It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate the Jews?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Bigotry. Racism. Discrimination. These are all words to describe one thing -- hate. These are all words to express what the Jewish people , collectively, have endured for, well, as long as anyone can remember. But why?

Why do people hate the Jews? Forget, for just a moment, about the vague concept of Zionism as this really is another question. However, why is it that throughout history, the Jewish people have been vilified, persecuted, enslaved and have been actively, methodically, murdered? Surely, there can be a clear answer to this simple question.

It doesn't take much to find page upon page of "hate the jew" sites on the internet to tell us that "the Jew is an inferior race". And yet, on these very same sites, you can also read that the "Jew controls the world". Which is it? How can an "inferior" race dominate and control the world"?

Some might say that they hate the Jews because, after all, "the Jews killed Jesus". This has been the "justification" for Christian pesecution and the hatred of the Jews in spite of the fact that Jesus, Himself, was a Jew. How can Christians continue to call themselves Christians when they, in turn, deny Christs' own words to "Forgive them, for they know not what they do"? In the same light, how can Christians deny that, according to the very same Bible that they adhere, expresses that the Jews are "God's Chosen people"?

In trying to discern the reasons for the hatred of the Jewish people, I come up with nothing but contradictory, paradoxical or even unreasoned thinking.

In the Middle East, we find that all, if not most, of the Arab / Muslim nations despise the Jewish people. Presumably, this is because of the treatment that the Jewish / Israeli state has shown toward the Palestinian people. It would seem that these states feel that their Arab/Muslim brothers have been horrifically mistreated and, yet, when one looks at the history in that region, it would seem that the Palestinians were treated just as poorly by their Arab/Muslim "brothers" in Jordan and Syria. In fact, I am surprised that the rich Muslim oil states have not contributed, in any meaningful way, to help the Palestinians with anything but rhetoric and arms.

Nevertheless, I can understand the hatred that the Palestinian might hold for Israel -- after all, they do have legitimate claims for the same land. But why does Iran hate Israel? Why do other Muslim nations without direct linkage to Israel, hate the Jews?

It is difficult to conceive of a hatred that is so intense that it has survived millenia and, yet, the hatred for the Jewish people is such a case. Why?

I would hope and expect that MODs will be alert to warn, and if necessary, to ban members whose own hatred, intolerence and bigotry might cause them to stray from a serious, courteous discussion of this topic. A topic, it would seem, to be at the very root of the "troubles" in the Middle East. Name calling, improper language and sentiments should not be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
hate is such a strong word, the arabs hate the jews because they are occupying their land. one thing i would like to know is what makes the jews so special? they lost "their land" in a war yet in 1946 they got it back?! If this were to happen to every civilization on Earth, only a few civs would remain. Why did the Jews get land in 1946 (special treatment)? that's what i would like to know.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips
hate is such a strong word, the arabs hate the jews because they are occupying their land. one thing i would like to know is what makes the jews so special? they lost "their land" in a war yet in 1946 they got it back?! If this were to happen to every civilization on Earth, only a few civs would remain. Why did the Jews get land in 1946 (special treatment)? that's what i would like to know.

I think this is crossing over into Zionism. But Jews are not occupying all "arab" land, only a tiny, tiny fraction of space in that region. Your post shows dislike for Jews, but the question is why? Isreal is relatively new, but the hatred is old. What is your opinion on why this is so?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
is that what my post shows?
Why would I dislike Jews when one has directly provided for me over the course of my childhood? Why was Israel created when no other countries around the globe are given land back that they lost through warfare decades after the fact? what makes them so special? I don't think you understand the definition of special. Israel is special that they were given this land out of the blue.

[edit on 28-7-2006 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes, Hate is a strong word, especially when an emotion is translated into action. This has been the case with Israel or, as the case may be, the Jewish people for as long as I can see.

I can clearly see a case for Palestinians to "hate" Israel as it is their land that is disputed but, at the same time, there is plenty of history to examine in regards to the treatment that Palestinians received from their own "brothers" in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. If anything, the Palestinians were dealt a similarly "bad hand" at the hand of their own Arab/Muslim community. How did the hatred against the Jewish people ever spread from the Palestinian community to encompass such a large segment of the world? Nevertheless, how does Israel claiming Palestinian land explain away centuries of hatred against the Jews long before 1946?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
the Jews are Gods chosen ppl, THATS why they got THEIR land back, but the bigger picture is they haven't gotten it all back yet...but they will one day. As far as ppl hating Jews, it is said in the Bible that they will be hated for their beliefs. I can see Arabs hating the Jews coz they are not muslim, but as far as white ppl go AKA skinheads, i think its coz they jsut follow what Hitler said AKA stupidity. What msot ppl are unaware of is Hitler was not an Anti Christ. Hitler actually did not know what he was doing or that he would be such a HUGE part of Bible prophecy. Hitler was actually fulfilling a prophecy of God saying HE would punish the Jews and after a set amount of time, he would then give them back to their land. Kinda like how after Moses came down from MT Sinah, they had to wander for 40 years i think it was across the desert, it was Gods way of making sure all the ppl who had worshiped the golden calf were dead and would never set foot into HIS promised land.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
snazfu, you must be jewish because your answer is not an answer but an opinion. if you ask the arabs, they will say they are God's people.

"Hitler was actually fulfilling a prophecy of God saying HE would punish the Jews and after a set amount of time, he would then give them back to their land."

Hitler always hated the jews because he said that they were not indigeneous to any land. They just roamed around. This is printed in Mein Kampf.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Yes, Hate is a strong word, especially when an emotion is translated into action. This has been the case with Israel or, as the case may be, the Jewish people for as long as I can see.

I can clearly see a case for Palestinians to "hate" Israel as it is their land that is disputed but, at the same time, there is plenty of history to examine in regards to the treatment that Palestinians received from their own "brothers" in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria. If anything, the Palestinians were dealt a similarly "bad hand" at the hand of their own Arab/Muslim community. How did the hatred against the Jewish people ever spread from the Palestinian community to encompass such a large segment of the world? Nevertheless, how does Israel claiming Palestinian land explain away centuries of hatred against the Jews long before 1946?

I don't believe that the dislike/hate the Muslims have in general for the Jews was as strong as it was prior to the creating of the Israeli state. I'm not much of an historian but centuries before the Jews managed to have decent lives in the middle-east except for teh usual minority intolerance that every country had back then.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

snazfu, you must be jewish because your answer is not an answer but an opinion. if you ask the arabs, they will say they are God's people.

With this in mind, could this be one of the reasons of the hatred?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

one thing i would like to know is what makes the jews so special? they lost "their land" in a war yet in 1946 they got it back?! If this were to happen to every civilization on Earth, only a few civs would remain. Why did the Jews get land in 1946 (special treatment)? that's what i would like to know.

Germany lost the war and got their land back, same with Japan, and most the the countries occupied the the former USSR. Happens all the time. Don't know why people hate the "Jews".

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You really can't compare Europe to the Middle East. No region on Earth has the circumstances and religious overtones that the Middle East does. I'm sure many have had a notion that NUKING the middle east and turning that region into a sheet of glass would solve something.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

is that what my post shows?
Why would I dislike Jews when one has directly provided for me over the course of my childhood? Why was Israel created when no other countries around the globe are given land back that they lost through warfare decades after the fact? what makes them so special? I don't think you understand the definition of special. Israel is special that they were given this land out of the blue.

I suppose it was the way that you made it sound as if "hate" was too strong a word, after all the calls for it to be wiped off the map. I apologize for my misunderstanding. So you do not think the Jews are hated?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Bigotry. Racism. Discrimination. These are all words to describe one thing -- hate. These are all words to express what the Jewish people , collectively, have endured for, well, as long as anyone can remember. But why?

That would have to depend on the person who would be answering. I am sure anyone who hates the Jews have their particular reason for their hate, whether it is justified or not. One of the central themes when reading "anti jewish" posts/literature is many feel that the Jewish people, or more particularly the Jewish leadership has a sense of arrogance or moral superiority over the "common man," based on comments that have been well circulated throughout the internet and in literature, ex:

"Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."
— Israeli Prime Minister Menechem Begin

The body of a Jewish person," Schneerson bragged, "is of a totally different quality from the body of members of all other nations of the world. Bodies of the Gentiles are in vain. An even greater difference is in regard to the soul...A non-Jewish soul comes from three satanic spheres, while the Jewish soul stems from holiness."
--Rabbi Mendel Schneerson

“One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.”
~ Rabbi Ya'acov Perin in his eulogy at the funeral of Dr. Baruch Goldstein (Cited in the New York Times, 1994-02-28)

“Israeli lives are worth more than Palestinian ones.”
Ehud Olmert 2006-06-23

“There is no such thing as a Palestinian people… It is not as if we came and threw them out and took their country. They didn't exist.”
Golda Meir, Prime Minister of Israel, Statement to The Sunday Times, 1969-06-15

How can we return the occupied territories? There is nobody to return them to.”
Golda Meir (quoted in Chapter 13 of The Zionist Connection II: What Price Peace by Alfred Lilienthal )

Another main point main people bring up is that the WWII and the Holocaust have been made to look in the Western Society as though it was "only the Jewish people" who suffered, and it was mostly only Jewish people who were being killed in concentration camps, and the West barely hears about the suffering of the other cultures. Approximently 37 millions civilians were killed (source), in WWII, only 3 million were jewish, and many feel that the Jewish deaths were over played directly after the War to create the State of Israel, and since the creation of the Jewish State, it has been nonestop violence, hatred and death, on both sides of the table (jewish/arab)

These are a couple of the more "sensible" reasons I have been able to find, while looking into it. While there are many of the reason out there, most others are based of blinded hate.

Why can't we all just get along!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So you do not think the Jews are hated?

they are hated and the reason they are hated is because they are occupying the arab's land. that's the reason whether it makes sense to you and I or not. Because that reasoning is coming from the uniformed mind that is often under the control of sheiks.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You really can't compare Europe to the Middle East. No region on Earth has the circumstances and religious overtones that the Middle East does.

How about 11th century Europe?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
One reason: jews were set up by the vatican to handle money transactions, thereby putting them in the position of collection on loans. this led to the jews being viewed as greedy. They did the vatican's work and wound up being hated by everyone who had to pay back the loans they took.

Everyone needs a scapegoat. We are the chosen people. Chosen to be the global scapegoat it seems.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Because that reasoning is coming from the uniformed mind that is often under the control of sheiks.

You hit the nail on the head, there. But what about the white supremacy movement in Europe and North America? Personally I think they are fed the same way. Uninformed being raised on hate to ensure the power of those leading them.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I allways toght that were the nazis who first "declared war" on the jews but recently wile talking to a friend about it he told me that before the begining of the ww2 the International Judea boycotted the German Exports and that was the main reason for the nazis to kill Jews.

Personaly I have nothing agains Jew People, I even like some aspects of Judaism, but the way Israel is conducting his so called "self defence" is completelly exaggerated...

So, the hezbolah kidnaps two israeli soldiers and to get those soldiers they kil towsands of libanese people and leave undreds of thowsands more homeless.

We should not forget that the zionists founded israel planting bombs on british interests all over the meddle east, what i mean is that there are no innocents at the polical spheres, the innocentes are homeless and in pain on the both sides of this stupid and inumane conflict.

fred

this website talks a bit about those pre ww2 events...

www.biblestudysite.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Those are just the 1 percenters. There's always going to be odd balls who join gangs and create violence. there are always going to be those people who come from broken homes and only know bad things. I think worshiping Hitler like the Skinheads do is just providing an outlet for misfits to express themselves. Just like Satan is for the occult.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
WOW you are getting into a deep topic here Benevolent! I am interested in seeing what people think about this, however I will be surprised if this thread doesnt turn into a mud slinging fest. I hope it doesnt.

You raise some very good points. Jews have been hated throughout history. They have been blamed for plagues (myths that they poisoned wells), accused of human sacrifice, expelled from numberous countries dating all the way back to biblical days, and generally distrusted in others.

I found this source. It has an outline on anti-semitic acts throughout history. It also has some good links at the bottom.
www.answers.com...

(Note: I did not check all the facts on this site as it is quite lengthy so I cannot vouch for its accuracy on all of it)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join