It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vicarious
It was the first result when I searched "complexity is your enemy" on MSN.

Dude, I'm not buying this. It says that the page was created today and MSN only cached it yesterday.

It would be easy to rank because there is little competition for such a specific term, you just need the spider to visit. The dates are too convenient, the content of that page is convenient given messages from elsewhere. Also interesting is the use of the quotes in the search.

So that page was written, spidered by MSN AND ranked in less than a day! Smells funny.

Am I the only paranoid resident here?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Fiverz
I think we debunked that earlier today ...

Then there apparently is no logic in it.

If that is truly the case, then the answers are created at will??

I really don't think so, though.

No I posted earlier that I believe it's either a bug put it on purpose to mess with us, or just something that's in the code (if you click with a certain frequency or too many times within a certain time period it'll give you the out of sequence message).

If you notice when you put in past answers, you don't get the "ERROR" part of the message ... just "out of sequence". So it COULD be something but seeing as every single thing I've entered I've gotten both messages (after clicking a few times) I don't think there's any water to the theory.

I have been wrong in the past though ...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
"Make things as simple as possible -- but no simpler".
That was einstein!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

I have been watching and was intrigued when I saw a message mentioning something about a new question every day.

...I found it interesting when the site mentioned something about a question each day...indicates that this game is based around the daily time schedule of someone (when they get home so they can work on the next answer?) and not on finding the "final answer to everything".

could be although it said: "there will be new questionS everyday..."

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is totally out of the box but Simon is in UK so will know of cake/pie hole.

Simple simon met a pieman going to the fair.

Pie hole = Mouth/throat in UK.

Probably well off the mark but a little lesson in English culture none the less.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"simon's" new signature:

Focus on the task at hand.

That quote is on the same page as that mysterious page about java/complexity.

link   

"simon's" new signature:

Focus on the task at hand.

That quote is on the same page as that mysterious page about java/complexity.

link   
Nope, piehole gave me the error: out of sequence message.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sorry about that double post.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
hey I'm back trying to catch up. I'm reading around page 80, but I got a message on my Yahoo IM from TheFounderGray. He said to say that all the answers are set.

h h: The answer are set all 41 the site owners are not altering them
dontdoubleclick: alright, will tell everyone
dontdoubleclick: thanks

I'll be back soon. I'm still catchin up

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
"The KISS principle is a popular maxim often invoked when discussing a design process as a reminder to avoid the unnecessary complexity that can arise during the design process. The traditional expansion of this acronym is "Keep it Simple, Stupid". This is a vernacular rewording of Ockham's Razor and has its parallel in Einstein's dictum "everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.""
from wikipedia

"...Furthermore, when multiple competing theories have equal predictive powers, the principle recommends selecting those that introduce the fewest assumptions and postulate the fewest hypothetical entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood."
WIkipedia, Ockham's Razor

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Nope, piehole gave me the error: out of sequence message.

I tried pieman piehole and pie just a stab in the dark but way off I think lol sorry.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think we can rule anything out from the site the fake Simon is posting at.

Here is one post advising that. There was another post by HUNT_ADMIN warning us not to waste time with clues from that site, just can't find it right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've just joined the forum after playing the game and i found something wierd. I answered here.html to the question we are all stuck on, because the question may be referring to sleep(ie where do you sleep), and i got the "your response is out of sequence.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1
hey I'm back trying to catch up. I'm reading around page 80, but I got a message on my Yahoo IM from TheFounderGray. He said to say that all the answers are set.

h h: The answer are set all 41 the site owners are not altering them
dontdoubleclick: alright, will tell everyone
dontdoubleclick: thanks

I'll be back soon. I'm still catchin up

Remember that a couple of pages ago, Abovetopsecret.com specifically stated that the person on Hackernetwork.com, where the IM name was found, is NOT Simon Gray and has no known relationship to ATS. I think that it was trying to tell us that whoever it is TheFounderGray is, is not actually related to this. Springer also warned about people who appeared to have insider knowledge, and TheFounderGray is the perfect example of somebody fitting that description. Everybody thought that the answer to the last question would be related to the Simon Gray from Hackernetwork.com, but it turned out to be false, so theres no reason to start believing him now.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The rules of the out of sequence theories has changed (more than once). The game adapts "intelligently" based on the discussion on the thread. IMO

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
there are direct questions and questions like that where you had to spell the name of the site backwards...

I say the direct questions are the best ones ones he/she can think of (and I must say he/she doesn´t have a great imagination) the multword ones are the ones he/she make up to stall us! simple as that

I like playing these games, but in this case I think I´m being fooled...we´r being fooled...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
simplicity: piece of cake
throat/mouth: piece of cake

anyone try?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Heh, you haven't been following the thread, have you?

I really thought I was onto it when I started the above, ontop, etc. line of answers, but I'm lost, now.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
The rules of the out of sequence theories has changed (more than once). The game adapts "intelligently" based on the discussion on the thread. IMO

Then I absolutely and completely hope that no one who knows the answers comes in and gives us a hint... PLEASE DON'T GIVE US A HINT!

Thank you

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join