It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the Jews?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Bigotry. Racism. Discrimination. These are all words to describe one thing -- hate. These are all words to express what the Jewish people , collectively, have endured for, well, as long as anyone can remember. But why?

In western civilization, I think most kids eventually ask that question. I did. I remember asking my mother (in the fifth grade, 1978) why Israel and the PLO were fighting. She couldn't tell me why. And her honesty about it was refreshing. Tho it didn't help me out any, otherwise.

As a Christian I have heard it said that it is because an angry mob of Jewish people insisted Jesus be killed. That old curse that Mel Gibson was forced to remove from his film, The Passion.

I wish all hate would be vanquished.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

benevolent tyrant
Why do people hate the Jews?

People that hate jews are racist bigots, no better than people that hate blacks, arabs, or euros.

Hatred against the jews started when they were dispersed from Israel into the rest of the world. They were hated, because all societies have hated minorities and people that are different. The jews were dispersed all over the world, and thus were hated everywhere. With other groups, no one thinks about it becuase they are 'only' localized minorities.

Just as I don't understand why Hitler wanted to exterminate the Jews.

Hitler was around when the idea of the aryans was also around. Its more complex perhaps than its sometimes portrayed. People noticed that all languages, from Madrid to Madras, were related, that they were, infact, branches with a common root. English, French, Latin, Greek, Iranian, Sanskrit, Hindi, etc, the langauges were all related, and it seemed that the language spread to its current edges from a common midpoint. The languages together are called the Indo-European language family, back then called Indo-Aryan. People also noticed that the various non-indo-european language speaking civilizations were wiped out in seeming catacylsms. All of them reported having fast and furious iron weilding chariot and horse ridiing nomads storm in from their northern border, ultimately destroying them. ANd then we see advanced civlizations spring up in those areas, with sophisticated techonology and religious thought. So it was though, there was originally a tribe, somewhere in the middle between india and ireland, that developed iron working, tamed the horse, speaking the original indo-european language, that spread out from their small homeland to practically conquer the whole world. And the results were the heights of humani accomplishment, pyramids in egypt, greco-roman civilization, the iranian religions, western philsophy, the hindu religion and its accompanying philosophy, etc etc.

And crushed by this, you'd find people like the jews, who had a completely different language and different civilization, who's God was their master and they its willing slaves, who absurdly concerned themselves with restrictions like kosher dietary and cleanliness laws, and who must've been weak, corrupt, and pathetic, why else would they be wiped out.

So the jews became the sum representation of that ancient struggle between the semitic "half-men" and the aryan heroes, and if they were going to be slaves to their god, then the superior aryans would be that god and they the slaves, and any other non-aryan civilization .

So when hitler came around, he didn't have to invent anything, all these things were 'known' to the general public. Thats why the jews are castigated for being weak today, for being money-grubbing, corrupting, and spiteful.

Its the same old story, hate that tries to justify itself.

Originally posted by leo_infowarrior
I cant say that I hate jews, because that will be morally wrong and also because I know really good jewish people, but I dont understand why they think they are better and they wont respect human rights, they want to take over everything, also they want to be different than everybody.

What the hell makes you think that jews think that????

The other day I went to the supermarket and I went to get some salami, and I saw 2 different stand, one for normal people, and another one for jews. to me that is really stupid,

And because of finicky dietary laws, the jews deserve to be hated?

I dont get them, why they want to be different to everybody

So unless they behave like you think everyone should, there is something wrong with them?? People aren't permited to be different?

and why they have so much money. most of jews in the us are wealthy.

Thats a complete lie. Jews are like everyone else, some are rich, most are not.

I dont hate them but I dont really like them.

Then you should be ashamed of yourself for being a bigot.

LooseLipsSinkShips
what makes them so special?

Nothing does. What makes the arabs so special that the world gave them the lands taken from the ottomans? After the war, the jews, arabs, kurds, turks, were aggitating for land. THe turks got turkey, the arabs got arabia, the jews got a slice of the levant, and the kurds got screwed.

and the reason they are hated is because they are occupying the arab's land

Why would the rest of the world give a damn about the arabs loosing a peice of desert land? The OP is talking about why the jews have been hated throughout history. At all times, there were groups hating the jews.

Snazoulu
the Jews are Gods chosen ppl, THATS why they got THEIR land back

So Lord Balfour is the Messiah or something?

derfred33
allways toght that were the nazis who first "declared war" on the jews but recently wile talking to a friend about it he told me that before the begining of the ww2 the International Judea boycotted the German Exports

There were attacks on jews in europe long before the nazis existed. Jews are a minority, and they have the 'nerve' to keep their own religion and traditions, thus, they are loathed because they are different. People can come up with all sorts of reasons to rationalize hating a minority. "They're control the banks, they're here to take our women, they're not really human, they worship the devil" etc etc.

stumason
I'd hazard a guess and say it is the "superiority complex" that runs through Judaism. Gods Chosen? Calling the rest of us Goyim, Gentliles or worse.

Every nation think that they are chosen. The germans thought they were the master race and that any civilization's greatness was merely determined by the amount of aryan blood it had.
THe jews said 'god is our god, and he protects us', like every other group, especially in those ancient days when this religion was 'new'. Its not a particularly odd statement, what would be odd would be if the old jewish religin said 'god is everyone's god'.

Why, if the Jews can claim back Israel

They were given Isreal, by the UK and UN. Its far too late now to say 'other people's haven't gotten their land requests fufiled, therefore we should roll back previous land grants'.
Also, the arabs have arabia, and egypt, and iraq, and syria, and the jordan, etc etc. So looks like the arabs did pretty well for themselves when the world powers were handing out land.

You can covnert to Judaism, thats were 75% of the worlds Jews came from.

Thats also where 99 percent of the world's christians came from. THe first christians were a small group of jews, and then the rest of europe came over to that religion. I don't understand why this claim is (and not saying you are using it in this viscious way) used to say that the modern jews aren't 'real jews', but 'converted khazars'. Its meaningless.

Whereas those that inhabit the area, say the Palestinians are actually Semitic tribes and probably have better "jewish" ancestry than modern day Jews.

Indeed, they do. The Arabs in general are more closely related to the ancient hebrew tribe than the khazars are.

hogtie
I hate to say it, but I would like to hear from someone who is anti-Jewish that can peacefully articulate why it is they are held in such disdain,

They hate jews because they view them as snivling subhuman animals. There's no peacfully articulated reason. IF there was a mutant gorilla that could speak and fire a gun, and it was set up settlements in your town and took your resources, would you view it favourably? Would you give it the same laws as apply to you? Thats how anti-semites view jews, thats how old racist southerners viewed blacks, thats how the majority allways viewed the minority, as sub-human animals not deserving of equality. THey expect you to demonstrate that they should be treated equally, to them its a given that they are beneath them.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

There are some scary things said in this thread....

:shk:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nygdan touches on the reason I think Jews seem to have been singled out as a particular object of hatred in many places: their history as an exiled people, living in foreign lands, yet maintaining their own religious and cultural traditions.

Since the Diaspora the world's Jews have lived as a minority wherever they are, not only that, but a minority that puts a strong cultural emphasis on education, literacy and tradecraft. So they are in many places both a despised minority (to different degrees in different places at different times) and yet an essential element of the local economy.

This results in a lot of resentment.
Not that the Jews are the only people in this predicament, the impression I get is that the Chinese in Malaysia are in a similar boat: an ethnic/religious minority with disproportionate economic clout.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

There are some scary things said in this thread....

:shk:

I would agree with alot of it.. Scary and sad...usually means true. It's said that the Jews are the leaders of the Illuminati...masonry, or whatever you consider the people behind capitalism, and Hitler hated the jews because they were pioneers of the ecomomic conquest that is taking over most of the world. Lots of people hate america. ...why? it's because Jews are the backbone of this country....I love everyone...Jews or not...nothing but love in me baby.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
How exactly would 'the jews' be the people 'behind the illuminati'????? There are a heckuva lot of jews, that'd be one damned big conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well here is my best explaination . Jews created Freemasonry. The upside down triangles that create the star of david is in tribute to the Jewish slaves that built the Egyptian pyramids thousands of years ago. Jewish people are simply the smartest builders in history. They struggled so much, that is why they are great. Struggle made them great. The Illuminati symbol ..the pyramid, is 3 sided and the 3 sides represent the 3 courts that tried Jesus Christ. I believe the names were ...

Jubelo , Jubelum, and Jubela .. all have the letters " JU" in the names.

After christ was murdered, Freemasonry was "christianized" They are in fact the Illuminati. The Jews control Hollywood don't they? Creators of currency and maybe even the Vatican Church to be the first failed attempt of a New World Order...a one world government.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Jews created Freemasonry. The upside down triangles that create the star of david is in tribute to the Jewish slaves that built the Egyptian pyramids thousands of years ago.

Why, even if one accepts that as true, does that mean that the jews created masonry? Could it not simply be the the people that did create it were fond of jewish symbology, like many today are fond of the kabbala, but arent' jews or jewish?

Also, while the square and compass do indeed look something like the star of david, they, moreso, look like a square and compass. If anything, the symbology of freemasonry indicates that it was started by stone masons.

Jewish people are simply the smartest builders in history.

?
The jews didn't even build Solomon's Temple, it was built by Contractors from Tyre, who were recognized as being far more skilled than the jews.

The jews say that they were used as slave labour to build the pyramids, not the designers. Whats more, the pyramids weren't built especially by slave labour anyway, it was a national egyptian project.

The Illuminati symbol ..the pyramid

The illuminati records were captured while weishaupt was still around, I am not familiar with the Pyramid being one of their symbols.

, is 3 sided

A pyramid is 5 sided. A triangle has 3 sides.

and the 3 sides represent the 3 courts that tried Jesus Christ

THe people that actually use the Triangle as a symbol use it as a representation of the Trinity.

I believe the names were ...

Jubelo , Jubelum, and Jubela .. all have the letters " JU" in the names.

This is from some of the masonic rites. The three courts that christ was put before were King Herod's Court, the Sanhedrin, and the Roman Court. I don't see how those are references to any of them. THe three names have 'ju' in them because the peopel that made up the myth/rite wanted to 'blame the jews'. Jubelo, Jubelum, and Jubela are the three people who kill Hiram Abif, the focus of hte masonic legend, (who, btw, is raised from the grave). Its a recapitulation of the idea that the Jews killed Jesus.

The Jews control Hollywood don't they?

No, they don't. Some people that are very influential and rich in hollywood are jewish.

Creators of currency and maybe even the Vatican Church to be the first failed attempt of a New World Order...a one world government.

The vatican isn't jewish and indeed has sponsored and approved many attacks upon the jews.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Some might say that they hate the Jews because, after all, "the Jews killed Jesus". This has been the "justification" for Christian pesecution and the hatred of the Jews in spite of the fact that Jesus, Himself, was a Jew. How can Christians continue to call themselves Christians when they, in turn, deny Christs' own words to "Forgive them, for they know not what they do"? In the same light, how can Christians deny that, according to the very same Bible that they adhere, expresses that the Jews are "God's Chosen people"?

I am a Christian and I don't know of any other "true" Christian in the last 150 years who really believed that the "Jews" killed Christ; in fact any Christian who really knows Jesus and has any grasp of scripture knows that it wasn't the Jews who killed Christ but Jesus who laid down His life willingly and then rose again to save the world from sin and death. The Jews are indeed God's chosen people and any nation or people who come against them will suffer God's wrath.

I have to say that for my own part, what is going on now in the Mid-East has tremendous prophetic significance.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
To me...Jews are more than followers of Judaism . I think some people are jews and do not even know it. A Jew is a chosen person. If people believe in one destiny, and not free will...then why does god only choose to save certain souls? overpopulation ? maybe...but there has to be more to it.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

... whatever you consider the people behind capitalism
... because they were pioneers of the ecomomic conquest that is taking over most of the world.

... Jews are the backbone of this country

Jews and Scotsmen, eh? It's the economic issues that I perceive to be at the heart of this hatred. But somehow the Scots don't seem to generate it even though they've fought their own territorial wars (with England) over the centuries.

Although both are very thrifty people. Roll your tongue and say: frrrugal

I don't have ANY personal day-to-day contact with a Jewish person, only know what I read. But my son had some Israeli boys in his dorm last year--and it's a catholic school. They were studying Accounting (and teaching him Hebrew). They go home for the summers, and I have to wonder (and worry) where they are now...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Personally I find the whole idea of Anti-Semitism utterly reprehensible. As a Persain I also find the stance of Iran towards Israel a very unfortunate state of affairs, especially since Iran only really started to have this extreme outlook since the 1979 revolution.

When you see the extent of anti Jewish feeling(created and stoked by Mullahs, agitating a population who sadly know little of their proud pre-Islamic heritage) it makes your heart sink. Do the Persians forget the Legacy of their greatest national Hero? Cyrus the Great emancipated the Jews from Babylonian slavery:

According to Biblical and historical sources, Jews did not only gain freedom but also the favor and financial support of the Persian King, Koroush (Cyrus), to rebuild their communities. Thus decreed King Koroush (Cyrus): " As for the house of God which is at Jerusalem, let the house be built.....And let its cost be given from the king's house. Also let the gold and silver utensils of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took from the house of God and brought to Babylon, be restored and brought again to the temple which is in Jerusalem, each to its place. And you shall put them in the house of God."

At the 2500th celebration of the Persian Empire in 1971, a letter was recieved by the Shah from the Israeli government on the subject of this ancient and honorable deed. The people of Iran have been made to forget this I think.

To see my family's home country descend into a period of such darkness breaks my heart. Iran today is a result of a small minded Theocratic government that willfully neglects the memory of a truly astonishing history.

Apologies for departing from the real essence of the thread, but I thought I'd just throw in an example of how two different cultures that once had great respect for one another can so easily over time forget their shared history.

We mustn't forget that people are not intrinsically "hateful", we are not born with a desire to hate. We are manipulated into hatred by environment and individuals around us, some people are brought up made to belive that Jews are bad. That however is no excuse, we are sophisticated enough to think beyound such base emotions and we should always endeavour to do so.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

To me...Jews are more than followers of Judaism . I think some people are jews and do not even know it. A Jew is a chosen person. If people believe in one destiny, and not free will...then why does god only choose to save certain souls? overpopulation ? maybe...but there has to be more to it.

Plenty of room in heaven, StreetCorner. Because they are the 'chosen people' does not mean that good souls can't get there too. The time and effort one puts into being 'good' --vs. evil/bad/having ill will/sinning--will maneuver one's place in the heavens. Or back to being an earthworm ya go!

Those are thoughts that keep many on the straight and narrow and the Jews were the one's responsible for writing down the orginal philosophy on the subject. In Babylon in slavery too, I might add--where they learned to be scribes to their captors. Long before Aristotle came along.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Who says G-d only choses to save certain souls. This definately is not a Jewish belief. They are called the chosen ones in the Torah because they are the ones who accepted G-ds commandments. No one else is bound by those laws but this has nothing to do with who is "saved". Maybe I am misunderstanding your question..??

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A little yea...you must of misunderstood it a bit. People choose to commit to god. But some people just never get that chance. Thats all. It depends if you believe in free will or not. If you don't. Then you must believe God chooses who to save . I was trying to imply that long ago in times of the Babalonian empire there were very few humans that were connected to the spirit. The Jews...were mostly made up of poor slaves. Now....

These poor people struggled alot of course, and that is why they were men of god. Jews were strong people with a whole lot more integrity then the elite of that particular time. It's up to the person to become connected with god...but some people do not have time because of many distractions to commit their lives to god. Some people do not struggle in life as much, and they usually do not have god in their life. Jews were poor. They were not wealthy and were short on power. But they had god in them. Thats what made them powerful.

Many rebelled, and eventually Moses let them know how great they were. The were chosen. Since alot of jews became christianized during christ's era, I can say that some people are jews and do not even know it. The Pope wears a bini or yamaka doesnt he? christians are jews. Chosen because they commit to god. Now..there are many religions...and many different ways to pray. Im a scientist who believes Religion needs science and vice versa. Both cannot exist without the other. Im not an atheist at all....and if a person asks me " are you jewish" ? I would say I would of been back then, but today...there are many different labels to go by.

[edit on 7/31/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Thats also where 99 percent of the world's christians came from. THe first christians were a small group of jews, and then the rest of europe came over to that religion. I don't understand why this claim is (and not saying you are using it in this viscious way) used to say that the modern jews aren't 'real jews', but 'converted khazars'. Its meaningless.

You quoted me out of context for that, Nygdan.You cannot just dismiss it because it sits uncomfortably with you, those people have no claim to that land whatsoever. My point is thus;

If we were all suddenly to decide we were Native Americans, lived like Native Americans, worshipped as Native Americans, dressed like Native Americans and spoke like Native Americans, would that make us so and, by definition, be able to claim the Native American lands which were stolen?

Of course not, then why do a bunch of 10th century converts from the Russian Steppes and Urals get to claim Israel?

Also, you point about Christinaity being converts is moot. It has no bearing as Christians do not consider themselves one "ethnic" group nor do they lay claim to a land promised by some fictional deity.

I could understand the Jewish land claim if they were actually ethnic descendants of those that were forced out, but ont he whole, they are not. If just the "proper" Hebrews were allowed back, then the Plaestinians would still have a majority and the Jewish state would never had been born..

Therefore they are given the land for a religious reason, which is unfair to the other religions, no? Oh, but I fogot, you can't be unfair to the Jews, as they are Gods chosen.... We're just cattle of slaves to them and they have said as much themselves.

There is also the fact that the US blatantly supports a theocratic state in israel, but rails against any non-Jewish theocracy when it gets the chance. You can claim that Israel is secular, but they sure as hell don't act like it.

Holocaust!....Anti-Semite!! I can hear it being screamed already...And quite frankly, I am getting sick of it.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
Those are just the 1 percenters. There's always going to be odd balls who join gangs and create violence. there are always going to be those people who come from broken homes and only know bad things. I think worshiping Hitler like the Skinheads do is just providing an outlet for misfits to express themselves. Just like Satan is for the occult.

Its all about percentages I guess....Amen to that.

Hitler was anti Illuminati. He hated jews because he called them leaders of manipulation, deciet, pioneers of social democracy...he hated them for business reasons so to say...nothing personl..it was political. In the Mein Kampf Ive read very little about his personal repugnance and distaste for jews. He sometimes reffered to them as people who do not drink water.

Also.. as far as misfits go...do you mean radicals? All great men from Plato, to Jesus, to Alexander had to be radicals at one point....thats why even the great leaders wear out and dissipate into history because once someone contributes to mankind, people learn from it and the great ones take away from the greatness , because in every great thing there are negatives to be found. That is how logic grows. Or science. You keep taking away...never add to it.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do not hate (No such word as HATE, dislike might be a better word for some), the Jewish, Muslims, or any other Culture in this world, wish everyone could just get along. (Most of this is boiled down to religion anyways).

But is it not human nature to dislike or like one another.... History should show us that this does not always happen..

It would be just the same as Catholics who dislike prodestants here in Scotland or vice versa.

We do not go all out here in scotland In Bombing or firing missiles at each other Here.

Oks we slag each other off, maybe a few deaths, but never an out blown war... at the end of the day it boils down to religion ... like it or not.

(Edited to change hate to dislike)

[edit on 1-8-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The poor jewish people have been subjected to persecution for thousands of years. What did they do? Nothing. So why do they have to suffer? We dont know...

All I know is that the Rothschild Dynasty have been responsible for the persecution of jews in the last 2 centuries, including the russian ''pogroms'', which was fomented by Rothscihild agents; and the Holocaust (Holocaust actually means ''sacrifice'' or ''burnt offering''; I wonder why the jewish leaders chose the word Holocaust, very interesting indeed). The Holocaust was fomented by the Rothschild, Adolf Hitler, as an excuse to set up a ''jewish'' homeland in Palestine, which the Rothschilds long have wanted to control. To do this, they kicked the Arabs out of Israel and occupied the Palestinian territory, effectively tellin the Arabs ''your land belongs to jews now''...thats why Arabs hate jews, cuz they been misled to view them as the enemy, when the real enemy of Arabs AND Jews and all people is the Illuminati and the Rothschilds!

The Rothschild family dynasty even put their symbol, the 6 pointed star, Hexagram, or as we've been lied to, the ''Star of David''...they put it on the Israeli flag for god sakes! They put up their symbol for Judaism! Who do you think controls that religion?

Now the Rothschilds are using Israel to wage war, and cause as much death and destruction as possible, because these Illuminati bastards know they will be removed from power soon, and would rather destroy our species than relinquish power of us. It truly is quite evil.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Holocaust

I do not think it was the jewish who, characterized this as the holocaust, I positive it was the Western World to called it the Holocaust, but I will have to look this up.

One thing to remember Alot of gypsies, POW also died in concentration camps, as well as seveely mentally handicapped and disabled folks.

And Yes I will always have sympathy towards the Jewish Community Wordwide, Muslim Community Worldwide, or any other culture that have suffered because of another countries ambitions or one mans ambitions to wipe a race out. (But does not mean I agree with this WAR) that is ongoing right now....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join