It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no sonic booms from UFOs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Check out the Naudin pages. He's been working on this for some years now and is gradually getting some recognition. Also, others have made "flyers" to his designs and they work.

Electrogravitics was being investigated in the fifties... and then it went all quiet. This could be because it was going nowhere... but my money's on it being because the US government (and probably others) took it "black". Just like another field, that of "quasicrystals", which may well have applications in the field of making objects optically invisible.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Check out the Naudin pages. He's been working on this for some years now and is gradually getting some recognition. Also, others have made "flyers" to his designs and they work.

Forget it Rich23... nothing short of a H-bomb dropped in their lap is going to wake em up
. BTW did you see the video where they added the altitude control? That was pretty amazing... and just by adjusting the voltage

Seems the universe really does prefer simplicity

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Oh well... I tried.

Didn't see the video you mentioned. Is it on the Naudin site?

And (a little off-topic, I know) did you ever see the Fouchemedia site on the TR3-B Manta? That had some interesting stuff and made me dig around on the quasicrystal topic. It's supposed to be the US retro-engineered flying triangle and the outer skin has a quasicrystal layer that's supposed to make it all but invisible as needed. It was a really cool site but, as so often happens with these things, it got taken down and now all you can find are bits of it copied to different places on the web.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Rich, I'm going to check out the names you mentioned, and then sit down with some old books.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Rich, I'm going to check out the names you mentioned, and then sit down with some old books.

The links are back just a few posts.

To Rich23... I will find the video I am sure it was from one of his pages. He has so much stuff a little cluttered in there. I will post in on my website when I find it.

Never heard about that, now I will have to hunt the fragments too

Edited to add link to video

HERE IT IS FROM JLN LABS

[edit on 29-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.

That's such a great site, and there's so much on it... it's really interesting that the vortex technology stuff is starting to take off. I used to dismiss all the Nazi UFO claims as rubbish but now I'm starting to reconsider. Life is a wonderful thing... you think you know about stuff and then, bam! You have to reconsider everything you thnk you know.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
Now I know there has been studies on ati-gravitational applications from the past, and possibly happening right now, But the fact that you mentioned "Low frequency Resonation" really knock's me out of my sock's. It has been a known possibility of achieving an "Anti-gravitational" state, there are no kept record's of the success, but I do believe that this did occur back in the 1930's or so.
The other thing that gets my attention to your statement is the part about the "Hull Design" theory, which has been mentioned by me way at the beginning of this thread, but people , not all of them, had failed to grip this hypothesis and the knowledge of our generalized physic's of how a "Sonic Boom" has to occur.

Shame on you for saying there is no "kept record". I might have to take away your research license...

Seems no one caught ont o Rich23's post on the same page you say this on.

I'm really surprised that with all the references to the Naudin page, no-one has come across this.

Yes I know the link is small, but then it was for true researchers to find

Just go LOOK AT IT

Any why should a pilot not be interested in UFO's? Seems like every pilot would want to test one of THOSE babies out... hmmmm on second thought maybe he is a "ex-pilot" because he HAS

Originally posted by 10810
As an ex-pilot having studied supersonic flight I can tell you that the only reason for the sonic boom is because the air can not move out of the way at high speed....

Very well put, sir and it applies to ANY craft moving through the air whether Teran or Alien... so its only reasonable to assume what works for our steath industry would also work on UFO's

Next question please?

I would like your comments on this

Seeing as no one actually ever clicks on links in here :shk:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Now please try to keep this to yourself OK? This is all very hush hush

Okay No problem besides you and maybe one other
no one reads anyway. I am sticking to that story

But thanks for the link,,, thats one I didn't have in the data base.

Cool its all free to redistribute too... [guess that means no REAL top secret stuff]

Not true. Astynax and I both tried to point out the serious problems with the JLN stuff…

True about the limitations, but its the principal that counts. And the fact that people without hugh corporate grants and government funding are attempting to solve the problems and making some head way, is important. You have to start somewhere. A theory is now a working model, no matter what the current limitations. Mankind has always had the ability to take a simple idea and work with it to get truely amazing results.

Can you honestly tell me that the "big boys" are not following the same research and probably are much further ahead?

What he was trying to tell you is these “lifters” are useless as anything other than a neat high school science project or magic trick. They can barely “lift” their own weight much less carry the extremely heavy high voltage power supply needed for free (untethered) flight… and even if you could make a power supply light enough there’s the even bigger problem that a electrical connection to ground (Earth) must be maintained for it to work. That would have to be an awfully long wire.

For hundreds of years innovative thinkers, dreamers and inventors have had to endure ridicule and sensorship from their peers and colleagues because they dared to think and experiment "outside the box". Yet most of our major discoveries and advances have come from just such people and NOT main stream science.

Now with the advent of chat rooms discussion threads and blogs every armchair critic out there gets to add their opinions. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, but forgive me if I will listen to the free thinkers

Now please do us all a favor and stop spreading this disinformation and psuedo-science and go check out the link I posted earlier for some real clues…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sheesh...

Oh I see your answer is to send me to a post that advocates purchasing a book of someone elses opinion for $15.95. And that person is merely voicing his opinion as he has no degree to back it up

And you insultingly accuse me of spreading disinformation?

:shk: Poor Lemming

[edit on 9-8-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Maybe the do it very high in the sky and not at low altitud.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No, I was trying to better inform you. Don't worry, I won't make that mistake again.

Now now play nice

I promise I won't tease you anymore

I already added both your info links to my site... the military and the book.

And yes i know about that JLN link. Rich23 posted one about the Northrop stuff awhile back in here... the experiment with the wing and low sonic boom...

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If this isn't proof of our government messing with Alien Tech I don't know what is

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If you are searching for UFO technology, find the documentary [HST] UFO Files - Alien Engineering. Is well explained.

Alien Engineering part 1 and 2

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amon_Ra
If you are searching for UFO technology, find the documentary [HST] UFO Files - Alien Engineering. Is well explained.

Oh yes seeking Alien tech is ONE of our goals...

building it MAY be another... but I can't talk about that

Thanks for the link I will post it at pegasus

BTW nice avatar!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amon_Ra

History Channel.... cute... good for a look see and play what if... but I want the REAL tech files.....
patents drawings that sort of stuff.. I already have the titanium for the hull... got a pretty good drive concept... could REALLY use an inertia damper though

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
of course an aircraft can move through the atmosphere faster than the speed of sound with no sonic boom. humans just don't understand how to do that in 2006.

i laugh at any suggestion that physics does not allow it. human physics is pretty incomplete i would say. aliens with even a 1000 year head start, and equal brainpower, would have dramatically better physics than humans. science is slow, and generally advances physics in jumps, not incrementally. every jump enables technology that is almost magic compared to technology from the previous jump.

technology on the other hand improves rapidly and in increments. it may not even require another jump in human physics for human technology to defeat the sonic boom. technology might defeat that before the large hadron collider starts answering more questions about subatomic particles and string math.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
When an airplane travels through the air, it produces sound waves. If the plane is traveling slower than the speed of sound (the speed of sound varies, but 700 mph is typical through air), then sound waves can propagate ahead of the plane. If the plane breaks the sound barrier and flies faster than the speed of sound, it produces a sonic boom when it flies past. The boom is the "wake" of the plane's sound waves. All of the sound waves that would have normally propagated ahead of the plane are combined together so at first you hear nothing, and then you hear the boom they create.

So... if there is NO sound then it is logical there are/were no sound waves and therefore, no sound and thus NO SONIC BOOM.

Simple? I think so. Just 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There is a 9 page discussion of this issue in the Condon Report, which includes a summary of the basic physics involved. See:

ncas.sawco.com...

The link above is to the Condon Report (i.e. the “Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects”, Edward U Condon (Director) and Daniel S Gillmor (Editor) (1969)) at pages 1146-1155 (in Section 6, Chapter 6 “Sonic Boom”, by William Blumen) of the uncorrected version submitted to the Air Force (with the same page numbering in the 3 volume paperbound edition distributed by the National Technical Information Service, US Department of Commerce), at pages 717-723 of the Vision hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Bantam paperback edition). The first of these editions has the same page numbering as the edition available free online at the following links:
ncas.sawco.com...
www.project1947.com...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 89123
of course an aircraft can move through the atmosphere faster than the speed of sound with no sonic boom. humans just don't understand how to do that in 2006.

i laugh at any suggestion that physics does not allow it. human physics is pretty incomplete i would say. aliens with even a 1000 year head start, and equal brainpower, would have dramatically better physics than humans. science is slow, and generally advances physics in jumps, not incrementally. every jump enables technology that is almost magic compared to technology from the previous jump.

What I laugh at is people who don't believe humans are capable of figuring this out, yet those same people believe we CAN reverse engineer "Alien" Space Ships and use that technology

I and others have posted numerous links and info on just that with direct links to the Air Forse research labs where they publically show you how far they are advance in these matters, especially the plasma drive. No I won't repost that link...its right here in this thread

We have been working on stuff like this since 1930's. People are doing small scale experiments in the garage based on this. Yes of course the government has to keep the lid on it. This tech is dangerous! Never mind a terrorist... someone "tinkering" could litereally wipe out the world...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
So... if there is NO sound then it is logical there are/were no sound waves and therefore, no sound and thus NO SONIC BOOM.

Simple? I think so. Just 2 cents.

Thats worth at least a buck and a quarter

Simple clear to the point...

"if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one to hear it, does it make a sound?"

No only a sound wave...there has to be an ear to record and translate the wave into a sound.

plasma technology will move the air out of the way so to speak and there by eliminating the sound wave. BTW that plane is a triangle with no aelerons

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Thats worth at least a buck and a quarter

Simple clear to the point...

Thanks zorgon. I will take the buck 25. Hell, i would settle this for a buck

[edit on 18/8/2006 by shearder]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join