It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Building Collapses After Explosion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't have any links for this as it is breaking news. A buiding in NYC has collapsed after a reported explosion and fire. Reports are that people are trapped.

I hope this isn't another attack. With the info available it is too early to make a call.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You should find a link to this story and post it to atsnn.

Seems interesting. I'm going to search for more on this...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

NEW YORK - A three-story building collapsed Monday in midtown Manhattan after an explosion and fire at the site, fire officials said.

Already posted to ATSNN, someone beat me to it.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Enormous Profit]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's in ATSNN, but it's still a submission, so no one can reply. There isn't much on it however, other than that it happened, and it's a major incident

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I beat you to it
.Anyways let the conspiracy begin!!!!!!
here is the original link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-7-2006 by warthog911]

[edit on 10-7-2006 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I live in NYC and there isn't too much info available yet other than pictures.. Doesn't seem like it would be a terrorist target though...it seems to be mainly a residential area.

I'd bet it was some type of natural gas leak.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
[conspiracy theory] Is it possible that this is an attempt by the government to make it seem as if Al-Quaida would attack an average, everyday residential building?[/conspiracy theory]

What type of structure was the building? From the pics, it looks as if the rest of the houses were constructed in the same way. Could there be a danger of this happening again?

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Doesn't seem like it would be a terrorist target though...it seems to be mainly a residential area.

I was thinking the same thing, a three story building seems like small potatoes for a terrorist attack.

Unless a bomb that was being built went off in someones apartment before they had a chance to move it to the intended target.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Given that it's only a three story building, I don't see the motivation for anyone to deliberately do anything to this building. And it looks like it's in a residential neighborhood. But then again, you never know. I'm going to keep checking up on the story, though.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Dont worry alex jones would get to the bottom of the story
.Aslo it could be an insurance recoup

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If you're stuck at a computer you can watch live tv coverage at www.cbsnews.com... link to video feed is at the top of that page.

White House just said it is NOT terror related.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Photo of building located at 62nd Street between Park and Madison avenues.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Enormous Profit]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Confirmed, authorities saying it was definitely not terror related.

There was at least one or more doctors' offices in the building that could have contained gases such as oxygen, nitrous oxide etc. that could have contributed to the explosion.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
There was at least one or more doctors' offices in the building that could have contained gases such as oxygen, nitrous oxide etc. that could have contributed to the explosion.

Yeah, that was one of the first things I had thought of. Not neccessarily that it was from doctors' offices, but a gas leak. It happens in and around the Detroit area maybe once a year, though not always to that scale.

One example coming to mind is when last year (or maybe the year before) there was a gas explosion in downtown Detroit's tunnel system, blowing manhole covers off the holes and upwards of 20-50 feet in the air.

EDIT TO ADD: Now here's a good conspiracy theory for you...

Maybe, the government did it to show that a building could be leveled by an explosion.

[edit on 7/10/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
EDIT TO ADD: Now here's a good conspiracy theory for you...

Maybe, the government did it to show that a building could be leveled by an explosion.

I don't think any conspiracist would buy blowing up some old brownstone would prove you could collapse a steel skyscraper. Seems just like an accident to me.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
From CNN -

NYC Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta says a gas explosion appears to be the cause of the building collapse.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think any conspiracist would buy blowing up some old brownstone would prove you could collapse a steel skyscraper. Seems just like an accident to me.

Yeah, I know. Same here, hence my comments before that. If anything, that was said in sarcasm. I really don't believe that the government demolished the towers, but that's another topic for a myriad of other threads...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Someone got whacked, bad. Probally a building full of chinese Falon gung people and the chinese assassins blew them up like they did in Australia.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just an update:

The fire has been upgraded to a 5th alarm and is not under control as of yet. Dept. of Buildings is on the scene to evaluate the cause of the collapse, HazMat units are on scene to evaluate as well. The cause has NOT been designated as a terrorist act or deliberate at this time.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
From a conspriacy angle I think Trump blew it up to scare and perhaps damage other near bye buildings which would need to be torn down. Makes for a good location of high rise condos dont cha think. Near Park Ave, and Near central park very good location.

Now back to the real world they are claiming it was due to a gas explosion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join