It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI makes alien contact?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
funny, I've been reading Carl Sagan's "Contact" this past week.

very fitting turn of events. i hope there's something to this.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What? Steven Greer making broad statements that can't be backed up by anything or anybody? You must be joking!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ummmmm, wow that's quite amazing!!
That video shows that it is actually real and verifies that it indeed may be possible!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think its happening. The Alien invasion is on its way and the Et signals increasing in numbers and frequency means thier getting closer. My belief is growng everyday and yet none will listen. Thats fine theres nothing i can do to help, even myself anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I believe that we live in very interesting times and that humankind is on the threshold of a new era. I will take what the man says with a pinch of salt but also given the government's track record of disinformation, silencing of people who oppose and outright lies to the general public, I find this info very plausible. To those who don't believe that the gov't would try to keep such info from us just look at Area 51. A base that WAS in plain site for a very long time yet officially doesn't exist. When the average joe wanted to see for themselves, they pushed back the border so you COULD NOT see what your tax dollars are doing. Or maybe we should look at the black budget where billions of our dollars are spent but we are not deemed worthy enough to know on what. I hope that this is truth so that we as humans can finally know what is going on in universe, galaxy, solar system or wherever the signal came from.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I havent been on the net/boards for the past three days...I come on...and Im hit with possibly the best news i can think of.

SETI has actually recieved signals of non terrestrial orgin...THIS IS HUGE....i almost couldnt bring myself to go to the link simply because i was afraid it wasn't real. I only hope that this gets mainstream attn.

GREAT!!!!FIND!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I cannot beleive how evil people can be this days, im not talking about people in this forum but those who govern this country and the rest of the world. they are keeping us blinded about a truth that could change humanity. they are just a bunch of sick bastards hungry for power. still im happy to see how some people like the one in this video help wake up others. most of us are being sheeple. those who say they are awake and still beleive in their goverment and do not belive in UFO, must think again. what kind of contact does seti want?. people are already having contact and even physical contact, still you dont see it on the news, you know why, because those sick bastards dont want you to know whats really happening on the world so instead of showings us the real truth they controlled us by those depressing sick news on TV and stupid reality shows which they really have no reality on them. screw the system.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by leo_infowarrior]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
" think its happening. The Alien invasion is on its way and the Et signals increasing in numbers and frequency means thier getting closer."

Not true at all actually infact it is more likely that if SETI is receiving signals just starting to hit Earth from elseware in the universe. It is also likely that if they did use radio and i say did because no one takes into account how long it would indeed take for radio waves to travel from one star to the next. Well then it is likely that at the time of the broadcasts their technology was about as good as ours or less. Take into account that it could take hundreds if not thousands of years for these signals to hit Earth....

What this means is essentially that they used what we use now centuries or even millenia ago. Think of how far they could have came in that time.

It is very unlikely that microwaves or radio waves would be used for communication over great distances. Infact the future of communication will be 'quantum nonlocality' communication which unfortunatly would no be receivable by SETI or any other current Earth based technology. It is how ships will communicate once we start seeding the galaxy.

No advanced civilization capable of going from one star to the next will use radio comm links. It is simply to inefficient for communication over distances that measure in light years. It would take to long where as quantum nonlocality can be used over great distances in real time. It will truly be the future of communications for humanity anywhere in the universe. If super advanced aliens need to communicate with one another it is likely this is what they would use.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
seems like greer heard it from somebody who is to much of a coward to give his identity

/sarcastic/ Cause theres no way this poor guy is keeping his identity secret because of the ramifications of disclosing information of that gravity /sarcastic/off

[edit on 29-6-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If there really is a signal and someone is blocking it, I think those blocking it are the really paranoid ones. I don't know of anyone who would panic if someone told them SETI discovered a signal from deep space and that means there is intelligent life out there somewhere. Or at least it means there used to be since it may take thousands of years for the signal to reach us and they may have blown themselves up as soon as their civilization went nuclear. Much like ours might if we aren't careful. I heard about a theory indicating that many civilizations may blow themselves up or back to a stone age shortly after they discover nuclear power.

As far as NASA saying they found signs of microbes on Mars it seems logical to me to conclude that life is probably abundant in this galaxy. I thought with strong evidence of life on our neighboring planet, it would be only logical to conclude that with billions of stars in this galaxy and possibly many more planets than stars, life is out there and growing. Life elsewhere only seems logical to me unless you thought our solar system was the only one like it in the entire galaxy and the entire universe. Thinking that our solar system is totally unique among billions of star systems in this galaxy seems to be the truely absurd idea. On the other hand, our government doesn't always seem to have the brightest group of people working for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
I havent been on the net/boards for the past three days...I come on...and Im hit with possibly the best news i can think of.

SETI has actually recieved signals of non terrestrial orgin...THIS IS HUGE....i almost couldnt bring myself to go to the link simply because i was afraid it wasn't real. I only hope that this gets mainstream attn.

GREAT!!!!FIND!!!!

Found this article Digg:
digg.com...

Maybe it will get some mainstream attention!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
" think its happening. The Alien invasion is on its way and the Et signals increasing in numbers and frequency means thier getting closer."

Not true at all actually infact it is more likely that if SETI is receiving signals just starting to hit Earth from elseware in the universe. It is also likely that if they did use radio and i say did because no one takes into account how long it would indeed take for radio waves to travel from one star to the next. Well then it is likely that at the time of the broadcasts their technology was about as good as ours or less. Take into account that it could take hundreds if not thousands of years for these signals to hit Earth....

What this means is essentially that they used what we use now centuries or even millenia ago. Think of how far they could have came in that time.

It is very unlikely that microwaves or radio waves would be used for communication over great distances. Infact the future of communication will be 'quantum nonlocality' communication which unfortunatly would no be receivable by SETI or any other current Earth based technology. It is how ships will communicate once we start seeding the galaxy.

No advanced civilization capable of going from one star to the next will use radio comm links. It is simply to inefficient for communication over distances that measure in light years. It would take to long where as quantum nonlocality can be used over great distances in real time. It will truly be the future of communications for humanity anywhere in the universe. If super advanced aliens need to communicate with one another it is likely this is what they would use.

Valid point but we have been watched and studied for possibly our whole existence. Aliens make cropcircles and do blantant sightings for attention and I am quite confident that aliens are quite aware & knowledgable of our current technology & capabilities.

If they wanted to make contact with us then they would attempt to do so on a medium in-which we can comminicate & understand. They probably laugh at our aircraft & internal combustion engines etc in comparison to their vessels & propulsions & they would understand that we arent too advanced at the moment & they could probably quite easily replicate any of Earths devices.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It seems the majority of the posters on this thread have made the assumption that the contact - if it has been made - would be deliberate.

What if it isn't?

What if its the alien equivalent of TV?

After all, our electromagnetic transmissions precede us, probably some 100 light-years out from our planet by now.

This is a trap I see alot of people fall into.

There is the assumption that whoever is out there is more advanced than we are. While I'm personally convinced that there are civilisations out there who are way ahead of us, its also possible that there are those who are 15-20 years ahead, at the same level or even 50-60 years behind.

It may be that the background has been quiet up until now because our part of the galaxy has only stabilised in relatively local terms recently to allow life to develop.

I know there are alot of arguments put forward that the universe should be teeming with life, and that there should be "x" amount of civilisations in our galaxy given the number of stars out there but think about it for a minute in these terms - in a near infinite universe, only one or two advanced civilisations per galaxy would still mean that the universe was teeming with life.

Wouldn't it be ironic if all we recieved was intergalactic spam?

Also - lets not all fall into the trap of thinking "they are way ahead of us" because its entirely possible that WE are head of someone else.

Its also possible for a race to be only just in front of us in real terms and crossing interstellar distances - who knows what advances we'll have made in 15-20 years?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
It seems the majority of the posters on this thread have made the assumption that the contact - if it has been made - would be deliberate.

What if it isn't?

There is the assumption that whoever is out there is more advanced than we are. While I'm personally convinced that there are civilisations out there who are way ahead of us, its also possible that there are those who are 15-20 years ahead, at the same level or even 50-60 years behind.

Also - lets not all fall into the trap of thinking "they are way ahead of us" because its entirely possible that WE are head of someone else.

Its also possible for a race to be only just in front of us in real terms and crossing interstellar distances - who knows what advances we'll have made in 15-20 years?

I know what you're saying but the fact of the matter is, we are being visited by Aliens and not the other way round.

They have incredible vessels that change direction at a drop of hat, speed off & come to a complete stop in a second & they can fly in our atmposhere, space & travel underwater. - We have submarines, aeroplanes & spaceships that take years to plan launches.

I would put my money on the fact that they are more advanced than us, no doubt.

We may be ahead of some other species in our galaxy but we probably wont be hearing from them for a long time if we are.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Zenem]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

What if it isn't?

What if its the alien equivalent of TV?

TV? No, we are presuming it is INTELLIGENT life.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This sort of news becomes depressingly, predictably, irrelevant all too much. So move on because this will be swept under the rug just like everything else.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Why would anyone presume that the microsoft/seti guy would want to tell the world about this?
Remember microsoft has and will always worked closely with the US govt.They are hand in glove,and have worked tirelessly to improve their oppressive spying techniques so we are now at a point where the US govt can,and does look into peoples computers all over the planet.
So i think they would wish to hide this from us (they wish to have total control over everyone first-think global id cards and one world government police state).

What scares the hell outta the elite?

The possibilty that all their control mechanisms would be SHATTERED by a higher intelligence arriving on Earth.

Of course they would hide the seti data...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
In case any are interested, here is the link to a seti page, that lists all the possible contacts that they have had so far...

there are apparently some signals that are awaiting confirmation/refutation still, because they could not be eliminated as a terrestrial source...

so perhaps there is already a contact, that steve greer isn't even refering to?
the argus project

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
In case any are interested, here is the link to a seti page, that lists all the possible contacts that they have had so far...

there are apparently some signals that are awaiting confirmation/refutation still, because they could not be eliminated as a terrestrial source...

so perhaps there is already a contact, that steve greer isn't even refering to?
the argus project

Thanks Lazarus,

That's a great link. I wonder why all we ever hear about is the "WOW!" signal though?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
is there another link or a mirror site that carries this article? the link doesnt work.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join