It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the Jews?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats

So, if it was occupied and controlled by the British why can't they give it to whomever they please?

Yes by "law" I guess they can, but it does not change the fact that of the more than 800,000 Arabs who lived in Israel/Palestine before 1948, only about 170,000 remained. The rest became refugees in the surrounding Arab countries, ending the Arab majority in the Jewish state.

I believe that Israel does in every way have a right to exist, but they do not have the right to displace approx 630,000 people, many of whom have been there for centuries. Every major Western/Middle Eastern religion (Islam, Christianity, Judaism) believe that certain areas of Israel/Palestine hold special significance to their faith, so there is no plausible reason to remove one group and put another in its place, because they believe its theirs. They (Christianity/Islam) each have the same right as Israel to it.

[edit on 7/28/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
The sooner they change their attitudes the sooner we can get along with them

on taking the time to put all that together, basically what I do think but couldn't be effed saying, plus more.

(am just feelin lazy and irritable today ... plus I'm just jaded even more so right now on all this *sigh*)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu
the Jews are Gods chosen ppl, THATS why they got THEIR land back,

Yeah GODS chosen people kill kids, people in ambulance's, throw acid on there own people, bomb innocent UN workers.

Thats sounds like a choosen race to me

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
~~

in short, the Jews welcome the slings & arrows of scorn by other
'inferior' religions, because hate & anti-semitism is further proof that
they are a chosen people

Does that mean anti-bushism is further proof that he is the choose leader ?

Just because your hated does not mean your the choosen.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So, can anyone take this back farther than 80 years please? The situation in the middle east is obvious, and is being handled quite well on other threads. What has been the foundation for the view of Jews throughout history. They were hated prior to Hitler. And please don't say "holier than thou" again. That meshes with all religions.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If you want a historical context for anti-semitism, the Jews have traditionally been proactive in the gold supplies of European nations. Jews were also instrumental in setting up the central banking systems of Europe with Rothchild leading the way.

Both the gold traders and central banks are responsible for much suffering over the last few centuries. Infact Jewish gold traders were on the receiving end of Jesus's wrath, the only such mention of Jesus using force was against the Jewish gold traders in the Temple.

Thus the Jews were stereotyped as unscrupulous financiers and horders of wealth. This is the very stereotype Hitler pandered to when seeking to blame a domestic enemy for the economic ills of post-Versailles Germany. He blamed "the Jew" for the lack of money in the average Germans pocket. The fact that it was due to WW1 repairations came second in the Hitler rants because they needed to demonize the Jew to crack down domestically and to remove civil rights. They could not do that if they made it appear that it was France and Britain who were responsible for Germany's problems.

Such is the use of the Jewish stereotype through most of Western history. Things go pear-shaped politically or economically and the current leader/monarch would blame the Jew for it and deflect attention from their wrong doings/incompetance.

After WW2 it was considered gauche "to blame the Jew" in the West so the role of whipping boy was passed onto the Africans. Now it has moved onto the Arabs.

[edit on 28/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
So, can anyone take this back farther than 80 years please? The situation in the middle east is obvious, and is being handled quite well on other threads. What has been the foundation for the view of Jews throughout history. They were hated prior to Hitler. And please don't say "holier than thou" again. That meshes with all religions.

Here you go hogtie I hope this helps

3'rd millennium BC : The Canaanites were the earliest known inhabitants of Palestine.

14th century BC : Egypt begins to weaken, as the Hebrews, and the Philistines begin to invade

1230 BC : Joshua conqueres a small part of Palestine.

1125 BC : The Israelites, a confederation of Hebrew tribes defeate the Canaanites

1000 BC : King David defeates the Philistines, and eventually assimilated with the Canaanites .

722-721 BC : When nearby empires resumed their expansion, the divided Israelites could no longer maintain their independence . Israel fell to Assyria.

586 BC : Judah was conquered by Babylonia, and most of the Jews were exiled. Nebuchadnezzar entered Jerusalem. The Temple was destroyed.

539 BC : Cyrus the Great of Persia conquered Babylonia and he permitted the Jews to return to Judea, a district of Palestine.

141-63 BC : Jews revolted under the Maccabees and set up an independent state.

63 BC : Jerusalem was conquered by Rome

70 AD : Second Temple Fell

29-614 AD : Byzantine (Roman) rule was interrupted , however , by a brief Persian occupation and ended altogether when Muslim Arab armies invaded Palestine and captured Jerusalem in AD 638 .

638 AD : Arab contol began

1517 AD : The Ottoman empire Takes Control

1845 - 1914 : Jewish population in Palestine increased 12,000 increased to 85,000, with help from Britain and Saudia Arabia.

Sources:

Here
Here
Here

[edit on 7/28/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe this topic has a place in Middle East conflict. It should be moved to another section of the site.

Like the Pyschology or sociology section maybe.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it's background info that could be beneficial for the topics here. I think if it was completely off topic and out of place Intrepid would of moved it. He's the FSME for this forum too so he'd be on it if it were

Originally posted by pstiffy
539 BC : Cyrus the Great of Persia conquered Babylonia and he permitted the Jews to return to Judea, a district of Palestine.

Those damn Iranians! Always persecuting the Jews...er...I mean...what....is that Brit Hume?!

I guess the Persians have always been tolerant of Jews, that must be why Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East (outside of Israel). But it's Ahmadinejad's devine mission to eradicate the Jews as he's a rabid anti-semite!

[edit on 28/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This topic is just plain broken for my sensibilities... others must derive some small satisfaction from it or it wouldn't be here, Why not just kick the hornet-nest somemore? Kinda Matador/Bull stuff. Fish-in-a-barrel. Puttin' out a fire with gasoline. We need more time to kill people to save lives. Bah, humbug.

Hatred is bad - always, the perpetuation of hatred shows a learning deficit. Specifying a group for hatred shows real lack of critical thinking skills - generalizations, and arguments of non-sequitor and rationalizations usually follow...

My 2 centavos...

Victor K.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I cant say that I hate jews, because that will be morally wrong and also because I know really good jewish people, but I dont understand why they think they are better and they wont respect human rights, they want to take over everything, also they want to be different than everybody. The other day I went to the supermarket and I went to get some salami, and I saw 2 different stand, one for normal people, and another one for jews. to me that is really stupid, and the most stupid thing is that the guy managing the stand(which he was jewish) didnt even know how to cut the food. I dont get them, why they want to be different to everybody and why they have so much money. most of jews in the us are wealthy. I dont hate them but I dont really like them.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
If you want a historical context for anti-semitism, the Jews have traditionally been proactive in the gold supplies of European nations. Jews were also instrumental in setting up the central banking systems of Europe with Rothchild leading the way....

Thank you both subz and pstiffy. That is exactly what I was wanting to know, and I think it begins to adress the original question of this thread. Or its spirit, as I interpreted it. Financier for the Vatican while money-lending was otherwise illegal in Europe was mentioned earlier as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I honestly don't believe this topic has a place in Middle East conflict. It should be moved to another section of the site.

Considering that the roots of the Middle East conflict is, ultimately, hate. I can think of no more pertinent discussion, about the endless conficts, than this one.

When one considers that hate is behind the endless cycle of violence in the Middle East, that of Arab hating Jew, Jew hating Arab, then this is a topic that needs to be discussed. We may never reach a satisfactory conclusion either here at PTS or, for that matter, in the Middle East but it is important, nevertheless, to discuss this issue.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why do so many people throughout the world hate Americans?

What does the non-American media say about us?

Arrogant, greedy, self righteous, "we are better than you
because God said so" self serving, fat, lazy, ignorant sheeple.

I think far too many people suffer from guilt by association.

In reality the average Joe just wants to live in peace.

It's the top 1% that thrives when we are at each other's throats.

They have always been extremely clever at manipulating the masses when it suites
a particular agenda.

It's really the greedy scum-bags who proclaim to be Christians, Jews and Muslims
when doing so serves their needs, that cause so much misdirected hate and disharmony.

Personally, I hate corrupt leaders and hate the fact that so many people are foolish enough
to follow them.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Most assuredly, the Jewish people have no monopoly on being hated. Yes, for a variety of reasons -- mostly unreasonable ones -- people hate Americans, Blacks, Asians, Arabs, Hindus, Catholics...... You get my point. There is plenty of hate to go around out there and there would seem to be no shortage of people to hate. But why?

But, to keep on track, let's pick one group. Since this thread has already focused on the hatred -- real and perceived -- that is aimed at the Jewish people, collectively and on an individual basis.

One thing. the majority of the posts seem to be focusing upon particular eras in this phenomenon of hatred of the Jews; primarily on Hatred arising from the formation of Israel and the displacement of the Palestinians and on the Hatred that was fomented under the Nazi Regime.

There has been mention of some religions aspects of this hatred (doesn't that sound incongrous; religious hatred?) as in persecuting the Jews because "they killed Christ" but, have we really touched upon why? Why do we often perceive that the Jews are hated? Or are they indeed hated by some. The question is a simple one.....and oft repeated.....again, why?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Considering that the roots of the Middle East conflict is, ultimately, hate. I can think of no more pertinent discussion, about the endless conficts, than this one.

Dont you think the hate comes from something?
The Arabs have been around for a very long time. They are well aware of what they are capable of. Ask the Canaanites. I think they were pretty much exterminated by the Jews in order for them to have their piece of pie. This of course after being held in the bonds of Slavery. I guess 1 good deed deserves another one.

Lets Fast Forward into time
King David Hotel, Palestine
Jews freshly taken out of Nazi Germany decide they want Palestine as their homeland once again. Times are a little different so new methods must be employed. What do they do? Lets dress as Arabs and plant the bomb so they think the Arabs did it. They kill people that not only also suffered at the hand of the Nazi's but also partook in saving them as well. 200+ Dead.

They have ever since attempted to demonize the arabs. The arabs are an old culture. They are well aware of the games of treachery played by these people.
Why else would arabs decry that the Mossad would have carried out 9-11? They know they are very capable of doing uch a thing and have in the past. USS Liberty anyone??

Just look at people like Jack Abramoff who robs the people of the USA only to give to Israel, Wolfowitz, Perl, Ferth, Zekheim all thieves robbing The USA to give to their homeland, and its gladly accepted by them, nothing is turned down.
Look at Rabbi Zekheim alone...military hardware given away, Billions of dollars missing while he was in office , the money just disappeared and he resigns as though it was nothing. I'm still waiting to see what Lord Levy of Great Britain has hiding in his closet.

Think about all the Financial scammers who robbed peoples pensions, their life savings only to give portions of it to Israel, and in some cases like Eddie Antar were even taken in by Israel and shielded.

I don't believe all the NWO garbage going around out there but there is definitely some truth to some of the tales and stories going on out there. I don't think its the average Jew who partakes in that kind of thing but these people do reflect upon them. Just like arabs suffer when other arabs do something wrong. Its nothing specific it happens to everyone but it seems that the jews prefer the spotlight as though they are the only ones singled out.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Bigotry. Racism. Discrimination. These are all words to describe one thing -- hate.

I stopped there. Rasicm? Since when does believing in a certain religion make you a freakin' race?!!?!?!?

These are all words to express what the Jewish people , collectively, have endured for, well, as long as anyone can remember.

As well as other people as other beliefs, such as: The Crusades, The demolition of Native Americans, etc. Those people were no different.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Jews, I just think some of them and their uber-supporterss think that Jews deserve more respect and life choice than everyone else. Well guess what. They don't.

If a religion can survive for 5000 years, I'm sure it has enough stamina to follow for another 5000. Why cry it's in jeopardy now? After all, it's th religion that's under attack, not the people themselves. If the Jews had gone to settle in Palestine after WWII (their were ALREADY Jews and Christians there anyway), and not demaned that the powers that be give them their own land beacues of their RELIGION, things wouldn't be in such a violent age.

Of course, their will be animosity between Muslims and Non-Muslims in the Mid-East, just for the fact that they don't share the same ideals. But was it not the same 3000 years ago? With Judaism causing mass murder around the Mid-East, in proclomation of their god? In fact, Israelis could not even claim their old Judea, with out the destruction of the civiliazations that were there already.

It's all cyclical. Stop thinking they deserve more than other people who are now practically EXTINCT, beacue of the same hatred towards religious views.

[edit on 7/29/2006 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
well...

hate is a strong word, but it exists. It thrives in the world and I put this down to ignorance and stereotypical generalisations.

It is the same generalisations like 'all Muslims are terrorists'... (not my sentiment)
Most people dont know or do not even bother to educate themselves on an issue; they simply perpetuate ignorance.

Now, you cant blame the Jews for Israel. There are many Jews in Israel and throughout the world who also call for a ceasefire. They want peace in general.

Urge the U.S. to put a stop to the attacks on Lebanon and Gaza. Show the world there is a principled Jewish voice that opposes the collective punishment of an entire people. Seventeen Jews got arrested at the San Francisco Israeli Consulate on July 17. See news story and photos. Help pay for ads here. Check out photos of July 12 Boston protest here, and July 18 demo at the White House here. Read more about what's happening in our latest JPN, listen to a July 9 briefing with JVP's Mitchell Plitnick here, or go here to write a letter to the editor or contact your elected officials.

Jewish Voice for Peace

Now, I have NEVER met as an individual anyone stating they hate Jews. But then perhaps I live in a bubble?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Take your pick.

The problem is hidding in a question itself (thread title).

Aren't Jews people too? Or do we have people and the Jews.

The right question IMO is why people hate people?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Take your pick.

The problem is hidding in a question itself (thread title).

Aren't Jews people too? Or do we have people and the Jews.

The right question IMO is why people hate people?

Yanchek...
... You certainly pulled back the veil to expose Hate. Ultimately all hatred boils down to one person hating another -- people hating people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join