It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
It is expected that the next film will involve Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann joining forces with their old enemy, Barbossa, to rescue Captain Jack Sparrow and Bootstrap Bill Turner and defeat the alliance between Davy Jones, Cutler Beckett, and new villain Sao Feng. The first fifty-six pages of an early draft of the script have leaked online. Co-writer Ted Elliot confirmed on the website KeepToTheCode.com that this is a portion of an extremely early "budget draft" of the script, and while some of the broad strokes of the story are consistent with the final version, specific events and dialogue are very rough when compared with the final film, and these pages do not reflect the final film's writing or quality. This early, rough version of the script shows Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, and Barbossa traveling to the Orient and confronting Captain Sao Feng in search of charts that lead to "World's End". Feng is captain of the red-sailed pirate ship Empress, and hosts a mysterious "dragon lady" onboard his ship. Another element of the ride is represented in this version of the script, when Will, Barbossa and their crew sails their ship; an oriental junk named Hai Peng; off the "end of the world" a huge, straight drop in the middle of the ocean, mimicking the large drops found on the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park attraction. Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl are found in Davy Jones' Locker, a kind of purgatory made up of nothing but sand and strange crabs. Will is intent on retrieving the Black Pearl as it is the only ship with the speed necessary to overtake the Flying Dutchman and therefore rescue his father Bootstrap Bill Turner. This version of the script shows that Admiral James Norrington has Davy Jones and his crew at his command, having captured his heart in the second film. Many of the rumors include Barbossa giving his life for Jack when the Kraken attacks a ship that they are on (not the Pearl).
A recent article in Empire magazine revealed a visit to the Singapore set which features in part of the movie. According to another article in Entertainment Weekly, director Gore Verbiniski, revealed a basic plot: "Piracy itself is at stake. It's like the railroad coming to the West". Verbiniski continues on to state that within the film there will be: "a conference of the world's pirate leaders and a treacherous journey to the literal ends of the earth".
Captain Sao Feng is the new villain for the Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (untitled), the sequel to the newly released Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and the second sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. He will be played by actor Chow Yun-Fat and perhaps has something to do with Asian connections of the East India Trading company mentioned in Dead Man's Chest.
Sao Feng is a captain who leads gang of supernatural Chinese pirates. He has an oriental war ship named the Empress and he will kidnap Elizabeth Swann from the Black Pearl. He may be killed when the Flying Dutchman attacks the Empress. He believes that Elizabeth is Calypso, goddess of the sea. He is based on legendary Chinese pirate Cheung Po Tsai.
- They shot around half of the film on location during the shoot for Dead Man's Chest and they've three months on soundstages from August. That suggests a good half of the film will be set indoors or on elaborate in-for-out sets.
- Mackenzie Crook's character, Ragetti, gets no closure. There's not a hint of romance to come. But his part becomes clearer and he has a couple of "important duties to carry out."
- Naomie Harris' character - who gets only two scenes in this film - is a key player next time around. *REAL SPOILERS* At this film's end she reintroduces Barbossa, brought back to life by her voodoo magic, and she confirmed our suspicions that she'll be bringing Jack back, too.
- Tom Hollander thinks Cuttler Beckett has some tricks up his sleeve for the gang in the third film.
- "Of course you'll see the Pearl again," says Mackenzie, confirming its demise in Dead Man's Chest isn't permanent.
- Nighy is unrelenting in feeling responsible for killing Jack Sparrow. But, he said, "there's always film three..." He promises Davy Jones will be much more evil next time around but sheepishly denies thoughts of a romance for him.
- Johnny and Keira will be involved in the scene with Keith Richards (if it works out) but poor Orlando Bloom won't be.
- Keira nearly spilled the beans on some great scenes in Pirates 3, but held back saying only it'd be bigger and better.
- Johnny Depp hopes that three won't be the end of it. He wants to keep Jack Sparrow going over more films, if he gets the chance.
Captain Barbossa, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann must sail off the edge of the map, navigate treachery and betrayal, and make their final alliances for one last decisive battle.
Johnny Depp has said Jack Sparrow is confronted with many separate aspects of his character in Davy Jones' Locker. Tia Dalma helps the crew to rescue Sparrow. Sparrow and Barbossa also team up with Sao Feng. According to director Gore Verbinski, "Piracy itself is at stake. It's like the railroad coming to the West. There will be a conference of the world's pirate leaders and a treacherous journey to the literal 'World's End'. The meeting is known as the Brethren of the Coast, consisting of nine pirate lords.
Concept art for the film shows an enormous water-fall, a whirlpool and a town composed of ship parts.
"In the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Will, Elizabeth and Capt'n Jack Sparrow are once again thrown together for a showdown between the fiercely independent Pirate Lords from around the world and the all powerful East India Trading Company led by the mysterious & cunning Lord Cutler Beckett. With possession of Davey Jones's chest, Beckett is now able to use Jones and his ship the Flying Dutchman to further his plans of ridding the open seas of all Pirates. In response to this growing threat, the Pirate Lords call for a secret meeting at Shipwreck Cove."
"Newly returned from the other side, Capt'n Barbossa agrees to help Will and Elizabeth rescue Jack who is now trapped in a very strange afterworld known as Davey Jones's Locker. This unlikely trio makes their way to the exotic Far East where they meet Captain Sao Feng, the Pirate Lord of Singapore, and retrieve a special map that will then show them the way to Davey Jones's Locker."