It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman wakes up with Jamaican accent. Is it a walk in? and girl cured of seeing upside down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hello everyone not been here a long while. Not even sure if people recognise the name anymore.
The writting seems smaller too since I left. Also we have a character count since when?

Anyway here are 2 funny stories or odd you may call it of a woman who woke up to find she had a differect accent and the Girl who read upside down.

There is a take on this which is about perseption and two about 'walk inns' as they are called is this accent lady a victim of it.

Also below annanova news is pretty call to read all short but to the point.

www.ananova.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/07/04/naccent04.xml&DCMP=EMC-new_04072006

[edit on 6-7-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So is the woman speaking nuts or do Jamaicans speak nuts anyway in their accent if one had to speak incorrectly as if she has been aleep too long. But obviously that is a bit PI to say that. What is the issue is that did her soul leave her body did she get another or has a Walk In www.greatdreams.com... or something else?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Okay, a few theories..

I know that the brain records practically everything that it ever comes into contact with.. sights, sounds, smells.. Depending on how her brain was effected, it may have shifted from one accent to another. How, or why, not sure.. So far as I understand, the accent is not something created by the vocal chords, but the brain. Live in another part of the world, and you pick up the accent. So, in theory, she could have heard it someplace, the brain recorded it, and during/after her stroke, it switched over..

Another theory, which is truly far out there (but interesting nevertheless), is that we have an ancestral memory, much like elephants. An elephant will walk in a certain direction to find a water hole, even tho that particular elephant has never been there before. It just knows that there's one there. Could be the same thing with the brain.. it was familiar with this particular accent, and the stroke only triggered it. Not sure if this is related to past lives, or if it's memories passed along thru dna.. frankly, I just don't know. But it's interesting..

This topic calls to mind an episode of South Park.. 'Cow Days' where Cartman was flung from a bucking bull and woke up as a Vietnamese prostitute. I know, it's tv and Matt and Trey are some seriously out there guys, but I'm just sayin'..

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I recall a woman on the Discovery Channel who had a stroke, and talked with a British accent from that day on (She was American).

^^

I wrote this before I even opened the article. Now I see that the article blatently says that she did have a stroke. So why do people have to immediately go for the LEAST likely explaination (walk-ins)? A stroke is where blood does not flow to your brain. Obviously if this happens, your speech is going to be messed up. After a stroke, most people lose partial control of one side of their body (the opposite of whichever hemisphere of the brain the stroke occured in), which includes impairing their speech.

An accent is simply pronouncing certain vowels and consonants as hard or soft, long or short, where they otherwise would not be. So all a stroke has to do is affect one portion of the brain and change one way that you say the letter "a", and suddenly you have an english accent.

Stroke gives woman british accent

Second link

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is very strange. This is not simply a woman speaking differently as a result of a stroke- this is a woman who now speaks with a foreign accent that she may never have much to do with, as far as listening to one, or anything like that.
IMO, (shot in the dark) i think the woman is recalling a past life and this was her accent then.
If by "walk in" you mean posessed, i highly doubt it. But anything is possible, i guess.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think this has paraelles with out of body experiences and spiritual manipulation. It is plausable to think its the mind not wired up properly but how many cases i wonder why this happens to people? I think a lot more of this happens than its reported. It's like drug taking or hypnosis people go deep into thought and sound like another person. Are they the ones chanelling all this via demonic entities and capturing the past lives of demons that have no time contraints. Almost sounds like the accounts of exorcism when people sound like some one else and know things they have no idea about or case of outer body experience see what is happening when dead. Its all interesting have your take on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just thought I'd dig this up again could be interesting months later new people to entertain. These is another story that is wiered a girl in india who's big toe secretes stones out of. No medical explanation so far.

news.yahoo.com...

Further down the page it has a picture of toe and the colour stones.
thatisweird.blogspot.com...

I guess this is still an unpopular post as it was then

just to help with the title of the psot what 'Walkins''are.
home.vicnet.net.au...

[edit on 1-2-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The website below has a link to a video of an example of people who wake up and have different accents.

abcnews.go.com...

top topics

join