It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Originally posted by SFRemmy

Originally posted by derfred33

» ATS Sponsored Games & Events » the final answer to everything? (strange website)

is this game sponsored by ATS?

No one's sure. They deny that this game is connected to them in anyway, but there is quite a bit of reason to suspect they have involvement.

Basically, think what you want. It either is or it isn't.

You gotta be kidding, this game is riddled with "fiddling" all over the place. The Symon Sayze blog is disinformation, look at the choice and order of words very carefully. Am I the only one that thinks we aren't in charge of how long this takes?

Do you have any irrefutable proof this is an ATS game? That it isn't an ATS game? If you do, i'd love to see it.

Though I'm going the same train of thought as you that we aren't in control of the length of the game.

[edit on 24/7/06 by SFRemmy]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaphysician
im still here every1
just trying to keep up and DAM LOOKIT MY POINTS!!!!

anywhay

i typed in q_.html by accedent and got this
your question is blank

any1 no what that means?

tried it, says the same thing. Tried other words to see if it always says that when using underscore. Only with q so far....

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What's wierd about that though is that if you enter it in multiple times you get the same message ... with the other ones you get an out of sequence message (for instance enter in "nixon").

I wonder if that's some part of the code that has sneaked into the answers somehow.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fiverz]

link   
That's interesting the idea about the connection between Nixon and Deepthroat and now this question. I also think it's interesting that now the game is asking us to advertise the game... maybe word of mouth? or something like that?

link   
"your question is blank"
is that the new question?
and if so, why is q_ the answer to : uvulopalatopharyngoplasty...where?
metaphysician, why do u want us to look at your points?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nice find metaphysician.

q_who.html gives the answer "the developer of this site can be discovered by playing "

q_why.html gives the answer "the final answer must be known"

Haven't found anything else that works yet. I don't think this is the next question we have to work on, just a way to ask the site questions.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
one thing I know, this thread is on

» ATS Sponsored Games & Events »

look at the top of the page...

It it was misplaced there i´m sure the mods would move it to some general discussion topic...

link   

Originally posted by kegs
Nice find metaphysician.

q_who.html gives the answer "the developer of this site can be discovered by playing "

Haven't found anything else that works yet. I don't think this is the next question we have to work on, just a way to ask the site questions.

Yeah, it looks like its a special system built in to ask your own questions. Anything with the word q with a _ following, followed by a word, is considered a question, if valid.

link   
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)q_

link   
What number question are we on right now? 27 or 28 right?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It it was misplaced there i´m sure the mods would move it to some general discussion topic...

According to abovetopsecret.com and Hunt_admin, this was placed here just because it was a game, and all games on ATS go into this category. Well, this is the official explanation anyways.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Are you sure "q_" is right? For 29 is right?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nice find meta/kegs!

One thing that is wierd is that (correct me if I'm wrong) but none of the mods are playing (er, posting in this thread with help). If this was something that is truly non-ATS, wouldn't the mods want to be in on helping find the solution? If I don't come up with the answer I sure do want someone here to ... just a thought.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think we're on 29.

But I wouldn't use q_ as the answer for it just yet.

We've been told to keep it simple, and q_ would've been a desperation attempt I would think at an answer.

Then again, it could mean: Find out the q_ answer, and ask a simple question.

link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)q_

q_ isn't the answer. The q apparently stands for question, and is a way of asking questions.

www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com/q_whatistheanswer.html

"answer: the final answer will be revealed to the one worthy "

link   

Originally posted by AlienS

Originally posted by kegs
Nice find metaphysician.

Yeah, it looks like its a special system built in to ask your own questions. Anything with the word q with a _ following, followed by a word, is considered a question, if valid.

Maybe the game creator is an old programmer and q_ is a standard query command that was built into the game for us to try/find/use for help. Don't think that this is an answer, just a tool.

Opinions?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok...Got it so lets foucs on the task at hand. The "q_" thing is meant to confuse us.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

According to abovetopsecret.com and Hunt_admin, this was placed here just because it was a game, and all games on ATS go into this category. Well, this is the official explanation anyways.

Also I reiterate the point I made earlier. Originally this was in the

Deconstructing Disinformation &Deflection forum.

Take this into consideration, while seeking out clues. It seems to me that Disinfo, is in abundance here.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Bab's Uvula who?

I don't know, Babs. But I do know this - you've really let your uvula go to the dogs

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Nice find meta/kegs!

One thing that is wierd is that (correct me if I'm wrong) but none of the mods are playing (er, posting in this thread with help). If this was something that is truly non-ATS, wouldn't the mods want to be in on helping find the solution? If I don't come up with the answer I sure do want someone here to ... just a thought.

From the wording of the few posts by Staff members we have so far, the wording could be interpreted to show that ATS isn't distributing any clues, but may have created the original website. Perhaps this is just ATS's way of saying that all the answers are on the website itself, and theres no special information on ATS or Hackernetwork.com.

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join