It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We were created by God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You should just read my post in relations to carebare, I can be quite spiritual, just because I believe that "Running away from existance to a 'God'" is unhealthy, doesn't mean I have nothing of value to add to a religious discussion.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have come to this.

Many of hate my God. Or dislike him. Or do not belive.

That is fine. You can save yourselves though.

James you overeact a bit too much.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The only Truth
Greys! God created Adam and Eve, that is final! How
can you say life was created by creatures that don't
worship God! Those beliefs will have you punished by
God with no forgivness! These Greys are even worse then
your evolution! At least that happens here, on the planet
God made! You will be sorry when God comes and shows you
the truth, and maybe then you will repent.

ohmy! i am scared now!!!!!!!!!!!

read the books from Eric von Danicken

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, we will repent? Bite me. I won't repent, I'll point and laugh, for when this "god" comes, he will either be a gray bald alien with huge eyes or science. Wait, science is here, so are the aliens!!! Wow, I guess I should get off line and take a shower, maybe cook them something, would they like fish or chicken?

i saw in a television program about aliens that the greys who where visiting earths secret bases and military places and staying there that they like strawberry icecream

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wintermorgread the books from Eric von Danicken

It might not also hurt to read "The Spaceships of Ezekeil" (SP?). This was a book written by a NASA aeronatical engeneer who tried to debunk von Danicken...And couldn't. The author used his knowledge of aeronautics to see if Ezekeil's sightings were consistant with modern technology for the feasability of his biblical descriptions as they might be applied with planetary aircraft...The *only* part that he couldn't figure out a design for would be the actual power plant of the craft itself, because it would've had to been a bit smaller than the current level of technology (from a decade or so ago) allowed to fit power-to-weight ratios.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There may actually be a lot more to that story than meets the "eye" MD. Consider all the possiblities and potentials Genin

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
well can you prove to me that god is the one that created us?
im not against god or anything but instead of just saying "here this is it deal with it " can you tell me the reason
and actually the christian church does believe about darwins theory
u see like i said b4 Adam and Eve are methaphors describing the evolution of men and woman
in matter of fact the whole book of genesis is methaphors
so if you talk to some priest or people who study this you will find that this is true

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
well can you prove to me that god is the one that created us?
im not against god or anything but instead of just saying "here this is it deal with it " can you tell me the reason
and actually the christian church does believe about darwins theory
u see like i said b4 Adam and Eve are methaphors describing the evolution of men and woman
in matter of fact the whole book of genesis is methaphors
so if you talk to some priest or people who study this you will find that this is true

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 03:27 AM
link   
No person on earth can prove evolution as well as creation to any other being. I have faith in God and what He tells me. For me, to be able to prove God to you is impossible. It's like the lesson we learn in life... you can't change anybody else, but you can change yourself. Only God can prove to you He is there, on His time... not yours. When people say OK god show me now, I'm ready! Think how many times in your life where you thought you were ready, only to find out later you had wished you were ready. God is all-knowing... He knows you and the best in you. Always look for the best in you. And of course... read the Bible. I have yet to understand all of it and at first for awhile, I was turned away from reading it everytime either because it's too hard to understand, it's too long, it contradicts, and a million other excuses. Fact is, the devil will try to get you to fall with him anyway he can and you have to look at things in your own frame of mind at each circumstance.

This is just my opinion, but we have three 'authored' thoughts in our heads.(When you do have the holy spirit) When we're young we think all three are ours, until hopefully something you cross in your life will wake us up and keep us woke up. You have your thoughts, the demons, and the Holy Spirit. When you get into His Word, you are more able to discern which one is Him. The other two will lead to destruction if you just pay attention to them. Of course this is just my opinion! The Father keeps you on track, demons/devil will try to rip you off track, and you might get so involved with were you're going you decide to look down and where did the track go? Enough of that now.

The bad thing is people take in what they hear and it stains the Truth, stopping them from real Truth, because they now take in the altered false-truth. Search the Truth for yourself. I'll keep my mind open if there is anymore truth to it until I die, as of yet there is none but the Truth. Read the Bible if you'd like and you will understand if you pay attention to what love is. You know... Love is patient, love is kind.....verse. Peace.

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by pacman]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 01:36 PM
link   
pacman i do agree with you
no one can prove that god created us
and that is the point that i was to JM
that is something of faith not facts
no one lived back then and no one has proved how we were created either from "we were created by god" or "the big bam" or "we evolved from apes" we can't prove anything
it is just a matter on what you believe in

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Bluebird I think that one of the things pacman was alluding to is that many people who believe in God. Do so because of an event (or events) which occur in there lives. An example being such things as miracles and or paranormal phenomenon. What is not often not understood or accepted by some. Is that these events occur more often, than is admitted and as well transcend cultural bias.

These experiences are very personal and as a result communicating them can be very difficult. What is important to remember though is that it seems to be part of the Human experience.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 09:12 PM
link   
For me, my faith in God grew stronger when I finally decided to sit down & do the research into the scriptures & their history. Pacman is right in the point that you're not going to understand the scriptures the first time you read them...They *are* full of parable & metaphor because the original authors of those scriptures didn't have the language precise enough to fully understand how to explain their inspirations. By necessity, they had to explain things in a way that everyone could understand *during the time that they lived*.

I had to research through the history of the scriptures, how & why certain translations & changes came about to understand more fully what kind of times that they lived in & the socio-political situations that they lived with. In a general sort of way, I had to "feel" my way through to the Truth...And that's what I believe was intended in the first place; You have to "feel" your way to God, not "think" your way to Him.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 12:42 AM
link   
As I understand it, God created the earth, star, moon, universe. He then created the animals, what kind of animals is debateable,could have been the giant lizards time. I was also so taught he was dissatisfied with his creation and distroyed it and started over. As time pased, probably a long time, long enough for evelotion to progress for a long time, he decieded to make man in his own image. Also during the span of mans existance he has interfered many times by allowing his angels to bred with our women, (remember, in that time there were giants in those days) which changed the physoliogy of man. So maybe we were ape like, over time we evolved , with the intervention of god, to look as we do today, Fossil remains of an ape like men , the so called neanderthal man, comes to mine here.
Whos to say God doesn't look ape like, thats just our ego speaking here.
Hope you get my meaning simple as it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bruno
As I understand it, God created the earth, star, moon, universe. He then created the animals, what kind of animals is debateable,could have been the giant lizards time. I was also so taught he was dissatisfied with his creation and distroyed it and started over. As time pased, probably a long time, long enough for evelotion to progress for a long time, he decieded to make man in his own image. Also during the span of mans existance he has interfered many times by allowing his angels to bred with our women, (remember, in that time there were giants in those days) which changed the physoliogy of man. So maybe we were ape like, over time we evolved , with the intervention of god, to look as we do today, Fossil remains of an ape like men , the so called neanderthal man, comes to mine here.
Whos to say God doesn't look ape like, thats just our ego speaking here.
Hope you get my meaning simple as it is.

i dont know man that sounds like a pretty retarded idea. after all it does say that in those days there were giants. it doesn't say that in those days there were non-hairy people or people that couldnt use there feet.

if you more about that in those days there were giant stuff you should check the book of giants or the book of enoch, yeah thats the dude from the bible.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the way it goes is they were told that they all have a woman of there coice and they did. and there children were giants. and the angels were cursed because they shared secrets that man was not suppose to have.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ok_good
the way it goes is they were told that they all have a woman of there coice and they did. and there children were giants. and the angels were cursed because they shared secrets that man was not suppose to have.

Hey there - just a suggestion, you might want to note the dates on the posts you are referring to. In this case, you are addressing a post that is more than three years old. Usually more discussion is generated via recently active threads.

Have fun

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
yeah i wasnt looking at those i guess.
thanks dude.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow I am suprised that this is still around. Just as a testament to how people change when I started this topic I was about three years younger, a supporter of the Republican idealogue, and a somewhat radical Catholic. I'm now three years older, a Libertarian, and an agnostic.

And no longer am a supporter of creationist theories.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Wow I am suprised that this is still around. Just as a testament to how people change when I started this topic I was about three years younger, a supporter of the Republican idealogue, and a somewhat radical Catholic. I'm now three years older, a Libertarian, and an agnostic.

And no longer am a supporter of creationist theories.

Why is that? I personally am agnostic so don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you in anyway. I'm just interested in the reasons behind the marked difference between your first post and this most recent one. What can change a person that much over 3 years?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
what make you think that the bibel and your god is the right one. there are much older religion the Christianity. we have Nordic mythology . Egypt mythology. greek mythology. Roman mythology.. and manny more..
what religion was here first? the first one most right one..
but it dont belive in that crap

but i have read some off Bible. Noa got 700year old or something. what is meaning about that. and god give us shorter life after the punishment.
and we dont have free will. God kill all on earth exept Noa and his family and 2 of each animal. with his cataclysm. becouse the humen didnot belive in him and they had sin so much. is that free will.
no way...

He kills alot people that dont belive in him. his spesialty Childmuder. why kill all firt born i Egypt becouse the Pharaoh dident want to let moses and his people go . what have they done him. and think if it was your child he killed. or it wase you. Funny right??? why god. Why are you so Evil. answer me?? if you exist... hmmm

and you all sey hi is good. and almighty, he is Evil and malicious.
give us role to how to live.

and one thing in the 10 Commandments,
you canot pray to another god. man statue.
wy do you pray to difren saint?
and statue of virgin Maria.. Burn in hell for break one of the ten Commandments

One Last thin. Evolutin is the right thinh Darwin has right,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join