It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Building Collapses After Explosion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Anyways let the conspiracy begin!!!!!!

[edit on 10-7-2006 by warthog911]

Yeah... Bring it on....lol!!! I will say that I heard on MSNBC that it's 'possible' it was an attempted suicide....now that sounds like media propaganda to me. Maybe there is a conspiracy here....

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The other Explosion sounds more mysterious.
ELLISON BAY, Wisconsin (AP) -- At least one explosion damaged three buildings in this resort community early Monday, killing two people and sending seven others to hospitals, authorities said.
Two dead.

www.cnn.com...

Any More !!!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Case in point: a few weeks back I was exiting the subway when I was greeted with a swarm of biohazard trucks, men in biohazard suits, helicopters, cops, firemen etc. Seems a pink mist was coming from a man's bag and he was waving it around the street, in a panic. The initial reaction was terror. The real story? Bank robber waving the explode-a-pack to make it disperse faster.

Yea I understand it, it's just wierd to see from this side of the national news "bias".

It certainly seems like this was a "war of the roses" event. Destroy the marital property in question. He deserves to live. Peniless and vilified in the press, with no chance of ever being viewed as anything other than the moron who tried to off himself and take his assets with him, unsuccessfully. He'll lose everything he owns now.

Yea it's a shame. He's gonna be much worse off now than if he would have just dealt with everything in a legal manner to begin with. As insensitive as it is to say I kidna wish the poor guy would have had his come true.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
wow lol it wasnt an attack..it was just a fire..there's fires everyday..doesnt mean its a terrorist attack..you need to stop over attacking every story

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enormous Profit
possible suicide

Seems like a really hardcore way to off yourself.

I always thought that myself, until we received a call that a close friend of ours the night before had gone into a convenience store, purchased a couple of dollar's worth of gas and proceeded in dousing himself at the pump and lit a lighter.

We rushed to see him as he was triaged at a Trauma 1 Hospital then flown to a metropolitan burn center. We were counseled by a nurse that indeed his suicide attempt was a success and that he would die in about 13 days from the damage done. This is indeed what happened. This same burn center nurse spoke of the number of suicide attempts/successes done in this fashion.

Our friend had been despondent over a combination of financial problems, a break-up after an eight year engagement that happened when he was diagnosed with MS and told by a doctor he would most likely soon be wheelchair bound. He was 31 years old and is missed to this day.

Hanging is also a very very nasty way out, and my husband lost a dear friend who chose that route at 28. She also is missed to this day.

There have been books and articles written about botched suicides that are simply horrific.

Yes, I agree sticking your head in an oven you wouldn't immediately think there would be an explosion while you were alive, at least.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
on the contrary fiverz, this guy deserves to live. he now gets to suffer through court procedings where he will be charged with third degree arson (nobody died) and reckless endangerment charges. The court that was ordering the auction of his townhouse will still order the sale of the land and the guy will probably give up even more of his assets to make up for his destruction of marital assets. add to that the knowledge that he will live with, that of being the a hole who tried to off himself unsuccessfully, and destroy his home and you have a miserable existence.

on a funny sidebar, we got a call last night from the mother of one of my daughter's friends (new friend). she wanted to set up a play date and in talking to my wife the topic turned to the explosion (the kids' camp is three blocks from the site) and the man doing this to avoid giving up the building. The woman says she can't really talk about it because her firm represented him in the divorce.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

on the contrary fiverz, this guy deserves to live. he now gets to suffer through court procedings where he will be charged with third degree arson (nobody died) and reckless endangerment charges. The court that was ordering the auction of his townhouse will still order the sale of the land and the guy will probably give up even more of his assets to make up for his destruction of marital assets. add to that the knowledge that he will live with, that of being the a hole who tried to off himself unsuccessfully, and destroy his home and you have a miserable existence.

That's what I mean ... he should have just lived and never did it ... he'd have ALOT less problems that he has now.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Have there been any further developements on this?

Had'nt noticed much out there.

Does anyone here live in NYC? Any further developements on local news there?

[edit on 7/13/2006 by Mechanic 32]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join