It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We were created by God.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Where do I start?
Some people want to see God to believe he/she exists. Well, you havent seen my mother so does that mean she doesnt exist?
I believe that there is a higher power, something that gave us that little spark of life. I guess it depends on what one person believes. Its kinda hard to think that we evolved from apes or any other tiny organism. If we did then why didnt that organism evolve also? Why does it still exist as that same organism? I dont think we came from apes.
I think that many years ago something happened....Consciousness! We bacame aware of our existence.
I believe that is an evolutionary jump in its own.

On the Bible subject: The Bible was interpreted by man. Nobody really knows if its true or not. The only thing I know is over time stories tend to get out of context a little bit. Not saying that the Bible doesnt have truth in it but you cant believe what someone else says.
If I told someone that I had $100, in 1000 years someone might say that I had $1,000,000.
I think the Bible is like a journal. People wrote their experiences down in it. Some of it was possibly an experience with a higher power, others not.
Now back to the God subject. I think there is a higher power. Now in the Bible it says "Let us make man in our image, like us: and let him have rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every living thing which goes flat on the earth."
Why does he say "us"? Are there more gods? Whether or not, he said "in our image", which makes me think that god was mortal at one time. If not then he would have made man as immortal and able to transverse time and space.
I think he wanted us to LEARN how to aquire the status that he is now in....a God. Now, to continue: it then says after they eat from the tree "And their eyes were open and they were conscious that they had no clothing and they made themselves coats of leaves stitched together."
If he didnt want us to eat from the tree then why did he make it? I believe that Adam and Eve werent "ready" to eat from the tree that is why he banished them from the garden. Then he goes to say "Now the man has become like one of us, having knowledge of good and evil; and now if he puts out his hand and takes of the fruit of the tree of life, he will go on living for ever." Well I dont know about you but it seems to me that if we eat from the tree of life we will live forever...BUT he only says this AFTER Adam ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So im thinking that we never would have had the chance to gain life everlasting if they didnt eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So in my opinion we were destined to eat from the tree and gain consciousness!
I guess im rambling on now but think about it for a moment...whether you believe in God outright or a higher power or a creator it makes sense that we werent just "evolved" from organisms. If you want me to continue with more ideas just post a "Yes" and i'll ramble on some more lol. Peace.

mod edit: paragraphs

[edit on 7-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is one of those thread where christians come together and (pat each other on the back) so they can feel save from the truth. Tell me please, is there any evidence that we are created by god? Is there any scientific proof? dont pull that bible says so (crap) again(thats another way christians (pat each other on the back). I need hard scientific facts. I need Jesus to call me on the phone and send me his salon style pictures on email. Hey, if it wasnt for science, medcines and internet, you wouldnt be here reading my (crappy) reply.

Mod Edit...removed sexual and scatological references.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think there is overwhelming evidence of a creator. We find billions of line of code in dna and say that it just happened? Stem cells in the fetus start taking off and becoming brain, lung, heart and muscle cells because of the information encoded in the dna. The universe, galaxy, solar system all operator and behave a certain way because of the information that has been placed in the atoms, protons and quarks. Look around the physical realm that we live and interact in is full of information. That doesn’t JUST happen, I don’t care how much time you give, billion, trillion, sextillion years. It makes far more sense to me of an intelligent design rather than natural selection. Natural selection only applies to our Earth and our so-called “evolution”. What about everything else?

The word according to Darwin/evolutionist’s- In the beginning was nothing, the nothing condensed into its self exploded and created everything.

The big bang would have not only had to contain all elements for life but all INFORMATION concerning EVERYTHING that ever was, is and ever will be in the universe. That includes you, me and 6.5 billion other people and their personalities. It really becomes difficult to believe in anything other than intelligent design.

You want TRUTH? Here goes…… In the beginning GOD!…….

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well, well, well. I applaud you Redhare, you didnt even pay attention to my thread as you were reading it. I specifically said that the bible was interpreted by man that it could possibly be wrong. I just stated what I believed. BTW: I dont go to church nor do I have any interest in going to church, I only have my beliefs and thats it. I think that alot of the people that go to church have no idea of whats going on in the world. I think many of them are hypocrits. So, before you just rant and rave why dont you pay a little attention. Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I stated that it was my thread. Sorry, I meant my post.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Where did God come from if he created everything?

Gods only exist if someone believes in them?

In the beginning there was nothing, then nothing collapsed on itself and created God. He got lonely and decided for some reason to create millions of stars and planets. Then after making all those planets and stars he picked one to put life on. With God being so perfect he didn't need to make self evolving life forms. He made everything the way he wanted it to be and will not allow it to change.

Jesus called me last night and said to stop waiting he is NOT coming!

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Shadowmonkey]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
if there are a right god is defentlig not Christianity Islam, Judaism, or buddha. but the frist God/religion ever belived on. but no one belive in him any more. so nobody comes to heaven

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
hey jedi, hows things. first, have you really become 100% athiest or agnostic? either way, bravo for opening your mind to reality. you seem like a good guy. so these people with their "god made everything, no buts about it" style posts- I dont believe in god. hell, i am 100% sure there is NO higher bieng. i hate the concept. BUT.....i hope, hear that , HOPE there is a god (which there isnt) so he will smite me and prove his existence. infact, i spit thee, almighty one! thou art nothing! so smite me almighty smiter! (line from bruce almight, thanks jim). so christians, have i pissed off god enough, have i bought my ticket into hell? please tell me, as i would like to keep pushing his buttons.

once again jedi, smart guy, keep it up

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
hey jedi, hows things. first, have you really become 100% athiest or agnostic? either way, bravo for opening your mind to reality. you seem like a good guy. so these people with their "god made everything, no buts about it" style posts- I dont believe in god. hell, i am 100% sure there is NO higher bieng. i hate the concept. BUT.....i hope, hear that , HOPE there is a god (which there isnt) so he will smite me and prove his existence. infact, i spit at thee, almighty one! thou art nothing! so smite me almighty smiter! (line from bruce almight, thanks jim). so christians, have i pissed off god enough, have i bought my ticket into hell? please tell me, as i would like to keep pushing his buttons.

once again jedi, smart guy, keep it up

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
JediMaster,
I believe the way you do. I believe that Jesus Christ is coming again. I believe in the Bible that's it's God's Word. I believe that God is our Creator. I'm a young Earth Creationist. I'm one of the chosen ones!!!! He chose me before the foundation of the world was created. It's in the Bible!! I'm a believer!!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wonder why our parents did not just tell us the truth like they did with Santa Clause. None of it is real. Religeon is the largest conspiricy in all history.

Listen to me. Humans came before your god. In fact humans worshiped many things before the gods of todays world religeons were ever made up.

If we had a nuclear war and nearly everything and all knowledge was destroyed except a book about Jedi Knights. Then in a 1000 years the world would then believe in the force and Jedi Powers.

We would be worshiping Anakin Skywalker as the chosen one and trying to move things with our thoughts.

I really wish there was a god and something more after we die but my wishing it wont make it happen and neither will a several thousand year mythical old book written by our under educated ancestors.

Just because we have not discovered yet how the universe exists does not mean the answer is some all powerfull yet oddly quiet and invisible being. The voices in your head and your thoughts and faith is not proof of a god either.

It would be super cool though if that were the case and we could all live for ever in some happy place.

X

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I find it very ironic that most of you are saying "Open your minds, there is no God" (or something similar).

Maybe you are the ones who need to open your minds?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm afraid this thread, as well as this entire sub-forum, is a complete waste of time and effort. This thread has less value to it than even a "Favorite Obscure Bands" thread. The religious wackos will never change their minds about it, because their religion encourages, rather than denies ignorance.

And why am I contributing to it? Because I'm retarded, that's why. Yes, it's true. I'm mentally handicapped. Well, maybe not exactly. It's more like eating dark chocolate. I know it's bad for me, but I do it anyway.

But that doesn't make the thread any more valuable.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Actually, dark chocolate is good for you. (seriously)

Has god spoken to you today?

If so, have you sized yourself for a straitjacket?

Your subconcious is not god, it's you.

When I die, if there is no god, I will know, if there is, I would assume god would be pleased that I did not believe in him/her/it because just because it was written in a book, or pounded into my head since I was a kid.

God: "You do not like to be fooled, you were agnostic, hell, if I never saw myself or you, I wouldn't believe it either!
But alas! You've kept an open mind.
You wouldn't neither believe 100%, nor disbelieve the same amount; for that I am pleased.

I'll just send all the idiots to hell, the fools!
They'll believe satan himself was me, that's if satan is real, of course."

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Has god spoken to you today?

If so, have you sized yourself for a straitjacket?

Actually God has spoken to me today, and i don't need that jacket. Let me explain with a little story I wrote. It's called,

"The Voice of God."

I ran across a bumper sticker the other day that actually stopped me in my tracks. It went like this:

"Why is it when we talk to God were praying but when God talks to us were neurotic?"

Now personally I've never considered myself neurotic although I'm sure I have many family members and friends that would rise to argue the matter, And yet I hear the voice of God everyday.

When I wake each morning and start to prepare for the day I hear God whispering, "I've given you another day my child." And as I head out the door to go to work again God says, "I've provided for you a good job and good people to work with." When I sit to eat the voice of God reminds me, "I shall not let you hunger this day." Ok, I think you get my point here. God speaks to each and every one of us throughout the day and for all our lives.

Gods voice is always present in the laughter of children, the beauty of a sunrise, the smile of a friend and in the gentle breathing of that someone you love as they sleep beside you. It can be heard in every flower and in every song.

It can even be heard in the problems and disasters that come our way, Saying, "I love you enough to make you grow, Even in ways you may not want to."

If you can't hear the voice of God, its not that the voice isn't there...its because you, my friend, are not listening.

OK, that said, I'm a Spiritual Anarchist. I believe in God dearly but find religions repulsive. Just because you don't believe in religions does not mean you don't believe in God.

Just my opinion,

wupy

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i would vote that post way above top secret MRWUPY if i could
i guess you guy's arent eligable though

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

OK, that said, I'm a Spiritual Anarchist. I believe in God dearly but find religions repulsive. Just because you don't believe in religions does not mean you don't believe in God.

Religions,... the best god killers EVER, religion is about the creation of everything, especially ATHEISTS!
If I have a hard time believing in god, that also doesn't mean that I don't believe in ghosts, an afterlife or non-material existance.

Hell, I'm agnostic anyway, no proof either way.
I want god to be real, I do, but I am not going to convince myself about things that are currently unconvincable.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
i would vote that post way above top secret MRWUPY if i could
i guess you guy's arent eligable though

You just gave me a way above my friend. You cannot give a mod a way above but you can tell them that something they said was right on or give them a thumbs up and that lets them know they aren't always the meanies that many people tell them they are.

It feels really good to actually hear someone say they liked the contribution you made, even if you are no longer eligable for the way above.

Thank you my friend, you made my night.

Now, back to the topic, "We were created by God."

wupy

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Bonsoir,

Just a question; How many Gods we have in the galaxy, and how much in the
univers...
One or one for every stellar system that could support a "intelligent life"?

I don't think there is a entity that we can called "God"...because, it's hard
to say it, we are nothing... Bill Gates, Bush, the Pope, your girlfriend, my mamma,
your best friend, your best enemy... me, you, the other lifeform on this planet
called Earth... all we are nothing comparated to the univers...

Just live safe, have fun, make something you like for a better world, be reach,
generous, good, and enjoy your life...it's a fragile "thing"...and don't waste it
with drugs, bad attitude...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bambam272
Where do I start?
Some people want to see God to believe he/she exists. Well, you havent seen my mother so does that mean she doesnt exist?

No, but after exhaustive research, scientists have found that a staggering 100% of humans have maternal genetic contributors. Seeing that you are human, and all humans have been found to have mothers, I'd have to say the evidence is fairly solid that you have a mother, even if I haven't seen her. Bad analogy.

I believe that there is a higher power, something that gave us that little spark of life. I guess it depends on what one person believes. Its kinda hard to think that we evolved from apes or any other tiny organism. If we did then why didnt that organism evolve also? Why does it still exist as that same organism? I dont think we came from apes.

A basic and popular misconception brought about by having only a rough idea of the Theory of Evolution. The organisms we came from no longer exist. They did evolve. Into us. And no, we most certainly did not evolve from apes. We evolved from a primate precursor, and while all apes are primates, all primates are not apes. We share the same thick branch of the evolutionary tree as apes and monkeys, but we are on our own small twig, seperate from them. This generalization is so prevalent it's saddening.

I think that many years ago something happened....Consciousness! We bacame aware of our existence.
I believe that is an evolutionary jump in its own.

Consciousness is not necessarily self-awareness, and is such a sticky, complicated, and fickle concept that it's probably best to be avoided entirely. However, I do agree with you that consciousness is a great factor in defining who we are as a species.

Originally posted by johnny bravo
I think there is overwhelming evidence of a creator. We find billions of line of code in dna and say that it just happened?

Please point out where these "lines of code" you speak of are in DNA. If you're commenting on the sequences of adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine found in DNA, that's not code at all. It just us silly humans using abbreviations and human conventions to label and explain things.

Originally posted by johnny bravoStem cells in the fetus start taking off and becoming brain, lung, heart and muscle cells because of the information encoded in the dna.

This is true. While we may not know the exact processes involved as of yet (mind you, I'm no biologist. We may know), there are people dedicating their lives to finding these things out. An unknown is not evidence for a creator, it's simply an unknown.

Originally posted by johnny bravoThe universe, galaxy, solar system all operator and behave a certain way because of the information that has been placed in the atoms, protons and quarks. Look around the physical realm that we live and interact in is full of information. That doesn’t JUST happen, I don’t care how much time you give, billion, trillion, sextillion years.

The only reason we see so much information in these things is because we as humans have used our conventions to explain them. The information is there because we put it there. Take any constant, like Avagadro's number. There's nothing special about it at all, it's just a number. It could just as easily be any number. Just because it has the value it has doesn't mean it was "set" to that value. It's just us as humans explaining and quantifying what we see.

Originally posted by johnny bravoIt makes far more sense to me of an intelligent design rather than natural selection. Natural selection only applies to our Earth and our so-called “evolution”.

Not to be insulting, but perhaps it makes more sense to you because you don't fully understand the more complex theory. Read up on it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join