and other religious groups; hypocracy is rampant.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Why do people hate the Jews?

In this case it's just plain ol' bigotry and racism. Nation of Islam ... Louis Farrakahn. Of course .. he hates everyone who isn't black. He also hates
homosexuals.

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps we I should say people hate Jews because of bigotry and racism ... and
add to that ignorance and just plain hate. Some folks hate the jews because they
are just full of hate.

Some folks hate (verb) because they ARE hate (noun).

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think some people hate the Israelis not necessarily 'the jews' there is a difference

(and for the record I don't hate anyone)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Learned people who have studied history will no doubt understand that the long-standing and widespread animosity to the Jewish people has its roots in economics.

Much of the historical, large-scale persecution of the Jews can be correllated to economic upheavals, when the Jews tended to be the people who were least affected, or even worse, in a position to gain economically while there gentile neighbors suffered (often due to their own self-imposed policies and decision making).

This is the true foundation of bigotry against the Jews - prior to medieval times Jews often prospered when living amoung their Christian and Moslem neighbors. It was only with the vast economic upheavals and political fallouts of the Dark Ages did Jews become the international scapegoats of the rich and powerful gentiles.

The religious connotations, which were added on in later years to brainwash the massses, and are but a smokescreen for the true, original feelings of envy and distrust.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
"The Jews are called human beings, but the non-Jews are not humans. They are beasts." Talmud: Baba mezia, 114b

"A pregnant non-Jew is no better than a pregnant animal." Coschen hamischpat 405

"Every Jew, who spills the blood of the godless (non-Jews), is doing the same as making a sacrifice to God." Talmud: Bammidber raba c 21 & Jalkut 772

"It is the law to kill anyone who denies the Torah. The Christians belong to the denying ones of the Torah." Coschen hamischpat 425 Hagah 425. 5

How am i ment to like someone let alone respect a person who believes im sub-human, before they even shake my hand ?.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by helium3]

Only a very tiny select group of 'jews' even come close to practising (being the key word) the intepretation of that book.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Peyres]

you might want to read a common defence of the talmud on wikipedia, considerng you've probably pick up your one sided views on the matter from the very people that used this (including hitler) to justfiy the persecution of the jews.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't think it matters if your Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, or anything else for that matter.

People judge other people and sometimes their judgement is based on pretense and discrimination without basis of fact.

People hate other people if they don't fit into their perfect ideal. I have been attacked as a Jew, as a Christian, for being causcasion, for living with a family of red indians, for being poor, and for numerous other reasons. I have learned that people that want to hate find excuses for their hate to justify their feelings of animosity towards their fellow man.

You don't have to agree with somebody's lifestyle, just because it is different from your own. However, it is no excuse for hatred, or violence towards somebody just because they are different.

footnote: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all related to one another, despite how much they try to segregate themselves. They all stem from the 'Seeds of Abraham'.
Being different is what makes being part of the human race so special. It is our differences in culture, colour, background that makes the human race so appealling. If I was an extraterrestrial; I would be interested in Earth for it's biodiversity in people, creatures and environment.

I don't feel as a race (human race) we have reached our full potential and I feel we have a lot to learn about each other and our planet, before it is lost all together.

[edit on 10/8/06 by rachel07]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
yes I think its a very good point to note that humans don't always get along with each other, you might not like a work mate for being a bit of a loud mouth etc. Lets not foget that hate and differences of opinion are prevelant everywhere in society, religion isn't the cause. Politics is another factor, but human nature is the other

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
You really can't compare Europe to the Middle East. No region on Earth has the circumstances and religious overtones that the Middle East does. I'm sure many have had a notion that NUKING the middle east and turning that region into a sheet of glass would solve something.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

Because the history of Europe has been so peaceful and stable.

Pick up a history book and switch off the TV.

Jensy

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
amen to that...the hell with the TV. I watch my baseball games on the Internet so I dont need it afterall...for what? American Idol.?...no. My library looks like lex luthor's in superman. Almost that size . I gave up on the tube.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hatred of Jewish people ( and moslems ) is traceable to the early dayse of Christian influence in Europe. In those days starting about the 5th or 6th century, Kings ruled by devine right and were "appointed by God" to rule. (according to them) In fuedal societies, the majority of people live in a caste-like life, and only the "High-born" were educated. The commoners lived by verbal tradition and superstitions.
In the days of Jesus, somewhat documented in the new testament, there were many Jewish people that were bigots. The story of the good Samaritan is an example because Samaritans were the slaves of the Roman High born and were very much hated by the Jewish upper class. (they were considered to be inferior to stray dogs. ) Samaritans were Europeans.
Both the Jewish and Islamic faiths are based in the old testament. both follow very similar practices. Both religions have always stressed the importance of education.
In midieval Europe small Jewish settlement from from Jews exiled from Palestine, after the rise of the hittite empire. Since they were educated, and practiced better hygene than the Europeans, they were usually more prosperous and heathier.
Being uneducated, the european commoners believed the health and prosperity or the Jews to be the result of magic.
When the black plague hit europe, the commoners noticed that among the dead there were only 1 or 2 Jewish corpses for every 200 or so christians, and superstitions lead them to believe the plague was a curse caused somehow by the jewish people and their non christian ways. Nobody realized that there were only 1 or 2 Jews per 200 people at the time.
centuries later, adolf hitler stoke the fires of a long held distrust of the Jewish people to create a common enemy and to unite the country of Germany. Had it not been for the kindness of an elderly Jewish couple in Austria, Hitler would have probably died, homeless on the streets of Vienna.
We now see the same tactics being used to villify all moslems as a common enemy.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by niklaus
Hatred of Jewish people ( and moslems ) is traceable to the early dayse of Christian influence in Europe. In those days starting about the 5th or 6th century, Kings ruled by devine right and were "appointed by God" to rule. (according to them) In fuedal societies, the majority of people live in a caste-like life, and only the "High-born" were educated. The commoners lived by verbal tradition and superstitions.

~snip~
centuries later, adolf hitler stoke the fires of a long held distrust of the Jewish people to create a common enemy and to unite the country of Germany. Had it not been for the kindness of an elderly Jewish couple in Austria, Hitler would have probably died, homeless on the streets of Vienna.
We now see the same tactics being used to villify all moslems as a common enemy.

Great explanation it makes sense! Plus Im sure their religious laws of not using the same dishes for certain foods etc had a lot to do with not becoming contaminated as well as their Kosher laws for shellfish, dairy etc. Less contact with outside food contanmination and the people handling the food..

People keep mentioning that Arabs and jews were at war for centuriies yet the timelines for expulsions and massacres had no listings for Arab countries in them just Europeans. The only real problems I saw were related to when Zionism first began to take hold and they started emigrating from Europe to the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
When I began this thread, "Why do people hate the Jews?", I did so with a bit of trepidation. I was, at first, concerned that a well-meaning mod would take this thread as an attempt to incite hatred. Thankfully, the moderators of this forum recognized the validity of the question posed.

Secondly, I was genuinely concerned that the thread would primarily attract those inclined to, ....well, hate Jews. Heaven knows that there are enough people who are predisposed to hate, among others, Jews. I certainly did not want to start a thread that would be the focus of hate-mongering. Thankfully, the thread did not attract anyone that was openly anti-Semitic or anyone who openly spewed the venomous rhetoric of hate.

As I read through the thread, I was surprised and very pleased to see that, for the most part, the replies were intelligent and that responders were courteous, insightful and sincerely interested in probing the origins of hate, in this case, hatred of Jews. I am fully aware that this thread could have easily deteriorated into an ugly morass of name-calling, derogatory declarations and pure hate. I personally applaud the members of ATS/BTS/PTS for their participation in my thread. The level of maturity, restraint and intelligence has made me proud to be a member of this wonderful site.

As special thanks go to the Moderators of this forum and, especially, this thread. On several occasions I noted that a simple word from a mod helped to keep things "on-track" and civil. I have nothing but admiration for these folks and we should all be proud of their work.

I believe that there are no "taboo" topics. Everything, every topic, can be discussed intelligently, politely, without derision. At least this has always been my belief. Once again, thanks to ATS, my beliefs have been re-enforced. I am proud to be a member.

benevolent tyrant

[edit on 8/13/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't know why so many different groups of people hate Jews but the war between Arabs and Jews goes back to the days of Abraham. Abraham had 2 sons: Ishmael, by his wife's handmaid, and Isaac by his wife. The handmaid got uppity, the wife threw her out and Ishmael's race (Arabs) and Isaac's race (Israelites) have been at each other's throats ever since. They both claim (rightly) to be the sons of Abraham (God's chosen) and therefore to be heirs to the promised land. By the way, Ascended Master, "holocaust" means "holy fire": generally understood to be a sacrifice by fire or a ""burnt offering". Originally the term "Jew" was a derogatory term for Hebrews (or Ebirus as they were originally known). They were a nomadic and conquering people-a threat to any stable civilization which MAY account for how they got a bad rep that hasn't been rescinded or revised all these millenia. Those people have been fighting each other since recorded history began and it's a little short-sighted for any country to get involved in their age-old battles. Unless the rest of the world understands the original argument between them, no amount of diplomacy is going to work. It will wind up being either choosing sides (BAD idea) or staying out of it altogether. They have centuries and centuries of injury/hatred and "bad blood" between them. For any one else to come in and "mediate" would be like strangers trying to stop the sibling rivalry in any household in America. Whatever peace might be made today, another argument will break out tomorrow. That's what siblings do. No reason for anyone to hate either side for it or to assign generalized bigotries to any race-there are jerks in all races just as there are heroes in all races.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join