It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
tried

imnotthirsty

no good

link   
Maybe the key to answering this one is to try and figure out why it's phrased like it is.

to drink?

It's phrased a little funny. Just by the way the question is phrased I don't think the answer is going to be a type of drink.. Maybe the answer is a reason to drink or a reason why we drink?

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
we (mechanic ) keep saying this is the hardest one yet and then we answer it in no time flat. no doubt the level part was the hardest followed by the apnea question.

this one seems so simple that it is driving us all nuts so I think we should all go down to the bar and have a beer.

raise a glass, toast the makers of this evil game and then kill them all.

mechanic I am kidding about you being the only one saying it.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I agree it's been a group thing. We wouldn't have gotten 29257 without someone suggesting to look in that thread for the uvuywekrjsadfsdfgaskdjlhfljksdf

I don't think anyone can honestly say they would have gotten this far without this thread's help.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox

Originally posted by The_Result_was

if lets say... iwin somehow im not going to give the prize to me, il lgive it to the guy i see who did the most work on this, spent the msot hours and whatnot

Then that has to go to mechanic 32.

twas what i was thinking

I agree.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
oh I could've. I actually think y'all have been holding me back.

the only thing that I was sumped on was the whole .html thing. other than that and the answers to about 38 questions, I would've rocked this beast long ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
I agree.

No, James. In case you missed it, I was more of a referee here, than anything else. I have'nt gotten one single answer by myself.

It just happens that I am not working right now, and can afford the time that I have spent here.

Thanks for your vote too, btw.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

the only thing that I was sumped on was the whole .html thing. other than that and the answers to about 38 questions, I would've rocked this beast long ago.

If you got stumped on the .html thing, when it told you exactly what to do on the first page, you wouldn't have gotten very far at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Show us your stuff. Only a couple more to go.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
im more of a director kind of guy, like say theres a group and they all have skills, but they arent able to use them, i get people to use them , dont knwo what to call it, maybe a leader, i dont know, but im that, im a smart kid, only 16, and everyone i sent the link to couldnt even figure out how to answer, it was ridiculous, the pi10 clue, someone said "is it pies 40th numbre because it says 40 in sequence and 41 is fibnal", i was dissapointed with who i know

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
sharker I have stated this time and again, I am an idiot. a complete computer illiterate and a total fool. the directions might have been clear to someone who understands a modicum of computer language. me? I know not to put my drink in the dvd tray

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharker524

If you got stumped on the .html thing, when it told you exactly what to do on the first page, you wouldn't have gotten very far at all.

if you didnt have basic computer knowledge, on how to manually type in a link and edit one, you wouldn't have gotten anywhere, usually ats'ers have BASIC computer knowledge, which includes being able to cut out a partof a url and put in a new one, if yo uget this drink one, ill change my mind

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To drink is a verb or can be used as a metaphor.

We looking at the base present tense of the verb.

Aside from the two answers that were book/movie related, the questions have been about survival, living, etc....'to drink' would seem to fit that line of thought. you need to drink to sustain life.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

link   
cat, I got the klaatu one so I'm not completely useless.

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur me? I know not to put my drink in the dvd tray

and don't let small children make 'toast" in it either.

link   

Originally posted by Sharker524

if you didnt have basic computer knowledge, on how to manually type in a link and edit one, you wouldn't have gotten anywhere, usually ats'ers have BASIC computer knowledge, which includes being able to cut out a partof a url and put in a new one, if yo uget this drink one, ill change my mind

Sorry Crakeur, I think you forgot [/end sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

sharker I have stated this time and again, I am an idiot. a complete computer illiterate and a total fool. the directions might have been clear to someone who understands a modicum of computer language. me? I know not to put my drink in the dvd tray

you dont need computer knowledge, if youve ever read a tutorial or anything [ANYTHING].html or [name].html , is quite clear, ever see your url chage when you click on something, form like index to page1,html, everyone has

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Go figure, "responsibly" doesn't work.

Never gets the job done in the real world either.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

I've been searching through metaphors for the last half hour ... no luck so far. I'd say I have a feeling that's what it is but I haven't had a right feeling yet in this game so forget that.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Any ideas on what it could be a metaphor for?

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join