It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowley, what is so bad?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am disinclinced to defend Crowley, in the main because I think he would resent any such effort. He went out of his way to cultivate an outlandish image and I think he would be greatly amused by the things that are said of him today.

One small point, however, deserves some clarification. Everyone seems very quick to say that Crowley was a drug fiend, but few bother to learn what was behind the statement.

Crowley, like me, suffered from asthma. It was serious enough that at several points in his life, it nearly killed him. Sadly, in his day the only available treatment for asthma was heroine, which was duly prescribed for him by his doctor. And that, as you might guess, caused a great many problems.

I have no doubt that Crowley experimented with drugs. I don't doubt this simply because he says he did. But I also have little doubt that the drug that had the worst effect on his life was heroine, to which he was addicted both because he needed it to be able to breathe and because it is highly addicted.

If anyone is interested in seeing a Crowley different from the usual presentation, I suggest "Magic without Tears." Because these were private letters, not truly intended at the time for publication (although Crowley seems to have assumed everything he ever wrote would eventually be publishable, which turns out to be true), he doesn't play quite as many games with the reader. He seems funny, charming, and somewhat of a con man.

I personally think Crowley had the kind of personality that allowed him to become either a Black Mage (with all the attendant foolishness) or a politician (with all that foolishness) and he simply chose the more moral path.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
One last thing regarding this thread.

Originally posted by Masonic Light
He claimed that the actual magical formula of the Aeon of Osiris was "Love Under Fear", which would be replaced by that of the Aeon of Horus, "Love Under Will". His attempt to abolish or "purify" religion and occultism of Osirian influences was extremely revolutionary in a sense. And of course his natural starting point would have been to expose what he perceived as the errors of Osirian mentality before he replace them with Horusian ones.

Yes, the Piscean influence was more about blind-faith in Christ(Ausar) without doing our own part(Heru/Tiphereth).

But it is about balance.

In this Aquarian Age, the keynote is doing our part(Heru/Tiphereth), while still having Faith in Christ/Ausar(Kether or Chokmah depending on your perspective, but the two are really inseparable).

Without balance we have, as Amir Fatir pointed out, Shay-tan(which means "two-wills"); when we do our own egotistical will without considering the Will of the Internal Christ.

Aleister Crowley wanted to teach us to give all the Power to our Heru or Tiphereth without eliminating the ego and without deeply considering the Cosmic Christ, who is Ausar in the Kemetian Tree of Life.

Without eliminating the ego, we really don't even allow the Causal Principle(Heru) to manifest in/from us like it should.

Drug addiction, homosexuality, and Aleister Crowley's other excessive behaviours are obviously not showing us to do the Will of our Being, or Will of The Absolute(Emptiness).

Sometimes Bodhisattvas do apparently crazy things to break the mold and shake people from their fanaticism; but a real Adept of the Middle Way would never go so far, as to try to drag other people to the Abyss through her/his wreckless examples.

Anyway, this is a simplification of sorts, as I don't have time to get into it more.

But The Pistis Sophia Unveiled(Samael Aun Weor's commentary of G.R.S. Mead's translation) breaks this all down in relation to the 24th Mystery or Arcanum of the Tarot.

Regards

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Crowley is awesome I love his books and appreciate his efforts to the cause..

I was wondering if anyone has tried his mixture of Alpine Galangal and Alpine Turmeric(not the culinary kind)...

or does anyone know of any reference that Crowley has made to these two plants...

Cug

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Aleister Crowley wanted to teach us to give all the Power to our Heru or Tiphereth without eliminating the ego and without deeply considering the Cosmic Christ, who is Ausar in the Kemetian Tree of Life.

I was wondering why you think Crowley ignored eliminating the Ego?

That's the goal of Thelema. Crossing the abyss is the point where it happens. You either cross the Abyss and win against Choronzon (Choronzon,r represents those parts of one's consciousness that are unwilling or unable to enter the divine, or in other words the Ego) and enter the degree of Magister Templi, or you fail in your fight with Choronzon and fall into the Abyss forever controlled by your Ego and become a "Black Brother."

Originally posted by dnero6911
I was wondering if anyone has tried his mixture of Alpine Galangal and Alpine Turmeric(not the culinary kind)...

or does anyone know of any reference that Crowley has made to these two plants...

Galangal oil is one of the ingredients of Oil Of Abremelin, that in turn is part of the Cakes of Light.

Turmeric? I don't recall any mention of it, It's might be in 777 but that would just give some correspondences.. Can you give a reference?

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

Galangal oil is one of the ingredients of Oil Of Abremelin, that in turn is part of the Cakes of Light.

Turmeric? I don't recall any mention of it, It's might be in 777 but that would just give some correspondences.. Can you give a reference?

[edit on 8/8/2006 by Cug]

Not particularly other than the description of the product at www.iamshaman.com...
it says it was a favorite of Mr. Crowley, and that the two combined was used for physic awareness and balancing the ying/yang.. etc.. I was more or less looking for a reference made by him concerning their use.

Cug

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That's just BS hype I'd say.

I have 90% of Crowley's writings (and all of the important magical works) indexed and searchable on my harddrive and Turmeric never shows up.

You can't even say Galangal was a "favorite". It's only mentioned as one of the ingredients of the Oil Of Abremelin.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
That's just BS hype I'd say.

I have 90% of Crowley's writings (and all of the important magical works) indexed and searchable on my harddrive and Turmeric never shows up.

You can't even say Galangal was a "favorite". It's only mentioned as one of the ingredients of the Oil Of Abremelin.

It could be.. but who knows, maybe someone who knew him wrote about it.. or for all we know, he never wrote about it and just used it.. either way I"m sure he knew about the combination.. I have close to the same amount of his works as you do, if not all of them... (although lost on a bus somewhere right now) .. so I couldn't search them.. but I was just wondering if he put the plants into the context of a ritual.. or how to perform or use it as a tool.. I was more curious about what he used it for.. I like it, its good stuff so I can see why he would.. but I was just searching for a deeper meaning..

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hi Cug(I'm still here for a minute
)

Yes, Thelema is about the elimination of the ego.

But we have to understand that by "ego" we are not only referring to pride or vanity, or referring only to the mistaken view of a inherently existing "I".

That's pretty much the root of ego(along with lust), however we also need to understand that each of our defects(hate, lust, envy, greed, etc.) is also an ego or "I", or each one like a different personality in itself.

The "I" of lust wants to fornicate, while another "I" of gluttony is screaming that it wants ice cream, while another "I" of laziness wants to watch TV, etc.

Samael Aun Weor(and the Tibetan Buddhists and Gurdjieff) teach us that we do not have true Individuality(indivisible duality) until this Legion of quarreling "I's"(Red Demons of Set) is put to death.

In other words, while we work to meditate on realizing the Emptiness of an intrinsic-self or "I", we also have to work on our defects one at a time.

In Tibetan Buddhism, we learn that if one were to search in meditation for a self-existing "I", this one would not be able to find it, neither through analytical meditation, nor through meditation on the Void(no-thing).

Phenomena do not exist from their own side; they only arise, interact with each other and disintigrate in relation to everything else, and are impermanent.

So one might experience the level of the Tree of Life of Atma/Chesed; but if in a meditation session one discards the Atmic body and keeps going('across the Abyss') this one will find the Christ/Logos. If one keeps going even deeper they will go beyond the manifest Logos and enter the Illuminating Void or Shunyata, where All is Truly One(and no-thing). They would experience the Inner Light which has it's center everywhere and circumference nowhere(The Solar Absolute or Clear Light).

It is taught that all this is possible to achieve through Willpower and Imagination, even for one who still has their Consciousness/Will bottled up within the many egos or "I's". Through Imagination and Willpower we can extract the Consciousness from the personality and even experience the Absolute, however when that Essence returns to the personality after the meditation session, the many "I's" are still there if they have not previously been eliminated through the utilization of the sexual act(although some egos can be eliminated by a bachelor who is in chastity).

This is why we have to work on our defects one by one.

Because even if we attain Right View of Emptiness through meditation, this doesn't mean that the egos have in their totality been eliminated.

And this is dangerous, because they will be there to tempt us into falling.

This is where the Abyss(Daath/Sex) comes in.

We have to understand directly the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil(Daath/Gnosis).

To Unite Heaven and Earth(to use Taoist terminology), we work from Below(sex) and from Above(meditation).

The Tao is found in the Middle, the Kundalini, in the Spinal Column or Brahma Nadi and only Unites Heaven and Earth via the Kundalini through Sex, according to the merits of the Heart.

The egos (the "aggregates" of Tibetan Buddhism) that bottle up our Consciousness/Will can only be fully eliminated by working with Sex(Daath).

This is why monks can only reach a certain level of Initiation without a consort.

A monk might be a Master meditator and have experienced every level of the Tree of Life, but if he doesn't utilize the Sexual act to eliminate the aggregates, he will eventually fall somewhere in his day to day life.

With the sex, we can create(the Solar Bodies) and destroy(the ego).

The ego was created because of the symbolic Fall, or because of fornication.

We have to re-enter Eden through the door that we left: Sex.

But this is only if we Transmute, instead of spilling the seed or reaching orgasm.

If we fornicate, the Flaming Sword that guards Eden, or Lucifer, drives us out.

The Three Factors for the Revolution of the Consciousness(which require Thelema) are:

To Be Born Again(create the Solar Bodies/Merkabah)

To Die(eliminate the egos)

To Sacrifice for Humanity(the Path of the Bodhisattva)

This is where it gets really interesting.

It is said that Aleister Crowley created the Solar Bodies(he was actually Born Again, and most believing Christians are not!
) through Alchemy(probably what he learned in Egyptian Masonry); however, he was what is called a:

Hanasmuss (Plural: Hanasmussen) “The Twice Born who does not reduce his Lunar Ego to cosmic dust converts himself into an abortion of the Cosmic Mother. He becomes a Marut, and there exist thousands of types of Maruts. Certain oriental sects and some Muslim tribes commit the lamentable error of rendering cult to all of those families of Maruts. Every Marut, every Hanasmuss (plural: Hanasmussen) has in fact two personalities: one White and another Black (one Solar and another Lunar). The Innermost, the Being dressed with the Solar Electronic Bodies, is the White Personality of the Hanasmuss, and the pluralized “I” dressed with the Protoplasmic Lunar Bodies is the Hanasmuss’ Black Personality. Therefore, these Maruts have a double center of gravity.” In synthesis, everyone who has ego is a Hanasmuss. For more information, see the lecture entitled The Master Key and the book The Elimination of Satan's Tail.

So Aleister Crowley is said to have worked with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil to Create the Solar Bodies, but he did not finish with the elimination of ego which caused him to fall.

If you look at the rituals that he introduced to the O.T.O., there is just no way that they could be for White Initiations.

Obviously when one fornicates(orgasm) or engages in homosexual activity, they fall.

Isn't there also a ritual that involves ingesting menstrual blood and also one working with excrement?

Crowley's system of sex magic?

VII° Adoration of the phallus as Baphomet, both within and without

VIII° Interaction with something outside the closed vessels of the vagina and the anus

IX° Interaction inside the vagina with either the blood or the secretions of a woman when excited

X° Impregnation + fertilisation of an egg + the act of creation or succession (e.g. election of the OHO)

XI° Two-folded: i) Isolation in the anus where it is considered unable to interact with anything at all ii) interaction with excrements (one of Crowley’s preferred ingredients) and small amounts of blood (when small wounds occur through the intercourse), mucus and of course the mucous membranes that lead directly into the blood supply, etc., etc.

Yuck!

Let's see what the Pistis Sophia has to say about that kind of thing:

Of the chastisement of a foul act of sorcery:

Thomas said: “We have heard that there are some on the earth who take the male seed and the female monthly blood, and make it into a lentil porridge and eat it, saying, ‘We have faith in Esau and Jacob.’ Is this then seemly or not?”

Jesus was wroth with the world in that hour and said unto Thomas: “Amen, I say: This sin is more heinous than all sins and iniquities. Such men will straight way be taken into the outer darkness and not be cast back anew into the sphere, but they shall perish, be destroyed in the outer darkness in a region where there is neither pity nor light, but howling and grinding of teeth. And all the souls which shall be brought into the outer darkness will not be cast back anew, but will be destroyed and dissolved.”

Anyway, we really can't cross the Abyss if we aren't in Chastity(which is different than celibacy).

We have to work with the Abyss which is Sex(Woman and Man), Daath, The Tree of Gnosis, without spilling the seed; because if we reach orgasm, the Kundalini that we are to raise will fall.

When we refrain the desire to orgasm, the sexual fluid is transmuted into Ojas or Christic Energy.

And for one to raise the Kundalini and create the Solar Bodies, and then fall, is very grave.

If this Hanasmuss does not raise himself back up(which is extremely difficult), he will be in the Hell Realms for much longer than the average ignorant sinner; as the Solar Bodies take much longer to disintigrate than do the lunar bodies of the common person.

The Hell Realms(Inferior Abyss or Klipoth) are there to eliminate the egos in a slow, mechanical and painful way; because we did not do it on our own Consciously.

Once the egos are completely dead after the painful journey through Dante's Inferno, we are able to return to Samsara as an innocent Human Elemental dressed in lunar rags.

But for our Being(Ain Soph) to Self-Realize himself(Ain Soph Paranishpanna), he needs to create the Solar Bodies, and also eliminate the ego.

Now I don't want to say that all of this is my personal experience.

However I have studied quite a bit, and would like to share what I've learned.

Regards

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
C.W. Leadbeater has something very interesting to say about this.

(Bear in mind that many Theosophists erroneously refer to the Essence and/or Horus/Causal-Body/Tiphereth/Higher-Manas as "the ego"; so we have to understand what he's referring to. But it makes sense in a way, if we consider that the deepest defects or "I"/egos that bottle up our Consciousness, are the Causal ones.

The Dark Powers

There are other considerations about which it is just as well that we should know something. At such a time of upliftment as that of which we have spoken, we receive a very unusual outpouring of spiritual force from on high, from the Great White Brotherhood, from our individual Masters and teachers. There is an obscure law in Nature which produces this rather curious result, that whenever there is a great outrush of higher and grander forces, there is also a corresponding efflux undesirable energy. It may seem strange, but it undoubtedly is so; it has been put sometimes that when the Great Ones, working on the side of evolution, permit Themselves to give an unusual benediction, in some curious kind of balance or fairness, They must allow a similar outflow of force on the other side. We have heard much of Darker Powers, of black magicians, of Brothers of the Shadow. These men are following an absolutely different line from ours, a line which brings them into collision with the Masters of the Wisdom, with the Hierarchy which directs the world and the solar system. Naturally that opposition acts not only upon those great Adepts, but upon us, Their humble followers.

I do not wish to devote much space to these people in this book. I have written of them at considerable length in Talks on the Path of Occultism, pp. 632-5. I have little to add to what is there stated, except to say that one theory, on which they justify to themselves their amazing proceedings, is that the Logos does not really wish for union-- that His intention in evolution is the development of each individual to the highest possible level. (You will note, by the way-- though they would never admit it-- that that level is not very high, after all, because their scheme keeps them working at the strengthening of the ego, and will not carry them on to the buddhic and nirvanic planes, which are planes of union.)

They say: "You think you see about you signs of evolution towards union; you think that is the will of the Logos. On the contrary, that is a temptation which the Logos is putting in your way. Instead of wanting you to become one, He wants you to assert your individuality in spite of all this which tempts you to be absorbed into an undistinguished unity."

People who really believe that find themselves in conflict with us and with our Masters at every point and all the way through; we follow our own Masters, who know much more about the Will of the Logos than anyone taking that wrong line can ever come to know, because They can attain union with Him, which is impracticable for the advocates of separateness.

Therefore it comes that these men oppose us; they attempt to obtain recruits; like every one else, they want to convert others to their own opinions, and if we are developing and refining ourselves a little more than the average man in some ways, we are the very people of whom they want to get hold. Many of the more intellectual of them are as little enmeshed in materiality as any great ascetic. They quite agree that man should put aside lower things and aim at the higher; but they aim at an intensified individuality which in the end can only come to grief. So they are very likely to try to influence us, to intensify the individuality in us, to awaken a subtle conceit in us. Remember that it is part of their creed to be utterly unscrupulous; to them scrupulosity would seem a foolish and despicable weakness, so they will play the meanest tricks.

There is one of our special dangers. The more advanced we can become, the better prey we should be for these Brothers of the Shadow if they could get hold of us. But they cannot get hold of us, they cannot touch us, as long as we can keep ourselves in full community of thought with our Masters; as long as we can keep ourselves steadfastly along the line of unselfishness, of the constant outpouring of love.

Our strength against these Darker Powers is our union with our Masters, and our power to keep ourselves in Their attitude-- open always towards influences from above, but resolutely closed against all separative agencies which may try to affect us. Anything which tends to accentuate separateness is simply playing into the hands of the enemy; and this is true in small things as well as in those which we think greater. So we must put aside all silly little jealousies and animosities; every time that we yield ourselves to them we make ourselves weak spots in the Theosophical citadel, breaches in its defences; each time we indulge our lower nature by letting it have a gleeful little orgy of pride and spite, of feeling itself offended by some perfectly innocent brother, we are to just that extent traitors to our Masters. We might think: "Surely our Masters will save us from any such downfall as that." They will not, because They cannot interfere with our liberty; we must learn to stand alone. Besides, we do not want to give our Masters the trouble of watching over us as a nurse watches over a little toddling child. The Adepts are the busiest people in the world; They deal with egos in blocks; They deal with souls by the million, not with personalities one by one. Still, if in real extremity one calls upon a Master, a response certainly comes. We should be very sorry to cause the Master even that moment' s trouble if we could possibly help it, but when really necessary the aid does come...

Just remembered reading that and thought that it is interesting(make sure you take the way he used certain words in the proper context).

So what Mr. Leadbeater was saying, is that what the 'Black Brothers' want, is to follow the will of the egos(and not of Ausar/Osiris) and go no higher on the Tree of Life than Tiphereth or Horus/Heru(remember that Heru and Christ need to be in Harmony with one another for the "Self"-Realization).

But from what I understand; Christ recently modified the Tree of Life so that the Black Magicians can no longer enter the Superior Spheres at all, let alone Tiphereth(meaning they're stuck in the physical plane and Klipoth until they repent)

Anyway, Cug; perhaps I'll one day read "The Book of the Law"(the book in which A.C. is said to have violated his Gnostic oath by publishing) and get back to you on it if you're still around.

If you're interested in learning about The Three Factors for the Revolution of the Consciousness(Birth, Death and Resurrection), The Three Mountains explains it in detail.

Regards

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To discuss the Science and Philosophies of Atman and Atman, in relation to the Superior Abyss(Daath) and the inferior abyss(Klipoth), is indeed a difficult thing to put into words.

What I mainly wanted to address, is this:

This is where it gets really interesting.

It is said that Aleister Crowley created the Solar Bodies(he was actually Born Again, and most believing Christians are not!
) through Alchemy(probably what he learned in Egyptian Masonry); however, he was what is called a:

Hanasmuss (Plural: Hanasmussen) “The Twice Born who does not reduce his Lunar Ego to cosmic dust converts himself into an abortion of the Cosmic Mother. He becomes a Marut, and there exist thousands of types of Maruts. Certain oriental sects and some Muslim tribes commit the lamentable error of rendering cult to all of those families of Maruts. Every Marut, every Hanasmuss (plural: Hanasmussen) has in fact two personalities: one White and another Black (one Solar and another Lunar). The Innermost, the Being dressed with the Solar Electronic Bodies, is the White Personality of the Hanasmuss, and the pluralized “I” dressed with the Protoplasmic Lunar Bodies is the Hanasmuss’ Black Personality. Therefore, these Maruts have a double center of gravity.” In synthesis, everyone who has ego is a Hanasmuss. For more information, see the lecture entitled The Master Key and the book The Elimination of Satan's Tail.

So Aleister Crowley is said to have worked with the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil to Create the Solar Bodies, but he did not finish with the elimination of ego which caused him to fall.

If you look at the rituals that he introduced to the O.T.O., there is just no way that they could be for White Initiations.

Obviously when one fornicates(orgasm) or engages in homosexual activity, they fall.

Isn't there also a A. Crowley influenced O.T.O. ritual that involves ingesting menstrual blood and also one working with excrement?

Crowley's system of "Sex Magick"?

VII° Adoration of the phallus as Baphomet, both within and without

VIII° Interaction with something outside the closed vessels of the vagina and the anus

IX° Interaction inside the vagina with either the blood or the secretions of a woman when excited

X° Impregnation + fertilisation of an egg + the act of creation or succession (e.g. election of the OHO)

XI° Two-folded: i) Isolation in the anus where it is considered unable to interact with anything at all ii) interaction with excrements (one of Crowley’s preferred ingredients) and small amounts of blood (when small wounds occur through the intercourse), mucus and of course the mucous membranes that lead directly into the blood supply, etc., etc.

Yuck!

Let's see what the Pistis Sophia has to say about that kind of thing:

Of the chastisement of a foul act of sorcery:

Thomas said: “We have heard that there are some on the earth who take the male seed and the female monthly blood, and make it into a lentil porridge and eat it, saying, ‘We have faith in Esau and Jacob.’ Is this then seemly or not?”

Jesus was wroth with the world in that hour and said unto Thomas: “Amen, I say: This sin is more heinous than all sins and iniquities. Such men will straight way be taken into the outer darkness and not be cast back anew into the sphere, but they shall perish, be destroyed in the outer darkness in a region where there is neither pity nor light, but howling and grinding of teeth. And all the souls which shall be brought into the outer darkness will not be cast back anew, but will be destroyed and dissolved.”

Cug

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
To be honest I just deleted the long post I was working on. It was really just a Samael Aun Weor bash fest, and way off topic with this thread.

So I shall try something different, and try to sum up that basics of what I believe to be the core of Tamahu posts.

The main thing is Sex Magick. (and I'll do my best to PG this)

Samael Aun Weor believed that the avoidance of orgasm was the only way to "enlightenment." The sexual energy that is raised and retained is used to achieve Gnosis, any "spilling of the seed" will prevent this even say a nocturnal emission. I assume there is an exception for the sole purpose for procreation, but I don't know what it is. Any type of Sex Magick that does not conform to these rules is "Black Magick." This is basically a form of eastern Sex Magick

Crowley believed that the extra sexual energy from the orgasm is used to "charge" the sexual fluids. The fluids are then used in diffrent ways depending on the desired result. It my be applied to something like a talisman for example, or it may be ingested. This is a type of Western Sex Magick.

There are some other things but I think that's the main one. Basically it's a "my guru said he was bad so he was" type of thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Anyway, we really can't cross the Abyss if we aren't in Chastity(which is different than celibacy).

We have to work with the Abyss which is Sex(Woman and Man), Daath, The Tree of Gnosis, without spilling the seed; because if we reach orgasm, the Kundalini that we are to raise will fall.

When we refrain the desire to orgasm, the sexual fluid is transmuted into Ojas or Christic Energy.

And for one to raise the Kundalini and create the Solar Bodies, and then fall, is very grave.

If this Hanasmuss does not raise himself back up(which is extremely difficult), he will be in the Hell Realms for much longer than the average ignorant sinner; as the Solar Bodies take much longer to disintigrate than do the lunar bodies of the common person.

The Hell Realms(Inferior Abyss or Klipoth) are there to eliminate the egos in a slow, mechanical and painful way; because we did not do it on our own Consciously.

Once the egos are completely dead after the painful journey through Dante's Inferno, we are able to return to Samsara as an innocent Human Elemental dressed in lunar rags.

But for our Being(Ain Soph) to Self-Realize himself(Ain Soph Paranishpanna), he needs to create the Solar Bodies, and also eliminate the ego.

Now I don't want to say that all of this is my personal experience.

This is very important information Tamahu and beats the usual side-stepping and dead ending of good info that goes on here thanks to the brethren.

It's my belief that Kundalini enlightenment is the Holy Grail.. It is this super force which has variously been called vril power, chi and Orgone energy over the years, and it is the secret which solves all the mysteries of our world.

The Egyptians used it to hew out their incredible monuments, when its secrets are lost, civilisations fall. The one who has had their kundalini awakened can bend the very strands of reality and start to make a world fitting their desires.

It is however a potentially very dangerous force and many become utterly overthrown by its power, and, if their baser instincts are not tamed, they cam become tyrants, immoral, megalomaniacal, and perverted. Unfortunately our secret socities contain a large portion of the latter which explains why our world has such low moral standards, the foundations are unsound as the men who built them.

This is where the tradition of the divine man comes from. Men-gods like Christ, Caesar and Louis 14th, all had their kundalini energies awakened.. so too, I suspect, did Hitler!

Take a look at the following:

In this symbol (Silvio Berlusconi incidentally has it mown into his lawn) the Kundalini serpent has the man in his jaws and the power has made a King of the man. The Red cross symbolises the sun as in 'solar enlightenment', because the 'sun' is at the heart of every vibration of life on this planet.

As for Crowley: Kicked out of Italy for murdering children. Not a very nice man! Too powerful and well connected to get the punishment he deserved.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Edelweiss Pirate]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

murdering children.

Edelweiss Pirate - every time I catch you saying this (in every ATS Thread I catch you saying this) - I will point out the fact that Crowley was talking about the Ovum & Sperm.
He *DID NOT* Murder any Children nor did he advocate doing so.
Stop posting Mis-Information!

Deny Ignorance.

Other than that - a fairly decent Thread.

[edit on 15-8-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

He *DID NOT* Murder any Children nor did he advocate doing so.

It just goes to show how easily lies trickle from EP's keyboard. After all, even a complete idiot knows that if someone is a child murderer, the authorities aren't going to just kick them out of the country for punishment.

For the record, the Italian government expelled Crowley and several associates after the Fascist crackdown on non-Catholic religious groups. This was done to help Mussolini endear himself to the papal powers. The entire fiasco about the expulsion is documented in Dr. Israel Regardie's book, "The Eye In The Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley". At the time, Regardie worked as Crowley's personal secretary, and was expelled along with him.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edelweiss Pirate
It's my belief that Kundalini enlightenment is the Holy Grail..

Yes, the Feminine Yoni, the Shakti of the Indus-Kush and Shekinah of the Hebrews; the Divine Mother Kundalini.

It is this super force which has variously been called vril power, chi and Orgone energy over the years, and it is the secret which solves all the mysteries of our world.

This is certainly in agreement with the teachings of Samael Aun Weor and Zanoni.

Speaking of which, as a side note:

"However, the Master Zanoni (from the White Lodge), dresses in a black tunic and wears a distinguished mantle of the same color, but never a black hood. This is because the black hood is only for black magicians." - Samael Aun Weor

Notice in the movie "The DaVinci Code": The so-called "Brothers of the Temple" are dressed in black hoods.

In Dan Browns novel, he also suggests the reaching of orgasm to achieve Gnosis.

So misinfo is often passed off as apparent Gnostic knowledge, such as in the movie "The Matrix"(written by followers of Aleister Crowley).

The Egyptians used it to hew out their incredible monuments, when its secrets are lost, civilisations fall. The one who has had their kundalini awakened can bend the very strands of reality and start to make a world fitting their desires.

Thus the Raised Serpent on the head-dress of the Shekemu:

Though when utilized properly, this force is for the Will of one's Internal God(Neter), and not for one's desires.

When it is for the latter is when civilizations fall.

"Do what thou (Inner-GOD)Wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under (the)Will(of thy Inner-GOD)."

It is however a potentially very dangerous force and many become utterly overthrown by its power, and, if their baser instincts are not tamed, they cam become tyrants, immoral, megalomaniacal, and perverted. Unfortunately our secret socities contain a large portion of the latter which explains why our world has such low moral standards, the foundations are unsound as the men who built them.

This is where the tradition of the divine man comes from. Men-gods like Christ, Caesar and Louis 14th, all had their kundalini energies awakened.. so too, I suspect, did Hitler!

True indeed(I'm not sure one way or the other about Caeser and Louis 14th, but I'm almost positive that H.H. The 14th Dalai Lama has created the Solar Bodies, otherwise he wouldn't be an incarnation of Chenrezig/Chokmah!).

I've provided info on Hitler's past in a few threads on both ATS and BTS.

Apparently Adolf Hitler was awakening positively before the Dugpa Tibetan black magician with the green gloves manipulated him.

There must have been a war of Secret Societies in Europe, Tibet and Japan during World War II.

Gurdjieff was said to have been working with the White Magicians of Tibet against the man with the green gloves, Hitler and their henchmen.

Take a look at the following:

In this symbol (Silvio Berlusconi incidentally has it mown into his lawn) the Kundalini serpent has the man in his jaws and the power has made a King of the man. The Red cross symbolises the sun as in 'solar enlightenment', because the 'sun' is at the heart of every vibration of life on this planet.

Hmmm... Interesting.

It's also quite disturbing that most people, when they see it, have no idea what the Caduceus-that the modern medical system uses-represents.

As for Crowley: Kicked out of Italy for murdering children. Not a very nice man! Too powerful and well connected to get the punishment he deserved.

I don't know about that(it's not quite as far-fetched as people are making it to be though, considering the rituals he was into).

But either way, woe to the one who is seduced into practicing his "Sex Magick" system:

Black Tantrism

Within the perpetual snow of the millenarian Tibet, full of so many traditions, there exist diverse Black Tantric Schools.

Miserable will be the one who affiliates himself to those tenebrous schools. It were better for him that "a millstone were hanged about his neck, and be cast into the sea." (Luke: 17:2)

The fundamental basic objective of the Black Tantric Schools is the development of the abominable Kundabuffer Organ (Tail of Satan).

White Sexual Yoga teaches that the Igneous Serpent of our Magical Powers awakens with the contact of the Solar and Lunar Atoms of the Seminal System in the Triveni, close to the Coccyx in order to initiate its march inward and upward through the Medullar Canal...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
Samael Aun Weor believed that the avoidance of orgasm was the only way to "enlightenment."

As with the tradtional Yoga-Tantra schools.

The same with the Arab, Kemetian and Western Alchemists.

One Tantra states that by breaking the Samaya(Tantric vow) of renouncing the orgasm is to acquire the same karmic debt as slaying a Buddha.

One Sutra says that the most sacred vow is that of Chastity(which is not the same as celibacy).

This is becuase the semen contains the Ojas which is Christic energy or the Bodhicitta necessary for having the Compassion to liberate all Sentient Beings from suffering.

To have an emission is to cause oneself to become more attached to Samsara.

This type of Bodhicitta is known as Jasmine Flower Drops in Eastern Alchemy and Mercury in Western Alchemy.

Fulcanelli said that Philalethes affrims that to try to light the Lamp of the Philosophers without the Mercury, is useless.

The sexual energy that is raised and retained is used to achieve Gnosis, any "spilling of the seed" will prevent this even say a nocturnal emission.

Yes, so the Kundalini, the Bronze Serpent or Shekem Power, can be awakened according to the merits of the Heart.

It is taught that fornication awakens Apep, the Kundartiguador organ, the Tempting Serpent of Eden.

When the Kundalini rises it is met with the Descending Dove of the Holy Spirit.

Heaven and Earth meet, when the Philosophical Stone is extracted from the center of the Earth.

The Kundalini(feminine aspect of the Holy Spirit) is raised up from the bottom of the spinal medulla and is how the Holy Spirit Crowns the Initiate with the Crown of Life, or the Halo seen in various forms throughout the religious art of all cultures.

I assume there is an exception for the sole purpose for procreation, but I don't know what it is.

Actually, see this: www.gnosticteachings.org...

Any type of Sex Magick that does not conform to these rules is "Black Magick." This is basically a form of eastern Sex Magick

It's not just Eastern.

The same symbolism is found in the works of Goethe, Fulcanelli, Paracelsus, Roger Bacon, etc.

However it is taught in various Hindu Yogas and the Five Schools of Tibet(Bon, Nyingma, Kagyu, Sakya and Gelug).

Crowley believed that the extra sexual energy from the orgasm is used to "charge" the sexual fluids. The fluids are then used in diffrent ways depending on the desired result. It my be applied to something like a talisman for example, or it may be ingested. This is a type of Western Sex Magick.

What a foul way to polarize the Astral Light!

The Initiate of the White Lodge can charge talismans with protective energy through Prayer, which is more effective depending on the Initiates Internal Sexual strength that's Transmuted into Divine Consciousness.

The Sexual strength is symbolised by Samael, Samech and Shemesh-Aun(Samson) who's long hair symbolises the Sexual strength.

The fornicator's hair is cut off.

Love is one of the great instruments of magical power, but it is categorically forbidden to the Magus, at least as an intoxication or passion.

Woe to the Samson of the Kabalah if he permit himself to be put asleep by Delilah!

The Hercules of science, who exchanges his royal sceptre for the distaff of Omphale, will soon experience the vengeance of Dejanira, and nothing will be left for him but the pyre of Mount Oetna, in order to escape the devouring folds of the coat of Nessus. Sexual love is ever an illusion, for it is the result of an imaginary mirage. The Astral Light is the universal seducer, typi-fied by the serpent of Genesis.' This subtle agent, ever active, ever vigorous, ever fruitful in alluring dreams a nd sensuous images; this force, which of itself is blind and subordinated to every will, whether for good or evil; this ever-renewing circulus of unbridled life, which produces vertigo in the imprudent; this corporeal spirit; this fiery body; this impalpable omnipresent ether; this monstrous seduction of Nature – how shall we define it comprehensively and how characterize its action? To some extent indifferent in itself, it lends itself to good as to evil; it
transmits light and propagat es darkness; it may be called equally Lucifer and Lucifuge; it is a serpent but it is also an aureole; it is a fire, but it may belong equally to the torments of infernus or the sacrifice of incense offered up to heaven...

- Eliphas Levi

Remember: Tantra is not about the suppression of, or unbridled indulgence in desire; it is the Transmutation of desire.

Do any Thelemites you know of practice the following version of the Vajroli Mudra?:

The Forms of Tantrism

However, the Black Yogis from the clan of Dagdugpa never perform the contact of the Solar and Lunar Atoms inside the organism; they always do it outside the organism.

These Black Yogis (Asura Samphata) commit the crime of ejaculating the semen (Shuhra) during the Maithuna. They do this in order to mix their semen with feminine Raja. Thus, this is how they achieve the contact of the Solar and Lunar Atoms within the same woman's Yoni.

Undoubtedly, the most difficult thing for these Red Hat Bons and Dugpas is the reabsorbing of the Seminal Liquid after having ejaculated it.

A certain terribly malignant psychic type of force exists in this reabsorbing process.

Incorrectly applied, the Vajroli Mudra (in combination with their Mental Force) allows these Red Hat Bons(not all of them) and Dugpas(yes, pretty much all of them) to absorb their spilled Seminal Liquor through their urethra.

During the ordinary sexual contact the Intellectual Animal spills millions of Solar Atoms of very high voltage. These are immediately replaced by billions of Satanic Atoms from the Secret Enemy, and these are collected from within the Atomic Infernos of the human being by means of the process of contraction (orgasm) of the sexual organs after the coitus.

When the semen is not spilled, then the Solar Atoms return inward and upward through Ida and Pingala. Then the Solar Atoms extraordinarily multiply in quantity and quality.

However, the spilled semen (which the Black Tantras reabsorb through their urethra by extracting it from within the vagina) in fact, has already converted itself into a frightful accumulator of Satanic Atoms.

When these types of Abnormal Satanic Atoms intend to rise up to the Golgotha of the Father (the Brain), they violently are cast down against the coccyx by the Three Akashic Breaths that work in Ida, Pingala and Shushumna.

These types of seminal malignant atoms are precipitated through Ida and Pingala. They violently struggle in order to reach the brain; however all of their efforts are useless because the Three Akashic Breaths cast them down against that region of the coccyx where a Malignant Atom has its habitat and also the power to place the Abominable Kundabuffer Organ into activity.

Within any ordinary person, the Igneous Serpent of our Magical Powers remains enclosed within the Coccygeal Center; it is coiled up in a marvelous way three and a half times.

We convert ourselves into Angels when the Serpent rises through the Medullar Canal. However, we convert ourselves into Terribly Malignant Lunar Demons when the Serpent descends, when the serpent precipitates from the coccyx downwards into the Atomic Infernos of the Human Being.

The rising Serpent is the Kundalini. The falling Serpent is the Abominable Kundabuffer Organ...

Basically it's a "my guru said he was bad so he was" type of thing.

The Universal Secret Doctrine, the Symbolism of All Ages, certainly seems to speak otherwise.

In the end however, it is up to the student to find out for her/him self through their own Gnosis.

Just remember that the Great Law is never to be mocked without due consequence.

Cug

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You got to be kidding me!

In order to create a child it is not necessary to spill the semen.

So lets throw out the basics of biology.

Basically it's a "my guru said he was bad so he was" type of thing.

The Universal Secret Doctrine, the Symbolism of All Ages, certainly seems to speak otherwise.

In the end however, it is up to the student to find out for her/him self through their own Gnosis.

Just remember that the Great Law is never to be mocked without due consequence.

Thus spoke your guru.

So you don't like Crowley because he acted in a way not compatible with your religion. That is a perfectly good reason. However that does not make him "Bad" just different. Well as long as you believe in freedom of religion.

EP can you post a smaller image? that big sucker is really screwing up the forum.

[edit on 8/17/2006 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

You got to be kidding me!

So lets throw out the basics of biology.

If you kept on reading that thread you would have come upon this:

If you do want to have a child of your own, it is not necessary to fornicate. Perform the following as described by SAW and if your Being wants you to have a child, you will have one.

CHILDREN OF WISDOM

True Gnostic matrimonies can and must engender children of wisdom. Beloved disciples, please understand that the children of wisdom are not off spring of fornication.

When Gnostic matrimonies want to give a physical body to a great Master of the White Lodge, then they must inevitably descend to the ninth sphere with the ninth arcanum of the Tarot. This arcanum is sex.

The mother of the child of wisdom must prepare herself for a period of nine months before she can create with the power of “Kriya-Shakti”. During this period of time, she must be in constant prayer to the Divine Mother. She must beg her Divine Mother with all her heart and soul to give her the joy of conceiving a great Master in her womb, who will help humanity.

The mother of the child of wisdom must undergo nine months of preparation, chastity, saintliness and meditation before she can perform the sacred sexual act with her husband.

The father of the child of wisdom must not fornicate, lie must also sexually abstain for a period of nine months.

The couple must be in constant prayer to the Divine Mother, beseeching her so that they can have the happiness of having a great Master as their child. They must be chaste in thought, words and action.

The sacred copula is performed in the spring during the month of May, the month of flowers. Throughout the duration of this month, the Buddha descends in order to bless humanity. The sacred sexual act must be performed on a Friday at dawn. The morning star is vibrating intensely at dawn.

The couple must complete the act without ejaculating the seminal liquor (without reaching the orgasm). The Lunar Hierarchy knows how to utilize one masculine gamete and one feminine ovum in order to fecundate the womb.

The mother must sleep in a different position each month, one month on her right side and the following month on her left side. This is how the body of the child, which is in the womb, will receive all of the cosmic benefits.

During the Lemurian epoch, this work was performed inside the great Temples of Mysteries. Painful labor during childbirth did not exist then. This is how the children of wisdom were brought into the world. This is the “Kriya-Shakti” method for creation.

Now, with this very ancient method, which has been lost in the nights of the centuries, any couple who practice Gnostic Christian Yoga could give a physical body to a great Master of the venerable White Lodge.

This marvelous code proves, in evident form, that it is not necessary to ejaculate seven million of sperms in order to create a new human being. God said, “Be fruitful and multiply.” God did not say, “Be fruitful and fornicate.” Therefore, seminal ejaculation is a crime; seminal ejaculation is brutal fornication.

In ancient times, in paradise, reproduction was performed without seminal ejaculation, without the orgasm of both man and woman.

The tenebrous lucifers of the ancient Earth-Moon taught the humans to ejaculate the semen. This is how humans lost their powers. This is represented by Adam and Eve’s departure from Eden.

Therefore, Gnosis does not teach anything that is against Nature. Not spilling the semen is what is natural, what is normal.

So, Gnosis does not teach sexual refinement, it teaches what is truly natural and normal.

People are slanderous concerning this subject, because the philosophical stone is the stumbling stone, it is sex. It is the offensive rock for the evil ones.

Evil ones hate sexual magic. They are repulsed by all that abolishes the simple satisfaction of their carnal passions. This is why they feel repugnance towards chastity.

Such is the law of these poor people. They live for the joy of carnal passion and they hate chastity.

-VM Samael Aun Weor, Excerpts from The Yellow Book Samael Aun Weor

Thus spoke your guru.

And many, many other Christified Buddhas, Rishis, Mahatmas, Magi, etc.

So you don't like Crowley because he acted in a way not compatible with your religion. That is a perfectly good reason. However that does not make him "Bad" just different. Well as long as you believe in freedom of religion.

Never even met the dude, so how could I have anything against him personally?

For all I know, he could have been a chill guy to associate with in day to day life.

Just as you are easy-going and polite, etc.

To have met him or anyone else, and then to hold a personal grudge, would only be a mechanical reaction of the ego anyway.

The rituals he taught are what I find repulsive.

And how he profaned the Gnostic teachings by changing the rituals with all types of fornication, blasphemies, lies and whatnot.

It's nothing personal.

And I especially would have nothing against his Human Soul and Inner-God either.

Gotta give him, as a Essence-personality, at least a little credit for his intellectual capacity though.

It's just too bad that said intellect-in combination with the terrestrial Astral Light-got the best of him.

This is why it is called The Path of the Razor's Edge.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This passage in particular, was indeed beautiful.

During the sexual act they experience the joy of being complete.

Those who do not spill the semen preserve this joy eternally.

The spermatozoon that escapes without spilling the semen is a selected spermatozoon, a superior kind of spermatozoon, a totally mature spermatozoon. The result of such a fertilization is truly a new creature of an extremely high order. This is how we can form a race of Super-Men.

It is not necessary to spill the semen in order to engender a child. Imbeciles like to spill the semen. Gnostics are not imbeciles.

When a couple is united sexually, clairvoyants often see a very bright light enveloping the couple. Precisely in that instant the creative forces of Nature serve as a medium for a new being.

Cug

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Dang Tamahu, you are really making this hard.

I'm not trying to have a discussion with the person who posted that on the other forum. I'm not trying to have a discussion with S.A.W. either. I'm trying to have a discussion with you. It's kinda hard when 90% of your posts are quotes of others.

Never even met the dude, so how could I have anything against him personally?

It's kinda the topic of this thread yaknow? "Crowley, what is so bad?" and all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join