It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
I think we can rule anything out from the site the fake Simon is posting at.

Here is one post advising that. There was another post by HUNT_ADMIN warning us not to waste time with clues from that site, just can't find it right now.

Originally posted by HUNT_ADMIN
This thread has been moved here because "mine" is the realm of Internet Gaming here on AboveTopSecret.com. Nothing more, nothing less... I assure you all this will not be moving to BTS or anywhere else.

Whatever the case, I hope we continue to discern and decipher that which is presented so the ATS Community may continue to stand as the most intelligent, Ignorance Denying Community on the web, the world over.

The only thing I can share at this point is we are very interested in this and very attentive to it. Heaven forbid some other group resolve this and claim the prize, whatever the prize is. Many others around the world are working this as well. That can only mean The Hunt Is On.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only post from HUNT_ADMIN I'm aware of, but it doesn't warn against wasting time on clues. Springer had warned about now wasting time on clues, but that post ended up being mysteriously deleted.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Originally posted by Prote
The rules of the out of sequence theories has changed (more than once). The game adapts "intelligently" based on the discussion on the thread. IMO

Then I absolutely and completely hope that no one who knows the answers comes in and gives us a hint... PLEASE DON'T GIVE US A HINT!

Thank you

A hint would come from an "insider". It is possible that there is NO answer, until they put one in. It is POSSIBLE, that the game is futile, until they "switch" the answer on or a new user or one that doesn't post much will mysteriously come up with the answer.

[edit on 24/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Here is one post advising that. There was another post by HUNT_ADMIN warning us not to waste time with clues from that site, just can't find it right now.

Kellter, Don't forget the original forum that this thread was in.

Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection

Just sayin'.......

I think that was one of our first clues..........

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm completely bored of this, yet i refuse to give up..........its Mario Kart allover again

link   
This has felt a bit like some sort of bizarre joke...

link   

The rules of the out of sequence theories has changed (more than once). The game adapts "intelligently" based on the discussion on the thread. IMO

I´ve already toght about some sort of programming, but hwo could you do that with html pages? I only know _javascript

I still think the way to figure this out is to hack the website and understand the mechanics of it...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
I'm completely bored of this, yet i refuse to give up..........its Mario Kart allover again

Gotta shave those two milliseconds off the Royal Raceway

link   

A hint would come from an "insider". It is possible that there is NO answer, until they put one in. It is POSSIBLE, that the game is futile, until they "switch" the answer on or a new user or one that doesn't post much will mysteriously come up with the answer.

I'm starting to agree that this might be the case Prote.

have also tried:
hole
pie
piehole
insidethemouth
insidethethroat
insidethroat
insidemouth
behindthemouth
oropharynx
softpalate

link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Then I absolutely and completely hope that no one who knows the answers comes in and gives us a hint... PLEASE DON'T GIVE US A HINT!

Thank you

Maybe the Game is figuring out THEIR GAME!

It's a conspiracy theory site. perhaps they want to see who goes where with their theory. Perhaps the "game" is not at all about answering the questions.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok everyone, we have 32 hours left to solve the puzzle with about 12 questions to go....

Lets get serious now..If you are not helping in the solving of this "problem," don't post at all please...

uvulopalatopharyngoplasty
where ?

Ok so we've decided this is a medical procedure and the possible answer could be where it was first performed? From en.wikipedia.org...
"Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (also known by the abbreviation UPPP) is a procedure used to decrease or remove the sound of snoring in human beings during sleep. The procedure involves removing excess tissue in the throat, widening the airway. More air is then able to pass through the airway, and snoring is usually decreased.

The procedure is used to "cure" snoring for the benefit of other people who are affected by the loud snoring of the patient. Loud snoring can cause loss of sleep in those that hear it. This procedure is also used to treat obstructive sleep apnea.

The throat tissue removed in the surgery may or may not include:

* The uvula (see uvulotomy)
* The soft palate.
* Excess throat tissue, tonsils and adenoids, and the pharynx."

I could not find however, references to the procedure actually being done. Has anyone had luck with this subject?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been talked about yet- still trying to catch up. I put in whatistodaysquestion and got error: out of sequence.

Maybe a variation of this question will work?

Ideas?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Maybe we're approaching this the wrong way. Does this word have any other significance or possibly sound like anything else? Is this word slang for anything else? Does this word have any other meanings in Latin or Greek?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Now that was an interesting post biggie!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Kellter, Don't forget the original forum that this thread was in.

Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection

Just sayin'.......

I think that was one of our first clues..........

Yes...It had to be giving use a clue saying don't be fooled by Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection. If that makes sence.

Foucus on th taks at hand nothing else.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

link   
I found somewhere on google that the procedure was first performed in paris.
I tried paris.html, and it didnt work. I did however get the whole "out of sequence" thing when i typed inyourhead.html and afteratonsilectomy.html.

link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Ok everyone, we have 32 hours left to solve the puzzle with about 12 questions to go....

Lets get serious now..If you are not helping in the solving of this "problem," don't post at all please...

where ?

OK, for a start, the clock resets when we find the nxt answer, or at least it has done so far, so its not 12.
AND, even if it is 32 hours, the point of this game is to bring the community together, and the way to do that is the copnversations inbetween.

I know for a fact that if this thread was only used to post the answers, then people would get bored quicker and leave it.

No, the interspersed conversation is perfectly fine as it keeps us entertained.
If you don't like the conversational parts, either don't read or simply try and complete the game alone.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

where ?

Ok so we've decided this is a medical procedure and the possible answer could be where it was first performed? From en.wikipedia.org...
"Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (also known by the abbreviation UPPP) is a procedure used to decrease or remove the sound of snoring in human beings during sleep. The procedure involves removing excess tissue in the throat, widening the airway. More air is then able to pass through the airway, and snoring is usually decreased.

The procedure is used to "cure" snoring for the benefit of other people who are affected by the loud snoring of the patient. Loud snoring can cause loss of sleep in those that hear it. This procedure is also used to treat obstructive sleep apnea.

The throat tissue removed in the surgery may or may not include:

* The uvula (see uvulotomy)
* The soft palate.
* Excess throat tissue, tonsils and adenoids, and the pharynx."

I could not find however, references to the procedure actually being done. Has anyone had luck with this subject?

So far we have the doctor that came up with the procedure in 1964 in Japan, and Dr. Fujita who brought it to USA in 1981. Nothing worked ... and we have as of yet been unable to find the cities the procedures were first done in.

Currently it's done at ny-presbyterian hospital at columbia university ... I tried all the addresses and street names for the university and the hospital and none of that worked either.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
On Biggies info: ...Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (also known by the abbreviation UPPP) is a procedure used to decrease or remove the sound of snoring in human beings during sleep....

I think the makers of this game need that procedure. They are falling asleep and they are starting to snore.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Maybe the entire website is a gigantic publicity campaign for uvulopalatopharyngoplasty. It's created by the National uvulopalatopharyngoplasty council, and is intended to increase sales and public knowledge of this procedure.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm taking a break for some brain food ... and maybe a nap if my sleep apnea doesn't act up

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join