It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Hate. MHO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am an American. I stand by my country, because I grew up here, had great memories here, met great people, and understand that I am more fortunate than most others across the world. My life, as well as many others who are on this site (if you got access to the internet, I am assuming you do not live in a third world country) are envied by many. That does not give me the right to feel that I am above anyone else, because I don't. I value Human life just as much as anyone else. I want to be an Air Traffic Controller, where I am responsible for more lives in a single shift at work than a surgeon is his entire life. I want that responsibility. Bring it on. I want to help people get to their families, their vacations, their jobs, funerals, weddings, college graduations, etc etc etc. I am not very well read when it comes to politics, or the war. I just know that if anyone in this country is asked, "why are we at war?" no one can give a definitive answer. (By the way, the government, who is calling out for more controllers, has cut funding to the FAA, lowering the paychecks of the very people who tell pilots when and where to fly thousands of operations a day, good one, government)

Last night I watched the Daily Show, and Helen Thomas, a renown reporter who has covered presidential campaigns for the past 9 presidencies, was asked who her favorite president was. She answered rather quickly, "JFK." When asked why, she gave a laundry list of the things JFK did that sounded almost like impossible feats. For example:

John Kennedy joined, and thus enabled, the march toward civil rights and justice for black Americans. He launched this nation's exploration of space. Kennedy gave birth to the public's engagement in the arts and humanities....Kennedy also created the Peace Corps.

President Kennedy quickly corrected an economy that had been off course. He increased federal spending where it was needed, cut taxes in an equitable manner while keeping the deficit in check. Any president would be satisfied to have just one of those accomplishments during a White House term.

Source

What has our president done? What will he be remembered as two decades from now? Sad to say, but are we in a time period of a "low" for American History? Our economy is ok, people are working, but why do so many in the world hate us so much? I honestly can't remember one good thing president bush has done; maybe its because there are so many bad turns during his reign. I mean, how in the HELL did he get re-elected? I bet we are slapping our heads over and over. Again, why are we hated by the rest of the world?

Because of the stupid, ridiculous, embarrassing, unbelievable actions taken by the minute percentage of the people representing this country. Most people are too busy in their own little worlds, like waking up, dropping their kids off at school, going to work, leaving work to pick up the kids, take them to soccer practice, eat dinner, watch law and order, and then go to sleep to repeat four more times until the weekend, where they relax for two days. Most Americans (almost all) don’t have a clue as to what is going on around the world.

It is our own fault, we put these people into office. We elect the president, who then forms his cabinet. But to hate all of us collectively, is a pile of horsey poo. There are a lot of good, loving people in this country, who would not wish harm to anyone.

Now with that being said, back to the war, why didn't President Bush, after coming up dry in Iraq with WMD's, why did he not front his campaign against terrorism with this statement: "I want to save these people from themselves. We live in a country where suicide bombings is not an issue, where testing biological weapons on civilians doesn't even go across our minds, where women have the same rights as men. These people are fighting a war with themselves, and one side is defenseless. My actions are not for financial gain, but instead are efforts to save human lives from reckless terror."

What is wrong with that? some people will say, "why does the US have the right to do anything? Why are we trying to be the Big Brother?" Because we have the means, the money, and the drive to do so. But we are going about it the wrong way. The message has been lost. Now, people are starving themselves outside the White House, and our president has one of the worst approval ratings I can remember. All this conspiracy talk about 9/11, possible government involvement, I mean, can we please get real? What is wrong with us? Why can't we do something?

I just want people to love and respect each other. Is that so hard to ask?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
anyone have any comments? This is a bump.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What bothers me the most about our current situation is the hate-mongering against arab/muslims fostered by most of the talk show radio hosts. Day after day after day you hear everyone of those guys talk about those 'dirty rotten muslims', and those 'dirty rotten arabs', who hate our freedom and hate our way of life. Maybe thats true for a few of them. But its not true for the majority. Your average arab/muslim is just like us: he wants to live in peace, to be left alone, to try and eke out a living and to take care of and love his family. Thats all. Just like you and me. The main problem here is that 'someone', for whatever reason, wants us to believe that arab/muslims are an inferior race, are still lving in the dark ages, AND were responsible for 911. And thats not true. Its hard to see how when, or even if, all of this will ever be exposed. But IMHO there is a cosmic (call it whatever you want) karmic balance that eventually balances good against evil. Eventually, the pure evil we see going on in our own country and elsewhere will be tipped back toward the good side.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
IMO, president Bush's take over of the White House, the choice of staff,his inability to speak as a president, his inability to think, period, the sleezes he keeps company with, bla bla bla, will earn him a mention on the presidential hall of shame in the future- and he's not done yet.

"Roll em" and "We're gonna stay the course" will not be something future history students will look upon as anything related to greatness.

Not ONE coherent saying from this man will appear in history books. :shk:

He will be known as "THE DECIDER"

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It just doesn't make sense. Doesn't the government understand what it is doing to its own country? I just don't get it.

Hopefully my generation will change the ways of this country. More and more, this "old" way of thinking is just not working.... maybe we should go back to isolationism?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It goes much farther than posted here....Bush had 3 trillion surplus when he took office, we are now at 7 trillion deficit...10 trillion dollars down the drain..?

Bush Sr. could control the Neocons in the GOP, little bush cannot. the Alliance with the Evangelical Movement was the brainchild of the Rovemeister, which is good political strategy. Unfortunately it will result in the decimation of the religious Right soon, these people eat their young.

We are being left with massive deficits, worldwide suspicion, an economy teetering on recession, etc.

somwhere between 20-25% of the cost of oil is directly related to the invasion of Iraq, look what we are doing to the World Economy....

BushW will be remembered as one of the worst US presidents in History.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
While everything you say is true....

It is also worth noting that the planet didn't just decide to hate us...its been a long time comming. Most of our friends on this rock are only so because they had something to gain, whether military support, financial support, etc... You have to remember that much of Amerca's greatness was built on the backs of fellow human beings...its a lot of sad stuff when you really research it. There are so many things we can be proud of as Americans, but there is also PLENTY of skeletons in our closet.

It only took a new batch of leadership to give the finger to world opinion for most of our allies to turn that tide from support to "not so much...thanks."

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolman

BushW will be remembered as one of the worst US presidents in History.

.....should we have another one. You never know.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We definitely are at a low in American History. But I believe things will change for us, it isn't like we were never at a low before! We had a very tumultuous history even though it is one of the shortest in the world. And this is one of the bumps.

One thing I noticed, was that in America, there were no Muslims protesting the Danish cartoons like they were everywhere else. Meaning, perhaps American anti-islamic fanatic brought out some good. Now let's get Americans to be anti-christian fanatic

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You said a lot of good things Mouth. And I do agree with them. All most people really want is to go to work rais what ever family they have and be able to come home every day. And despite all the bad things this administration has done, there are plenty of people who have done and tried to do bad things to us. I dont know what the correct corse of action is to stop all of this. It certenaly does not seem the right choice was made hear. I think you are right that this administration will not be rembered fondly.
And one more thing, american civilians have been experemented on with biological agents.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
It just doesn't make sense. Doesn't the government understand what it is doing to its own country? I just don't get it.

You appear to be under the assumption that the current administration cares. Those in power only tend to care about gaining more power. This isn't about republicans or democrats, it's about control and power.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
While everything you say is true....

It is also worth noting that the planet didn't just decide to hate us...its been a long time comming. Most of our friends on this rock are only so because they had something to gain, whether military support, financial support, etc... You have to remember that much of Amerca's greatness was built on the backs of fellow human beings...its a lot of sad stuff when you really research it. There are so many things we can be proud of as Americans, but there is also PLENTY of skeletons in our closet.

It only took a new batch of leadership to give the finger to world opinion for most of our allies to turn that tide from support to "not so much...thanks."

Yeah, there are things that have happened in our past that give us black eyes. But honestly, what country has not had rough history? Germany... Britain... Japan... China... Russia... Spain... France.... I mean, you can go on and on, these countries during the past thousand years have done really brutal things to others and themselves. I do not personally hate arabs nor muslims. I hate terrorists with every fiber of my body.

Also, it is true that our country is not best represented by the past few decades, but since this country was formed, we have done some amazing things. WWI, WWII, are two examples, and many, many, MANY more lives were lost then than in the war now.

In all honesty, where would this world be if it wasn't for America? If Britain stopped the revolutionary war, where would we be? Would Hitler (if born) have taken over? We will never know, but I personally think the world is better off with America around.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

You appear to be under the assumption that the current administration cares. Those in power only tend to care about gaining more power. This isn't about republicans or democrats, it's about control and power.

The basics of democracy, if this country still is a democracy, should rectify that dillema. I just want peace, ya know? It sounds like such a beauty padgent cliche, but really, ALL I WANT IS PEACE!

and that should really be the face of our presidents campaign. Get our troops home. Protect our boarders. Focus on the energy problem and find a solution, fast. realize that one day, this planet that we are fighting to reign over, will be gone (i.e. sun swallowing it), and instead work together to continue this race. Respect others to live how they want to live. Is it so hard to go to someone with a smile, and a handshake, and settle things diplomatically instead of using a smoking gun?! ARRRGRGRHRGRGHRGRARG it is so darn frustrating that we are tied with such a terrible message.

on a side note, the term "race" is very interesting in that not only does it define a species, but also a "contest to the finish line."

[edit on 29/6/06 by Mouth]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
All this conspiracy talk about 9/11, possible government involvement, I mean, can we please get real?

The conspiracy theorists may be correct you know.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The conspiracy theorists may be correct you know.

Yeah, that is what I meant. If it were true, then there needs to be some serious changes to our government. It really sucks that it is so hard finding the truth. I said, "can we please get real" meaning, can we please stop hurting ourselves, kinda tone.

[edit: nested quote]
Quoting on ATS – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/29/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's always nice to see what the liberals are thinking. I thank God I'm a conservative.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
It's always nice to see what the liberals are thinking. I thank God I'm a conservative.

You're on a conspiracy theorist message board. Do you honestly believe what is typed here makes up the majority opinion of any political group?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Can you expand on this? Why do you thank God you are a conservative?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

You're on a conspiracy theorist message board. Do you honestly believe what is typed here makes up the majority opinion of any political group?
The polls reflect exactly what we think here. Have you looked at the presidents poll numbers lately???
Those are from the general public, not ATS poll numbers....Oh, i forgot, Republicans dont believe in polls- only when it suits them.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

**First off, I would like to say that I agree with the original posting of this thread. I too, feel bad for our country's direction, and I love my country. If I didn't love it, I would ignore everything that happens and sit back complacently.**

Ok, now back to

So I'm automatically a liberal because I agree? I don't understand this. Why does it even have to be conservative/liberal? Why can't it just be, I believe things are headed in the wrong direction? I personally don't follow any party line, it's just going to cause you to be more divided amongst your fellow citizens. We're all in this together, or at least we should be. Think outside the box for a bit, wouldn't it be easier to say, "I don't agree with this, because it is not how I feel?" Sounds easier, and it sounds like a person that would lead a less complicated life. I can't image what it must be like to stick to just one side and so vehemently defend it, for the sake of just having a side. How about be on the side of fellow Americans? Not political agendas, just on the side of the people?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join