It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hello everyone
Back after a good night's sleep. Where are we, any progress?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra
I know this has been discussed before but I wanna go back to it. Why is it that when you click on the icon "the final answer to everything" it takes you to page 101 TO A VERY SPECIFIC POINT on the page where someone says:
answer is "this.html" next question, "how?"

Here's what I think...
I think we are still on that stage. The answer beingtheoneworthy might take you somewhere but not to the next question.
It''s like, you say you're the one worthy and they're saying eventually, yes, when it comes to the final answer (so your answer is not completely wrong) but right now you're on question 31.
By saying you're the one worthy you're trying to jump ahead, which creates...pause for effect...
a level error. Don't rush it...(patience is a virtue)
Maybe we're still on the "how?"

If you disagree please explain the first part of my post. Why would it take you there?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Theodwra]

As far as page 101 is concerned, here's what I wrote last night. What do u guys think?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had to start over, but my timer now says ...

320511 hours, 8 minutes, and 46 seconds for correct response.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Continuing, from that post mentioned and linked the author is "mythatsabigprobe"

Lets examine the name: it is intended as "my that's a big probe"

But consider "myth, ats, a big probe"

Just drawing at straws here tring to come up with something.

sorry, mythatsabigprobe, just looking for the reason why your post is linked.

[edit on 7/25/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Alright nobody jump all over me on this one. I've been on vacation for two weeks and am just finding out about this. Can someone tell me what exactly this site is? Do we know who created it or what the point of it is? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
It seems to me the many references being made to that counter.

Springer...

Everyone, evacuate!! Admin is here!!

Trying to tell us something? I thought you guys are'nt supposed to do that. lol

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
It seems to me the many references being made to that counter.

Springer...

Why is references typed like that???

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Alright nobody jump all over me on this one. I've been on vacation for two weeks and am just finding out about this. Can someone tell me what exactly this site is? Do we know who created it or what the point of it is? Just curious.

It's an Official ATS Sponsored Game.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks. Im on track now.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've got hits from other sites onto thefinalanswertoeverything.com, but how many should I post and on how many sites?

I don't want to just join a forum and post links to this, that's spamming.

The ATS admon wpouldn't appreciate other sites doing that to them. And once people find that blog site and figure out that we need referrals to make the game go one they say "forget that, this guy is spamming', and then you get a bad reputation on sites that you have a good standing with.

If this is the way to the answer, I think it is akin to playing dirty.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I know this has been discussed before but I wanna go back to it. Why is it that when you click on the icon "the final answer to everything" it takes you to page 101 TO A VERY SPECIFIC POINT on the page where someone says:
answer is "this.html" next question, "how?"

Here's what I think...
I think we are still on that stage. The answer beingtheoneworthy might take you somewhere but not to the next question.
It''s like, you say you're the one worthy and they're saying eventually, yes, when it comes to the final answer (so your answer is not completely wrong) but right now you're on question 31.
By saying you're the one worthy you're trying to jump ahead, which creates...pause for effect...
a level error. Don't rush it...(patience is a virtue)
Maybe we're still on the "how?"

If you disagree please explain the first part of my post. Why would it take you there?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Theodwra]

As far as page 101 is concerned, here's what I wrote last night. What do u guys think?

I think you could be right here!
But what of the italicised word reference?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
These guys are hilarious. Springers post just vanished.

OMG!! he's invisible!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
perhaps the reference (r42) is something you can find via the urchin software site?

I understand little about computers, other than turning them on, kicking them and not using the disc tray for a drink holder (lesson learned).

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.google.com...

more urchin gobbeldygook

link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
These guys are hilarious. Springers post just vanished.

OMG!! he's invisible!

Yeah what is up with that. I never saw it. Humm.... think it was a hint that was not sanctioned? Very strange...very strange?

link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
I think you could be right here!
But what of the italicised word reference?

Just highlighting so my point is more clear

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It couldnt have been up for more than 10 minutes...i think that they are just trying to nudge the ones of us who are active today in the right direction

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The site is being edited in order to increase the r number. Any mathematicians here? Is r a letter used for something , you know like E=mc2 etc ? Radius? speed of sound etc etc etc?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think it was implying that the "r" stands for references. Explains both the bold and italics.

Perhaps it is how many main pages or something have the link posted on their page? Or maybe the # of unique pages directing people to the site through a reference (a link, a news article, a forum post)?

42 different sites have linked people to the page, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hang on, what did it say on the front page? The first page to do with the numbers 41 and 42? anyone got a screen dump?

oops crap typing

[edit on 25-7-2006 by BILL DOOR]

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join