It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Council Announcement (brodband)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As being (I believe) the only councilor still active as a councilor on ATS, I want to make an announcement of how I would like to take in the active thoughts from members who care. I have gladly put the council on my back, and I will continue to support it, no matter what. I greatly appreciate the members who keep this site running, ATS would be nothing without its members, thats what makes AboveTopSecret.com.

I would like to send out an appreciation to all of the staff for keeping ATS classy as possible, you do a great job.

As your ATS councilor, I still want to hear your thoughts, opinions, and ideas of what you feel ATS should have to offer. I am your voice, your speaker, and your relay to sources of information that you feel you need to know, or simply just want to know. Come to me members, I need ALL of your thoughts and ideas. It is you who makes this place what it really is! So help by sharing the word!

Feel free to drop me a U2U at ANY time, the more U2U's, the better!

With all respect and kindness,
brodband (ATS Councilor)

[edit on 7/3/0606 by brodband]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thanks brodband for being there for all of us

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thanks for helping make ATS a better board. Three cheers for brodband!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
hey brodband i always wondered what the counsillers were actually here for i was getting images of sitting in an office spilling my deepest darkest secret lol thanks for saying what you do.

and great work this board would be nothing without all the mods and councillers etc who give up some of their free time to patrol the boards and help people out and of cource this forum would be nothing but desert space if it wasnt for the members who frequent here everyday and contribute to this great site.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
As being (I believe) the only councilor still active as a councilor on ATS,

Wait a minute - where did the rest of them go? Did we vote in a bunch of people who couldn't fulfill their terms? What a shame.

[edit on 7/4/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think BB should have consulted the rest of the counsel before declaring he is the only one still with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think Lysergic, theRiverGoddess and Odium are still Councilors. I was a Councilor before I was sile... ehrm, I mean modified...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good work there, brodband.

Just to correct something, for the council to be able to act and pass anything we need four of the six people to vote yes on something. At the present time, there is not a full council. This is due to the fact, that two of the council members became moderators.

Until there is another election, it is wrong for us to try and do anything. There will never be six people to vote, so either the whole Council has to agree or if one out of the four says no then it can't go through. The whole idea of the Council was for us to have debates on these issues and last I checked it was therivergoddess and myself with the highest number of threads we commented on.

Instead of you bothering to consult anyone in the council or to post a thread on the issue, you came out and claimed none of us are active. This is utter tripe, all of us are still posting in the areas that we got elected from. Frankly, I find this rather sickening that you'd not even consult any of us and instead attempted to shift the blame onto us by making out as though none of us have done anything.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
no disrepect intended [ well maybe a little bit ]

but ... broad ............. WHO ??

to be perfectly blunt , until you posted this little rant to affirm your self importance -- i had never even heard of you

TRG , and Odium are both visible and pro active working for the good of ATS

so were agent smith and helmutt before they got assimilated

lysergic is just a slacker

but to be blunt WTF have you done , EVER ???????????

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW .

now onto something constructive -- if the council needs 6 bods to function then we should have an emergency mid term election to promote folk like relentless , , they see all , chisseler or other sterling members to get the council back on track .

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
no disrespect intended [ well maybe a little bit ]

but to be blunt WTF have you done , EVER ???????????

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW .

"brodband" is Council for DISC, I think

We have been waiting for you brodband

[edit on 4/7/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
*poplocks on through*

uhuh

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
*poplocks on through*

uhuh

Ok who elected this as council?

JK Lys, your l33t game and wookie skills are enough to get my vote.

I would like to see another election come on, or see some members appointed. But appointing a council member would not be to logistic, as he/she should be voted in by the members of the site.

I have talked to Springer about this a few times in the not to distant past and frankly an election fell to the backburner due to all of the upgrades and changes around the board. Which is certainly understandable, however hopefully in the near future something can be arranged.

What if a few Mod's got together and arranged it? That is if the Admin's have their hands full as it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Infulencial comments are the way to recreation. I need them all back, and I FEEL like the only one active inside of the council forum.

I would like to see the people viewing the ATS Council section to see what goes on in there....nothing. I still go back and read all of the threads. And the ATS Council forum is dead. Dont let your mouth write a check your brain cant cash. I feel like the only one active in the ATS Council forum. I didnt say on the whole board, NOR did I say the only active councilor on the ATS Board...just in the Council section.

So two of the council members went to moderators, does that mean that we cant operate in a orderly capacity? I think we should just pull the weight. I wasnt blaming anybody for anything, or trying to steal glory from anybody.

[edit on 7/4/0606 by brodband]

[edit on 7/4/0606 by brodband]

top topics

join