It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diplomacy beginning to take hold? Israel wants cease fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Like ive been saying...this thing will be winding down soon. Fox reporting that Israle wants a cease fire and that Syria is saying that it will do its part if the Bush administration will pressure Israel. Watch...a cease fire will be in effect prob within the next 48 hours.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I dont see anything of Fox News website, do you have any links that confirm this? ..... i cant seem to find any.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Theres a difference between wanting a cease-fire and giving an ultimatum.

Israel gave Syria 72 hours to stop Hezbollah and force them to free the kidnapped soldiers, or else.

www.ynetnews.com...

“Washington has information according to which Israel gave Damascus 72 hours to stop Hizbullah’s activity along the Lebanon-Israel border and bring about the release the two kidnapped IDF soldiers or it would launch an offensive with disastrous consequences.”

From day 1 we knew that this would end if the kidnapped soldiers were freed. This is nothing new. It actually seems like its getting more and more serious.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Not on the Fox News website but on Fox news on TV. The website usually lags behind in time to getting the stories put up.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I heard otherwise.

Arab League Says Peace Process in Mideast is 'Dead'

I do hope for the innocent people, that they will get a cease fire, for now i doubt it though.

Why would Israel use disproportional force only to stop after 4 days, they are using the soldier taking, as a reason, they want Hezbollah crushed.
Iran is inciting things even further.

Any cease-fire will be like all the past cease-fires, useless.
It will only give Hezbollah time to regroup.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Israel doesn't want a ceasfire.. Lebanon just asked for a ceasfire again though.
You must be thinking Lebanon not Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Seems its the Lebonese Premier that has called for the cease fire, not sure what good that will do tho, seeing Israel are attacking Hezbollah. And Hezbollah dont tend to listen to the Lebonese Premier much. Cant see much comming of it if Hezbollah continue attacking targets in Israel, plus that Warship attack must be smarting for the IDF.

Sky News

Im a bit worried about HMS Illustrious bieng sent into the region, what with Israels track record of trying to sink friendly ships. Link

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I doubt it.

Israel has clearly said over and over again it doesn't want a cease fire. The spokesmen for the IDF and Israeli goverment keep saying they will not stop until Hizbollah is smased and the soliders are freed.

This is going to last months.

ANNNNNNDDDD....

By Israel taking a cease fire, it will show a sign of weakness and Israel will not want to be seen in that way.

Plus, the Arab league have said the peace agreement is dead. Both Egypt and Jordan have peace treaties with Israel (the only arab countries), it will be interesting to see if these treaties stay in place.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No, they clearly said ISRAEL wants a cease fire but under certain conditions which they are working out.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Im sorry, but I think you miss heard.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They just said it again on Fox: "Israel is very, very interested in a cease fir but not until Hezbollah disarms and the two soldiers returned"

I did not mishear.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Right they did say they would stop firing if they disarmed, but never said they wanted one.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They said they wanted a cease fire but only if those conditions are met. Whether those conditions are met or not are an entirely different matter, but it doesnt change the fact that Israel has publicly said it wanted a cease fire.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
They said they wanted a cease fire but only if those conditions are met. Whether those conditions are met or not are an entirely different matter, but it doesnt change the fact that Israel has publicly said it wanted a cease fire.

Well referring to your first post.

Like ive been saying...this thing will be winding down soon. Fox reporting that Israel wants a cease fire

You say Israel?

I doubt it.
They will stop when they want to stop.

As i said in my fifth post down, as it stands at the moment diplomacy is "dead".

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Denied]

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Denied]

top topics

join