It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush will be keeping an election promise today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Stem cell research is good science but Embryonic Stem cells should be off limits. The people that elected GWB want it this way because of deep rooted moral beliefs. I would be a fool to say that people cannot be treated effectivly this way.

Look at Don Ho!
www.usatoday.com...

But the doctors that helped him used Mr. Ho's stem cells and not that of another human. Non-embryonic stem cell treatments seemed to work very well for the aging entertainer. The Senate passed this bill and when it arrives on the Presidents desk it will more than likely be vetoed.

edited for spacing, easier to read

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
The people that elected GWB want it this way because of deep rooted moral beliefs.

You're confusing "deep rooted moral belief" with another attempt by the NWO to stifle scientific progress in order to keep mankind in the dark.

Peace

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
*snort*

How about 2 birds with 1 stone? The 2 ideas are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The moral view I was thinking of is that supporters of Bush don't want another reason for abortion to occure. We know that we will never stop it but to slow it down and stop government funding would be a great start!

Peace Dr

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
*snort*

What do you mean "mutually exclusive"?

Peace jlc163

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Bush doesn't care about this. He's just tryint to appease the naive american christians.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Originally posted by jlc163
*snort*

What do you mean "mutually exclusive"?

Peace jlc163

Think about Vaccines made from certain diseases. Cow Pox (or whatever it was) that was the vaccine for Small Pox. You're not supposed to be able to be infected by both. They are mutually (both) exclusive (cannot successfully exist in the same host).

Having Big Brother clandestinely hold back science in no way threatens the idea of vetoing some work of science from a moralistic standpoint. Hell, maybe the witholding of science is to hopefully keep man more moral. It wouldn't be unlike the government to tell me how to raise my child, so why can't they tell me what to morally do with my fetuses? This is a rather minor concept....maybe not as clearly correlated, but rather obvious, nonetheless.

Honestly, Government is jsut that. Moral codes held as the basic standard, written into laws which the governing body enforces. Government wouldn't work without some partial "Big Brother"ing. Most of it's not a conspiracy, it's done right in your face, so you can, supposedly, hold it in check.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by jlc163]

[edit on 19-7-2006 by jlc163]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
Bush doesn't care about this. He's just tryint to appease the naive american christians.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Peyres]

His thinking is that he will be keeping a very important promise to his voters....

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Somehow I think it's more to do with the health care industry using the techniques derived from the research than any moralistic values. And who's paying.

When Big Pharma catches up with new drugs that are necessary to go along with the treatment, then we'll see them singing a different tune? But first the Insurance industry will have a big say on what treatments can be covered.

But for now, it's a wonderful wedge issue and the big news will be Jr. using his first veto in office.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here's how they voted folks (Click on Democrat or Republican to expand voting catagory at bottom of this page):

And these are the Republicans who voted FOR the bill. Note Bill Frisk, Orin Hatch, Arlen Specter, Trent Lott, John McCain...

Republican -- Yes

Lamar Alexander, Robert Bennett, Richard Burr, Lincoln Chafee, Thad Cochran, Susan Collins, Bill Frist, Judd Gregg, Orrin Hatch, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Trent Lott, Richard Lugar, John McCain, Lisa Murkowski, Gordon Smith, Olympia Snowe, Arlen Specter, Ted Stevens, John Warner

--bailing on Jr. or they knew this would never make it after the veto?

top topics

join