It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the U.S.A. really land on the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello I was just always well until recently with the disscussins of the moon and landing there about if it was ever true.

I know you guys here must have a genious in this area of space exploration, I was just wondering about the negative and positive sides to this.

either the USA did or did not land on the moon

[edit on 24-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yes i do believe they landed on the moon

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here ragster. THis topic has been talked about a few time's here on the ATS and needless to say, I think the majority rule's on this event actually taking place..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well the Soviet Union confirmed it...I am not sure of the method, however what greater triumph for communism would there be to proove the capitalists faked and lied about a moon landing?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well the Soviet Union confirmed it...I am not sure of the method, however what greater triumph for communism would there be to proove the capitalists faked and lied about a moon landing?

Or perhaps there was something in it for them if they said that it was true.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
the soviet union didn't need to break out and tell the world that the US didn't go to the moon, they beat the US in everythin in space, period. they were the first to put a creature in space, the first to send a sattelite to space, the first to send a human around the earth, the first to send a person around the moon, and the soviet moon program was actually due to launch a day after or before the American moon program, but some how it "exploded" or had an explosion that killed the people that were working on it. who knows, maybe the US sabotaged it. www.ufos-aliens.co.uk... check this link out it has great evidence of math and science and even Official NASA broadcast as evidence that man did not go to the moon!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And INc2006, if the US faked the moon mission, how did they possibly keep it so secretive? I mean, there are thousands who worked at NASA, and there would have been many many people involved in faking it, so how did they keep it secret? The USSR would have screamed that the USA faked it if they knew. And I guarantee you, the USSR would have known about it, especially if they knew about the Manhattan Project when there were a lot less people working on that.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This must be the worst kept secret in history, who hasn't heard of it. As for the Russians, since when have any of you known or cared what the Russians think about anything. Just because someone worked on some component of a rocket doesn't mean they have any idea whether that rocket went to the Moon, but that doesn't prevent them and all their kin from insisting it must be real. Which just demonstrates how easy it is to fool people especially when they have such an ego investment. They built a giant rocket and said we are flying to the Moon, and people do say I saw the rocket take off it must have flown to the Moon, and with people aboard, and all they saw was a rocket take off. There were no eyewitnesses on the Moon and the astronauts aren't talking.
All they did was go into low Earth orbit and return with some Lunar asteroids. Thats all they were capable of way back then at the dawn of the Space age. Even decades later despite all the technological progress NASA finds just going into low Earth orbit difficult. They are sending Robots all over the Solar system, they only sent the Lunar Lander to the Moon. Real space travel is an immense challenge where everything is difficult so it is very slow and repetative. They have been doing the same things for the past 40 years and the Space Station is the culmination of all that.
The problem is that for believers the only Moon they know of is the one they saw on TV and the only Space program they are interested in are of the scifi kind. The challenges of real Spaceflight are beyond their comprehension. Not only have they not gotten anywhere near the Moon in almost 40 years but they have done nothing comparable despite over a hundred launches of a far larger and more advanced craft. Yet we must believe they flew to the Moon in 6 years starting from their first man in orbit, then completely abandoned the most successful mission they ever had and all its technology. The only people that believe in the Man on the Moon are people that have never been to the Moon, and you know why they believe, because it says so on the internet, I kid you not, thats the kind of logic they use. Reality doesn't matter, whats important is that they believe, and if we all believe isn't it real? Whats real is your space program which is going nowhere fast and the planet that you are living on which is Earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
As already stated, this has been beaten to death, revived, and then beaten to death again... Repeatedly.

Please read through the An End to the Moon Conspiracy thread in whole before responding to it.

jra

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Looter
This must be the worst kept secret in history

The Apollo Moon landing is one of the most heavily docummented events in history. The idea of it being fake has to be one of the worst in history.

As for the Russians, since when have any of you known or cared what the Russians think about anything.

I do and the Russians are a very important factor when it comes to discussing the moon landings.

Just because someone worked on some component of a rocket doesn't mean they have any idea whether that rocket went to the Moon, but that doesn't prevent them and all their kin from insisting it must be real.

I´d think all the engineers and scientists that worked on this program would be able to tell whether or all the various systems and components would work. How would you fool nearly half a million people who worked on the program?

Which just demonstrates how easy it is to fool people especially when they have such an ego investment.

But it´s not easy to fool people, especially something on the scale of the Apollo program.

They built a giant rocket and said we are flying to the Moon, and people do say I saw the rocket take off it must have flown to the Moon, and with people aboard, and all they saw was a rocket take off. There were no eyewitnesses on the Moon and the astronauts aren't talking.

Amature radio astronomers all over the world were able to listen in on the communications from the Apollo craft. If the ship was in low Earth orbit, they would have noticed since they would have had to follow and track the craft as it orbited the Earth. Insted of just pointing towards the moon, which is what they did.

All they did was go into low Earth orbit and return with some Lunar asteroids.

Just how does one get lunar rocks in Earth orbit? And at the amount they collect. How did they get 2 meter long core samples and soil samples?

Thats all they were capable of way back then at the dawn of the Space age. Even decades later despite all the technological progress NASA finds just going into low Earth orbit difficult.

You clearly lack an understanding of how things work. You also clearly underestimate the abilities of what people in the 60´s could do. Just because NASA can´t go to the moon now doesn´t mean they didn´t before.

The Concorde was built in the 60´s yet no other supersonic passenger aircraft has been made, does that make the Concorde a fake?

The sub Trieste dived down to the deepest parts of the ocean back in the 60´s yet no sub today can dive as deep. Does that mean that was fake too?

They are sending Robots all over the Solar system, they only sent the Lunar Lander to the Moon.

They sent more than just the Lunar lander to the moon. There were a number of unmanned landers and orbiting probes sent to the moon before and after the Moon landings by both US and Russia. You need to do a lot more reading.

Real space travel is an immense challenge where everything is difficult so it is very slow and repetative.

Space travel is a challenge, but far from impossible.

The challenges of real Spaceflight are beyond their comprehension.

How can you make statement like that? Just because you may not get it, doesn´t mean other people can´t.

Not only have they not gotten anywhere near the Moon in almost 40 years but they have done nothing comparable despite over a hundred launches of a far larger and more advanced craft.

Well the shuttle is an orbiter. It doesn´t matter how much one launches it. It can´t leave orbit. NASA would have been back to the moon and they would have started building bases on the moon, but the US governement cut the funding.

Yet we must believe they flew to the Moon in 6 years starting from their first man in orbit, then completely abandoned the most successful mission they ever had and all its technology.

It was 8 years actually. And what mission was abandoned. You mean the Apollo program? It was done and NASA planned to move onto other things, like develop a space station and and an orbiter to support it. Use the space station to support lunar bases. But those plans got cut back a lot.

The only people that believe in the Man on the Moon are people that have never been to the Moon, and you know why they believe, because it says so on the internet, I kid you not, thats the kind of logic they use.

wow and...

The only people that don´t believe Man landed on the Moon are people that have never been to the Moon, and you know why they don´t believe, because it says so on the internet, I kid you not, thats the kind of logic they use.

People who believe in the moon landing have read a lot more then what some guy wrote on a website. There are these things called books. There are also these people called scientists and engineers who know a thing or two about how all this stuff works and they can explain things in great detail.

Reality doesn't matter, whats important is that they believe, and if we all believe isn't it real?

It sounds more like your describing a moon hoax believer.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yes, we landed -- and how lucky for those men who got a chance to be there. Amazing feat of engineering. Come on -- you know how gossip and half-truth goes around at your own work place - there is NO way they could have kept that secret in an organization as large as NASA.

The photos on sites like the Apollo Archive are simply too stunning and large in number to have been shot in some studio.

What else was on the moon though -- well, that is another story!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes, we did land on the moon. After reading the theories of people who claimed we didn't, and giving it serious thought, then cross referencing their claims and evidence, I decided that we definitely landed on the moon.

However, I think alot of the secrecy around it was do to the astronauts encountering extraterrestrial craft on the moon. But thats my own opinion, and subject to debate in its own right.

But yes, we definitely landed on the moon, several times.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't think Apollo 11 landed on the Moon. I wish I could say otherwise but I'm troubled by things re that and future missions. Armstrong kept a secret, but almost totally cost him his mental faculties. I lean toward FROM Launch to Moon landing being dramatized to the extent it may have been done on a built set.

May seem crazy, and I could certainly understand that thinking..but Mitchell of Apollo 14 can't recall much at all about the flight and the landing. Let alone the safe return -- OSI or another quasi DNI dept may have used some special techniques to quiet Armstrong and his crew as well as Mitchell and his crew as well. Not to mention the crews between Apollo 11 and 14 and after.
Silly thought or what?

Dallas

apc

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"Oh my gosh! No way!!" ... Im gonna kill that thing.

so what gives? why has this thread not fallen victim to the iron fist of moderation as have other previous redundant threads?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Who cares about the Russians? I doubt whether they had the time, information or patience to confirm or deny the US's moon landing beyond a resonable doubt, or that they alone are the end all be all to the confirmation of the existence. The most compelling arguement for a case of a faked moonlanding: there was no reason to land men on the moon, so why go?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nogirt
Who cares about the Russians? I doubt whether they had the time, information or patience to confirm or deny the US's moon landing beyond a resonable doubt, or that they alone are the end all be all to the confirmation of the existence. The most compelling arguement for a case of a faked moonlanding: there was no reason to land men on the moon, so why go?

because the communists were venturing into space where as we were not....gave the appearence that the communism was a superior ideology.

we had to prove them wrong

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
half a million peoploe can easily be fooled, you tell them build me a rocket with so and so requirements, they build, they see it take off, as soon as it's outside the earth, they keep in orbit for some time, and then let it crash into the ocean. i'm sure the engineers know what they're doing, but they don't know hte physics and math that makes a rocket go to the moon, so they ust follow orders. it's like a soldier, a commander tells him go over there, he does but does he know ht eintricate details of the strategy, no, but an order here an order there, and soon you'll accomplish your strategy, now the strategy in NASA at that time was to fake it not to mka eit.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow, you've never really dealt with engineers before, have you? Unless they breed them different here in Iowa, engineers are pretty universally an ornery bunch of people. They like to tinker with, and understand, things, and if something seems out of place they'll poke at it for as long as it takes to understand it.

jra

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006
half a million peoploe can easily be fooled, you tell them build me a rocket with so and so requirements, they build, they see it take off, as soon as it's outside the earth, they keep in orbit for some time, and then let it crash into the ocean.

But you´re forgetting all the people, professional and amature, who were tracking it and the communications coming from it.

The engineers and scientists can not be easily fooled.

i'm sure the engineers know what they're doing, but they don't know hte physics and math that makes a rocket go to the moon, so they ust follow orders. it's like a soldier, a commander tells him go over there, he does but does he know ht eintricate details of the strategy, no, but an order here an order there, and soon you'll accomplish your strategy, now the strategy in NASA at that time was to fake it not to mka eit.

haha what?! the engineers don´t know the physics and math to make a rocket go to the moon? That´s ridiculous. You really don´t know how things work in the aerospace industry. Engineers don´t just do what they are told. They are the ones who have to figure out problems. How to make it work. It would be easier to just go to the moon than to figure out how to fool the hundreds of thousands of people working on it, and stop the USSR from finding out it´s fake. Note that the Apollo program was an open program, nothing was classified. Compare that to the Manhatten project which was all classified and had roughly 100,000 people working on it. Russian spies were still able to find out about it. And then there is Nixon. He couldn´t keep his own secrets quiet, how could he (or anyone) keep something like faking the moon landing a secret?

top topics

join