It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no sonic booms from UFOs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Now please try to keep this to yourself OK? This is all very hush hush

LOL I told you not to worry they can't even go back one page...

Besides, the forces generated are tiny and -- very serious objection -- you have to create an electrostatic field around the object you want to lift.

Precisely so the bigger the field, the more power you need hence the need for new enerdgy tech that will provide that power in a small package. [hopefully NOT with nuclear tech]

What he was trying to tell you is these “lifters” are useless as anything other than a neat high school science project or magic trick. They can barely “lift” their own weight much less carry the extremely heavy high voltage power supply needed for free (untethered) flight… and even if you could make a power supply light enough there’s the even bigger problem that a electrical connection to ground (Earth) must be maintained for it to work. That would have to be an awfully long wire.

Sigh true that those are lab models, but your own link to the plasma drive by the AFRL should show you something, after all JLN devotes many pages to that very concept AND the sonic boom dispersal tests on the wing. They are not theory, they are fact that as you say any school science class could duplicate... which means that BIG labs and the government can do it on a grander scale. Don't foget that a plasma stream acts as a liquid as does air....

You would not need a wire if your portable source was strong enough, just a di-electric hull design.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ha, I answered this before. I'll keep it on the easy side this time.

The photos or videos of ufos are always blurry indicating movement of
the air around the craft.

I'd say if the ufo picture is clear, then its not a picture of a ufo.

So by magnetic means or otherwise, the air is moved so no boom is heard.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

LOL so have I no one listens.... Tesla effect Just go back to previous page in this thread look for the plasma driven triangular plane from the Air Force Research Lab. They also have a really nice demo of flexable wing tech

Oh and seeing your name... you interested in finding a place that has all Tesla notes and patents? Maybe?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

LOL so have I no one listens.... Tesla effect Just go back to previous page in this thread look for the plasma driven triangular plane from the Air Force Research Lab. They also have a really nice demo of flexable wing tech

Oh and seeing your name... you interested in finding a place that has all Tesla notes and patents? Maybe?

Yeah I recognize your postings, thanks for suggestions on my numerical
expositions. If I knew how to put it together I might submit something.

I have something on the radial magnetic field, straight lines, generating circular
current: fits nicely into those circles of lightning on the floor of the triangle
craft, where Tesla flat coils might be positioned. I found that vortex everyone
talks about. slope of line = y/x orthogonal = -x/y = dy/dx ydy + xdx =0
y^2 + x^2 = radius^2

I like to explain in my home grown theory, but if plasma is what you call the
bright lightning circles, lightning would be the same thing and more connected
with Tesla who made man made lightning and claimed to make one million
volt ac high frequency lightning.

If I explain things the 'old' way I can point to something known like the Tesla
flat coil.

Those triangle craft due show up, quite nice. But on many single coil craft I
found light diaplays that mimic flat surface vibrations.
www.du.edu...

Thats another numeric endevor perhaps with some examples from
videos.

I'll have to go back and check your posts, I breeze by the post on long topics
and think of something to contribute.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'll have to go back and check your posts, I breeze by the post on long topics
and think of something to contribute.

Yeah so do I at times

But just so you know I found a great site in Hungary that has all Tesla's papers

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
If a UFO accelerates and vanishes almost instantly out of sight wouldnt there be a sonic boom from such acceleration?

No. Because the UFOs don't emit such a noise to generate sonic boom. Its material is also unknown, surely not stg metallic, therefore nothing to vibrate in order to have that boom.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thymus
UFOs don't emit such a noise to generate sonic boom.

Um, sonic booms have _nothing_ to do with the sounds emitted by an object.

See the extract from the Condon Report that I referred to above for a lesson in the basic physics involved in relation to sonic booms (plus a discussion of sonic booms specifically in the context of UFO reports).

That link, once again, was:

ncas.sawco.com...

Isaac

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thymus

No. Because the UFOs don't emit such a noise to generate sonic boom. Its material is also unknown, surely not stg metallic, therefore nothing to vibrate in order to have that boom.

So your saying the noise of a UFO makes the sonic boom? And just what noise would you emit to make a sonic boom?

And the hull is a non vibrating material? So what you mean is that to make a sonic boom... your craft would first have to make a noise... then vibrate... THEN you get the boom?

Can you show me some papers on this?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
Hi Zorgon, I think you may have misunderstood that a little.

Me no mistake nothing... is called trying to wake up people to actually go look. No one challenged it as no one looked...

You don't count because you posted it

I mean the fact that they are talking plasma and aircraft in the same paragraph ought to count for something here...

That Condom report is old out of date and was wrong then too. Its in my files right next to Project Blue Book... Why look at debunk studies when links like the AFRL one gets you the real dope? Los Alamos National Laboratory has over 3,000 current research physics papers available showing what they are working on and how far they have gotten. Pretty amazing stuff..

Yes it IS a government website, and yes they DO track visitors... don't forget these are the guys who made the bomb... but then none of you have anything to hide right?

To Access denied...

If you have anymore great links by all means pass them on... Pegasus's collection is growing rapidly... Personal articles are also accepted... if constructive..

[edit on 21-8-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amon_Ra
If you are searching for UFO technology, find the documentary [HST] UFO Files - Alien Engineering. Is well explained.

Alien Engineering part 1 and 2

History Channel.... cute... good for a look see and play what if... but I want the REAL tech files.....
patents drawings that sort of stuff.. I already have the titanium for the hull... got a pretty good drive concept... could REALLY use an inertia damper though

Ohyes, you reminded me something...just a min........... I had PDF document somewhere named 100 patents to build a UFO or something like that!

Search for a file : USA UFO patents collection (over 100 ideas on how to build a flying saucer)

This is an example on how they looks like:

I have tons of stuff like this! I hope that Philip Corso Jr. is going to release original scientist's and father's notes on the Web. Col.Philip Corso worked as Chief of the Army's Foreign Technology Division in 1961. He engaged a group of scientists to reverse engeneer the Roswel Craft (Corona, 4. July 1957). Col.Corso left tons of scientific papers to his son.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ohyes, you reminded me something...just a min........... I had PDF document somewhere named 100 patents to build a UFO or something like that!

Search for a file : USA UFO patents collection (over 100 ideas on how to build a flying saucer)

Will do!

We could use you at Pegasus... especially if you have tons of stuff

And your avatar gives you the right credentials
Drop by and see us... maybe you can add to the research..Pegasus

Its a work in progress... we have many more files not posted yet but they are waiting to be completed or permissions etc...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Observe the typical alien abduction story: The aliens come in through the person's walls and carry them out, through the walls. If they aren't hitting the walls they probably aren't hitting the air as well.

If an object's electromagnetic resonance is increased to a speed equal to light relative to our resonance level (which is around 3.5 to 7.5 Hz), the object takes on the properties of light and will transmit through a normal object the way optical light transmits through a window, or appropriately, air molecules. I honestly have no way of testing this, but it's covered in a few of Einstein's relativity theories, and the aliens are constantly talking about waveforms and light in regards to their ships - it's a simple fact that the ships give off light, become invisible, and use electromagnetic fielding to move; all traits related to light.

The physics behind this are seen when you touch a wall; your hand's atoms aren't resting against the wall's atoms - they're reflecting off the wall's atoms over and over to keep your hand in place. Against any surface, some atoms will be reflected, some will be absorbed, and some will transmit. If your atoms are too high-resonance or low-resonance for the wall to absorb or reflect, they'll mostly be transmitted through.

(Sorry if this is redundant. I read through a lot of the thread but couldn't read it all)

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Will do!

We could use you at Pegasus... especially if you have tons of stuff

And your avatar gives you the right credentials
Drop by and see us... maybe you can add to the research..Pegasus

Its a work in progress... we have many more files not posted yet but they are waiting to be completed or permissions etc...

Oh Thanks for my Avatar...I love Egyptian Mythology and their teachings/doctrines. I'd like to achieve control over my PSI abilities.

I checked your webpage. What kind of project is Pegasus? Is this some sort of Masonic order?
looks interesting!

Did you find the file i mentioned?

Here it is! 100 patents

I have some 700mb of pdf, text files related to UFO's and intelligence stuff.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Its the speed of sound MACH ONE that is exceeded that makes the boom.

The air can't take the flow and makes the sound, so the plane flys in the
upper thiner air to avoid the boom.

Its a shock wave.

UFOs, if I have been correctly observant, change the air and molecules around
it to who knows what. I saw the bright circular light is akin to a lightning effect,
but why do people who take pictures say there is little sound.

That might discount my theory of a Tesla flat coil on the floor but I'm sticking
to it. I found many patents referencing the coil for it power for a plasma
generartor but no one says its use is for aircraft flight.

If years from now we find out, remember my post and claim a use patent.
Thus we can all claim billions and billions of dollars (pinky finger by lip) for patented use of any future claim.

The patent office says it will do a wikipedia (wickedpeda ?) approach to
patents in the future. Don't try to claim you will get turned down.
I put up an electrical force post and said it was an original work, thats good
news for me. Wait till the crafts become common enough for inspection.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If Paul R Hill (1909-1990) is correct in his book... The same gravity control device which propells the ufo could also be used to effectively make an air control sytem. That is, instead of ramming against air molecules at mach1,2,3 like we do, they slow the incoming air molecules and divert them in the most physically efficient way possible. This would eliminate the "bow shockwave" which causes terrestrial vehicles to make the sonic boom.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
It's acceleration we feel, not constant motion in a straight line.

Quite true, but I don't quite agree that nothing goes faster than light...

What is known about tachyons, theoretical particles that travel faster than light and move backward in time?

"We are beginning an experiment at Berkeley to detect tachyon-like quasiparticles. There are strong scientific reasons to believe that such quasiparticles really exist, because Maxwell's equations, when coupled to inverted atomic media, lead inexorably to tachyon-like solutions.

"Quantum optical effects can produce a different kind of 'faster than light' effect (see "Faster than light?" by R. Y. Chiao, P. G. Kwiat, and A. M. Steinberg in Scientific American, August 1993). There are actually two different kinds of 'faster-than-light' effects that we have found in quantum optics experiments. (The tachyon-like quasiparticle in inverted media described above is yet a third kind of faster-than-light effect.)

There is no mass to a magnetic field or to a current in air, aether, or vacuume and
they exert a force F = i X B, whats better than that, known for 100 years now.

Only problem, you need some coils to make 15,000 to 50,000 volts ac.

Zorgon I did not see that Air Force craft link yet, I saw some alieron stream
but not triangle craft. Is the AF triangle like the UFO with lights at the apexes?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In my opinion, the UFO's are within self-contained environment. The frequency is different then the space arround it. In some cases they look like a ball of light, but infact there could well be a mother ship without even noticed it. This is maybe some sort of a "field dencity device".
Another option, UFO's use an Anti-gravity device. We know that Gravity bends or distorts space/time. I assume, there could not be a sonic bum involved?

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Update.....

Depends if the UFO is electrical... I also have a new idea on
how it achieves suspension and propulsion, but first sonic boom.

Yes its highly ionized air..... so its not air any more....
the reason the high flier UFO has no sonic boom......
the particles repel one another.... the reason the trail drifts apart...
but the loud clap of a sonic boom is from the air coming back together...
which can't happen if the air is not air any more but ions that repel one another...

The craft works on electrical momentum , free energy from the dark
matter formerly called ether, Tesla beats Einstein any time.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
I'm really surprised that with all the references to the Naudin page, no-one has come across this.

It's a page that suggests that the turbulence that causes sonic booms is smoothed out by the electrogravitic effect.

This, gentle threadfolk, suggests an answer to the question posed by the original poster but let's not make too much of a song and dance about that.

I haven't been to Naudin's site for ages -thanks for the links - and he has been one busy boy. I'm wondering if he hasn't started to get funds from the French government.

I also think that we need to be clear on what the various proposed propulsion systems are for UFOs, all of which are, shall we say, controversial, and any or all of which could apply to UFOs or even certain terrestrial airframes.

There's electrogravitics, and the consequences of the Bifield-Brown effect.

There's the Lazar/Element 115 "gravity amplifier" type.

There's also the Podletnkov/electrogravitic effect where a rotating superconductor appears to cancel gravity and/or inertia. This would allow the occupants of such a craft to withstand what would appear to us to be massive accelerations and decelerations, and is allegedly the best bit of the TRB-3 Manta "flying triangle".

As for the idea that nothing can travel faster than light, I don't buy it because I think it comes from the same kind of reasoning that drove respected scientists to say that people wouldn't be able to breathe on speeding trains as all the air would be sucked out of them. We have been doing what we laughingly refer to as "proper science" for barely 150 years, and the arrogance of assuming that we really know anything about anything is quite breathtaking.

Mind you, that Astyanax bloke knows everything, don't he?

And if anyone would like to ponder how they would navigate around the galaxy at relativistic speeds, they will find the answer in the somewhat erratic The Talk Of The Galaxy by the estimable Paul LaViolette. It involves using the rate at which pulsars slow down as a reference.

Why don't the alien starship's, that have been noted to travel up to 5,000 mph, in our atmosphere create sonic booms?

"Several laboratories around the world are working on 2-D analogues of black holes. For example, a fluid flowing faster than the speed of sound produces a sonic event horizon from which sound waves cannot escape. Experimenter's have also built 2-D black holes using electromagnetic waves confined to surfaces. Such analogues should also exhibit a quantum glow in much the same way a black hole does." [see: Quantum Gravity in Flatland, by Steven Carlip, Scientific American, April 2012.]

This article, seems to hit the nail on the head, as to why alien starship's do not create sonic boom's past the speed of sound. The alien starship.... must incorporate some kind of event horizon surrounding the craft, where not even sound can escape from it.

Based on my theory of space alien starship propulsion ---- from some of my previous post's on ATS --- might give some credence too my speculation --- that the other-worlder's use a bottom plated hull, on their saucer, that has a refined dust infused black hole particle photon engine.

This photon engine on the starship --- not only creates a event horizon, so that no light photon's can escape from the event horizon, but only to be later ejected from the starship thruster's; in order to create thrust ---- The sound waves are also captured by the magnetic event horizon, and dissipated by the saucer's fiery fusion plasma glow.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 29-3-2012 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 29-3-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 29-3-2012 by Erno86 because: deleted a couple of words

edit on 29-3-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 29-3-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 29-3-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A member earlier in the thread was discussing how UFOs traveled in a self-contained bubble in order to negate the effects of the sonic boom. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: the Alcubierre Drive: en.wikipedia.org... For those who do not wish to read the link, I'll give you a brief description. An Alcubierre drive is one that, without contradicting Einstein's theory of General Relativity, would allow (in theory) a spaceship to travel faster than light, by manipulating the spacetime continuum relative to the spaceship, not the other way around. This would all occur without harm to the ship's occupants, because a localized "bubble" of sorts would remain constant with the ship, therefore ensuring the intactness of both General Relativity and occupants. Not to say that this is how aliens travel and that NASA has been reverse engineering them, I'm not quite all the way there on that particular theory, but it does make for interesting discussion, no? Especially since this is a theory that matches some of their performance, and is backed by valid physics.

Also, a secondary theory: We (humans) have decided that the best way to punch through the sky at rapid speeds is with something of a wedge shape. Due to the laws of aerodynamics, this shape actually is woefully inefficient, causing all sorts of problems, both near, and at, the speed of sound. It really is only a slight step up from the blunt-nosed, straight wing planes that would experience hydraulic failure back in the 40s and 50s as they approached sonic speed. My theory is this: What if the aliens have (and it's likely that they could) discovered a much more advanced method of atmospheric travel? Without any sort of fancy time-manipulating drives? What if, they can simply travel through the air so smoothly that the transition from sub- to supersonic is accomplished WITHOUT any boom?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join