It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasts in India financial capital.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

BOMBAY, India - Seven bombs hit Bombay's commuter rail network during rush hour Tuesday evening, killing at least 147 people and wounding more than 400 in what authorities called a well-coordinated terrorist attack.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility in the bombings, which came in quick succession — a common tactic employed by Kashmiri militants. The blasts came hours after a series of grenade attacks by Islamic extremists killed eight people in the main city of India's part of Kashmir.

Damn...

Yahoo News

[edit on 11-7-2006 by playaofthegame]

[edit on 11-7-2006 by playaofthegame]

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
How long before some 9/11 conspiracy believing, tin-hatted liberal blames Bush.?

You know, if it's bad and it happens, it is somehow W's fault. I think WWII was somehow his fault. Who cares if he wasn't born yet. Someone will espouse "evidence" to "prove" it.

About as long as we have a ATS member who espouses "it's just Anti Bush speak" with an opposing view contrary to yours. You gotta love the loyalist. See the way the loyalists work is they gladly let someone kick them in the teeth over and over again "Thank you sir may I have another!"

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If the Muslims think Jews and Christians are bad, I can't imagine what they think abou the Hindus, generally accepted as multitheistic (although I know at the heart of the religion, they believe all their gods are different faces/personalities of the same being).

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
7 explosions in 11 minutes on 7/11 in Bombay.

That is very strange. Seeing as that is pretty much an inside joke in america that Hindus work at 7-11 and they chose that particular country and that particular date.

Pie

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm sure the ID's of the bombers magically survived and some genius obviously was conducting a drill at the exact same time targeting the exact same targetsd, we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am really impressed at how much talk there is over a muslim terror attack in india.

India used to encompass modern india, bangladesh, and pakistan. After getting independence from the british, the country split in two, with muslims evacuating india and hindus streaming out of what would be pakistan. The two countries have fought a couple of wars. All along the border are districts and towns that have muslims in charge of hindus, and hindus in charge of muslims. Its not a happy community. The pakistani government has supported secessionist militias inside of indian controlled Kashmir. This particular instance isn't 'news', in the sense of 'surprising and unexpected', there are lots of terror attacks in india. THis one is only being reported on because there isn't much else going on in international news, and it seemed, to occidentals, like it might be al-qaida.

My first thought was that it was al-qaida, because it was a multiple attack on a transit system. But thats just a good and sensible mode of attack. Its not really a 'hallmark' of al-qaida.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
great, first NK launches missiles now this, what next US declares war on iran?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Two In The Bush

Originally posted by Trash_Bag_Helmet
no one here has even mentioned bush, seems like some political baiting to me.

That is precisely what it is:

New Policies for Political Bickering on ATS ## MAKE IT STOP! ##

And there are many terrible things we can do when members try to derail threads this way.

However, I prefer to avoid using such measures and instead encourage members with strong political views to discuss them on PTS.

Thus if anyone wants to discuss how Bush fits into this or other political nuances, I cordially invite you to join us on PTS, where political baiting is always on topic.

In this thread, however, it is not on topic, so let's please respect the T&C and our fellow members, and keep the politics out of it on ATS.

On PTS, I eagerly await an in-depth analysis of the political fallout from this. This could lead to nuclear war. Members who want to discuss all this will be warmly welcomed.

Sorry for the off-topic digression (and cheap plug for PTS).

And now back to...

Blasts in India financial capital.

[edit on 7/11/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
do you geezers know its 369 days since 7/7. cannot you turn 369 into 666 in numerolgy.

so 369 days since 7/7 and 369 can be turned into 666 in numerolgy.

so year of the devil comes to pass in a way.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Back on the numerology note for a moment. I don't rule out the possibility of there being something to the dates, but at this time I'm not buying it. Here's a quote from one of my favorite movies, 'Pi.' If you're into numerology then I'm assuming you've seen it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if most people on this site have seen it as it's right up a lot of residents' alleys

Sol: "You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. 216 steps from a mere street corner to your front door. 216 seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere."

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was supposed to be out in Mumbai this week but had to put the trip back a week. Think I'll change plans again and just transit through Mumbai and straight on to Pune instead. Maybe visit Mumbai when I am next in India

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There were 8 blasts, not 7.

Does that mean that numerology is bunk? Would anything actually mean that numerology is bunk?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ah, eight? That would be for Motel 8--lots of Indians there too.

Originally posted by greatpiino
I'm not sure if I buy into the 'certain dates' theory. From my understanding, one of the objects of terrorism is to make people scared all the time. What would be the point of having people only be afraid on a certain few days each month?

Because, GreatP, anticipation plays a big part of the fear factor.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is a bit weird, isn't it? July 11 is a holiday for muslims?

Chitralnews: Imamat Day : His Highness the Aga Khan IV

Imamat Day is a special day for Ismaili Muslims. It is celebrated July 11 every year. On the occasion of Imamat Day, every Ismaili Muslim around the world, rejoice this occasion with their families, friends and relatives and we congratulate everybody around the world from the bottom of our heart on this delighted occasion of Imamat Day.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
actually today is a religious day for Hindus, Catholics and Buddhists too...

www.interfaithcalendar.org...
July 11, 2006
St Benedict Day - Catholic Christian
Guru Purnima ** - Hindu
Asalha Puja Day ** - Buddhist

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
actually today is a religious day for Hindus, Catholics and Buddhists too...

www.interfaithcalendar.org...
July 11, 2006
St Benedict Day - Catholic Christian

St. Benedict Day is hardly a high holy day for catholics, WW. But it might hold a special significance to this pope?

Actually, every day of the year (or almost everyday) is marked for one saint or another, I do believe. Whether it's their birthday, or when they were martryed, I dunno.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
This is a bit weird, isn't it? July 11 is a holiday for muslims?

Chitralnews: Imamat Day : His Highness the Aga Khan IV

Imamat Day is a special day for Ismaili Muslims. It is celebrated July 11 every year. On the occasion of Imamat Day, every Ismaili Muslim around the world, rejoice this occasion with their families, friends and relatives and we congratulate everybody around the world from the bottom of our heart on this delighted occasion of Imamat Day.

Would this account for why the markets were closed? Or was it past closing hours that the blasts occurred (evening rush hour) and the least amount of Muslims likely to be injured if they ha the day off?

It seems to be connected to the Kashmiri's, and the Paki's will take the heat for this one. Time to demonize another nation's islamists?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
didn't India just announce recently that they are pulling troops from Afghanistan or was it Iraq??

Is some little country with grand ambitions punishing them for this treason?

Why the numbers? it must be the secret society brotherhood again.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Truely horrible

Such mindless slaughter of innocent life.
Everyday people just wanting to live their lives in peace.

Its events like this that make me shake my head in shame at what people do to each other

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Man this sucks

Our news are reporting currently over 160 dead

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join