It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Hate. MHO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Niteboy,

You look lovely today.

I agree. This shouldnt even be about different parties, but it always ends up broken up that way.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So I'm automatically a liberal because I agree? I don't understand this. Why does it even have to be conservative/liberal? Why can't it just be, I believe things are headed in the wrong direction? I personally don't follow any party line, it's just going to cause you to be more divided amongst your fellow citizens. We're all in this together, or at least we should be. Think outside the box for a bit, wouldn't it be easier to say, "I don't agree with this, because it is not how I feel?" Sounds easier, and it sounds like a person that would lead a less complicated life. I can't image what it must be like to stick to just one side and so vehemently defend it, for the sake of just having a side. How about be on the side of fellow Americans? Not political agendas, just on the side of the people?

God niteboy, AMEN to you. I didn't even touch on that subject, but I totally agree. Just because people see that things need to change, does not mean that they are liberals. Maybe its because things really do need to change? It is pretty stupid that liberalism is closely tied to change.

If there are people who really think that everything is ok, then our country is really doomed

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
there are 3 things certain in life:

1. death
2. taxes
3. whenever there is a bush in office the country will be pwn3d.

i still dont understand how he got reelected when all the exit polls showed him getting his a$$ handed to him by kerry. i still say it was stolen as i refuse to believe that the majority of my countrymen are being hornswaggled by this charlatan....dont even get me started on dr. evil aka cheney.

edit: ohh and i forgot to say that ive been a republican all my life so this is not about partisan politics. its about good common sense.

[edit on 6/29/2006 by Escrotumus]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Is it so hard to go to someone with a smile, and a handshake, and settle things diplomatically instead of using a smoking gun?!

[edit on 29/6/06 by Mouth]

So what we really need is to build these gigantic arms, so we can give the whole world a great big hug. Then we wouldn't be such meany-heads and everyone would love us. Maybe if we hugged hard enough, we could stop the genocide in Sudan. Didn't the warlords in Somalia just get put in their place by some big handshakes by an Islamic council? Cunning dash of them. If we can hug faster than the speed of light, do you think we can undo the killing fields of Cambodia, the purges in the old society-without-handshakes Soviet Union, or hug all of those people that Chairman Mao put into the grave, right back out again.

Yeah, the US is a pile of crap. We suck. We suck hard. We're crueler and meaner and greedier than the rest of the world. See, while everyone points out our history of slavery and genocide, at least we are trying to work through it as a nation and culture. Take this "I hate our bad 'ol puddy tat Bush 'cause he's mean an' don't hug" thing and ask someone from Sudan, Nigeria, Ivory Coast (hell, all of Africa), Iraq, Iran, North Korea, China, Vietnam, Mexico, Guatamala, Bosnia, Khazakastan, or any of the other "stans" and ask them to trade citizenships with you because you all need to go somewhere more civilized that doesn't treat the rest of the world so bad.

Tell you what. Spend a week in jail. That will tell you all you need to know about how the real world, where nice thoughts are a luxury born of the freedoms in the US and are not quite on the same level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Countries act just like individuals.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by hogtie]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mouth,
You also menchened that adopting the isolationist policy might be better. That is the policy we were using before WW2. And many more people were killed in that period then in this one.
I can see where an isolationist policy would seem better then what we are in now but it has been tried before and it did not bring peach or the big hugs that was talked about prior.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

So what we really need is to build these gigantic arms, so we can give the whole world a great big hug. Then we wouldn't be such meany-heads and everyone would love us. Maybe if we hugged hard enough, we could stop the genocide in Sudan. Didn't the warlords in Somalia just get put in their place by some big handshakes by an Islamic council? Cunning dash of them. If we can hug faster than the speed of light, do you think we can undo the killing fields of Cambodia, the purges in the old society-without-handshakes Soviet Union, or hug all of those people that Chairman Mao put into the grave, right back out again.

Yeah, the US is a pile of crap. We suck. We suck hard. We're crueler and meaner and greedier than the rest of the world. See, while everyone points out our history of slavery and genocide, at least we are trying to work through it as a nation and culture. Take this "I hate our bad 'ol puddy tat Bush 'cause he's mean an' don't hug" thing and ask someone from Sudan, Nigeria, Ivory Coast (hell, all of Africa), Iraq, Iran, North Korea, China, Vietnam, Mexico, Guatamala, Bosnia, Khazakastan, or any of the other "stans" and ask them to trade citizenships with you because you all need to go somewhere more civilized that doesn't treat the rest of the world so bad.

Tell you what. Spend a week in jail. That will tell you all you need to know about how the real world, where nice thoughts are a luxury born of the freedoms in the US and are not quite on the same level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Countries act just like individuals.

Almost like you are trying to stur up trouble.

First of all, if you remember, the cuban missile crisis was ended through diplomacy, not through blowing up a country. What happened to foreign relations?

Second, Spending a week in prison does not equate to the lives of those oppressed in the middle east and other countries.

Thirdly, countries do not act like individuals. look at Bush's aproval rating...

Edited to remove nested quote

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth

Almost like you are trying to stur up trouble.

First of all, if you remember, the cuban missile crisis was ended through diplomacy, not through blowing up a country. What happened to foreign relations?

Second, Spending a week in prison does not equate to the lives of those oppressed in the middle east and other countries.

Thirdly, countries do not act like individuals. look at Bush's aproval rating...

Edited to remove nested quote

If I don't stir up trouble, then my purpose goes unfulfilled and I will disolve into mush.

The Cuban missle crisis ended because the Russians played chicken and lost. To quote Dean Rusk ""We are eyeball to eyeball, and the other fellow just blinked." Rather I should say that the use of force was a guaruntee. Diplomacy without the will to use force is a toothless dog. Hence the UN's useless resolutions about Iraq.

As for jail, you miss the point. That is where you find out that not everyone drinks lattes and waxes poetic about the Daily Show (which is hiliarious, but even John Stuart is ashamed of those who use it as their only source of news). This is where you see how people act.

Countries do act like people. There is not an action or direction taken by a country that can not be found in an individual. To understand politics, the core is to understand people.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Mouth,
Not saying I agree with everything that has been posted hear, but I do think Hogtie does have a good point about we treat others so bad hear, try liveing in one of the Stans, or some place in that part of the world. We are blessed hear and we have spent over 200 years trying to find a good balence between government protection and individual rights.

To quote an early american auther
"Government is at best a necessary evil, at worst an intolerable one"

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by heelstone

You're on a conspiracy theorist message board. Do you honestly believe what is typed here makes up the majority opinion of any political group?
The polls reflect exactly what we think here. Have you looked at the presidents poll numbers lately???
Those are from the general public, not ATS poll numbers....Oh, i forgot, Republicans dont believe in polls- only when it suits them.

The only real poll number was last November.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

If I don't stir up trouble, then my purpose goes unfulfilled and I will disolve into mush.

Ok. Great.

The Cuban missle crisis ended because the Russians played chicken and lost. To quote Dean Rusk ""We are eyeball to eyeball, and the other fellow just blinked." Rather I should say that the use of force was a guaruntee. Diplomacy without the will to use force is a toothless dog. Hence the UN's useless resolutions about Iraq.

So, would you rather the US start blowing up everyone else? The ability to resolve issues by diplomacy saves lives. If force is needed, needed, it should only be the last resort. Why are you for killing people?

As for jail, you miss the point. That is where you find out that not everyone drinks lattes and waxes poetic about the Daily Show (which is hiliarious, but even John Stuart is ashamed of those who use it as their only source of news). This is where you see how people act.

Do you know me? No. So don't make assumptions. You know where I find people that do not drink lattes? Through my community service hours for social work (volunteering) in the slums of bridgeport, CT, where I see many cases of beaten children and wives, hear terrible stories drug related, etc. I deal with people so poor in this country that I can only imagine what others go through in third world countries. One life at I time, I try to save/help. Please, do not lecture me on seeing the real world, I have seen enough already. My father, who was in the peace corps in the 70's, can tell a few stories as well. Also, just because I referred to a guest on the daily show does not mean it is my only source for news. And BTW, I hate coffee.

Countries do act like people. There is not an action or direction taken by a country that can not be found in an individual. To understand politics, the core is to understand people.

An individual? Surely that is true, but definitely not by the masses. Again, most people don't even know what is going on. Ask a stranger, geez, some people dont even know who the president is. So to understand politics, you need not to look at the people, but to the policies instilled by the polititians.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Mouth,
Not saying I agree with everything that has been posted hear, but I do think Hogtie does have a good point about we treat others so bad hear, try liveing in one of the Stans, or some place in that part of the world. We are blessed hear and we have spent over 200 years trying to find a good balence between government protection and individual rights.

To quote an early american auther
"Government is at best a necessary evil, at worst an intolerable one"

WE treat others badly? I am sorry, I missed the part where I am involved with government/military actions. and I said before, I am very lucky with the hand I was dealt, as are most of us on ATS. I try to do my part (see my last post), one life at a time.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99

The only real poll number was last November.

that was your second post in this thread.....

how many one liners do you have?

If your goal was to represent the perfect example of a Republican idiot, then you have achieved it....

BACK ON TOPIC, SINCE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD..

I completely agree with the OP...We are in a sad, sad state of being...What will it take? Another 9/11? How can people so quickly forget to love one another and work together for a greater cause?

Too many power mongers....Too many greedy bastards....

Those fellows in Miami are just one example.....although I personally do not agree with their rationale, I do believe there will be more and more just like them....

It is sad when this great country has driven itself to be hated by the vast majority of its own people.....not to even mention, other countries....

The last time that happened on this scale, we had the Civil War....and I fear that it will become a reality again if we continue to tread this path.....

It isn't about race....It isn't about religion.....that is what THEY wan't you to believe...

It all boils down to money and power...control of the world.....

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, all this talk is why I wish when other countires talk about certain situations they would stop saying "the Americans". Or, "America...whatever". It is our current admisistration that they are really having a problem with.

Everytime I see our president speak, I cringe. Does he even have speech writers? It's the same phrases over and over again. Is that all he can remember? He gets flustered very easily, then just simply repeats himself. When he talkes to other counties that he says he is using "diplomacy" he tends to use the word "demand" a lot. How can you have a constructive conversation with someone when you are "demanding" something from them?

He has no presidential presence. He behaves like an extra from the Dukes of Hazzard!

I just can't wait until this admin is gone...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
2 more years........ hopefully we (or someone else) won't destoy our beautiful country by then and our next president knows how to "play nice."

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by johnlear

What bothers me the most about our current situation is the hate-mongering against arab/muslims fostered by most of the talk show radio hosts.

REPLY: Islam is as Islam does. Only one or two respected members of the Islamic community has spoken up against the radical members of their religion-turned-politic.
One only has to look to what comes out of the mouths of CAIR to see why they are so backwards. They're doing it to themselves.

85% of places in the world where blood is flowing has Islam as it's cause. They've been doing this for 1400 years, all over the world, so "we're" not the only ones who have a dislike for them.

The Islamic nations are still the ones commiting slavery, of Blacks and non-believers.
I don't like them for that reason, mainly.

"Day after day after day you hear everyone of those guys talk about those 'dirty rotten muslims', and those 'dirty rotten arabs'...."

REPLY: I've never heard those words used. That's a bit of sensationalism on your part.

"....who hate our freedom and hate our way of life."

REPLY: True, they do, and in a couple of aspects I agree with them.

Maybe thats true for a few of them. But its not true for the majority. Your average arab/muslim is just like us: he wants to live in peace, to be left alone, to try and eke out a living and to take care of and love his family. Thats all. Just like you and me.

REPLY: No, that's only partially true. Their religion wants an end to everyone who doesn't believe in or belong to Islam.

The main problem here is that 'someone', for whatever reason, wants us to believe that arab/muslims are an inferior race, are still lving in the dark ages, AND were responsible for 911.

REPLY: Not all races and cultures are "equal", contrary to what you've been taught. Yes, the radical elements of the religion WERE responsible for 9-11 and, if the others don't raise up in indignation as to what the radicals are doing, and getting rid of those who defame their religion, they are no better.

"....there is a cosmic (call it whatever you want) karmic balance that eventually balances good against evil.

REPLY: Yep, and it's called superior weapons and intelligence. Peace doesn't happen "on it's own." never has, never will; unfortunately.

"....Eventually, the pure evil we see going on in our own country...."

REPLY: Like what?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
REPLY: No, that's only partially true. Their religion wants an end to everyone who doesn't believe in or belong to Islam.

hopefully, you are not ignorant enough to believe that statement.....

Islam teaches the same principles as every other major religion...

It is those who contort the original teachings.....which also happens in other religions...that become the "extremists"....

The only extreme-ism that ANY religion is based on is the extreme love for this planet and the gifts given to each and every soul here...and the extreme love for one another.....

....and as far as questioning the pure evils that exist in our own country, do I need to start another topic to address them?....because I can if you would like.....

[edit on 29-6-2006 by JSquared]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow, I mean, these people are sick.

Mourners killed by bomber

Just goes to show you how crazy people are over there. Can you remember a time when someone on American soil bombed a funeral?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by toolman

It goes much farther than posted here....Bush had 3 trillion surplus when he took office, we are now at 7 trillion deficit...10 trillion dollars down the drain..?

REPLY: The "surplus" was bogus; a result of juggling the numbers.

Bush Sr. could control the Neocons in the GOP, little bush cannot.

REPLY: "Neoconservatism. Noun. def: Political ideology of the US new conservatives, favoring hawkish views on foreign policy, minimal government regulation and little emphasis on social issues."

Bush Sr. was a NWO kind of guy; Jr. is not. Again, good.

All good, and shows a return to the ideals this country was founded upon.

We are being left with massive deficits...... an economy teetering on recession, etc.

REPLY: The deficit is only 2.9% of GDP, better than it has been in decades and, thanks to the reductuion in the tax rates, the past two months has shown more money going into the government coffers than went out.

".... somwhere between 20-25% of the cost of oil is directly related to the invasion of Iraq...."

REPLY: No, it's not that high, and the fuel prices are the result of supply and demand, and because India and China are driving the prices up.

"...look what we are doing to the World Economy...."

REPLY: Our strong economy is helping to support the economies of much of the world; people always take their money to where it's treated best; right here in the USA.

BushW will be remembered as one of the worst US presidents in History.

REPLY: If you live long enough to se it, Bush Jr. will be rated along the likes of Winston Churchill.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

REPLY: If you live long enough to se it, Bush Jr. will be rated along the likes of Winston Churchill.

Umm, I would not go that far. I seriously doubt GW will even be in the same ballpark as winston churchill, other than that, I like your comments.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by DaFunk13

Most of our friends on this rock are only so because they had something to gain, whether military support, financial support, etc..."

REPLY: The "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch your's" idea has been around for a thousand years.

You have to remember that much of Amerca's greatness was built on the backs of fellow human beings...

REPLY: .... as is true of most every country. America (mostly Republicans), is also who started the ball rolling on ending slavery, which spread to most every part of the world.

It only took a new batch of leadership to give the finger to world opinion for most of our allies to turn that tide from support to "not so much...thanks."

REPLY: Since WW2, the only true allies we've had is Britain.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join