It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Use your creativity we see everyday in your posts, concepts and thoughts. Spread the url far and wide but ONLY in an ETHICAL manner. We would never sanction, encourage or tolerate spamming in any form for any reason.

Collaboration is the key, word of mouth to those who would be genuinely interested who would tell others, etc...

(everthing I type is sanctioned, it just may not be visible for long.
)

Springer...

I'll just quote this incase it disappears

link   
Thanks Springer, I hoped that spamming wasn't the only way around this question.

link   
Strange double post.

Sorry.

I'll just fill this space in with something relevent then. The banners in sigs across other sites is a good idea, but will just bring traffic to the other sites. There has got to be a better way. I'm not sure how referals work, but I think they show the admin which sites their traffic is linked from, so maybe if we can get the site onto as many search engines as possible, that could be the key.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Enrikez]

link   
it was 40 and 41 I think. 40 questions or something like that and the site says the final answer to everything will be given to the one worthy.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had that feeling it was page referrals and not unique hits.

Now if it's by domain, it doesn't matter how many people post to myspace or blogspot, it won't increase that number.

We need to try new domains!!!!

That is, if I'm taking the hints correctly

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just realized I have a ton of ATS points that I don't think I had yesterday.

someone put the game site in their sig, see if that adds points.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it was 40 and 41 I think. 40 questions or something like that and the site says the final answer to everything will be given to the one worthy.

i think we need to read the exact words dude

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
no matter we still have ten questions left until the 41 total...so lets get going!

url in sig doesnt add points btw

[edit on 25-7-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess

Originally posted by Springer
Use your creativity we see everyday in your posts, concepts and thoughts. Spread the url far and wide but ONLY in an ETHICAL manner. We would never sanction, encourage or tolerate spamming in any form for any reason.

Collaboration is the key, word of mouth to those who would be genuinely interested who would tell others, etc...

(everthing I type is sanctioned, it just may not be visible for long.
)

Springer...

I'll just quote this incase it disappears

It did.

link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
I had that feeling it was page referrals and not unique hits.

Now if it's by domain, it doesn't matter how many people post to myspace or blogspot, it won't increase that number.

We need to try new domains!!!!

That is, if I'm taking the hints correctly

I'm with you. In the Urchin information there are about 20 search engines listed. If we get the site (I don't know how to get a site onto a search engine) onto those engines, there are 20 some-odd domains to add to the 'r' counter.

link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
I think it was implying that the "r" stands for references. Explains both the bold and italics.

Perhaps it is how many main pages or something have the link posted on their page? Or maybe the # of unique pages directing people to the site through a reference (a link, a news article, a forum post)?

42 different sites have linked people to the page, perhaps?

I just received applause and 500 bonus points for this post. I think I'm on the right track.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I had that feeling it was page referrals and not unique hits. Now if it's by domain, it doesn't matter how many people post to myspace or blogspot, it won't increase that number. We need to try new domains!!!!

LOL, i've been suggesting this all day long... However, other posters are correct in pointing out we shouldn't put all our egg's in one basket. It does seem like spreading the link is a crucial piece to solving the puzzle, whether that is through the extra minds it brings to our forum, or a physical trigger inside the game that must be met is anyone's guess.

Personally, I am going to go back through all of the questions and answers one last time to see if I can make out any patterns.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Im going to put a link on my website and see if it helps any
can you guys go to my site and click on the link, maybe it will help.

www.photonmimic.com...

[edit on 25-7-2006 by imbalanced]

link   

I think it was implying that the "r" stands for references. Explains both the bold and italics.

Perhaps it is how many main pages or something have the link posted on their page? Or maybe the # of unique pages directing people to the site through a reference (a link, a news article, a forum post)?

I just received applause and 500 bonus points for this post. I think I'm on the right track.

nice work

so what now, we just keep spreading the word?

link   

Okay, that tells us a bit more. We need more links to the site, let's get crackin'.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What a werid web site

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

And perhaps the magic number of unique references is 101 as indicated by where the graphic on the ATS home page point to for this thread....(page 101).

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Im going to put a link on my website and see if it helps any

Same here ... a few websites. Be sure to get people to click on the link (I'm gonna be master of the obvious ... the number will only go up if someone actually clicks on the link).

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Unless the counter is updated manually, there is something we're missing.

I put the link on my dummy webpage www.winopoly.com... and had a person who has never heard of this game before go to my page and then click the link to www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com....

The r# didn't go up.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Okay, this seems to be taking a turn in the right direction. Now we need to see some results. Could take a little while.

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join