It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball to be blasted centre of earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My friend told me about something he read in the paper, so far I don't belive what he said. Can't find anything on the subject. I'd be real interested if anybody knows of this, I thought it was quite interesting if true.

Its something about a basically industructable little ball with instruments in it that will be blasted into the earth with some sort of atomic device, beyond the crust . Apparently so they can take measurments beyond just theory.

It's pretty vague, thats why I couldn't find anything. But if someone knows of this, some more info on it would be great.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think I heard about something like that a few months ago and it seems to me totally unrealistic.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Forget the ball...Just use George Bush.lol

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Forget the ball...Just use George Bush.lol

Good idea, but I think he'd be a better candidate for some sort of DEEEEEP space exploration, possibly a cavity search, or being loaded into a cannon and shot into space like in FFVII.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Fired by an atomic device? I think that is going to be the biggest challenge.

Also it seems like that thing could be deflected by different densities of rock and such, kind of like a pinball.

Imagine what a surprise that would be if fired into an underground base/facility! Or maybe that is part of what the test is meant to discover - an underground facility buster.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've heard of that.

But what if it comes in contact with an unknown element and is liquidated?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Will never happen. Gov't will never let it happen, probably for legit geological reasons. I dont know about you guys but blasting an atomic propellled projectile into the earth just can't be good. Then again apart from legit reasons maybe the government is just scared that something just might be found.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The earth is big and powerful and no know nuke would cause a problem that I can see.

But yes there is hard stuff in the earth and hot too. You would need a substance to tolerate the heat and pressures and obstacles it may encounter.

I guess drilling has limits that cannot be overcome easily.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
maybe they are plotting Project DESTINY as they did in the movie "THE CORE"

where the US used a high tech laser located in Alaska "HAARP anyone" to superheat the core to points at where it would cause massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

As you watch the movie you find out the it was the US who stopped the spinning of the core, resulting in the geothermic magnetic field to stop protecting us from the sun and the cosmic radiations.

anyways it would be sort of odd if DESTINY was a reference to HAARP

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Isn't there some studies about earth seismic activity that suggests that the earth (like the moon) vibrates like a hollow bell when struck hard enough? I think that perhaps if they would send something to the center of the earth, they would find out nothing is there, or perhaps something they don't want us to know about.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Maybe we'll discover Reptoids!

Or some really neat underground caverns!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
Its something about a basically industructable little ball with instruments in it that will be blasted into the earth with some sort of atomic device, beyond the crust . Apparently so they can take measurments beyond just theory.

I'm pretty skeptical, just like you. It sounds more like a movie review than real science -- for one thing, we wouldn't "blast" anything through the earth because we don't have anything other than radiowaves and so forth that are capable of penetrating that much earth.

top topics

join