It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no sonic booms from UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Talk about timing...

Cappuccio said the company is also exploring technologies to enable low boom, supersonic flight over land and global reach.

Skunkworks reveals secret UAV

LOCKHEED MARTIN'S SKUNK WORKS REVEALS HIGH ALTITUDE UNMANNED SYSTEM

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Doesn't that really resmble an alien craft? WOW!! Tech is going for the gold, I couldn't find a profile of it but I can say with out doubt, "It is truly Space age!!" for sure. It's got quite the capabilities as well, not to mention surface flow control and flight cap's of the original drawing table's that were mentioned in the "Board room's" of the Big wigs!!

Nice find Zorgon, Look's as if we have the potential capabilities of avoiding the "Sonic Boom" theory!!!

I think you can call this post, "Proof Positive!!"

Here's a pic of the craft:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's my thinking:

Not only should there be a sonic boom from acceleration past the sound barrier, but there should be a second boom if they just instantly disappear by ceasing to exist in this dimension---there should be a pop as air rushes in to fill the vacuum created by the instantaneous disappearance of the UFO.

But, in my own extensive reading on the subject, spanning nearly 30 years, plus hundreds of hours of personal dark-sky observation, this has not been reported.

This points to the probability that UFO's are not physical objects with a sustained material existence in our world.

Now, that could mean a number of things:

-UFO's are mistaken identifications of lights, cloud formations, the planet venus, i.e. the "usual suspects."

- UFO's are devices that really do pop into and out of existence in our universe, and are only material objects for a few seconds or so at a time.

-The UFO encounter is more of a psycho-spiritual experience, rather than a simple narrative of phenomenal events.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Seem's to me that this is all new tch. for us. Don't think you can explain away all of the sighting's with no sonic boom's before this for our Technology.

As I said, NASA looked at it, and rejected it, with no substantive
critique or description of why it would not work, except that we got
the impression that they considered shock waves to be some sort of law
of nature.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well NASA needs to pull up there pants. At least they finally got the shuttles running again. If they don't wise up they [we] will be left behind. Look up a couple other threads I have, like the Pizza Hut one...

Nasa won't even allow the astronauts to advertise products, so all that money goes to Russia

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Doing a google search for sonic booms on the UFO reporting website nuforc.org brings up a small number of reports that include UFO sightings with sonic booms.

As for why a majority of UFO sightings with fast moving objects do not include reports of sonic booms, then I can only imagine the objects fly in a method that does not disturb the gaseous atmosphere that surrounds them. Though I am far more interested in other aspects of these objects than their atmosphere defying features. Their origins mostly.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yeah, There tends to be gap's in our logical point's of view's both in politic's and innovation's to better the future of posible stellar or planetary expeditions for the technologies nesseccary for the venture, and that is too bad. I really believe that if we (The USA) startede dumpnig the needed attention to our endeavour of space travel, we would rewrite the book on the our whole physic's belief system.

Regardless, here's a little more and more recent experiment dealing with the "Sonic Boom" theory, and it looks as if they are on the threshold of eliminating it totally, or at least to the point of being basically unaudible by some one on the ground.

In 1996, Seebass (by then a professor at the University of Colorado) analyzed the sonic-boom signature of an SBJ. His analysis showed that it was possible to achieve a peak overpressure of less than 0.45 lbs/ft2 and that such a low boom aircraft "could be certified to fly over land at supersonic speeds."

Source:

www.stratmag.com...

Here's how it all work's for the compression of the sonic boom created by the sub and super sonic aircraft's:

www-sop.inria.fr...

A little more technology of this from France:

www-sop.inria.fr...

Even intergrating the technology in business jet's now too:

www-sop.inria.fr...

this is a picture of the passenger version, kind of small pic, but it is all I could find dealing withthis particular subject:

So, As far as possible "Alien Craft" not having a "Sonic Boom" it look's as if it is an application of our future of Aero-technologie's..
Hope this helped Lecter?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Imo this is the best ufo thread ever.Onyy a top secret engineer working in reverse engineering tech can explain this.Can bob lazaar explain this?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn

Science tells us ? Yes the science that we have learnt on Earth...

Yeah, that point always gets to me in these types of conversations! How people think that the rest of the universe has to be the same as earth. (not that i'm implying that's what the original posters were saying, I did understand what you were getting at)

But yeah, I was watching some TV program the other day where some scientist was saying that if there was life on other planets, then the planet would have to have pretty much the same conditions as Earth. And I was like
? Surely life would have just adapted to the conditions on their own planet, it has nothing to do with ours!

Yeah I know i'm straying a bit off-subject lol but it just reminded me of it, and I totally believe that UFOs could use technology that's just unaffected by Earth physics, whether they know it or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What about the physics of Unidentified Submergerd Objects? - There has also been lots of reports about USO's, they travel at great speeds underwater so maybe their "skin" is so frictionless that the craft isnt met with any resistance at all whilst travelling?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
How can there be a sonic boom?
If ufo's had to deal with inertia than the last thing they would need to worry about is sound coming from their vehicle.

A thorough explanation of how these objects could be moving:

video.google.com...
video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It is specualated that alot of the UFOs that are seen may be unmanned crafts kinda like UAVs. The mothership is where the Aliens would chill so maybe they wouldnt need to worry about inertia because theres no-one inside to go splat?

Plus it is also thought that these crafts use anit-gravity drives so they probably have their own internal gravity which surrounds the ship so the surroundings wouldnt effect the ship because it has its own "atmosphere"?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Okay heres a thought just a thought follow my logic if you can
Lets use a stealth bomber for example when they hit mach? they affect the atmosphere in such a way that they push air out so fast that you here an explosion of air that gives the sound of what we call breaking the sound barrier. Okay so we know that once a certain velocity is reached the sound barrier breaks. But that knowledge is taken from the science that we use (controlled blowing stuff up) to make stuff move. Maybe a better technology for prolpulsion would alows a vehicle to move so fast that it doesnt even affect the air around it or maybe it would move so fast and the explosion would be so loud that your ears would instinctively turn off so that you couldnt hear just a thought

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
It is specualated that alot of the UFOs that are seen may be unmanned crafts kinda like UAVs. The mothership is where the Aliens would chill so maybe they wouldnt need to worry about inertia because theres no-one inside to go splat?

It doesn't matter if they are manned or not, mass aswell would be destroyed on sharp turns or sudden stops

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Okay so we know that once a certain velocity is reached the sound barrier breaks. But that knowledge is taken from the science that we use (controlled blowing stuff up) to make stuff move.

Sonic boom is the result of moving faster than the speed of sound. Sound has a veriable as altitude change's, there is no one set variance once we leave sea level. Here is a little explanation for the unknowing inquirier:

Depending on the aircraft's altitude, sonic booms reach the ground two to 60 seconds after flyover. However, not all booms are heard at ground level. The speed of sound at any altitude is a function of air temperature. A decrease or increase in temperature results in a corresponding decrease or increase in sound speed. Under standard atmospheric conditions, air temperature decreases with increased altitude. For example, when sea-level temperature is 58 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperature at 30,000 feet drops to minus 49 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature gradient helps bend the sound waves upward. Therefore, for a boom to reach the ground, the aircraft speed relative to the ground must be greater than the speed of sound at the ground. For example, the speed of sound at 30,000 feet is about 670 miles per hour, but an aircraft must travel at least 750 miles per hour (Mach 1.12, where Mach 1 equals the speed of sound) for a boom to be heard on the ground.

Not only can youe hear a sonic boom, you can also see it, here is a rare picture caught on film at almost the equivilent of sea level, for some reason it wold'nt allow me to paste the pcture's but here is the website to show you what I am talking about.
I think some of you should read the entire thread before posting any replies...

here's a visual I finally got uploaded that worked:

source of info:

www.sky-flash.com...

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Allred5923]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Following Gemwolf's lead, here's another WATS for you.

You have voted Lecter for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Well deserved, because that is a real killer question. I wish I'd thought to ask it.

There's really no good answer to it from a believer's point of view. Certainly none of the believers on this thread have even come close. We can discount the views of people who think the laws of physics vary from place to place or from 'dimension' to 'dimension', obviously. And the 'NASA emails' thread, genuine or not, doesn't really address the problem at all.

What is the problem? It is that air, under its own power, always travels at the speed of sound. In fact, that's what the 'speed of sound' is: the speed at which air molecules move.

A sonic boom is the crash made by air falling into the hole created behind an aircraft moving at supersonic speed. The hole is created because air molecules cannot move fast enough to prevent it from forming. As long as the craft is moving at supersonic speed, it will create a vacuum behind it, and air falling into that vacuum will make a sound.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
another question is wouldnt such sudden high acceleration u know....hurt and also the violent stoping motion, i know it hurts enough when someone slams on the breaks doing 20kmp/h let alone at few thousand........man alians must have awsome chriopractors

Edit: spelling

[edit on 20-7-2006 by ivzm]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
If a UFO accelerates and vanishes almost instantly out of sight wouldnt there be a sonic boom from such acceleration?

Hrm. Very good question!

Here is my take:

Some people feel alien craft may have some sort of visual cloaking technology - if they have this sort of technology, who's to say they don't have some sort of "audio" cloaking?

If they were able to put out the exact inverse to the sonic boom (sound wave-wise), it could cancel it out the boom completely.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Aerodynamics are what is the stopping point of the sound barrier being broke and the "sonic Boom" taking place. Air is displaced by the flow of the wing's or surfaces that may be, and cause's this effect to take place. Though as another poster has stated that supposedly win/air travels at the speed of sound amist the speeding object, it is the surface of the design that creates the displacement to create the force's nesseccary to cause the "Boo" effect.
And who is to say, that just because we haven't mastered it that we won't figure it out? We are well on our way and there could very well be that if there is an advanced alien race, they would litterally eon's a had of such simple technologies that we are just discovering today. If it is being done by us with the experimental stage's don't you think that all rule's apply, "Physics is ever changing with new knowledge, and the physics of today is the knowledge of tommorow's?"

External Source

We've solved the problem by creating an artificial reaction to the
circulation with an underwing air jet (using a small amount of bleed
air from the first stage of the compressor) that recaptures the
compression waves before they can coalesce into shock waves. We're
fooling mother nature by introducing additional energy into the air
flow, and adding in the energy term in Crocco's equation that normally
gets zeroed out because of the assumption of constant speed and
altitude at cruise. When you do this, you can eliminate the entropy
term...

You should also read all information at hand, if that isn't enough for you , go on a research kick and see that super/sub sonic speed's don't nessecarily have to be heard with the "Sonic Boom" effect's.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
BTW, "Kudos" on you and Matyas's thread, I have read every bit of it and it is a very practical theory, hope that it is all well and good!!-)

Thanks
But realize that there is more "behind the scenes" Unfortunately research into certain areas get ummm undue attention from people whose favorite color for clothing is black... and then there are the oil thugs as Matyas calls them...

BTW Jean-Louis Naudin of JLN Labs does have a yahoo group for serious discussion of his work
Its interesting to note that no one ever offers an opinion of his craft when I post that link... but thats okay

NICE find with those pictures.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by zorgon]

[edit on 20-7-2006 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join