It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Hi Fivers did my UVU............tag help you solve the answer? ,I f so nice one if not you did brill on that one m8

Didn't see that before ... yes it did! Thanks ... that took us awhile yesterday. Or was it the day before. I don't remember anymore haha.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Im going to put a link on my website and see if it helps any
can you guys go to my site and click on the link, maybe it will help.

www.photonmimic.com...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by imbalanced]

Hmmmm, just clicked on the link to your page and got a redirect... is that link correct?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
sounds more like photoMNimic??

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Urchin 5 analyzes traffic for one or more websites and provides accurate and easy-to-understand reports on your visitors - where they come from, how they use your site, what converts them into customers, and much more. If you have content behind a security firewall or on an intranet or internal network that prevents you from using the Google Analytics service, Urchin 5 software is for you.

This is definitely the right path.

However, I put the link up on my dummy website www.winopoly.com... and had a random person click it and the counter didn't go up. Either its slow to respond or theres a step we're missing.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Based on the posts below, I'd like to suggest that I have a solution.

Originally posted by Cutwolf

I think it was implying that the "r" stands for references. Explains both the bold and italics.

Perhaps it is how many main pages or something have the link posted on their page? Or maybe the # of unique pages directing people to the site through a reference (a link, a news article, a forum post)?

42 different sites have linked people to the page, perhaps?

I just received applause and 500 bonus points for this post. I think I'm on the right track.

Every webmaster can tell from where people are linking to their sites. I know this because I am the webmaster for a sophisticated corporate website. I believe that the numerical part of 'r42' is the actual number of external links back to the URL www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com divided by some kind of denominator (maybe 100, maybe a prime number, maybe something else).

Anyway, here's what I think will push the r42 number to the appropriate level to switch on the new round of questios:

GO TO EVERY BLOG, WEBSITE, NEWSGROUP, ETC. THAT YOU CAN AND GET THE WORD OUT THERE FOR PEOPLE TO VISIT WWW.THEFINALANSWERTOEVERYTHING.COM.

I will bet that we start to see the 'r42' begin to rapidly increase, cross the threshold that the admins are looking for and that we will see a new question.

Peace,

-CW

link   
I think that the "r" counter might be updated manually. That would explain the jump from 36 to 42, as stated earlier. Aslo would explain why results are slow, in regard to the "r" counter updating.

"patience is a virtue", one of the tags.

link   

Unless the counter is updated manually, there is something we're missing.

I put the link on my dummy webpage www.winopoly.com... and had a person who has never heard of this game before go to my page and then click the link to www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com....

The r# didn't go up.

I don't think the r# goes up by person. The number would be much higher by now if that were the case...no?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
r71 after clicking the link on photonmimic.com

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ok made a crappy banner, maybe we should click on it and see what happens. It links to the site.

71 really ?
good amybe its working, anyone have a qustion yet ?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
r71 now.........its building

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So it must be updated manually. Now that we're in that right path with linking it, its understandable that the number will go up faster.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
r71 after clicking the link on photonmimic.com

whoah!!

Now I really think it is done manually.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
oops sorry am tired

[edit on 25-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
need more people to do it in order to confirm this, does anyone else have any web space what so ever to link the this to for us to click on it ?

Here is the code for youto paste on your web site...ps: put it anywhere after the body tag. just cut and copy:

www.photonmimic.com...

crap, ats board reads it as html too, putting in code block thing....
what the hell code not showing everything ???

Final Answer

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
MAny of these traffic trackers do not provide instantaneous updating. Urchin may only update every 15 or 30 minutes, meaning that there is a lag between traffic and the number of links being posted. Stick with this, we're on the right track.

-CW

Originally posted by celticwarrior72
Based on the posts below, I'd like to suggest that I have a solution.

I think it was implying that the "r" stands for references. Explains both the bold and italics.

Perhaps it is how many main pages or something have the link posted on their page? Or maybe the # of unique pages directing people to the site through a reference (a link, a news article, a forum post)?

42 different sites have linked people to the page, perhaps?

I just received applause and 500 bonus points for this post. I think I'm on the right track.

Every webmaster can tell from where people are linking to their sites. I know this because I am the webmaster for a sophisticated corporate website. I believe that the numerical part of 'r42' is the actual number of external links back to the URL www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com divided by some kind of denominator (maybe 100, maybe a prime number, maybe something else).

Anyway, here's what I think will push the r42 number to the appropriate level to switch on the new round of questios:

GO TO EVERY BLOG, WEBSITE, NEWSGROUP, ETC. THAT YOU CAN AND GET THE WORD OUT THERE FOR PEOPLE TO VISIT WWW.THEFINALANSWERTOEVERYTHING.COM.

I will bet that we start to see the 'r42' begin to rapidly increase, cross the threshold that the admins are looking for and that we will see a new question.

Peace,

-CW

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How about myspace and highfive?

Stuff like that?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
need more people to do it in order to confirm this, does anyone else have any web space what so ever to link the this to for us to click on it ?

Here is the code for youto paste on your web site...ps: put it anywhere after the body tag. just cut and copy:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ya absolutly, myspace will probably use not a special ip but a diffrent domain, i dont know how code is reading the links, might be ips, if thats the case it will be harder, but if its "counting" links from domain name then it will be lot easier.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There was a value of 29 increase from r42 to r71. Can we safely assume that 29 unique links were put out on other domains within the last 4 hours?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Does anyone work for MTV? They have a huge screen in Time Square and if the link was on that screen for an hour it would get the website out fast

new topics

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join